PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Myth busting!

WOOD7770
Aug 2, 2007, 05:20 PM
So after many hours of debate, I am starting to believe the rumor that it is impossible to get a Boss box drop or an S rank item while running solo.
Many of you will flame this post and just say... run more missions. Obviously you dont know me at all. My Cast has run Plains Overlord S2 almost exclusively since it came out. He is now level 86 and has collected 120+ PA frags. That is atleast 50 missions by myself as well as a few others in small parties. Only materials drop in the Boss boxes and have only seen S rank [B] drops when in a party. I did get a rare board once... a [B]Scape Doll lol!
That being said, I realize there are tons of people who have never once seen a good drop. Many sympathies for the casual gamer. Looks to be a near impossible task.
As a hard-core player (sickness) I am just curious to know: Who out there has found any great drops while running solo? I have a few friends that do the same thing as me with similar results. Should we give up the solo fest?
By the way, we do also run missions as a group on a daily basis. So far Onmagoug only saw fit to drop a Howrod.

Jet1337
Aug 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
Back when I used to play, I got a Sori/Mind on a Forest Infiltration S2 run.

Vyre
Aug 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
Crea Doubles [b] = Linear S
Me / Quick = Demons Above A
Halarod [b] = Demons Above S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vyre on 2007-08-02 16:03 ]</font>

Umberger
Aug 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:20, WOOD7770 wrote:Who out there has found any great drops while running solo?

Deva-Zashi board.

shotsfired
Aug 2, 2007, 06:45 PM
meteor cannon board.... but take into account the 100's if not 1000's of solo runs.... most of my big drops have been found in parties of 2 or 3....

BTW, if you are 360, shoot me an invite. Stryke Force is going on in groups of 3 tonight, and we could use another for our group, that is if you are a gunner...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shotsfired on 2007-08-02 16:45 ]</font>

pikachief
Aug 2, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-08-02 15:20, WOOD7770 wrote:
That being said, I realize there are tons of people who have never once seen a good drop. Many sympathies for the casual gamer. Looks to be a near impossible task.

i have over 2600 hours and have not seen a single S rank board drop so dont say its only the casual gamers! i've done only plains runs on my fighgunner since she hit 70 and now shes 76 i think!

and i still havent seen any S rank boards drop!

also 50 missions is probably less than half as many as people do for S ranks!

me and a friend hit AT LEAST 150 hours looking for the halp serafi! GOT FOUR SPAWNS! just easter eggs and feathers!

Golto
Aug 2, 2007, 06:57 PM
This is what I've gotten solo worth noting [B] Gudda Skela x3 and 1 Har/ quick.

You can get good stuff soloing its all up to your real life luck.

WOOD7770
Aug 2, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-08-02 16:51, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-08-02 15:20, WOOD7770 wrote:

i have over 2600 hours and have not seen a single S rank board drop so dont say its only the casual gamers! i've done only plains runs on my fighgunner since she hit 70 and now shes 76 i think!

and i still havent seen any S rank boards drop!

also 50 missions is probably less than half as many as people do for S ranks!

me and a friend hit AT LEAST 150 hours looking for the halp serafi! GOT FOUR SPAWNS! just easter eggs and feathers!

I guess I did not point out the fact that I have 4 characters over level 82. I have probably run more missions than anyone in the game. This was just pointing out the question of actually getting a great drop while running solo! 50+ missions is only what I have done solo (with my Cast) since Plains Overlord came out on S2 you big goof =)

Golto
Aug 2, 2007, 07:05 PM
I think your main problem is doing a mission where only one monster type drops a srank board. Boss box drops are just insanely rare so they don't count.

WOOD7770
Aug 2, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-08-02 17:05, Golto wrote:
I think your main problem is doing a mission where only one monster type drops a srank board. Boss box drops are just insanely rare so they don't count.

Ok let me clear this up... I am NOT complaining! Everyone knows how insanely rare Boss drops are. Just asking the question of possibility. I gather the previous posts claiming various drops while running solo answer the question. I guess I will just have to hang my head and keep pulling De Ragans pants down in public. =)

-Crokar-
Aug 3, 2007, 01:05 AM
ive see over 10 s rank boards and loads of units

i hate the bosses and they hate me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-08-02 23:07 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Aug 3, 2007, 01:08 AM
[b] svaltus sword
plenty of A rank boards.

Phantomface
Aug 3, 2007, 01:21 AM
[B] two-headed ragnus, and I SAW a solid/power S drop once...

Hatemachine
Aug 3, 2007, 01:29 AM
You aint the only one sufferin bro ran that mission to DEATH with both my Fortegunner AND my fortetecher.

If nothin else it's making my gunner WAY stronger working the shotgun and rifle as well as twin pistols is great so the way I see it I get exp money PA frags weapon exp AND the CHANCE (be it unholy slim) for an S rank board AND A rank 9* guns.

If your hunting for an S rank party up makes it go faster and with more repition increases the chances for the drop more runs = more chances.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 3, 2007, 01:37 AM
Where do you 360 players get all these stupid rumors? :/

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 02:02 AM
seriously. I've been playing for over 2500 hours and that's only since january, so i devote a lot of my time to this game and I've run GoFs2 over 150 times in parties of 2 or three. a board finally droped from one of the red bots...yeah a real board. it was the second s rank weapon board I'd ever laid eyes on and the first I'd ever gotten...so that said I still can't believe it happened and I'm pertified of synthing it. still, i have fought that boss over 150 times and I have the frags to prove it. the only rare board he's ever dropped was the infamous and elusive [B]scape doll. then again I ran demons above with some friends on a whim and got an orpa senba ofrom onma on the first run...And a good friend ran Forest infiltration S2 for hours on end for over a month and never got the cannon board...it's all luck and soloing as nothing to do with it.

Wallin
Aug 3, 2007, 02:04 AM
It's posts like these that make me wonder why I'm still playing the game... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 03:40 AM
eh? i was gonna quit if i didn't get a board by mid august...it worked out though...just gotts keep at it i suppose

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 09:31 AM
I just want to max my PA's and make some more +10 weapons. You know, semi-achievable things. I'll get my Gur Bazga the old-fashioned way: by pestering someone who got one out of the blue by accident one day.

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
Panzer_Unit does have a point. Part of rare hunting should also be checking the trade boards and whatnot for people who HAVE found the item you're looking for and negotiating a trade. You can't expect to find EVERYTHING on your own lol. Plus if someone else found it and doesn't want it why not take it off their hands for them? XD

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-08-03 07:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-08-03 07:47 ]</font>

Mr_Confused
Aug 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
we get all of these rumors from 10 year old scammers that people refuse to not listen to

WOOD7770
Aug 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-08-02 23:37, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Where do you 360 players get all these stupid rumors? :/

Well, here is how it goes... Person A joins a party after running Eastern Peril for 40 straight solo missions and says "I was just in a mission with random people and the Quick dropped on the first run! Studid Newman luck!" he says. Person B says "Hey, I was in a party with a Newman there last week and the Quick dropped then too. First one I ever saw even though I've run that like a thousand times!"
Person C says "OMG, same thing with me a while back! Maybe you have to have a Newman in the party to get one to drop?" Meanwhile Persons D, E, and F who are intently listening, file this way back in thier brains. One week later F is in a party with C, and D blurts out "You guys were right! We ran Onmagoug 8 times last night and as soon as a Newman joined the party we got one to drop."
...and they tell 2 friends, and they tell 2 friends, and so on!
Get it now? =)

Niloklives
Aug 3, 2007, 04:24 PM
so most everyone is 12 years old?

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 04:38 PM
I hear if you want a boss to drop an S rank you have to light three black candles and sacrifice a chicken.

Does anyone know where I can find a live chicken? I can get the candles from Pier 1 or that place in the mall.

Pannonslayer
Aug 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
So far from solo runs i've found
Crea Double Board x 2
Hard Power Charge x 1
2 headed ragnus board x 1

Chaobo99
Aug 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
actually,it's a newman curse that things dont drop for forces ><...in most of my parties,the fighter/gunner gets away with the dam halarod and later ill end up with a solid / power S randomly...I guess it works out for trade xD...but I find it silly.

HellJumper
Aug 3, 2007, 06:27 PM
Just picked up the Needle Cannon board.

Duke
Aug 3, 2007, 06:47 PM
Wow dumb rumors