PDA

View Full Version : ForteTecher Cast..... is it really that bad if....

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 2, 2007, 05:08 PM
You use the FT cast to use all support techs, buff, debuff, and do spot damage with spells to cause adverse effects to occur? (For example spamming RAmegid for the confusion, not the damgae, after jallen, zalure, and zoldeel'ing the crap out of everything/body) Would this playstyle be suitable for a FT cast..or is it 'still' a no go? How many of you would take one to an S-rank or higher mission willingly?

Just a question, any support would help greatly, and thank you ahead of time.

pikachief
Aug 2, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:08, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:
You use the FT cast to use all support techs, buff, debuff, and do spot damage with spells to cause adverse effects to occur? (For example spamming RAmegid for the confusion, not the damgae, after jallen, zalure, and zoldeel'ing the crap out of everything/body) Would this playstyle be suitable for a FT cast..or is it 'still' a no go? How many of you would take one to an S-rank or higher mission willingly?

Just a question, any support would help greatly, and thank you ahead of time.

i would only take a cast FT if all it used was support spells, bows, and cards. bows can SE anythign u need to quicker than spells, and so do rifles as guntechers or fortegunners!

the onyl time my cast would ever become fortetecher is if i ever found S rank cards cuz i dont want them to go to waste and cards are awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Aug 2, 2007, 05:14 PM
That role would be better for a GT Cast post-AOI, on top of everything else a GT can do that Casts excell at as far as gunners are concerned. Support only for an FT is kinda bland and you're not playing at your potential.

One thing about debuffing - you will be blowing through charges http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

LS_Aksion
Aug 2, 2007, 05:18 PM
i know a buddy who played FT CAST, did all right from my veiw. good MST defence to help defend against TECH attacks.

Jagdpanzer is his name.
he used all the Buff Arts & the Longbow to get ready for the harsh stats of the PT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiryuu
Aug 2, 2007, 05:25 PM
Play however you like.

I soloed Mad Beasts S2/Desert Goliath S all the time with my Cast FT. Was much easier than soloing as any other class. EDIT: Actively using attack techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-08-02 15:39 ]</font>

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 2, 2007, 05:31 PM
ok, with the extra range that higher level debuff techs have, would people having level 3 buffs, and enemies having level 3 debuffs. the damage saved, and the extra damage melee does as a result, does that not add up to about the same as if you had high TP techs? Also I would thing techs would hit a wider range of enemies to give status effects (at the very least the ra techs would add a stun allowing melee chances to get openings, or back up to reposition themselves etc.) Do you all see where i'm going with this?

Deja
Aug 2, 2007, 05:32 PM
One thing about debuffing - you will be blowing through charges.

Lies. Only like 15 spawns a map that need debuffing (badira's don't need it), 15 spawns x 3 debuff spells x 30 PP = 900. You can even go to 20 spawns and get 1200. Cometarac has 934 PP without grinds, so there is your debuff wand for 15 to 20 spawns. And I'm not even taking into account the PP regen on the wand as you run around attacking with cards. Maybe, on some maps, you'd need 2 wands for debuffing, or one photon charge, but that's it.

good MST defence to help defend against TECH attacks.

Falsehoods. Well Cast fT MST ain't bad, but its the worst of all races. I have like...ungodly low compared to Newmans and even Humans.

I Cast fT it up, and I must say, it's not as bad as most say. Well, except that at lvl 100/lvl 10 we have 700 TP less than a Newman at lvl 100/lvl 10. And that Newmans only have like 10 ATA less, and *goes on for eternity*

But that aside, it's great fun. Worrying about stats is a burden, if you want to have fun and be all about support, Cast fT is where it is at. Just get ready to use cards and bows like they are extensions of your body.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-08-02 15:33 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:32, Deja wrote:

I Cast fT it up, and I must say, it's not as bad as most say. Well, except that at lvl 100/lvl 10 we have 700 TP less than a Newman at lvl 100/lvl 10. And that Newmans only have like 10 ATA less, and *goes on for eternity*

C'mon, Casts can't be the best at EVERYTHING!!! lol!

ok, with the extra range that higher level debuff techs have, would people having level 3 buffs, and enemies having level 3 debuffs. the damage saved, and the extra damage melee does as a result, does that not add up to about the same as if you had high TP techs? Also I would thing techs would hit a wider range of enemies to give status effects (at the very least the ra techs would add a stun allowing melee chances to get openings, or back up to reposition themselves etc.) Do you all see where i'm going with this?

Understand that Newman and Human FT's would also have buffs/debuffs at the same level, so it wouldn't necessarily "add up".

Techs are not that great at applying status effects, that is, you would be better off using a bow to apply status as the bullets get level four SE, AND as a cast FT, you'd do some good bow damage.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:39, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-08-02 15:32, Deja wrote:

C'mon, Casts can't be the best at EVERYTHING!!! lol!

Understand that Newman and Human FT's would also have buffs/debuffs at the same level, so it wouldn't necessarily "add up".

Techs are not that great at applying status effects, that is, you would be better off using a bow to apply status as the bullets get level four SE, AND as a cast FT, you'd do some good bow damage.

RA techs get the same level of status Effects for level 21+ techs. Ex RAfoie level 4 burn, RAmegid level 4 confuse, and they target 3 at once. The bow is superior to shis you're saying? O.o

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
Well, according to one of my friends who has both a Newman Fortefighter and a CAST Fortetecher, he said that CAST Fortetecher is much more difficult than Newman Fortefighter. But yeah, you should be allowed to play what you like, even if it is like the worst thing you can possibly be in the game, you're allowed to be whatever you wanna be IMO.

AweOfShe
Aug 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:55, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, according to one of my friends who has both a Newman Fortefighter and a CAST Fortetecher, he said that CAST Fortetecher is much more difficult than Newman Fortefighter.

Was that me? Cause I said that before. I just don't remember when, or to who. XD

Addendum: I play my Cast fT like a Newman fT would (well, the GOOD ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). By mixing up support and attack when needed.

Most fTs like to play one way or the other, which is completely fine, but if you're a fT that can play both ways at the same time with no trouble or complaints, then you're pretty damn awesome in my books.

I use Kotoha-senba (I was told it had a TP boost with it), a Force unit, and a grided 8* rod. And man, the damage is more competent than people make it out to be. Sure, I'll never outdamage any other race, but with the damage they do anyways, there's no fucking point.

Sorta like my Newman fF. She makes stats on paper, a moot point in arguements. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Para
Aug 2, 2007, 06:30 PM
Of course... you do need the equipment to do that "decent" amount of damage first lol

AweOfShe
Aug 2, 2007, 06:31 PM
And the levels. But hey, whoever bothers to work on a character anymore. Let's just take the easy way out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

We could also stare at how crappy the level 1 stats of a non-optimal race/class combo is, and just base our ignorant, non-educated opinions on those, without ever playing them, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-08-02 16:56 ]</font>

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 2, 2007, 06:53 PM
you know...in all honesty when I think about it, Technique damage seems to have alot more things influencing it besides your own TP contributed by race..., you have the Technique itself adding damage as it levels, you have wand/rod which adds a significant ammount of TP, and possible head units to add to this. Also, FT has the highest TP multiple of any class in the game. So even tho racially the TP stat itself is the lowest in the game, its still going to be higher if your gear is straight than any other class that uses techs. If I can gain more durablity do the same thing, only that newman with 0 defense hits for 600 while I hit for 450, i'll take the time to cast one more tech, or let the melee grab teh last hit on it to make up for that damage, cus the other HU's my level are still hitting for 300. If TP isnt effecting the status effect% chance, then is having the lower TP really that bad when things are put in greater perspective? I mean is it really as bad as people make it out to be? :/ when you reach level cap, is 2000 damage vers 2500 damage going to make or break the party? or is having an additional 400 hp and greater defense, so you can be alive to cast that 2k damage tech?

pikachief
Aug 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
like how i went from a 5* rod to a 8* rod i was doign about 80 more damage -_-

AweOfShe
Aug 2, 2007, 06:59 PM
Get your techs to 30 then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: And yes, there are more factors than the character's base TP.

Tech level mods, and elemental %s being the most obvious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-08-02 17:01 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 2, 2007, 07:06 PM
Rain enters the game with Daiga Misaski -

X person beast: .... You don't deserve that

Rain outdamages X person Beast

X person beast: ^%@^@^@w^@^ fsgfsf WTF

hmm....

Wonder if you cast FT'S get that to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiryuu
Aug 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
^ With Sori / Tech and Psycho wand, they probably can.

Nani-chan
Aug 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-08-02 17:31, Shiryuu wrote:
^ With Sori / Tech and Psycho wand, they probably can.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well, you'll probably never even get a Sori / Tech or a Psycho Wand, and Sori / Tech slows down ur casting speed. But yeah, I still say go with CAST Fortetecher if that's what you wish.

Mayu
Aug 2, 2007, 08:14 PM
<.< I can just imagine someones reaction when they see a cast with Psycho wand <.<

hahah

MrNomad
Aug 2, 2007, 08:19 PM
race/class stats only make a difference in the beginning, in the end any race/class can do the job fine. Don't feel all insecure if you cant do that extra dmg that the "pure" race/classes can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif besides, its not like you need to overkill your targets haha pew pew

Para
Aug 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-08-02 18:19, MrNomad wrote:
race/class stats only make a difference in the beginning, in the end any race/class can do the job fine. Don't feel all insecure if you cant do that extra dmg that the "pure" race/classes can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif besides, its not like you need to overkill your targets haha pew pew

mmm... Well lets put it this way...

Stats are a definite value. It cannot be argued. It is fact that a cast will be outdamaged by other race/fortetecher combos.

Now the actual variables are equipment, Photon Art levels and play style/knowledge.

Photon Art levels though can be a definite value in the end and you can't argue with that. Heck equipment can also be a definite value if equipment is similar or even exactly the same.

So then in theory and on paper, there's no doubt that cast fortetecher will be outdamaged by other race/fortetecher combos.

However you shouldn't despair completely. Your playstyle and knowledge is a variable and learning ways to compensate for these other deficiencies may indeed make you decent or a good fortetecher.

I do make it sound like its a lot of work because its true. (remembers playing newman hunter and fighgunner so often http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). If you're up to the challenge or want to do it because its fun in your perspective, do it and be the best damned cast fortetecher you can be.

Kion
Aug 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
I switched to FT to level techs for mt guntecher. Coincidentally i ended up in the same party as Deja. I figured perfect chance, I can ask him about how he plays the class.

"Deja, I feel horibly gimped, how do you mangae?"
*oh never mind, he's dead. maybe that was just a fluke*
"but you really seem to be playing the class well, i really have to admire you're..."
*oh never mind, he died again*
*...and again*
*wow.... again >.>*

Aralia
Aug 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:55, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

RA techs get the same level of status Effects for level 21+ techs. Ex RAfoie level 4 burn, RAmegid level 4 confuse, and they target 3 at once. The bow is superior to shis you're saying? O.o

Wow.. I can't believe no one caught this one...

RA techs get lvl -3- status effect, not 4.
I just maxed them out not too long ago. (maybe a week ago) And I can tell you right now, they don't SE mobs all that well, I much rather run in, cast a few gifoie, run out, switch to wand and cards and go to town than rit out in the background with rafoie while my team gets thrashed. =/

Yes, Cast FT can be decent.. You just need to work more towards getting the best equipment than the newmans/humans do.
It's almost like Beast FT, they're out there.. They're decent.. But they need to put more work into it than Newmans/humans do.
Bow/Cards will be your life, Diga/Foie for some tech fun, MAYBE a few RA's/GI's, Buffs/Debuffs, and Resta/Reverser/Giresta.
I'd like to see someone make some use out of those damn A rank daggers... Between bows/cards and techs... well... FT's don't need to use melee, let alone lvl 1 skills..

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-08-02 18:46, Kion wrote:
I switched to FT to level techs for mt guntecher. Coincidentally i ended up in the same party as Deja. I figured perfect chance, I can ask him about how he plays the class.

"Deja, I feel horibly gimped, how do you mangae?"
*oh never mind, he's dead. maybe that was just a fluke*
"but you really seem to be playing the class well, i really have to admire you're..."
*oh never mind, he died again*
*...and again*
*wow.... again >.>*

Actually, that may have more to do with being a Fortetecher than being a gimped character. I had lots of trouble not dying as a Fortetecher due to their lower HP.

majan
Aug 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
cast FT is game,dude.if it is tech damage you are depending on,I dont reccomend expecting a lot in that department.that's why its pretty frowned upon in terms of people wanting to flame you for it,but do what the fuck you want,man.your build sounds very plausible and rather good.i'd rely a little more on bows/cards for the spot damage and status effects you were talking about though.as a cast,youll be at quite an advantage in that department.youll have atp and ata that typical fortetechers will not have.

do wat you please,man

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-08-02 20:12, Shiroryuu wrote:

Actually, that may have more to do with being a Fortetecher than being a gimped character. I had lots of trouble not dying as a Fortetecher due to their lower HP.

You mean you don't get a complimentary 50% armor in every element when becoming a Ft? My illusions are shattered. Maybe its just f/newm/Ft....

bloodflowers
Aug 3, 2007, 08:59 AM
My alt (currently level 51) is a pure CAST Fortetecher. I find acceptance more difficult to achieve than performance. Now, when I set out and picked that combination I knew the tech damage would never approach that of a Newman, I wanted to make a support techer and field nurse.

What do most parties want from a techer? I've been in this situation with my main - you're all over at Desert Goliath or similar, you've got 5 high level gunners or fighters standing around. What's the first thing anyone says?

"We need a techer"

What they really mean, is they want buffs and free resta, and sometimes a person who can spam Diga at big robots. They want a nurse. So, I made one.

There are downsides - you will need to level resta up to be sufficient, but currently I can heal (to full capacity) anyone at my level, and that's with a Me/Quick on - my Resta is 21. Again, due to TP you will need reasonable equipment and focus on overpowered spells for damage - Dambarta, Diga, Foie - all work fine.

There are upsides too... Higher defense means you can start wearing better armour sooner, and physical damage is somewhat less dangerous. More HP too, so even when you /do/ take that hit, there's a better chance of survival. My robonurse has taken Kamatoze tramplings that would certainly have killed a Newman (since I was left with 50hp). ATP is higher. We can't do as much damage with techs (all the boosting armour and units in the world won't fix the disparity), but we /can/ do more damage with bows and cards. I use Michi-Senba because it has an arm slot to make the most of that ATP, and because the extra endurance (and ability to equip an attacker class SUV) means status effects happen far less frequently - important for a support character.

Having the SUV can be fun too, run with something that has a useful residual status, like Sturm or Blitz. This is better when less aware players suddenly realise you're a CAST having assumed you were a Newman right from the start (yeah, people really exist who don't notice).

I'm not suggesting it's a good combination, not at all - but it can be made to work if you have a specific role in mind and can tick all the boxes. The biggest challenge of all is when you stand next to a Newman techer, both throwing Diga at a Polavohra. You have to learn to accept the fact that they have much, much stronger techs than you ever will, and not let it bother you.

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 09:20 AM
On 2007-08-03 06:59, bloodflowers wrote:
What do most parties want from a techer? I've been in this situation with my main - you're all over at Desert Goliath or similar, you've got 5 high level gunners or fighters standing around. What's the first thing anyone says?

"We need a techer"

... really? What they probably mean is they need another gunner. Well, for Desert Goliath at least.

In general I agree that you don't have to be over 9000 for damage output, to be a valuable team member. Ft resta / reverser / buffs / debuffs are a big advantage and don't take stats at all. Gunners can dish out SE even if they're not great for direct damage... in some cases the SE _are_ great direct damage, of course. Even fighters can support by keeping monsters on the ground with PA hits instead of running all over causing havoc.

burninglink5
Aug 3, 2007, 09:39 AM
You want to see how a cast fortetecher can kick some a**? Just wait until I get my grubby hands on that 11* bow. >:)

bloodflowers
Aug 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-08-03 07:20, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-08-03 06:59, bloodflowers wrote:

"We need a techer"

... really? What they probably mean is they need another gunner. Well, for Desert Goliath at least.

Perhaps that was a bad example - how about Desert Terror then? Granted most of the enemies in Goliath are robots and those die very, very fast to 5x Killer Shot users, but those rogues can tag you for 500 just with a stray shotgun shell.

Anyway, the point was that parties like a nurse because Trimates are expensive, and L3 buffs really help to move missions along quicker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-08-02 15:18, LS_Aksion wrote:
i know a buddy who played FT CAST, did all right from my veiw. good MST defence to help defend against TECH attacks.

Jagdpanzer is his name.
he used all the Buff Arts & the Longbow to get ready for the harsh stats of the PT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Actually I only went 5 ranks of force with my bro. We never did Ft. I only used a bow, resta, and reverser too... oh and twin daggers to rev up my SUV.

My (unused now) alt is a Cast techer though. WT mostly, but I started realizing that regardless of how she compares to a newm at the job, sometimes there are missions or teams where she would be at her personal best as a Ft.
Jobs in PSU aren't like classes in other MMO's. You can change on a whim and depending on your class mix you might not even need to re-link PA's or go back to your room for fresh equipment... you're just pushing your personal balance one way or another.

Shardio
Aug 3, 2007, 10:13 AM
It's very much true that guns induce SE's much better. However, if you think it would be fun playing a Cast FT, why not do it? Some race-class combos aren't that great, but there is a good reason any race can be any class and that is personal customisation! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

chibiLegolas
Aug 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
Actually, I rather enjoy my support FOcaseal. After reaching mid level on my GT, I immediately switched to FT during end game stadegies since I wanted my support techs to be usefull.
There's absolutely nothign wrong with support heavy cast FT. The only main difficulties about a support FOcast/FOcaseal is that it's difficult to solo or be in a 3 man party. You're a support FO, so you'll need to support as many ppl as possible, even if it's NPC's.
For me, I'm mainly relying on my teamates for damage, be it skills/bullets/ or even techs. I carry 4 wands + cards with me for all debuffs + heals for every situation.
And yes, the key is to make sure you've got 21+ support techs and proper equipment to be an effective support FT.

I've even bumped into other techers and will gladly relieve them of support duty so that they can concentrate on nuke'n.

My main use of damage are through cards, so make sure you pump as much extra damage you can into them. 21+ BA with all elements, ageha-senba set, grinded cards, etc.
Same goes with wands.

I can see that you can also learn a few techs as well. Gi-techs are fun and seeing SE3 all around you feels great. Just make sure you've got proper armor on.
Plus a selective other damage techs would be a good idea as well. Though I don't have experience with them. But can say RA techs seem viable. 3 targets from a distance with SE3 sounds good to me. Diga/foie seems redundant since you've got access to bows 21+.

And don't forget, if you do end up prefering wands over rods, cards may just be as good in your off hands as most low PP damage tech on your primary hand (perhaps?).

But if you need more suggestions, take a look here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=143560&forum=22

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-08-03 13:17 ]</font>

Gen2000
Aug 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
Some people make things overly complex for no reason when it comes to making race/class combos outside of the norm and end up being horrible....not because of the race/class combo but how they think should be playing it.

I played with Shiryuu's cast fT many a times and it's the best one I've seen in the game so far, better than most non-cast fTs I played with. He doesn't do the dumb "only use Bows/Cards/Support only be afraid of tech damage" deal that's usually suggested for cast fT, he simply just play like any other fT would (or should) and that's with a nice balance of attack and support spells. Help the party out by just killing **** instead toying around so many SEs, yes your Diga doesn't do 2K crit on lightining enemies but 1K is still nice. Also SUV from a fT is hawt, even if it doesn't have the raw damage power of Fortegunner/fighters it still controls all of the mobs onscreen for a few seconds and even better it BURNS them (if possible) helping the whole party kill faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2007-08-03 10:13 ]</font>

DreXxiN
Jun 1, 2008, 09:05 AM
Sooo..I'm just curious..is this CAST fortetecher craze actually ANY FUNNER to play than any other fortetecher, or do people just feel special and unique when they pick one? LIke you know, the underground grindcore kids that have their cult kinda deal.

unicorn
Jun 1, 2008, 09:19 AM
I've been a FOcast since the cap was 70 in v.1.

Its not incredibly weak. Granted, all other races do FT better, but we do have some good damage. For some reason, we're constantly compared to Guntechers. I know I do more damage than Guntechers. My Ra-techs hit 1.2k to four enemies, I know GTs aren't doing that. GT and FT are completely different gamestyles. And soon, FT will get 40 support, so CAST FT will be considerable again.

Annnd we look sooo much cooler than Newmans as an FT. Oh and we have SUV. I have yet to try paradi cataract as my FT (hard to find armor with a head slot, body slot, and extra slot... ._.;).

Of course, this combo is a very difficult one, but its not "weak".

Vent
Jun 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
How much fun a class is isn't pre-determined. So you can't say a Beast fF is more fun to play than a Cast fT. It's about personal preference. If for some people getting fun lies within being unique, then they'll enjoy a Cast fT.

Also, why do I see a lot of 'is this race good with this class?' or 'should I do that with this class?'. Seriously, just do what you like.

F-Gattaca
Jun 1, 2008, 09:45 AM
Jafo: This just might be me, but I'm not convinced by the idea that the only classes a race can play well as are the ones that they have synergy with. The stat increase is nice if you have that synergy, but it ain't everything (especially after that stat nominalizing they did back in the day). I figure, you can overcome glaring weaknesses with a certain type by playing to your race's strengths.

For example, something pointed out to me is that, even though Humans have a synergy with AFs, Newman AFs can do some serious pain with S-rank RCSMs, taking advantage of their higher TP.

... and am I the only one laughing at the way the Similar Threads system at the bottom of the page works?

The Struggles of a Cast Fortetecher: Season Two Deja Fan Works 0 11-05-2007 03:03 PM
The Struggles of a Cast Fortetecher: Season Two Deja Fan Works 0 11-05-2007 02:58 PM
The Struggles of a Cast Fortetecher: Season Two Deja Fan Works 0 11-05-2007 02:55 PM
The Struggles of a Cast Fortetecher: Season Two Deja Fan Works 0 11-05-2007 02:46 PM
Cast fortetecher... lethe PSU General 0 12-31-1969 06:00 PM

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
There's something intriguing about playing as a FTcaseal slinging Hoshi-kikami stars all over the place. I can do about 2800 as a fT on my CAST with diga, near 3800 on a crit, but I think acrotecher is better suited. Even if you do nothing but buff/heal/reverser, nobody will complain. Plus it looks cool.

Dragwind
Jun 1, 2008, 11:40 AM
During these times, I'd say it would probably be more beneficiary for a cast to go aT instead.

AweOfShe
Jun 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
I don't use bows or cards unless there's flying enemies (even then I'm more likely to use the Nos techs :P), and I've never had any problems running with techs alone. But hey, it helps when you know what you are doing. ;)

Kion
Jun 1, 2008, 12:42 PM
i guess now there's no reason to go all out cast FT with other options. AT if you're going the support aspect with, or GT with equipment. If you're going to make a character solely for the purpose of doing tech damage; you might as well make a newman. Human if you want some elbow room to switch around classes.

MAXrappy
Jun 1, 2008, 01:10 PM
i dont think it should matter how a player wants to play. weather its cast FT or newman Ff
you shouldnt kick someone just because of how they play. its a game you should just enjoy it. me being a cast AT it really ticks me off when some one kick me from a group just for being a certain class i suposivly "bad" at. im lv 123 with only lv 20 techs but iv done more damage to enemys than some human and even newman FT. so i dont think anything is a "no go"