PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Just stop it with the crazy rumors and misinfo

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 10:30 AM
I have heard the craziest things coming out of people's mouths. It's bad if the only thing I say into the mic recently is "um, no, you're wrong about that."

Icebreak is not coming out next month. I have no idea how this idea started, but it's rampant. People are stocking up on fire weapons, and are serious about this. I'm not even sure there will even be an Icebreak. Also, no ice frying pan. I'm not kidding about that one; somebody actually mentioned it would be available.

Leveling up your PM is not going to help your synth rates. This was more of an issue in FB, however. People spamming that one Neudaiz mission to max out their PM's battle levels.

In HSM, standing on the light switch will not make the Kagajabiri (sic?) stronger. I'd rather see what I'm doing when faced with one of these guys. Especially when someone's spamming PA's against it with a dark(!) weapon.

The funniest thing last night is some kid told me the crossbow gets 5 shots after level 21. I was using my 21+ crossbow at the time, firing it right in front of him...WTF? He also said you can only synth an ice Brand, but no other elements.

Okay, before this becomes a rant, I'll turn this into a discussion. 360 players, what crazy things have you heard on our servers? I hear a good one every night; I should keep a notebook to write some of this stuff down.

Edit: Oh, wow. Quintuple post. Is that a record? *hides*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-08-03 08:40 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2007, 10:36 AM
Dang man, qunituple posting?

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 10:39 AM
yeah, I already messaged a mod, sorry lol. My internet at work is garbage.

Shardio
Aug 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
Indeed. O_O;
Anyways, I've never heard ridiculous rumor such as those. Then again, maybe I have a natural defence for them, that I don't even hear or remember them XD
Or, it's just the Xbox community that's making things up (again).

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2007, 10:44 AM
I heard about ice break and the expansion stuff and all this other garbage... so now I've come to the point where if I hear someone talk about it... proof or it isn't happening.

Shardio
Aug 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds like my Halo 2 days. Back then, crazy rumors were everywhere!

Otis_Kat
Aug 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
I just got the game for 360, and I heard a bunch of people saying that AoI costs an additional $4.99 a month to play. And the color of room decorations affects synthing, not the squares but the decorations themselves.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
On 2007-08-03 08:48, Otis_Kat wrote:
I just got the game for 360, and I heard a bunch of people saying that AoI costs an additional $4.99 a month to play. And the color of room decorations affects synthing, not the squares but the decorations themselves.

Oh, ho! Haven't heard that one. I did hear about the feng-shui thing, though. An additional 4.99? lol.

Powder Keg
Aug 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hoiw the hell did you manage to make 5 of these? LMAO

Hath_Wrobo
Aug 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
This one guy was stating that for the expansion, Newmans and Humans would get special abilities. Apparently newmans will get summoning, while humans will get an airboard to ride around on. Seriously, how the fuck would having an airboard even work? I couldn't even imagine it.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 11:03 AM
Oh wow. Mods?

Sometimes the internet here at work freezes up and this happens. First time I've done multiple topics like this, though. Sorry, guys.

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-08-03 08:59, Hath_Wrobo wrote:
This one guy was stating that for the expansion, Newmans and Humans would get special abilities. Apparently newmans will get summoning, while humans will get an airboard to ride around on. Seriously, how the fuck would having an airboard even work? I couldn't even imagine it.

About as much as SEGA could imagine Sonic on Hoverboards. (Talk about one game that looks kind of neat when viewing a movie at the starting line, and then witness the execution of the game after the starting line.) (And when I mean execution, I mean it with pretty much every definition of the literal word, at the same time).

Golto
Aug 3, 2007, 11:16 AM
Lol at the 360 kiddies and their stupid rumors.

Realmz
Aug 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-08-03 08:59, Hath_Wrobo wrote:

this is wrong, newmans will be able to summon photon helicopters and humans will get photon SUV's to drive around in.

i read it on the internet, so it must be true

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-08-03 09:18, Realmz wrote:
this is wrong, newmans will be able to summon photon helicopters and humans will get photon SUV's to drive around in.

i read it on the internet, so it must be true

But I heard even more stuff on this. Newmans will also be able to get photon SUVs.... but better than humans. This is because Newmans have lots and lots of powers. Just wait until they can channel their energies to turn invisible. Sneaking by crowds and monsters at a whim.

i read that on the internet, so it must be true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-03 09:24 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2007, 11:25 AM
this topic on the internet made me lol, so it must be true.

e_Tard
Aug 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
You Pc/PS2 player have no idea how bad its getting on our server with nubcakes spreading rumors.

Everytime I'm on my low lvls, bullshit and lies just pour in through my headset. If the fact that the room deco, and human/newman special rumors still have not been purged wasn't bad enough, we now have such gems as...

- A black beast badge that dual weilds axes...(seriously wtf)
- Using neutral element weapons on neutral enemies increases damage... (apparently this nubcake didn't bother to even test it :/ )
- Feeding your pm food(ie. gourmet cake) while synthing can increase the success rate/ele %
- Her Secret Mission is being removed this week (I hear this every god damned week...)

My personal favorite
- Sega is removing the $10 monthly fee in September and updating the demo so it will be free for everyone to play... (lol... just no)

When I tried to correct someone on this last one the other day, the response I got was

"lol like a lvl 25 knows what he's talking about"

...I hate you.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 11:42 AM
There still seems to be a number of people on the 360 servers who buy from the NPC shops lol.

I can also count a number of people who have no idea what that "fan" weapon I'm carrying. Although an obvious PSO vet claimed it was a harisen fan. Close...

Someone said that AoI will be a separate disc that you have to buy and is a separate game.

Casts will have an SUV where you turn into a giant Gundam-like robot like the nano-blast.

Anduril
Aug 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
I've always wondered why people start spreading rumors. Like how before firebreak people were saying that all ban-photons would be erased from your inventory when the event started. What do they gain from doing it? Do some people just get a sick kick out of making people believe them?

Hath_Wrobo
Aug 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-08-03 09:49, Anduril wrote:
I've always wondered why people start spreading rumors. Like how before firebreak people were saying that all ban-photons would be erased from your inventory when the event started. What do they gain from doing it? Do some people just get a sick kick out of making people believe them?

I did make a killing selling ban photons for 2k a piece http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sadly, this was actually during the firebreak event, so maybe this is more about how lazy the 360 community is.

Umberger
Aug 3, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-08-03 09:42, DreamLocke wrote:

Casts will have an SUV where you turn into a giant Gundam-like robot like the nano-blast.

That one probably spawned from the PSU art book (whatever it's called). I think somewhere in there it says that Magas Maggahna is Magashi's SUV.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-08-03 09:49, Anduril wrote:

I think people spread rumors because it makes them seem like they are informed about the game when in reality they are just pulling stuff out of their asses to look good.

Oh, also last night someone said if you are logged on when the server maintenance starts your character gets deleted.

landman
Aug 3, 2007, 12:03 PM
Since my spoken english is not enough fluent to argue with this kind of people I just switch off the mic and laugh out loud xDDD sometimes I care to write an answer if I feel very very bad about their ignorance

TheBlackDeath
Aug 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-08-03 09:42, DreamLocke wrote:

That's kind of funny because not too long ago I came up with an idea for something like that. It's not really like an SUV but closer to something like a beasts nanoblast, and the Cast doesn't turn into a "Gundam-like" robot(because that would be stupid). It inolves transforming into something resembling a Grinna Bete. I originally thought of this after facing down 3 of by myself on an S2 mission. I didn't tell a whole lot of people because I wasn't trying to start a rumor.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 12:52 PM
Now that you mention it, though...how cool would it be to change into that big 'bot from the mines in PSO that shot the missiles?

Or cooler...a Sinow Beat or Sinow Red. Those things were killer.

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-08-03 10:52, DreamLocke wrote:
Now that you mention it, though...how cool would it be to change into that big 'bot from the mines in PSO that shot the missiles?

Or cooler...a Sinow Beat or Sinow Red. Those things were killer.

GUARDIANS! Transform and ROLL OUT!!!

Esufer
Aug 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
I heard Humans get tanks at level 40. Hahaha.

But the best one I heard is that Newmans can use their omgzmagix at level 20 to turn into different races.

X+Y for cast, A+B for beast.

Seriously.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 12:58 PM
heard sum rumor about a Fa...mizzu...cup...thinggy...

what n00bs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 01:00 PM
I heard about the tank thing.

But newman's shapeshifting? Where do they get that shit? Just wow.

Rashiid
Aug 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
yeah at Lv 140 my cast can transform into a car n drive me around lobbies!!!

Cracka_J
Aug 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
Seriously, you 360 people got it all wrong. Let me break down the aoi info that us awesome pc/ps2 players have:

1) As mentioned above, aoi will have giant mecha suv/pb for all races. The meter will tick down as you move/fire missles/lazers/rappy cannons/etc. However...
2) the new bosses will be so incredibly huge and overpowering that all 6 of you teammates will have to use their suv at once and combine into one giant mecha (i.e. combiners from transformers...thanks for stealing that one, sega ><). each player will make use of controls for their specific part of the mech, so teamwork will finally be essential.
3) the 4.99 extra fee will only be for those who want the special godzilla room deco and mech suv costume. you don't really have to get it...
4) sega will remove the fee to play regular psu, due to them shutting down the servers. If you don't upgrade to aoi they will delete your account. also, if you fail to sign up for the 4.99 godzilla subscription, sega will log into your account and roll the dice command to see if they delete your account or allow you to keep it and play aoi. 1-3=delete, 4-6=play.

you guys need to get your facts straight.

Kuya
Aug 3, 2007, 01:14 PM
I heard Luke is Darth Vader's son and Leia's brother.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-08-03 11:14, Kuya wrote:
I heard Luke is Darth Vader's son and Leia's brother.

Hey, could you put a spoiler alert on that one? Jeez...

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-08-03 11:04, Rashiid wrote:
yeah at Lv 140 my cast can transform into a car n drive me around lobbies!!!

However, I can make a cast, decide to wait 20 or so more levels past 140 so it can transform into a Jetfighter, but has the odd unexplained urge to want to kill that car in the lobbies. Maybe it's got to do with that odd purple insignia on it or something? I don't know. I thought they were simply bringing back section IDs with that thing, but I could be wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-03 11:27 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Aug 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-08-03 09:31, e_Tard wrote:
You Pc/PS2 player have no idea how bad its getting on our server with nubcakes spreading rumors.

oh yes we do every time we post about the crappy economy we get "that's cuz you have haxeta" which noone or very few people do anymore...

also the "rumor" about your char getting deleted if you are logged in when maintenance starts...it's possible but not likely that your character will get damaged. Basically, it could happen, but if it does you have really really bad luck.

KidoKresh
Aug 3, 2007, 03:04 PM
I wonder what all the people that start and believe these rumors will say when they find out that it is false?

I've heard two people say that one guy got his axe to 11 grinds then I told em that it only goes to 10 and they say that you have to use 10+ grinder on it then it goes higher... dumbest thing I've ever heard

Kufell
Aug 3, 2007, 03:05 PM
I remember back when Bruce runs were new, I got into an argument with some arrogant noob about what the time limit was for the mission, I was saying 18:00, and he was saying 17:52, and saying that he bought the guide for PSU which states it as such. So I told him that if he was so sure, lets make a 10k meseta bet out of it. So for the rest of the mission, he's insulting me to his friends and saying how I'm probably not even going to pay up after HE wins. So anyway, its safe to say I won the bet, but just as I figured, he didnt pay up, and was using the excuse that I must of purposely not killed a monster so we wouldnt get an S Rank(Even though his friend was with me the whole time).

Chaobo99
Aug 3, 2007, 04:50 PM
-Rare maps change when the run is S2!!!!
-(this is...wow) You can find the [B] Frying pan where the fluroucent bulb drops and make it any element(WTF? O_o)
-(my personal favorite one...i tell this to new players) In moatoob,sometimes you can see the photon fairy,If you catch her with your saber,she'll make ur equiped weapon have infinate PP...(lol I think im too mean,cause they really believe me)

I also heard every single one from the first post.

BanF
Aug 3, 2007, 05:22 PM
Umm...

I have the Kubara axe board on my PM since the time it was around Strike 20, and the thing was 25% success rate.

My PM recently went up to Strike 27, and the success rate went up to 26%.

I should get pics in case it happens again.

Chaobo99
Aug 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
that's a rumor?

ThEoRy
Aug 3, 2007, 05:34 PM
Omega Relicon!!!

Chaobo99
Aug 3, 2007, 05:37 PM
Huamns get Tanks!!!

Shou
Aug 3, 2007, 05:41 PM
im still wowed by the number of Exboxers who think Newmans will be able to summon in AoI >_>

Duke
Aug 3, 2007, 05:41 PM
Are there any other different features for icebreak besides the obvious ice-seed

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-08-03 15:41, Duke wrote:
Are there any other different features for icebreak besides the obvious ice-seed

You've got the award today for not reading the original post. Congrats! Go tell a bunch of people that you get an ice frying pan for 1mil purification points.

Mayu
Aug 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hell yeah summon bahamut as they please

oh wait wrong game

Nani-chan
Aug 3, 2007, 05:45 PM
PTs and WTs keep telling me rumors about how they will get better in AoI.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-08-03 15:45, Nani-chan wrote:
PTs and WTs keep telling me rumors about how they will get better in AoI.

That requires an "ouch" response.

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2007, 05:47 PM
That also requires a 'lol' response

Duke
Aug 3, 2007, 05:55 PM
DreamLocke I read the post

HaydenX
Aug 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
The rumors I've heard about/read are as follows:

Famitsu cup will be sponsored...by maxim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

S2 rank fans in AoI will have four blades when at lvl 31.

Talk of an "Acrotranser" who gets every single weapon at A rank...ummm...yeah

We will get eight characters when AoI comes out (I know that this is related to the japanese worlds thingy...I guess it could be possible)

Experience and drop rates will triple in AoI.

There is a glitch which allows for the firing of 3 shots from a pistol.

There will be a rocket launcher

Feeding your pm food with an obvious element will increase the likelyhood of synthing an item of that element (i.e. dogma drop before ank dedda...)

feng shui...nuff said

The Black heart will form a set with the Blackheart.

The black heart makes you immune to megid

Whitill wings will hit the online mode as part of the "Maxim Cup"

That's all I've heard so far.

_Wolf_
Aug 3, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-08-03 10:55, Esufer wrote:
I heard Humans get tanks at level 40. Hahaha.

But the best one I heard is that Newmans can use their omgzmagix at level 20 to turn into different races.

X+Y for cast, A+B for beast.

Seriously.

What.

The.

Fuck.

wait what about humans i need to know what buttons i push to make that race.
On topic we are going to have a seed attack and they will destroy all of the labs missions and crimson beast.
Humans not having to use scapedolls if they are protransers.
Female beasts getting a power boost if they wear snowy claws while nanoblasting.

Para
Aug 3, 2007, 09:06 PM
Rants or FKL plz.

toxic_rf
Aug 3, 2007, 09:07 PM
Someone said last night that if you don't hand your Photon Eraser in then your entire inventory will be wiped, including the contents of your PM and your common box.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 3, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-08-03 16:04, HaydenX wrote:
Famitsu cup will be sponsored...by maxim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait.

Umberger
Aug 3, 2007, 09:11 PM

1) Fans already have four blades at level 31...they have 2 at 1-10, 3 at 11-20, 4 at 21-30, and during the beta, they (along with things like the Shotgun and such) did not gain a fifth blade at 31. There's also a chance of S2-5 equipment, as the icons for S2-5 have been found in the client's files. Not saying they will exist, but it may be possible.

2) That probably came from the increased experience/drop rates in the beta.

ThEoRy
Aug 3, 2007, 09:24 PM
On 2007-08-03 19:11, Umberger wrote:

1) Fans already have four blades at level 31...they have 2 at 1-10, 3 at 11-20, 4 at 21-30, and during the beta, they (along with things like the Shotgun and such) did not gain a fifth blade at 31. There's also a chance of S2-5 equipment, as the icons for S2-5 have been found in the client's files. Not saying they will exist, but it may be possible.

2) That probably came from the increased experience/drop rates in the beta.

I've never seen 4 blades above 21 as you so claim. so I'm just dying to meet the person who can throw 4.

Umberger
Aug 3, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-08-03 19:24, Octagon wrote:
I've never seen 4 blades above 21 as you so claim. so I'm just dying to meet the person who can throw 4.

They don't get a 4th blade at 21? Well damn...guess I've been misinformed. Sorry about that.

HaydenX
Aug 3, 2007, 11:11 PM
If GT got 4 blades from the fan...OOohhh!!! We would be the new DPS people (rifle SE4 + 4 blade cards + Crossbow = win).

4 Blades...the idea of this being real...I think I need to change my pants. O_o

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 4, 2007, 12:27 AM
Aaaand this is why I'm glad I left Xbox live.

:3

Baku
Aug 4, 2007, 01:47 AM
i herd i kan shot web HOW I DO EET?

/nub