PDA

View Full Version : so it seems noone's really interested in the Ank Dedda

majan
Aug 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
with good reason,I'll add before putting this up for discussion.outside of holy grounds and perhaps a little of sleeping warriors,dark has to be onen of hte most useless elements in the game.its a cool idea that the axe represents darkness and death and the like,but kinda stupid that they made it only dark.

so for obvious reasons,this is like the lost s-rank.the one that seems to not fit in.everybody is so happy with their halarods and sweet deaths all flip-floppin around,and the poor purple axe sits in the corner.dead,forgotten,and lonely.

can anybody testify that they support this s-rank?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 1, 2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I'm sure the insane rarity isn't helping things.

DikkyRay
Aug 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
i want it cause its an Axe.
Even though its "useless" to you, Dark looks cool to me. There are ALOT of weps that have dark elements on them. Check your bank. You probably have 1 or 2 in there. Dark element is good because it won't hinder the damage against fire/ice/etc. Sure it wont boost attack, but it isnt taking damage away against the ragan.
The only reason no one has it is because it is so damn hard to find

panzer_unit
Aug 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
You mean that Devil May Cry goth looking thing? The looks turn me off way more than the element... Svaltuses are light and drop some nice Ff S-ranks. If it was some awesome looking axe (see Ank Zazga) I'd hunt it down and use it non-stop in Sleeping Warriors S2 once I finally had my hands on it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think Ank Dedda looks pretty sweet, but man, having to fight Gaozorans [it does drop in Dulk Fakis S, right?] to get that thing, and then a boss that's very anti-mele, and then we realize that that thing will more than likely not drop at all.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
Well, you could do S2 Darbelan hunts (when it's released) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 1, 2007, 01:17 PM
While the only time you may get to use Dark as an opposing element are the missions you said, how many other times are you going to be fighting Dark monsters? Most dark monsters are centered around LL and HIVE. I think it looks pretty cool personally but I don't use any of the melee classes so I don't use axes.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-08-01 10:54, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Well, you could do S2 Darbelan hunts (when it's released) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, that's even better I guess, Darbelans are WAY easier to fight against than Gaozorans.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
Im glad its only dark. Its stupid as hell seeing everybody make EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN S-RANK ICE.

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-08-01 11:25, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Im glad its only dark. Its stupid as hell seeing everybody make EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN S-RANK ICE.

hmm... I kinda laughed - -

I kinda don't like the axe -.=
then again maybe I'm saying that because I don't have one yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pooky-chan
Aug 1, 2007, 01:48 PM

Amen...

HiroSan
Aug 1, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-08-01 11:28, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:

hmm... I kinda laughed - -

I kinda don't like the axe -.=
then again maybe I'm saying that because I don't have one yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Huh??? Rena doesn't use an Axe...and she's a FF?? (Someone's too obsessed with their claws >.>;;;)

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2007, 02:56 PM
What's wrong with a Fortefighter who doesn't have an Axe? I have a Fighgunner who doesn't use Double Sabers, and a part time Fortetecher who doesn't use Dambarta.

Finae
Aug 1, 2007, 03:01 PM
I like Ank dedda, but I do not desire/eagerly want it. This is because I value units and grinded A weapons over the overated S rank weapons out currently (except psycho wand, that s rank is actually good). The other reasons are this :

1. Takes too long to solo. Tbh, I haven't soloed this in a long time with my beast M FF so I'll see how fast I can do it when I don't feel like doing anything else one day. Hive runs are always fun.
2. Ank dedda is a boss box drop. Boss box drops are like winning the lotto. Most people would hunt for items that drop via mobs as its easier to get. The group I hung out with in the past did a ton of fakis S runs and we got **** on every run. You could argue with me on this if and only if many people have the weapons that drop via boss box in which case, most don't.
3. Buffed up mobs and sorcerers are a azz. This is not FT solo friendly either haha. Probably take hours as a FT. I like the sorcerers myself.

Sure, when I'm done getting the rest of the units I want, I'll start hunting this more seriously along with other s rank weapons. For now, its at the bottom of the list of the things to get.

HiroSan
Aug 1, 2007, 03:03 PM
Well Fighgunners can live without Double Sabers, truthfully imo they're weak, but i love em regardless. Fortetechers can live without Dambarta too (although imo Dambarta is broken as HELL) but techers have quite the variety of other techs to use OTHER than Dambarta

Most of the Fortefighters i know are REAL power-hungry and love to see that damage skyrocket, ppl always mentioning how much damage they use with the axe.

Truthfully, i'm not a fan of an axe either, i think they're as slow as my grandma (If not, slower >.>;;) But they do pack a punch o.o I just find it kinda suprising that she hasn't tried usin em, ya know? usually every FF is curious and tries to use it for a bit to see if it's worth it. (cause hell i would)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 1, 2007, 03:08 PM
Pretty sure Rena meant she just doesn't like THIS SPECIFIC axe, the Ank Dedda. I could be wrong, though.

Gen2000
Aug 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
I'm interested in Ank Dedda but I'm not interested in getting unnecessary headaches and stress over the wonderful drop rates that is Boss Boxes combined with the fact that HIVE S isn't one of the fastest missions to item hunt for via boss boxes.

Neith
Aug 1, 2007, 07:45 PM
- HIVE S Drop
- Dark Only

That's enough to put me off it. Don't like Ank Zagza either, and Ank Buti is just a futuristic battle axe..

RadiantLegend
Aug 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
*chance of failing it*

Ill wait till the s2 missions

gundam0079
Aug 1, 2007, 09:19 PM
u shoulda seen me on the 3* luck week, i did 19 dulk fakis missions, i stil want it but no1 wants to help me

MrNomad
Aug 1, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-08-01 19:19, gundam0079 wrote:
u shoulda seen me on the 3* luck week, i did 19 dulk fakis missions, i stil want it but no1 wants to help me

Are you on PC? I think I might have u on my friends list (E-100000 Nomad) msg me sometime if u wanna do some colony runs, I got my light spear ready :3

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 11:09 PM
yawn

I'll wait for the 12 star -.- which is in like well so long?

<3

-.- I don't even uses axes that much <.< >.>

Chuck_Norris
Aug 1, 2007, 11:21 PM
I'd give my left ball for a ank dedda with a good %.

jayster
Aug 1, 2007, 11:45 PM
Honestly, the ank dedda is ugly and it's dark only. I run dulk fakis when friends want to. But I dont run it for the dedda. I run it for the blackbull, that's where sexy's at.

Aralia
Aug 1, 2007, 11:50 PM
I personally won't use axes again till AoI unless I get dedda or zagza.

These moatoob axes are just fugly.

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 11:55 PM
Thats so true <.<

and Dus Daggas rips it in damage anyway

( IMO -.-!!!!! )