PDA

View Full Version : So I killed my 2112th red robot in solo Grove S2 tonight...

imfanboy
Aug 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
I've been looking for the 10* bow, which didn't drop (of course). So I hop into the boss warp and fight Adahna Degahna, killing him after a pretty hard battle (he took 2 scapes from me), and I bust open his boxes...

And sitting there, like a little flower, its open square top spinning around, is a rare synth board.

I rush over, heart in my throat.

Is it a [B] Degahna Cannon? Well, I've already got one, but two would be welcome, and I've got the mats for it.

Is it a [B] Needle Cannon? I don't need one, but I would gladly trade it.

Or (dare I hope) is it a [B]Rikauteri? I want one I want one I want one!

So I step over it...

[B] Scape Doll.

58 and a half runs, over TWO THOUSAND red robots killed, 58 Degahna fights, at an average of 35 minutes per run meaning I've spent over 33 hours JUST running Grove S2 in the last week, not counting the time spent looking for the map with the most red robots on it...

You know, sometimes you just have to laugh because it'd be pathetic to cry.

Hah. Hah. Hah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fredrick
Aug 3, 2007, 09:39 AM
This is one of the main things I don't enjoy about PSU. There is very little satisfaction that comes with it, which is why I think everyone says "I just can't play PSU for long periods of time like in PSO".

I don't care if PSU is a growing "incomplete" game. The point is.... as of right now, there's very little reward for logging in a lot of hours. Looking as the equipment of a lv 80+ doesn't look a whole lot different than a lv 40. I remember people here gloating about how the JP PSU was completely flooded during the first few days. It sure isn't like that anymore, now that they know what the game is really like. I never played PSO DC, but apparently it was common for all the ships and blocks to be full. Sure don't see that with PSU

Kuya
Aug 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
Awesome - Doll board ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif How are you taking down Degahna btw? Being a Neman fG at 71 isn't fun against his one hit kills http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedCoKid
Aug 3, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-08-03 07:23, imfanboy wrote:
58 and a half runs, over TWO THOUSAND red robots killed, 58 Degahna fights, at an average of 35 minutes per run meaning I've spent over 33 hours JUST running Grove S2 in the last week, not counting the time spent looking for the map with the most red robots on it...

Hah. Hah. Hah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have >1500hrs logged on my one character with no equippable S-ranks: 1 [B] bajiline needing 19 ortapolymer, 1 failed [B] uransara synth. What I've learned is that it doesn't matter if you search all the time because ultimately the game decides whether you get it after 10 or 500 runs. The best way is to have a group of friends who are willing to run your mission and pass it to you when it does drop, regardless of whether you're there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-08-03 08:04 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-08-03 07:39, Fredrick wrote:

Looking as the equipment of a lv 80+ doesn't look a whole lot different than a lv 40.

Wow, he speaks the truth...I didn't realize until I played for a while that my grinded 7* weapons could quite easily take me all the way to 90. (Especially for a gunner) There's just not that much of a signifigant difference between 7-9* weapons. Hell, a nicely grounded 6* weapon would be sufficient, too. But I like the look of the A-ranks, so...

imfanboy
Aug 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
I have 3 dark % spears and I get behind him - also I have a decent light % armor, and at level 88 he doesn't deal more than 700 to me except on a crit. Get a storebought Te-Senba, unless you have a Solid/Power S, and you should be good.

But, funnily enough, I was actually writing an essay on this for my English 1-A class.

The grind is one solution, but hardly an adequate one. It alienates casual players and even angers some dedicated players when the items they spend a hundred or more hours looking for end up going to another member of the party. Many developers seem to prefer it because it removes the burden of designing adequately entertaining end-game solutions for high-level players. Grinding can be for experience to raise your character's power or for new equipment or for the game currency to maintain your current equipment, but more often these days a player grinds to find crafting items. The player can make weapons and armor by crafting it, but you need X amount of a material occasionally dropped by some monster, so you have to go kill the monster over and over and hope it drops whatever you need. This can be infuriating, especially because most of the time there's a chance that crafting a weapon has a chance to fail; meaning all your hard effort in grinding for the material was entirely wasted.

Kuya
Aug 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
Gah - I should have know Dus Dagga was the culprit XD I guess does make sense though - it would take, oh forever, to plink away at him.

Finae
Aug 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
Heh, if you don't enjoy it, you shouldn't be playing it at all then. Why play a game you don't like playing in the first place? If it seems like a job, you should go ahead and move on to something else.

Lol PSO? DC version died quick due to codebreaker and gameshark cheats. People wanted those rare weapons since the drop rate was absurd. Just like in PSU, the first few months, its jammed packed, but after awhile it dies down. Same thing happened with the versions after the DC version. PSO for America was never that popular. All the ships and blocks filled up for PSO? Haha that made me laugh.

Ok, lets say the drop rates were changed....and I'm talking about something around a 300% drop increase rate. Yup, getting all those rares would be easy and after obtaining everything in the game, what is there to do? You gonna run those missions over and over even though you have everything? Nope, you will tell Sega there is no reason to play the game as you have everything and move on.

Oh, did I exaggerate a lot eh? Well, thats how some of you guys want it to be. Like PSO, PSU is nothing without this horrid drop rate on these items. Granted, they can make a small bump to the drop rate, but anything higher and you'll have a lot complaining and quitting most likely. The other problem is the amount of weapons. In PSO, you had a lot more thus the less common rares (i.e Red Saber, Red Sword, etc) would drop after a couple runs. In PSU, the amount is limited so I can see why Sega set a horrid drop rate heh.

The only thing I would change is the synth success rate. Its not worth it finding x S rank when you're probably going to fail it anyways. When I found a deva zashi, it had 85% chance of making yet it still failed (haha, my rl luck blows anyways). I don't know about you, but I'd be pissed off for the rest of the day. If you're going to make the drop rate horrid, atleast make the synth success % high. No one likes seeing that monomate coming out of your PM's freezer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Anyways, I've done tons of runs for things and sometimes go insane. But I know when I find what I'm looking for, I go nuts irl and say all those runs were worth it. Don't give up, it'll drop, all it really comes down to is luck. I wouldn't spend all day hunting for it either as that'll make you go even more insane. But once again, imo, the only worthy s rank is psycho wand stat wise when compared to the A rank grinded or 44-50% weapons. So all I do is unit hunt. When the expansion comes out, more weapons will be available anyways.

Oh and PSU is not the only game with horrid drop rates, people complain about drop rates for rare items in many mmos. So Sega is not the only one who does this.

Shardio
Aug 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yuck, item hunting! D=
If you want fair item hunting, try hunting on multiple missions. >.>
Doing 1 stage/mission/instance/whatever applies in any game over and over and over is DESTINED to get boring. It's just your persistence to hunt that one item that's making the suckiness, not the game.

Aka
Aug 3, 2007, 12:33 PM
I've soloed this mission probably as much as you have and still haven't gotten anything good yet either. One thing I've learned is if you ever see a board drop from the middle box of the first row of 5, it will be a scape board. The only 'rares' I've gotten so far are a [B] Cati-senba, [B] Mira-kikami and that Cannon part thing.

Kion
Aug 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
I met someone last night who did 120 runs until they found something. Hunting rares in PSU is not that worth it at all. 10* and 11* aren't much more powerful than grinded 9*'s (melee depending on %, with guns/wands forget it). I'm waiting until AoI to start actively hunting rares.

Urtri
Aug 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
I to think that the Drop Rates for Boss Box's are to low to make this game much fun for High level players. Ok Grinding weapons can take some of the furstration out of it and there are a few Combos that can out perform S ranks (i.e Gugush and Nafli Combos) but they are no Sub for S ranks in Looks.

All i can say (since its unlikely sega will change the drop rates for PSU as it is now) is that rares will (Hopefully) be far more plentiful in AOI due the larger number of Rare weapons which should mean a change in Drop Charts (i.e Ollaka may drop A and S rank Yohmia Rifles (N.B. If S rank Yohmia Rifles are in AOI) as they drop C and B grade Yohmia Rifles)

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 12:54 PM
do what i did.

get a halarod.

get 2mil.

find sumone w/ a bow.

offer them that.

bam.

Hirokteri.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kuya
Aug 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
I tried to trade my hikoteri - but it glitched and kept saying that it was a monomate *cry*

Deja
Aug 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, it's funny that the only effective Sranks are boss drops, the 11* ones that excel both in ATA and looks, and may even have more ATP and PP than a grinded 9*.

10*'s are nice, but they don't offer much more than looks and ATA. In fact, I believe the only weapon that is useful is the 10* bow (or kubara version) for the massive boost in ATA for a fortetecher, or the 10* axe for a pretty good boost in ATA for beast fortefighters.

I hope that 11* rares will be monster drops in future missions, because doing 100 hours (and for some, upwards of 300 hours) worth of runs for a board that has 65% chance of synthing is pure bologna. I mean, why did they change from the PSO standpoint? 10*s in that game were effective, easy to find, had new effects, and offered cool abilities (Holy Ray with increased range, some wands with spells that were free, Demonic fork which let Megid pierce, etc.). In fact, Red Sword jumps out at me as a godly 10* weapon; if it had the right %'s, you could be using that weapon until your PSO career was over. While in PSU, it has 10*'s that offer just minimal upgrades in stats, new looks, and that's it.

Anyways, I go on rants like these from time to time, and this seemed like a perfect topic to do it in. Good luck, Steyr.

Oh, and another thing, the problem with this game is that it's rare drop frequency was tailored for a somewhat big population of gamers. In the Japanesse version, there are tons of people, so weapons aren't as rare because there are 10x as many people hunting. In the US version, we have like 1000 people on in peak hours (more like 600 now it seems), so we'll never, ever see as many sranks as say, xbox version or JP version. And since this forum is full of PC version people from the US, there will be some grumblings (hell, I've done it)

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
10* knuckles and claw deal status effects, right?

Deja
Aug 3, 2007, 01:48 PM
Like, 10 weapons from PSO dealt status effects, so I just left that point out. I'm talking unique things, like free spells, new abilities, odd bonuses, etc.

PJ
Aug 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
Its not worth it finding x S rank when you're probably going to fail it anyways.
75-85% = probably going to fail? Last time I checked, that'd equate to probably going to succeed.

Only thing you should worry about failing is grade 4 math.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-08-03 11:50 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Aug 3, 2007, 01:50 PM
If S rank board dropped the pure weapon and kept the current drop rate, I'd love that. Aside from boss box drops--those need to be adjusted for everything that drops from them.

Drop rates need to be adjusted. NOW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-08-04 10:07 ]</font>

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 02:34 PM
if it makes u feel any better the cast named Vickie on the 360 side foudn the first meteor canon, found the desta in 4 days, and already found her SECOND 11* bow board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i believe she also has 2-3 deganna canons(or however its spelled)

eightball
Aug 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
thats just absurd...how are you that lucky..does sega pick a chosen few?

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-08-03 12:38, eightball wrote:
thats just absurd...how are you that lucky..does sega pick a chosen few?

theres another person who was named yoda, last time i checked (about over a month ago) he had like 3 halarods and 2 uransaras.

he also when to do rainbow beasts and got a shi-kikami at the end! he then went to mad beasts after that and got a meteor canon right after he joined in.

2 10*'s in about an hour within each other sounds pretty sweet

majorgamer55
Aug 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
lol pwnt

drizzle
Aug 3, 2007, 02:46 PM
Drop rates for S ranks are fine O_o

What we need is a greater variety of A ranks to hunt for.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-08-03 12:46, drizzle wrote:
Drop rates for S ranks are fine O_o

What we need is a greater variety of A ranks to hunt for.

unless your like me and dont want anymroe A ranks and have been looking for S ranks for months now! >:(

Sio
Aug 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
Id love to see more B-A rank rares. I think thats a excellent point, pso had many rares ranging from all levels(wasn't exactly level based) but its true it had just as many neat little rares as their were big ones. PSU has like what 6? lol (deljagnus and such)

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-08-03 13:00, Sio wrote:
Id love to see more B-A rank rares. I think thats a excellent point, pso had many rares ranging from all levels(wasn't exactly level based) but its true it had just as many neat little rares as their were big ones. PSU has like what 6? lol (deljagnus and such)

in AOI the koltova canon is B rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Aug 3, 2007, 03:08 PM
Heh. I played with someone this morning... Halarod, two Uransara's, Shi-Kikami, and the 10* bow.

Lol.

Sio
Aug 3, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-08-03 13:04, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-08-03 13:00, Sio wrote:

in AOI the koltova canon is B rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sweet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

panzer_unit
Aug 3, 2007, 03:11 PM
Does anyone complaining about drop rates bother hunting what A-rank rares there are?

There are a LOT of good A-rank set armors that nobody tries getting (rabol neda, rabol rad, rabol dadan, rabol gant... there are fewer of these floating around than most S-rank weapons) ... there are vahra claws & adenha cannon which are both way better, statistically, than the available S-ranks if you ask me. I'm always hunting that stuff down when playing solo, rather than blowing money out my butt on trimate and charges while struggling through S2 missions.

Doesn't mean I've found any of it yet, of course....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-08-03 13:12 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 03:19 PM
The boss drop rates need to be changed -.-

The mob drop rates seem fine

Hatemachine
Aug 3, 2007, 03:21 PM
Ok my take on this is this.

I understand the frustration of item hunting like this repeatedly getting shafted by what feels like a broken system and as far as im concerned it kinda blows.

BUT as was said something must be kept in place to keep people playing this game is almopst a year old 2 more months and it hits that mark.

In that 10 month time we've received more content GRANTED it was all there to begin with like locking moatoob for the first 2 months was just LAME but over time we got a bundle of new levels, harder difficulties, new attack types, level tweaks, access to S ranks AND A ranks, and in what still seems like ST may be getting desperate a friggin expansion.

Now in 10 months time thats alotta goodies to dump right?

So hey make alts or hunt for random S ranks then trade the board make tons of cash and try to buy it im on the 360 servers and right now im doin fine with 7-9*s in time like PSO these super rares now will seem paltry and issufficent but will LOOK cool but with more time they will be available as people find them.

I hear people quit because they failed the synth for S ranks TOUGH and why the hell do it now unless you have the money and resources too lose wait till the expansion where the synth rates increase AND you can grind it without killing it.

We will one day look back on these dark times and wonder WOW that 10* crea double looks like crap compared to THIS (whips out a 15 star double saber the size of a small mobile home) the content will come and there will be more weaponry items will be easier to find over time so just take it easy.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-08-03 13:21, Hatemachine wrote:
I hear people quit because they failed the synth for S ranks

Those people are retarded. I failed my Crea Doubles...and im still playing :| Yeah sure failing a S rank sucks...But damn. Its really not that god damn serious.

pikachief
Aug 3, 2007, 03:34 PM
oh and vickie's friend renvoltr magashi has a black bull and a desta and im pretty sure a meteor canon.

oh and he also has the gur asted(11*)

chibiLegolas
Aug 3, 2007, 03:39 PM
Yikes! Sorry to hear that imfanboy.
I just don't get why they don't let us have more common rares in the C-A weapons types.
That way, we've got something to please our pallette while grinding for S ranks, and get more "joke" weapons like in PSO days.

KidoKresh
Aug 3, 2007, 03:40 PM
Hmm? Never know maybe the 59th could have been "The One"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KidoKresh on 2007-08-03 13:40 ]</font>

PMB960
Aug 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
I don't really have a problem with the drop rates in this game. I don't get why people want 10* rares in PSU to drop like 10* rares in PSO. 10* PSU rare =/= 10* PSO rare. In PSU your 8/9* weapons are about equivalent to your 10* PSO rares. Won't it be boring to just have everything handed to you in this game? I mean yeah sure it would be cool to get all those 10*+ weapons but then what? Why will you play anymore? The fact that these rares are hard to find and require alot of hours to even get 1 is the reason people are still playing this game. If it weren't for that we would be lucky if there were still 6 people playing this game >.>

Hacking screwed up too much stuff in this game >.> Those 10/11* weapons are godly if you have no meseta. I can't synth a billion weapons to get 50% of every weapon of every element and I can't afford to grind weapons so unless I get really lucky on a 9* synth and get a high %(hasn't happened yet) the 10/11* weapons ARE much better.

HaydenX
Aug 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
What they should do is up Boss box drops.

Then they add additional kinds of drops to enemies.

Why can't a lvl 50 Go Vahra drop a Twin Buster?

They should keep the rare drops as rare and up the overall drop rate (sure it would kick the s*** out of charts). Still make the rare drop equal the level of the monsters though. Ex. a sendillan lvl 1 could only drop a handgun, a lvl 10 sendillan could drop a powergun as it's rare, or commonly drop a handgun instead of meseta. Then, to accomodate this change, offer the ability to buy a new nanotransformer (think that's what it's called) to expand the inventory to 80-100 items

Mystil
Aug 3, 2007, 07:07 PM
2112 is even 1/6th of what you need to kill to get a Madams Parasol in PSO. It seems to me that ST has applied the drop rates of PSO to PSU which is kinda mean. Soloing in PSO is significantly easier than it is in PSU and significantly shorter.

And Scapes need to be 6* or something.

Serephim
Aug 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-08-03 07:23, imfanboy wrote:
I've been looking for the 10* bow, which didn't drop (of course). So I hop into the boss warp and fight Adahna Degahna, killing him after a pretty hard battle (he took 2 scapes from me), and I bust open his boxes...

And sitting there, like a little flower, its open square top spinning around, is a rare synth board.

I rush over, heart in my throat.

Is it a [B] Degahna Cannon? Well, I've already got one, but two would be welcome, and I've got the mats for it.

Is it a [B] Needle Cannon? I don't need one, but I would gladly trade it.

Or (dare I hope) is it a [B]Rikauteri? I want one I want one I want one!

So I step over it...

[B] Scape Doll.

When will you people listen to me?

DOING RUNS FOR WEAPONS IN BULK IS RETARDED.

Why will you waste your time searching for an item you dont have a guarnteed chance of not breaking?

Just play the game already. Unless your capped im sure you can find something to do. Go get some friends to play with >>

purdylink
Aug 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
Redoing missions over and over again at the chance of finding weapons....in my book...is insanity.

Insanity-Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting something different to happen every time:D

A very crazy science teacher told me that once.....best definition of the word I've ever heard.

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 3, 2007, 08:15 PM
Lol nice, You have to love those Scape doll bored, Always making your heart rush.

ZodiacNKnight
Aug 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
It's the return of the dreaded PHOTON DROP!!!

Pulpy
Aug 3, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-08-03 13:19, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
The boss drop rates need to be changed -.-

The mob drop rates seem fine

Couldn't agree more. I've done 80+ eastern peril S2's and 50+ demon's above S hunting for a har /quick with no luck.

I did get [B] Two-Headed Ragnus [B] Psycho Wand and [B] Svaltus Sword in 3 days.

imfanboy
Aug 3, 2007, 10:15 PM
And I've gotten a sori/force, 2 solid/power S, and a me/quick with no problems - but 10* boards elude me. :

Up to 66 runs now... that means 2412 robots....

I get stubborn. And it's not like I'm just doing the runs; I'm actually blazing my way through Mystery Science Theater 3000 while I play the game as well. Not like Killer Shot requires a whole lot of screen attention, and MST3k is a little slow most of the time... you don't really NEED to watch it...

It's actually my personal luck, here. Back on PSO, I had a yellowboze character at level 175, I would do Ruins runs all the time, I must have killed close to 8,000 of the middle-level of enemy hoping to get a Spread Needle... no luck. A 1/914 drop that I never saw ever. On the other hand, I got about 4 Sorcerer's Canes, a drop I DIDN'T care about.

But yeah. I'm giving up when I get to level 90. At this rate, it'll only take me about 10-15 more runs. I stop for the night after I gain a level... 2 more runs and I'll be at 89. *sigh*

PMB960
Aug 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-08-03 20:15, imfanboy wrote:

It's actually my personal luck, here. Back on PSO, I had a yellowboze character at level 175, I would do Ruins runs all the time, I must have killed close to 8,000 of the middle-level of enemy hoping to get a Spread Needle... no luck. A 1/914 drop that I never saw ever. On the other hand, I got about 4 Sorcerer's Canes, a drop I DIDN'T care about.

Thats the reason why you haven't found one, simply because you want it really really badly. Better to not really think about how much you want a specific weapon since it tends to drop less then. Although I still haven't seen an S rank board drop besides the [B] Bear Claw( which I saw 10 of) even though I am not actually hunting for anything.

Aka
Aug 4, 2007, 03:52 AM
Just got my 4th [B] Cresaud off a Red Robot AGAIN...so annoying!!!

imfanboy
Aug 4, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'm up to 4 Hanmaterics from the blue robots... I swear, they're just taunting me.

Feelmirath
Aug 4, 2007, 04:28 AM
Just hunt the Needle Cannon instead, then you won't expect the Hirokteri to drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 4, 2007, 05:12 AM
I already give up on rares. Everytime I did see a rare drop, it always went to the wrong person. Solid / Power S, Svaltus Sword [b], and Huge Cutter [b], I've seen these drop, only for them to go to the wrong person. I just don't really care much anymore. >.>

Hatemachine
Aug 4, 2007, 05:35 AM
There there folks one day there will be so many good looking S rank weaponry that your head will detonate trying to remember where their all at, what drops the what materials they take, weaponry stats, and any special attacks they may have,

But hey that impatiance is a real bitch sometimes I know.....stupid crea doubles.

But yeah PSO is any kinda indication on the number of weapons to be introduced in the future then just relax make 4 maxed characters play a few other games then go apeshit when the time is right.

imfanboy
Aug 4, 2007, 05:56 AM
On 2007-08-04 03:35, Hatemachine wrote:
There there folks one day there will be so many good looking S rank weaponry that your head will detonate trying to remember where their all at, what drops the what materials they take, weaponry stats, and any special attacks they may have,

But hey that impatiance is a real bitch sometimes I know.....stupid crea doubles.

But yeah PSO is any kinda indication on the number of weapons to be introduced in the future then just relax make 4 maxed characters play a few other games then go apeshit when the time is right.

Your marklars are wise, young marklar, and marklar may go marklar until the marklar update the marklar.

...Meh. Sorry for the South Park quote, but it amused me to do so.

Urtri
Aug 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
As someone said earlier in the thread. The drop rates may be based on a Model of a Average number of players which the PC/PS2 servers do not hit (they peak at about 600-700 players a time with an average of maybe 50 to 150 people on average per hour).

This also explains why there appear to be a larger number of S ranks on the Xbox 360 servers as they share servers with Japanese Players meaning that they have higher AVERAGE population count (not sure about the figures since iam on the PC/PS2 servers).

Also it does not help when people are UNWILLING to move to other
Areas to help people obtain S ranks anyway. Agian i do not know the statues the the Xbox or Jap servers but on the PS2/PC servers most (id say about 90%) of players are either in 1 of 4 places - Deamons Above, Her Secert Mission, Plains Overlord and Unsafe Passage - this in turn limits the S ranks that do turn up.

However I most also remind people that many Japanese rares appeared during the Fmitsu Cup and the 500% increase in drop rates

Urtri
Aug 4, 2007, 01:37 PM
Also on the subject of Rare Item Distrabution Sega really Need to sort it out (random that is ) as it is VERY Annoying to see a rare appear that you want and agreeded with the others in your party that you can have if it appears for someone to join, get it,and not give it to you even though they have no IMMEDIATE use for it (like a forte figther getting Hapotite and you a fortegunner being the only one in the party that can use S ranks that need it).

Come on Sega lets have a system that gives Rares dependent of Need for example
S rank rods only go to Forte Techers
S rank Rifles only go to fortegunners
S rank Daggers only to Fifgunners and Wartechers
etc

And in new missions Sega could mix up the rewards and Drops so that any Class has a reason to Run it. i.e in Deamons Above what real incentive is there for Fortegunners and Guntechers to run it. on the same note Desert Goliath only provides real incentive to Fortegunners and Guntechers.

ZodiacNKnight
Aug 4, 2007, 02:06 PM
They should retexture the drops to color match their rarity/rank value but most likely won't happen.

Normal color: C-B
Red: A
Gold: S
White (Glowing): S2+

FlameBlade
Aug 4, 2007, 08:34 PM
Im a little late in this conversation...but who would quit from higher drop rates??? So you have all the weapons you want? Who cares...its a video game...do people quit first person shooters when they get to the highest rank, no, but then again, people on those games care about other people in the community.

Just because random guy number 114 has your same S rank weapon and the people in the party arent like "OMFG YOU HAVE AN S RANK, UR A GOD AT THIS GAME" doesnt mean you have to quit.

If it does...my question is...why are you playing this then? Go make your own game where only certain special people get the cool things, see, thats the same in life, but its not like by serving a random customer for the 8000th time a random house, car, and children drop out of the sky so uh, maybe its a little different ^_^....

Zael
Aug 4, 2007, 11:39 PM
I've killed over 2000 Olgohmons for Uransara with nothing good yet :/

And I've never found any good rares on PSU either, and I'm about to cap at 90.

desturel
Aug 5, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-08-04 11:37, Urtri wrote:
like a forte figther getting Hapotite and you a fortegunner being the only one in the party that can use S ranks that need it.

Just a nitpick, but only Fortetechers can use S-rank bows and the bows use Hapotite. Also as far as I've noticed, the synth metals. I have enough Hapotite, Ydral, Catilium, Petanite, and Cladorian for any S-rank that may or may not drop and still have plenty left over to give friends should they ever need some.

Also you never know if that fortefighter might have a techer/gunner alt character. I know that I hunt most of my techer weapon with my gunner character since Killer Shot in GoF and ice rifle+burn traps in Demons Above is quicker than bow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-08-05 13:20 ]</font>

EJ
Aug 5, 2007, 09:10 PM
I know how you feel been doing Demon S for Har/quick and found over 10 tengoh bow boards and fought Omnagohg nearly 100 times this past week looking for Har/quick -.-

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
Any Hanmaterics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30xiK4rIe0Y

Skids
Aug 5, 2007, 10:24 PM
I know your pain imfanboy. The game while I can understand the drop rates to keep players playing. It can still just naw at your soul. It took me over 900 runs Looking for the grinna bete s monster. Found them 3 times with the third group actually dropping that room dec(note this is before the easy mission came out to find it) Just don't give up hope.

RandomTask
Aug 7, 2007, 03:58 PM
I've done GoF S2 at least 75 times. This is what I've got from it.

Adahna Cannon Synth part
9* dagger board
3 scape doll boards

and from one of those red robots
Hirokteric

You can check my pm anytime as it's been sitting in it since it failed...

I'm trying to think of whats worse, not finding what you want or finding it and then failing it.

usmcbama
Aug 7, 2007, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to think of whats worse, not finding what you want or finding it and then failing it.

There's an old saying:

"It's better to have synthed and failed than never to have synthed at all."

Or something like that.

Pulpy
Aug 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-08-07 13:58, RandomTask wrote:

If my psycho wand fails I'll be sure to go with the finding it and it failing is worse. Since I've spent about 5 million on diads.

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-08-07 14:16, usmcbama wrote:
There's an old saying:

"It's better to have synthed and failed than never to have synthed at all."

Or something like that.

I can tell you from experience, this is an untruth.

imfanboy
Aug 7, 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, I'm waiting on whether or not we get the Famitsu Cup, with the improved synth rate after, before I synth anything else...

And now I'm up to 2832 red robots and 78 runs.... will I find it before I hit 3000 runs? <_<

I'm taking a day off from the runs to get my RPG site in order.

Oh, and so far I'm up to 5 Hanmaterics, 1 [b] Mira-Kikami, 1 [b] Cati-Senba, and... that's it, other than mats.

Then again, I'm almost done with my second stack of Vulcaline, and I've got a full stack of kerseline and vestaline saved up... not to mention the photons... and plenty of gemstones, even a Diad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-08-07 14:55 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 7, 2007, 05:37 PM
that scape doll story is just like mine...except before I appoached teh board I said "...wait a minute...my luck isn't this good...it's probably a scape" and sure enough...

I was actually laughing...picked up the board and started griping as a friend who was helping me hunt about how he didn't screenie the rare board we just got. if it makes you feel better...though it might make you feel worse >_>...it took me over 130 runs to get my Hirokuteri board. it's the first thing I've ever hunted and actually found. my first S rank synth, my first success...yadda yadda...and I'm still at grove hunting that rikauteri. and after I get THAT I need to turn around and start doing grove on S for the armor boards...long road ahead.

but you've found a lot more than I have, might wanna try your luck hunting units and then trading for the weapons you want.

as far as people quitting over failed synths. I can totally sympathize. investing so many hours...days weeks...and so on into one thing and then to have it ripped away in 24 hours is pretty upsetting I mean we pay money to play this game and it almost seems sometimes like STs just waving that cash in our faces saying "gotcha'.

It's such an uphill grind, I really can't hold it against someone for just saying they've had enough.

and as a final note...to the person who said they got a hanmateric from a red robot:

anyone who's run that mission as much as I have will tell you it's the blue robots that drop those. red robots from hirokuteri boards and like every other monster there also can drop a cresaud board.

Xaeris
Aug 7, 2007, 05:44 PM
Those Cresaud boards can just go rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Why are those even *in* S2? It's like they want to be the new Varista.

MrNomad
Aug 7, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-08-07 14:48, imfanboy wrote:

Then again, I'm almost done with my second stack of Vulcaline, and I've got a full stack of kerseline and vestaline saved up... not to mention the photons... and plenty of gemstones, even a Diad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-08-07 14:55 ]</font>
Haha, are you on PC? If so, thinking about selling that vulcaline for, i duno, alittle less than npc prices??? :3

Niloklives
Aug 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-08-07 15:44, Xaeris wrote:
Those Cresaud boards can just go rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Why are those even *in* S2? It's like they want to be the new Varista.

I tell you what...are you on PS2/PC? give those boards here. I'll make use of them

Mystil
Aug 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-08-07 15:44, Xaeris wrote:

I always said that *7 items need to be deleted from the game.

Xaeris
Aug 7, 2007, 05:50 PM
Er, aren't you a cast? Well, I would, but I don't even bother picking them off the floor. They take up bag space. Sorry.

haruna
Aug 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
*Note in a bottle washes up in Ohtoku City*
*Open bottle*
*Read note*

Dear Some Stranger,

I've been stranded for over a month in missions suppressing Onmagoghs. Eastern Peril A(at 5 min a run nonetheless) to Demons Above S2(not on some kind of S-rank trail was getting to be a drab...) Many a hope was sarcastically met with Onmagogh Auges. When those started to become exciting, the drop degraded into Omega Acids.

Send food. Send water. Send rangers with rifles to shoot that ****er's blasted wings off. Why oh why must a simple head slot unit make the difference between teching being a blast or a pain in the ***? Being stranded sucks, but at least I've been stranded with some others with great senses of humor. Hopefully I won't have to eat them.

~[Whatever one of my characters stuck in Agata, usually Genji.]

pikachief
Aug 7, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-08-07 14:31, Pulpy wrote:

On 2007-08-07 13:58, RandomTask wrote:

If my psycho wand fails I'll be sure to go with the finding it and it failing is worse. Since I've spent about 5 million on diads.

your such an elitist >.>

Niloklives
Aug 7, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-08-07 15:50, Xaeris wrote:
Er, aren't you a cast? Well, I would, but I don't even bother picking them off the floor. They take up bag space. Sorry.

I have a cast a human a beast and a newman...I've got someone who can use them =)

imfanboy
Aug 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
Tell ya what Nilok - I've got a [b] Creasaud board I'll sell to you for cheap - my human and newman characters are techers and thus have no use for a sword. How much you willing to pay?

It really does look cool though, no?

I thought about selling the Vulcaline - for all of about 5 seconds. Then I remembered, "Oh yeah... come AotI, I'm gonna have to synth a ton of 9* Madoogs and grind them up for my techer characters... why not start saving up the synth mats now and save money?"

I've also got a stack of Cyral, thanks to this place. Sigh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-08-07 16:44 ]</font>

Aka
Aug 7, 2007, 08:16 PM
Just got another [B]Cati-senba from boss, yay...

Came out of a box I hadn't seen a board drop from too - -"