PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu cup

fearbefore
Aug 4, 2007, 05:44 PM
i was wondering if anyone really knows if we're getting the famitsu cup here in the U.S. im hoping we are so if anyone knows any information about this it would be appreciated.

HFlowen
Aug 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
Why wouldn't we?

Nani-chan
Aug 4, 2007, 05:50 PM
No official announcement yet, check a day or two before maintenance. I assure you if we get it, then it will be on the pso-w front page.

HFlowen
Aug 4, 2007, 05:52 PM
We have one more mission update, then we would get famitsu on the 31st.

BanF
Aug 4, 2007, 05:52 PM
We're not, unless they say otherwise.

Mayu
Aug 4, 2007, 05:53 PM
Wait and we will see

so let us all be patient and hunt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zael
Aug 4, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'd love to see it on our servers, but I'm not going to expect it.

_Wolf_
Aug 4, 2007, 06:05 PM
Not another topic about famitsu *groan*. Assume we wont get it so if we do you will be suprised or assume we will and if we dont be one of the other 5000 people who are going to freak out.

HFlowen
Aug 4, 2007, 06:08 PM
If we don't get it, I would love to know what they plan to fill those 4 weeks with.

AxelgearVII
Aug 4, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-08-04 15:46, HFlowen wrote:
Why wouldn't we?

Naiveté at it's finest. Cute.

pikachief
Aug 4, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-08-04 15:52, HFlowen wrote:
We have one more mission update, then we would get famitsu on the 31st.

no it would be the 24th not the 31st >.>

Anduril
Aug 4, 2007, 07:07 PM
I hope we do get it. I'll be so very sad if I don't get a Rappy suit and Bikini Swimwear. I hope at least they release them somehow even if we don't get the full-fledged event.

Kylie
Aug 4, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-08-04 15:46, HFlowen wrote:
Why wouldn't we?

That's my stance because there's no reason we shouldn't get it. However, I'm not 100% anticipating it's appearance over here in the US because the decision is up to ST.

FUFME
Aug 4, 2007, 10:39 PM
If we dont get it, Im quiting this game and will return when the expansion come out.

majorgamer55
Aug 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-08-04 20:39, FUFME wrote:
If we dont get it, Im quiting this game and will return when the expansion come out.

agreed

FLaMeS15
Aug 4, 2007, 11:58 PM
we better get it..i want giga/skill saves to go down....

Rashiid
Aug 5, 2007, 12:09 AM
if we DO get it; im getting cheap S ranks then quitting till expansion; whats tha point of playing if you hav everything?

to be 100% honest; i kinda dont want this;

we'll end up liek PC/Ps2 and just can buy anything we want (no offence)

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 12:22 AM
On 2007-08-04 20:55, majorgamer55 wrote:

agreed

i second that

Umberger
Aug 5, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-08-04 22:09, Rashiid wrote:
if we DO get it; im getting cheap S ranks then quitting till expansion; whats tha point of playing if you hav everything?

Not every item drops at uber rates from Famitsu Cup. If I remember correctly, the "boss boxes" at the end of the levels some times were hard to get to, and even those didn't drop all the rares.

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-08-04 22:45, Umberger wrote:

Not every item drops at uber rates from Famitsu Cup. If I remember correctly, the "boss boxes" at the end of the levels some times were hard to get to, and even those didn't drop all the rares.

no S rank swords or GUNTECHER WEAPONS!! have the increased drop rate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i was gonna speed lvl a guntecher from 1-80 on the first week too T_T

also no S ank fists or rifles, and no 11* increased drop rates except for bil de axe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Powder Keg
Aug 5, 2007, 01:03 AM
If we don't get it, I may also cancel my GL until the expansion. The combination of finding and synthing rares is just unbearable in this game.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 5, 2007, 01:07 AM
I will lol if we get this during Halloween and no feathers drop >.>

Powder Keg
Aug 5, 2007, 01:10 AM
I doubt they would, or even can mix the two events together. If we get it, it should be before then.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 5, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-08-04 23:03, Artea wrote:
The combination of finding and synthing rares is just unbearable in this game.

Amen!!!

________
Girlfriends pics (http://girlfriendpics.org)

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-08-04 23:07, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I will lol if we get this during Halloween and no feathers drop >.>

well the dulk fakis famistu mission gives 30 rappy feathers for an S on A rank ^.^

so i wouldnt care if we got halloween rappys during this event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i'd just wait

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 5, 2007, 01:23 AM
I lol that the Xblock 270 lot still way exaggerates the PC economy.

Most people over here don't have anything worthwhile either.

On topic: I very greatly hope that we get the Fascist Cup, but I won't be at all surprised if we do not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-08-04 23:29 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Aug 5, 2007, 02:38 AM
It'd be funny if JP got Dengeki, Gemaga or LOGIN cup during US's cup. Except this time, with 11* drops.

Feelmirath
Aug 5, 2007, 06:34 AM

Most of us can't do that anymore anyway >_>

BanF
Aug 5, 2007, 07:52 AM
All of you people whin... I mean, threatening to get off the game if you don't get the Famitsu thingie... if you do leave, can you gib/lend rarz! I promise I'll give them back! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gryffin
Aug 5, 2007, 10:05 AM
My major want for the Cup derives from my need for the Rappy-prizes...

I need..

-Bikini Male
-Bikini Female
-Rappy Male
-Rappy Caseal
-Rabol Rappy
-Rappy Mode

And there were a few other things I can't remember T_T

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-08-04 23:10, Artea wrote:
I doubt they would, or even can mix the two events together. If we get it, it should be before then.

they got sonic jaos during famistu and we got sonic jaos during firebreak, so yes they very well can give us Halloween rappies.

although all evidence of the release of this event point to late august so i doubt it being around the same time.

also thats more proof of my expected release date of august 24th ^.^ the event is 5 weeks long so when its over we get our halloween rappies! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

halcyonstar
Aug 5, 2007, 10:14 AM
We will probaly get it as the 360 servers also house a portion of Japanese players. Why do you think the updates have been so good thus far o.0?

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-08-05 08:14, halcyonstar wrote:
We will probaly get it as the 360 servers also house a portion of Japanese players. Why do you think the updates have been so good thus far o.0?

well i dont think their good, i think they've been rather sucky, but i made my own schedule of updates till famistu and its been mostly correct except for about 1 or 2 things i missed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

so we should get the rest of the parum missions on friday, and maybe our electric dragon co-op mission, then august 24th famistu cup starting off with the paum famistu cup mission.

AC_Griff
Aug 6, 2007, 12:55 PM

agreed

ThEoRy
Aug 6, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-08-06 10:55, AC_Griff wrote:

agreed

"plays the worlds smallest violin"

-Tidus_415-
Aug 6, 2007, 01:58 PM
Lol @ People quitting just because they dont get something.

Almost as dumb as people quitting just because they failed an S-Rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit - Forgot. If you're quitting...Then...GIB RARZ NAO!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-08-06 11:59 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 6, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-08-04 22:52, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-08-04 22:45, Umberger wrote:

no S rank swords or GUNTECHER WEAPONS!! have the increased drop rate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i was gonna speed lvl a guntecher from 1-80 on the first week too T_T

also no S ank fists or rifles, and no 11* increased drop rates except for bil de axe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pretty much any of the normal brand 10* weapons should drop one way or another. Most of them come from the "boss" boxes at the end of the bonus missions.

White_Mage
Aug 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:58, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Almost as dumb as people quitting just because they failed an S-Rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-08-06 11:59 ]</font>
>.>.well if we get it i can finally lvl my alt to 55 XD.if we dont i am going to cry.meh not really

majorgamer55
Aug 6, 2007, 04:55 PM

wel maybe ppl wopuldnt biitch as much if maybe synthing wasnt so dam lame

pikachief
Aug 6, 2007, 04:58 PM

im quitting because of the lack of something new! S2's are NOT NEW!

getting nothing IS NOT NEW!

so if we dont get something NEW(famistu) then im gonna quit till we do.(AOI)

OldCoot
Aug 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
I just hope to see my first S rank, and if this event increases drop rates so characters who do not have a lot of meseta get a chance to have one, I am for it.

Besides, lets say the drop rate is increased 300%. I still think my chances are still not very good to get one. If anything, I would have to sell off the S rank materials I keep picking up for boards that I do not have or can buy.

RegulusHikari
Aug 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-08-06 13:30, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-08-04 22:52, pikachief wrote:

Pretty much any of the normal brand 10* weapons should drop one way or another. Most of them come from the "boss" boxes at the end of the bonus missions.

Great. I was hoping that AT LEAST my Blackbull would still stand out in rarity. Looks like boss rares are the things to hunt, people.

Too bad I'll never get one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I personally wouldn't lose sleep over us not getting it, just means the last S2s and AoI come faster, and I prefer those far over "OLOLFREESRANKS CUP".

Free Shigga Desta plez. >_>

Niloklives
Aug 6, 2007, 05:42 PM
10* board have way too low a drop rate not to have a 100% chance of success. after 2500 hours I finally got a board. it has a 75% chance of success and is in the process of synthing. I have a bad feeling about this.

Schubalts
Aug 6, 2007, 09:10 PM
Well, now you've gone and jinxed yourself!

Kion
Aug 6, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-08-04 23:03, Artea wrote:
If we don't get it, I may also cancel my GL until the expansion. The combination of finding and synthing rares is just unbearable in this game.

Doing spamming a mission 1oo times just for a board with 75% chances isn't in my dictionary next to the word "fun". Good news is the longer we wait the more and better S ranks we may get for the event. Also since we're not getting exactly what Japan got ST may be taking time to come up with a version of the event that fits into the content that we have.

BanF
Aug 6, 2007, 10:21 PM
So tell me, why can't the Cup come after AoI? Why must it come before it?

FUFME
Aug 6, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-08-06 20:21, BanF wrote:

Because I want a full stack of Halarod in my inventory. AOI will most likely be selling 11* rods in shop

Golto
Aug 6, 2007, 11:09 PM
I don't know how someone could get the notion of AOI coming eariler if we don't get this event. NA will get AOI at the least 2 months later than JPN regardless of updates/events we do or don't get. We only have 3-4 substantial updates left for this version anyways. There should be a long period of no updates before AOI is released. You should remember ST had no qualms about taking that extra month delay for ult pas and we've never caught up to the 2 months behind we should be. So it doesn't seem likely they will care to catch us up any.

So if we don't get this event Aug. 31th expect 5-6 weeks of no updates.

FLaMeS15
Aug 6, 2007, 11:11 PM
=D ME LOVE RAPPYS!!

ChaosStrike
Aug 6, 2007, 11:22 PM
I personally don't care for the S ranks drops, if they drop that's just an added bonus however I just look forward to the 2.5x exp so that way I might be able to reach level 90 (ha I will finally catch up if this famitsu cup thingy actually exists!)

BanF
Aug 7, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-08-06 20:53, FUFME wrote:

Because I want a full stack of Halarod in my inventory. AOI will most likely be selling 11* rods in shop

And is that good or bad?

Turbobrain
Aug 7, 2007, 05:48 AM
I really hope we get this event. I dont know any reason as to why we should not. Its not like Sega has to code anything new... the Famitsu(ERM?) wand has shown to be in our game data. Of course it was sponsored by Famitsu but so what...???

Actually Sega do get away with treating us less than satifactory. For example I have been trying to email them for sometime concerning my account and some stolen shop items. I would be happy with a non automated response.... we are VERY far behind Japan... we did not get A grinders for A LONG time... along with the glitches, hacks and so forth.

I dont remember this ever being the case on WoW and if THERE IS a problem then its sorted out QUICK... same price, I dont even remember Guild Wars being hacked EVER and its free. I could go on. I stick with PS thinking that after ALL the hacking on PSO they would have taken time to... make the game secure and make the admins effecient at removing problems/people who caused problems.... and they have removed people I know but not evidently THE RIGHT ONES. Still I stick by it hoping it will get better on AOI.

Seriously though, after all these years, my problems with getting my stuff hacked, the problems getting in contact with Sega about it, the trouble with even changing a detail on my account that I cannot and the fact that after SEVERAL emails and the experiences of A LOT of friends of mine on the game, many who have left....

If we dont get the Famitsu cup I am quit sure that will really be the last straw for me. I really dont see why we should get a different service when we are paying the same price. We put up with later updates as it is, I can live with that as I know we are getting them, although as I said theres no reason as the data is on the disk already.

I see a lot of people on these forums saying shit like'well Sega are cool, theytake our money, man we are so lucky they are cool enough to even play their game'..... Then they go nuts when something bad happens to them on the game.

In my job I see this a lot in one group of people... with women that are beaten up by their partners. At the time they want to deal with the problem but sooner or later everyone is sorry and the abuser 'is not really like this.... is having a bad time.... its my fault I burnt his dinner...' Extreme example but the best I can apply to this situation.

Fact is Sega dont treat us to well. I know that, I dont pretend to be cool about it. I live with it becasue I have to in order to play the latest game in a Franchise of games I like.

It has not been an easy 10 months putting up with all the disappiontments... though there have been some real real good times that outnumber the ills.

I've just seen the way this game on my platform has diminshed to something like 25% of its population in December. Events like FB and 3* luck week made more people play but I'm not sure more people joined.

At this point I thnk Sega should be concentrating on retention and I think they are expecting AOI to bring some new blood....

I think certainly from a business point of view it would be VERY unwise not to give us something rembling the Famistu cup(or ERM)... of course we would not get the out of game stuff as in Japan but I think that would keep most of us(very) happy until the launch of AOI.

Whew, just had to get that out in my 5 minute break! Seriously though for me and many that have patiently put up with the problems in the franchise for years this is the final straw...

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know if Ank Dedda drops from any of the Famitsu missions? Being the hardest S rank to get, I figure I should hunt this one while it's at its easiest. Also, when will I be able to hunt for Fuka and Mugunruk?

-Tidus_415-
Aug 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-08-06 20:53, FUFME wrote:

Lol. Yeah ok. you keep telling yourself that...

This is almost as stupid as the "black heart will be in shops soon" rumor and that rumor is REALLY old. Still not in shops like people "said". lol idiots

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-08-11 11:59 ]</font>

majorgamer55
Aug 11, 2007, 03:31 PM
can we go back to the topic plz? are we getting it or not?

Sinue_v2
Aug 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-08-06 10:55, AC_Griff wrote:

agreed

Sooo... what, you're going to quit for a whole two months if you don't get Famitsu? What's the point? If you were going to quit, you should have quit right after FireBreak, or back in January when there was no content. You're only going to be saving $20, which is a pittance, and you could be using that time to just spam HSM runs and save up enough cash to afford all the cool new shit in AOI as soon as it launches.

I'm usually always one to support, or at least understand, when people quit the game due to poor service - but Christ, it's a little pointless to over this don't you think?

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
I still want to know if I'll be able to hunt for a Dedda, Mugunruk, Huge Cutter, and Fuka and obtain them before the event is over...

Chuck_Norris
Aug 11, 2007, 04:05 PM
I heard the ank dedda can drop as a boss drop in the HIVE famitsu mission, I dunno about the others though.

Soukosa
Aug 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
Virtually all of the 10* weapon boards, from the normal brands, drop from the boss boxes in the bonus missions.

Ank Zagza dropped from the Fakis boxes on A rank, along with 3 other 11* weapons.

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 04:41 PM
Zagza, you say? Do you think that will be an impossible hunt? The only reason I wanted Dedda was because it wasn't an ugly A rank axe, but I kind of like Zagza's look. Plus, I still need to hunt my other 10*s, and school is starting...