PDA

View Full Version : BlackBull: Real Opinions

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 07:12 AM
ok heres my concern.

everyone wants one.
now my close friends just happen to be close friends w/ Q-bot; a 360 holder of a blackbull (i think only one; maybe 2)

so they let me in to see it.

in all honesty; tha gun is kinda tacky.

tha photon at tha tip of tha barrel makes it look very wierd; and tha shot is rather small.

its better then tha a rank rifles now; but i dont think its worth all this effort (25mil just for tha [B]??)

My Question: do yall fortegunners want this for its;

A) Power (Phantom 10 only does about 40 more; we tested. w/o phantomline of coarse; but cant hav that succkky armor forever right?)
B) Looks/Effects
C) Just cause its an S rank rifle.

i just wanna know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiryuu
Aug 3, 2007, 07:17 AM
All of the above. It's not like I'm ever going to get a phantom to +10 anyways.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 08:16 AM
yah i guess most gunners just want an S rifle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Golto
Aug 3, 2007, 08:22 AM
The same reason why Newman FT wants a Halarod or Kazarod eventhough a grinded Howrod has better stats.

XanGabriel
Aug 3, 2007, 08:26 AM
Uhm... Here's my concern. I'm quite "literation-minded". WTF are you even saying there, kid?

XD

Blackbull gives you wings!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-08-03 06:27 ]</font>

bloodflowers
Aug 3, 2007, 08:37 AM
Need an option for "I want it so I can sell it".

9lotus
Aug 3, 2007, 08:49 AM
Just for looks, mainly, but...

Rattlesnake > Blackbull

RegulusHikari
Aug 3, 2007, 09:13 AM
I've always wanted my BB just because it fits so well with my evil FG. >:3 Honestly, if he wasn't all black and used mostly dark bullets, I wouldn't have cared so much for it.

I never thought I'd ACTUALLY get one, though. It's 10-15 points less powerful than a Phantom combo at +0, so really all it has going for it is the slightly faster shooting speed.

I lubz it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 10:20 AM
On 2007-08-03 06:22, Golto wrote:
The same reason why Newman FT wants a Halarod or Kazarod eventhough a grinded Howrod has better stats.

takes 8 grinds to match a Halarod; and it sure cant beat a Kazarod.

halarod is just tha cheapest S rank we can get (gone down to 6mil now)

Tahldon
Aug 3, 2007, 10:22 AM
On 2007-08-03 08:20, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-08-03 06:22, Golto wrote:

takes 8 grinds to match a Halarod; and it sure cant beat a Kazarod.

You call 6 Mil cheap? Mph..I must really be behind the powercurve then..

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
cheapest; not nessesarly cheap but its tha lowest outta our class of S ranks.

Golto
Aug 3, 2007, 11:12 AM
Halarod pp 1368 tp 673
Kazarod pp 1404 tp 708

Howrod +5 pp 1437 tp 656
Howrod +10 pp 1604 tp 704

So it is pretty easy to get a howrod to +5 which has about the same stats as a Halarod.

MrNomad
Aug 3, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-08-03 09:12, Golto wrote:
Halarod pp 1368 tp 673
Kazarod pp 1404 tp 708

Howrod +5 pp 1437 tp 656
Howrod +10 pp 1604 tp 704

So it is pretty easy to get a howrod to +5 which has about the same stats as a Halarod.

Too bad grinding a weapon is a coin toss, and losing generally can have a much greater impact than winning in the case of A ranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 11:39 AM
exactally; idk where ppl got tha idea that grinding A ranks is caek.

Golto
Aug 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
Stop being biased Rashiid, you're supposed to be the one that doesn't care about stats and using the best equipment. You use a grinded Phantom in your example why can't I use a grinded Howrod?

I get over 50% of a ranks to +5 so its no big deal. You should be able to do the same usless you are a moron that grinds without +3 luck. You 360 people who cry about money still spam Lab Recovery so getting the money to make 2-3 howrods will only take a day or two.

A Phantom +5 is about equal to a Blackbull just like a Howord +5 is about equal to a Halarod and non-newmans can use it.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 12:32 PM
S ranks are different; its not just tha same '5 grinds in its better then tha lower starrate'

we cant just get 99 Phantoms and 99 A+10s and just grind our ass off untill we hav a (10) weapon like yall can; that shiitz nearly impossible.

i just dont want a Kazarod b/c its not as good lookin as a Hala; id still take it just cause its cooler then an A rank.

thats why i made it an option; incase others didnt know that it takes more then (5) grinds on a phantom to match its power.
and who said i still cared about stats? i would take a Halarod over a Howrod (10)
matter of fact; i dont have a single howrod; just mayrods (3) (4); spent it all on a Halarod; which later traded for a Hirokteri. (Hala + 2mil)

and ive never grinded an A rank; i dont plan on until they cant break; its not worth just to add a few 'LOLBIGNUMBERZ'

MrNomad
Aug 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-08-03 10:10, Golto wrote:
Stop being biased Rashiid, you're supposed to be the one that doesn't care about stats and using the best equipment. You use a grinded Phantom in your example why can't I use a grinded Howrod?

I get over 50% of a ranks to +5 so its no big deal. You should be able to do the same usless you are a moron that grinds without +3 luck. You 360 people who cry about money still spam Lab Recovery so getting the money to make 2-3 howrods will only take a day or two.

A Phantom +5 is about equal to a Blackbull just like a Howord +5 is about equal to a Halarod and non-newmans can use it.

Im on PC o o You know, we below lvl 75 cant go out, find crap for profit and then sell it like you can. I can only do so little S2 missions at 61. Sure, I can spam HSM or Crimson and get money that way, but its boring to me, plus I wanna lvl up, so I always leave for other planets and do a different set of missions. "Ohh, moatoob's mission rewards arent as good as CB" Yea, but at least I have more fun doing something different than staying at the same spot again, and again. And ya, grinding's important, or at least it will be come AoI, but now its really just a gamble for some extra damage. I'd rather have a weapon with a better element %, or go S hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Aug 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
I could really care less about the Blackbull now that the Rattlesnake is available. Besides, I don't use rifles all that often to begin with.

Whackedcougar
Aug 3, 2007, 01:25 PM

Found ready made gudda skelas with 10% Ice for 1.4 MIl.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 3, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-08-03 11:25, Whackedcougar wrote:

We're talking forces. Hunters get their equipment easy.

Lucky hunters... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

jayster
Aug 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-08-03 11:56, PALRAPPYS wrote:

On 2007-08-03 11:25, Whackedcougar wrote:

We're talking forces. Hunters get their equipment easy.

Lucky hunters... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

forces get their equipment easy compared to rangers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif lol.

But I want the blackbull / rattlesnake just for bragging rights and the cool effects.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-08-03 05:12, Rashiid wrote:
ok heres my concern.

everyone wants one.
now my close friends just happen to be close friends w/ Q-bot; a 360 holder of a blackbull (i think only one; maybe 2)

so they let me in to see it.

in all honesty; tha gun is kinda tacky.

tha photon at tha tip of tha barrel makes it look very wierd; and tha shot is rather small.

its better then tha a rank rifles now; but i dont think its worth all this effort (25mil just for tha [B]??)

My Question: do yall fortegunners want this for its;

A) Power (Phantom 10 only does about 40 more; we tested. w/o phantomline of coarse; but cant hav that succkky armor forever right?)
B) Looks/Effects
C) Just cause its an S rank rifle.

i just wanna know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Honesty meant to sell his Blackbull for 80 million but I've been told he forgot a zero, and sold it for 8,000,000

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
did u know a regular phantom with a phantom line is almost as strong as a blackbull? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and theres about 3 people with black bull on 360 now, since someone else recently found another board >.>

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
If Blackbull shoots a little faster than Phantom, Phantom is served. The last thing most people use a rifle for is damage rate... SE's depend mostly on rate of fire and PP capacity. I see more Brahohs and Falgohohs than Phantoms.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-08-03 12:37, panzer_unit wrote:
If Blackbull shoots a little faster than Phantom, Phantom is served. The last thing most people use a rifle for is damage rate... SE's depend mostly on rate of fire and PP capacity. I see more Brahohs and Falgohohs than Phantoms.

my dad plays my account and he uses rifles for damage....... i try to tell him to use my corssbow and shotgun but he continues to use the rifle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RegulusHikari
Aug 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
Like I said, the P-combo out damages the BB by 10-15 points of damage, maybe more if you've got elemental advantage.

But, yes I can tell you first hand that the BB does indeed shoot faster (I actually forgot that high rank weapons attack faster than lower ones until I used it). By no means is it a DRASTIC improvement, but definitely noticeable.

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 03:23 PM
Ras http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Go hunt a Rattle snake so you can look cool

and you can laugh at people with BB's ;p

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-08-03 13:23, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Ras http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Go hunt a Rattle snake so you can look cool

and you can laugh at people with BB's ;p

i think the rattle snake looks horrible

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 03:30 PM
but he can feel special <.< : )

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 03:32 PM
someone named magashi renvolt or somethign liek that has a black bull

so does Q/bot

and axl

and someone else i cant remember, and one is currently synthing

Golto
Aug 3, 2007, 04:05 PM
Man Rashiid you really should check on things before you make statements.

Blackbull pp 1333 atp 586
Phantom +5 pp 1482 atp 582

4 atp difference, like I said almost equal that +149 pp more than makes up for a max of 2 more damage per hit.

I guess you misunderstood me. I know you don't care about stats and functionality. But then why do you care so much about the Blackbull's shortcomings?

The reason your precious [B]Halarod is so much cheaper is because it can drop from regular monsters. The [B] Blackbull on our servers at this point can only drop from 1 of 3 boss boxes. The chances of getting a non-area srank board to drop from a monster is a lot higher than 1 box.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
i dont care about its...short..comings...w/e that means o.0

i just wanted to know why ppl wanted them so bad since most gunners are all about Phantom + Phantomline combo for 'LOLBIGNUMBERS'

my tru question was in tha poll; why do fortegunners want tha blackbull.

i could to tha same for tha Kazarod.

and again; not ALL 9*s will be equal in 4-5 grinds to tha 10*. Hala just happenes to pwn howrods unless its +9-10.

random thought: what if we forces had a rod/wand combo w/ an Armor....imagine tha brokenness..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

im not saying ur wrong Golto; i just asked a simple question >.>

HFlowen
Aug 3, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-08-03 20:41, Rashiid wrote:

random thought: what if we forces had a rod/wand combo w/ an Armor....imagine tha brokenness..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Bajiline + Bajura (12star wand)

Phetty
Aug 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-08-03 20:41, Rashiid wrote[/b]:

i just wanted to know why ppl wanted them so bad since most gunners are all about Phantom + Phantomline combo for 'LOLBIGNUMBERS'

and again; not ALL 9*s will be equal in 4-5 grinds to tha 10*. Hala just happenes to pwn howrods unless its +9-10.

There is one out right now even if its a 3* set. Then theres Oka-senba/Okarod and baji-senba/Bajura. Only set I can think of that Gunners get with their S Ranks is Gur Asted/Rabol Asted.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 11:16 PM
i had no idea lol

and thats like 11* n 12*s; i mean like a common common one; like a How-Senba and Howrod or a Lid-Senba and Lidra or sumthin.

i highly doubt id do an armor combo w/ such high rankings; % are too important as of now in armor >.<

Phetty
Aug 3, 2007, 11:33 PM
Well theres the Ridol-senba that says it works well with certain one-handed wands, but I cant think of what Wand itll be used with.

Aralia
Aug 4, 2007, 02:16 AM
Blackbull has more range than a Phantom...

That's more than enough of a reason to want it.

[edit] Reiha-senba + Rayharod.
My little addition to the current comments in the thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-08-04 00:18 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 4, 2007, 02:23 AM
Actually, the Blackbull isn't even as strong as a Phantom+1.

My Riflic+10 has 602 ATP, while it hits for about 590 average on a Lv105 monster.
My Phantom+3 (With Phantom Line) hits for 620 per shot on the same Lv105 monster. (Koltova-high defense)

Primus30
Aug 4, 2007, 03:02 AM
I have one for my extra mode character. It's really fun to use and shoots fast. So yes, It's pretty awesome.

Shiryuu
Aug 4, 2007, 03:06 AM
On 2007-08-03 21:33, Phetty wrote:
Well theres the Ridol-senba that says it works well with certain one-handed wands, but I cant think of what Wand itll be used with.

Lidra?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-08-04 01:07 ]</font>

Golto
Aug 4, 2007, 08:07 AM
Wow Rashiid you really have some reading comprehension problems don't you? Halarod owning Howrods +5?

Halarod pp 1368 tp 673
Howrod +5 pp 1437 tp 656

17 tp difference would equal in the best possible circumstances is 9 more damage. That is easily within in the damage variarance of the high % techs.

Jet1337
Aug 4, 2007, 08:14 AM
I gotta say something here. This topic makes me sick. Why? I know q-bot. He is a stuck-up asshole. And I get the impression like he's being treated as a god just because he has a blackbull.

Why is q-bot an asshole? Well, before he got the blackbull (which he traded 20 mil, a Sori/Mind, and a Poison Resist) he was actually a cool player. We'd do Seed Awakened S a lot and we had a good time. Ever since he got it, he would never let me in his parties, even if he had free slots. He always shows that damn thing off every chance he gets. He had the nerve to tell me to add him to my friends list, even though he didn't want to play with me.

Let this topic die, please.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 4, 2007, 08:31 AM
This topic's not about Q-Bot, nor do we care about him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RegulusHikari
Aug 4, 2007, 08:46 AM
On 2007-08-04 06:14, Jet1337 wrote:
I gotta say something here. This topic makes me sick. Why? I know q-bot. He is a stuck-up asshole. And I get the impression like he's being treated as a god just because he has a blackbull.

Why is q-bot an asshole? Well, before he got the blackbull (which he traded 20 mil, a Sori/Mind, and a Poison Resist) he was actually a cool player. We'd do Seed Awakened S a lot and we had a good time. Ever since he got it, he would never let me in his parties, even if he had free slots. He always shows that damn thing off every chance he gets. He had the nerve to tell me to add him to my friends list, even though he didn't want to play with me.

Pretty sure this topic was about the 10* Rifle Blackbull and how it compares to other Rifles/combos, not your petty grudges you hold with somebody over the internet.

Nobo
Aug 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-08-04 06:46, RegulusHikari wrote:

On 2007-08-04 06:14, Jet1337 wrote:

Pretty sure this topic was about the 10* Rifle Blackbull and how it compares to other Rifles/combos, not your petty grudges you hold with somebody over the internet.

HEL YEH!

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-08-03 21:10, Phetty wrote:

On 2007-08-03 20:41, Rashiid wrote[/b]:

There is one out right now even if its a 3* set. Then theres Oka-senba/Okarod and baji-senba/Bajura. Only set I can think of that Gunners get with their S Ranks is Gur Asted/Rabol Asted.

Storm and Stormline, even if handguns do kind of suck :<

Also to the "Ridol-senba", it's probably Lidra.

Rashiid
Aug 4, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-08-04 06:07, Golto wrote:
Wow Rashiid you really have some reading comprehension problems don't you? Halarod owning Howrods +5?

Halarod pp 1368 tp 673
Howrod +5 pp 1437 tp 656

17 tp difference would equal in the best possible circumstances is 9 more damage. That is easily within in the damage variarance of the high % techs.

remember that our technics are % modifyers (high % modifyers); so that little bit does make a difference.

i used my friends Howrod (6) and my radiga did 1105s usually to poltys.

use my Halarod; i was doing 1254s usually.

offtopiclikeothers:

and Q-Bot is far from an asshole; i dont know what your talking about.

ive only parties w/ him once; and thats just to see tha Blackbull in action; and now he waves at me everytime im in lobbies and we conversate about; random stuff lol.

for someone that quit; your here alot Mr Jett.

Mystil
Aug 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-08-03 10:48, MrNomad wrote:

On 2007-08-03 10:10, Golto wrote:

Im on PC o o You know, we below lvl 75 cant go out, find crap for profit and then sell it like you can.

As a lv85 I can't either.

Golto
Aug 4, 2007, 08:21 PM
That's some interesting damage, I'll have ot get a friend that has a Halarod to test that for myself.

Mystil: Since when was Lab Recovery S2 lvl 75? I've read many a 360 player stating they can earn 100k aan hour doing Lab S2.

Rashiid
Aug 5, 2007, 12:15 AM
yes Labs is a fast way. fast.

Golto
Aug 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
Ok I'm sorry Rashiid you are correct about the Halarod. There is some kind of hidden bonus to tp and/or damage when using the Halarod. Maybe because it is a race-exclusive weapon? The damage of a Halarod was close to a Howrod +10. Judging by the stats this shouldn't occur but it does. I'm curious to see if a Halarod outdamages a Kazarod now.

I tested my srank guns against 9* guns to see if they had a hidden bonus to their damage as well but they didn't.

Maybe the 3 race-exclusive main Forte- weapons have hidden bonuses?

Rashiid
Aug 5, 2007, 12:00 PM
yeah must be cause Halarods are mad strong.

just like tha blackbull; it has sum hiddin power cause a Phantom (9) that my friend has only does about 10 more then Q-bots Blackbull (same bullet; Lv 30); this was w/o a phantomline of coarse.

S ranks hav sumthin to them.

Golto
Aug 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
Actually Rashiid 10+ more damage is what I would expect a Phantom +9 to do compared to a Blackbull using the same bullets. 626-586 = 40 atp. 40/5 = ~ 8 more damage.

Rashiid
Aug 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
well what i want to address to ppl is (lol) dont always use tha 'my grinded 9* pwns it so it suxx!!'

Ceresa
Aug 5, 2007, 01:20 PM
There is some kind of hidden bonus to tp and/or damage when using the Halarod. Maybe because it is a race-exclusive weapon? The damage of a Halarod was close to a Howrod +10. Judging by the stats this shouldn't occur but it does. I'm curious to see if a Halarod outdamages a Kazarod now.

Lv90 Newman base TP = 1382
w/Howrod + 5 = 2038
w/Halarod = 2055
w/Howrod +10 = 2085

What exactly were you expecting from a 30 tp difference? Of course it's close...it's not even a 2% difference in your tp if you are a newman, which you are if you're comparing Halarod.

Been a while since I was 90 but...in Relics S2, Hourod +5 damubarta did 890 or so, halarod 915ish.

Even with my Psychowand, a near 300tp increase over Halarod, I only see about a 100 dmg increase on gi/damu, and 300-350 on Diga/Foie.

The only reason to get s-ranks now is so you can grind them safely in AoI so that they can actually be an upgrade.

Rashiid
Aug 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
exactally;

howrod (10). ok; it CANT get any better.

Halarod (10). purrty much same stats; 10 more times it can pwn it.

Jet1337
Aug 5, 2007, 05:56 PM
Fuck you, Rashiid. You don't know q-bot like I do. And what does quitting the game have anything to do with posting on a forum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jet1337 on 2007-08-05 15:57 ]</font>