PDA

View Full Version : Lol, firefox.

Uncle_bob
Aug 2, 2007, 09:55 PM
Firefox sucks.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 2, 2007, 09:58 PM
Which part, the fire part or the fox part?

DikkyRay
Aug 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
glad im not the only one using I.E.
i hope

Uncle_bob
Aug 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-08-02 19:58, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Which part, the fire part or the fox part?

Both. It's more like FireSux.

Weeaboolits
Aug 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/firefox.png

Sord
Aug 2, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-08-02 19:59, DikkyRay wrote:
glad im not the only one using I.E.
i hope

i use IE7

Mayu
Aug 2, 2007, 10:03 PM
-.-

- - Click page something on PSOW

- - - Loading - loading

?????

- clicks something

- Stopped

???????

- keeps clicking

??????

-.- - Ends process <.<

Uncle_bob
Aug 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
I know, Rena. Firefox sucks like that.

DizzyDi
Aug 2, 2007, 10:06 PM
Same thing has been happening to me lately.

Weeaboolits
Aug 2, 2007, 10:07 PM
Mine's been working fine.

Mayu
Aug 2, 2007, 10:08 PM
Update it I dare you -.-

Weeaboolits
Aug 2, 2007, 10:09 PM
I did, actually, unless there's a new one. >_>

TalHex
Aug 2, 2007, 10:10 PM
mines working fine also

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-08-02 20:03, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
- - Click page something on PSOW

- - - Loading - loading

- clicks something

- Stopped

-.- - Ends process <.<

That happened yesterday, so I opened up the dusty IE after searching it out on the comp, and it didn't fare any better. ;o

Blitzkommando
Aug 2, 2007, 10:12 PM
Netscape Navigator 9 is superior if you absolutely need those silly Firefox plugins. Otherwise Opera is the obvious choice for an 'alternative' browser as it doesn't gorge itself on your system resources unlike Netscape and Netscape-based Firefox.

Para
Aug 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148852&forum=6&23 over here yo.

And just use IE when you're on PSU lol

astuarlen
Aug 3, 2007, 12:22 AM
On 2007-08-02 20:12, Norvekh wrote:
Otherwise Oprah is the obvious choice

That's the chick who gives away cars on TeeVee, rite??

Hell, since you say so, Norvekh, I'll try it if I can find a skin as supersmexy as my current Firefox one. (http://www.spuler.us/themes/smoke/screenshots.html)

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 12:35 AM
It's probably just user error.

Also, this site is the only site which I ever have problems on, and I'm running Firefox. Firefox is a lot better for download management, bookmarks, privacy, and searching. Also has the best customizable interface with add-ons internet explorer couldn't even manage.

VanHalen
Aug 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
IE 7 ftw

Skuda
Aug 3, 2007, 12:37 AM
Ah, Umkle beat me to it.

Solstis
Aug 3, 2007, 01:04 AM
Let's kick it cool style.

Safari! Wooh!

Firefox is tortoise mode compared to Safari on my Mac. Some pages, sadly, don't work with Safari (well, Whentowork is the only one so far).

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 01:30 AM
Well, speed is just based on your hardware and how you upkeep it. I defragment the drive everyday, and I uninstall old programs and delete old files I don't use. My firefox is fast as hell. It takes 1.5 seconds to startup, and even less to go to a page.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2007, 01:36 AM
Psh, I have shit fer internets, so Firefox, along with IE is slow as hell.

Solstis
Aug 3, 2007, 03:19 AM
On 2007-08-02 23:30, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
Well, speed is just based on your hardware and how you upkeep it. I defragment the drive everyday, and I uninstall old programs and delete old files I don't use. My firefox is fast as hell. It takes 1.5 seconds to startup, and even less to go to a page.

No. Safari is a cleaner, more efficient browser than Firefox. It runs faster. Trust me. I'm not stupid.

(I have both on my computer, and can compare. There are articles on it too)

Uncle_bob
Aug 3, 2007, 03:22 AM
Firefox is a fucking resource hog. True story.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 03:43 AM
On 2007-08-03 01:19, Solstis wrote:

On 2007-08-02 23:30, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

No. Safari is a cleaner, more efficient browser than Firefox. It runs faster. Trust me. I'm not stupid.

(I have both on my computer, and can compare. There are articles on it too)

and us PC users can't use Safari.

To Uncle Bob: Explain how Firefox is a resource hog, and explain what that means?

Weeaboolits
Aug 3, 2007, 03:53 AM
It uses a lot of RAM, true story, bring up task manager and take a look.

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 03:57 AM
yeah it does <.<

Blitzkommando
Aug 3, 2007, 04:07 AM
Safari is indeed fast. Especially the Beta 3 version, even on Windows. Opera though still pulls the lead for web rendering time and IE7 starts the fastest. Security is relative to the user. When the user is intelligent and doesn't click every link they come across, IE has sufficient security. When they are dumb and click every link not even the great and powerful Firefox is secure. Aesthetics with my browser has never been a priority. I tried skins on Firefox and other browsers, but frankly they got in the way and it was just another thing to install not to mention additional bloat to load every time the browser starts. I really like IE7 as it is extremely minimalistic. Forward, back, stop, refresh and search. Add in the easily configurable favorites menu and the quick-links and it is just wonderfully laid out.

Frankly if there were a modern version of it, I'd love NCSA Mosaic as a main browser. It was tiny, fast, and ended up as the base for Netscape (which Firefox is based on) and Internet Explorer. And while Mosaic still works with all 32-bit Windows (Even Vista) it is still an ancient 16-bit program that was last updated way back in 1994 to add Windows NT support.

Long story short, Firefox is defaulted (for whatever reason) for dialup use. You have to manually tweak it in order to cut down its hogging of resources as well as to get it to have more simultaneous connections to speed up usage when on broadband. Mozilla group have also continually had issues of creating memory holes where the program must eventually be shut down as it will not release memory after it no longer needs it. Memory holes like that can lead to all sorts of issues, including crashes on systems with lower amounts of memory. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have alternative browsers to Konqueror, Safari, and Internet Explorer, but Firefox simply has too many bugs with it and it seems to be a beta program touted as a final product. Opera from my experience has been fast, efficient, full of features, and has the most accurate web rendering of any browser by far (which sometimes can actually cause issues by sites using bad code that is ignored by other browsers but rendered in Opera).

EDIT: To 360NyTeMaRe, you might want to check out http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Safari has been out for Windows for a little while now, and it works very well. I personally don't care for it as it doesn't allow me to sort my favorites like I would want, but it is a very fast browser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2007-08-03 02:13 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 05:22 AM
Okay I will give Safari a try.

Doesn't Windows Vista use Safari? I didn't like Safari on the Mac. I thought it SUCKED.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 05:45 AM
Allright, I'm using the new Safari beta, here's the pros and cons compared to Firefox.

Pros:
Better looking fonts-much clearer and rounded / easier to read
Faster Startup
Nice skin / button layout

Cons:
Slower page loading
No name/password save
No button 3 on the mouse
New control scheme
ADS!? Firefox had NO ADS
No cookies...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-03 04:19 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 3, 2007, 08:50 AM
Oh, sorry, I tend not to worry about ads.

Yeah, Safari does have some problems, but I prefer it on Mac to Firefox. It is a beta on Windows, though.

Is Opera really all that great Norvekh? I might check it out then. I was using Avant a few year ago, and that thing was really annoying.

TalHex
Aug 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
i was going to get opera for my DS but then i decided against it... i'm holding off for firefox ds <-----(likes LingoFox and FoxyTunes add-on)

astuarlen
Aug 3, 2007, 11:25 AM
Using Oprah right now, but I still haven't gotten any free stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
It will probably take some getting used to, but if it frees up resources that's cool.

TalHex
Aug 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
we need to brain wash i mean convince more people to come to FKL its kind of dead today

Weeaboolits
Aug 3, 2007, 11:35 AM
I'm trying opera too, it seems pretty good so far, but like Ast said, it'll take some getting used to.

Weeaboolits
Aug 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
I slept in again, I need to get to bed earlier. >_>;