PDA

View Full Version : Real Handgun Weekend

Tagnut
Aug 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
I want a Real Handgun but have a regular character that I use on PSU. So to get a RHG I understand that I have to download the demo (from marketplace I assume?)
So I create a new char to play with on the demo?
And how much playtime using this new char do I have to notch up b4 I qualify for the RHG?
And after the weekend how do I recieve the RHG? does my demo account automaticaly end after the weekend? and finally, does downloading the demo affect in any way my original char?

Sorry for all the questions!!

jayster
Aug 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
the demo is like a separate game from the real game. It doesn't effect your real game characters at all. When you download the demo, you get 4 empty character slots. All you do is create a character and that's pretty much it. I'v only put like 5 mins on my demo characters to recieve all the other demo rewards. And you get your handgun in your common box in one of the later updates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-08-03 09:01 ]</font>

Tagnut
Aug 3, 2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for that. So if I create the char and play, how do I then transfer the RHG from the demo char to my regular one?

Jaspaller
Aug 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
It will appear in your regular account's common box.

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
Your original character is fine, and saved on the full-version's servers. The demo runs off of different servers than the full game so you'll never touch your main character while playing the demo.

However, your Gamertag is linked to your account so playing the demo with the same gamertag, is how SEGA knows you participated and you'll get the prize. (make sure there's room in your common box on the day they eventually release it)

The amount of playtime is small, as long as you play in any of the two days. You could probably create a character, jump in, finish a quick mission and log out and you'll get the prize. To get the last demo prize, I don't remember doing any more than maybe one quick mission run, on one day.

Edit: You don't transfer the prize. The real Handgun is one per account. It'll appear in your common box, so whatever character you have, on your full account, can take it from the common box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-03 09:05 ]</font>

Tagnut
Aug 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys, and if I delete the demo after the weekend it won't affect my RHG prize?

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
Nope. The Demo is basically your access to your Demo server characters. The character will remain, until they wipe the servers again. They'll most likely check to see your demo character off the servers, and award the prizes to be distributed at a later given date.

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
If I do this at 12 midnight, will I get it? Or are they on the japanese time zone?

Akaimizu
Aug 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
Check out the time they say, on the official site. Sonic Team, in the US, is a San Francisco-based studio. They operate on Pacific Time. PST.

StanleyPain
Aug 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
Is the real Handgun worth owning? Is it a good weapon, or just a gimmick?

youthisoverrated
Aug 3, 2007, 04:53 PM
normally when i get the demo stuff, i just make a character and just sit in the demo for maybe an hour or so both days. it's really not that difficult. just make sure your common box isn't full!!!!! >.<

BanF
Aug 3, 2007, 05:19 PM
I actaully like to play both days and level the chara to level 6 at least. Cures any possible nostalgia for dealing a whopping five points of damage to a Lv1 Pannon.

youthisoverrated
Aug 3, 2007, 05:21 PM
^-^ ahhhh the good old days

DreamLocke
Aug 3, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm looking forward to playtesting a caseal on the demo. It's going to be my third alt that I will probably never touch (like my FT who she may overwrite) for a LONG TIME. But I like the idea of a future caseal fighgunner/future acrofighter. Crap, I might even call her "prototype 2nd alt."

FemCASTs just look too damn cool to not play one once in a while.

Arcturus_
Aug 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-08-03 09:06, Tagnut wrote:
Thanks guys, and if I delete the demo after the weekend it won't affect my RHG prize?

Might as well leave it on your system unless you'd like to download it again when the next demo weekend happens in a month or two.