PDA

View Full Version : 'Gurhalian Decathlon' A Sega Sponsored, Fates Hand Hosted Ev

Hitori
Aug 4, 2007, 07:14 PM
The Gurhalian Decathlon

Hello everyone! I’m back with more great news for the event-mongers of the world. Fates Hand is hosting yet another event for everyone to enjoy! But, there’s a new twist that’s been added to this one. Not only are we collecting our usual stockpile of in-game prizes, but we have now been officially sponsored by Sega! That means that the top places of our event will be receiving real-world prizes from the home of the Blue Dude himself.
And what, pray tell, is a Gurhalian Decathlon? Why, that’s easy! It’s a race all across the Gurhalian system, competing for the best time possible. While it sounds similar to our Search for Fate, this isn’t a clue hunt. Instead, I will be telling you the names of the missions up front, so you can practice them to your heart’s content. So here’s how the event will commence…
The event will begin at 10:00 AM Pacific (GMT -8) time, in Universe 30, at the Clyez City Fountain. Once the event has begun, we will be dividing competitors into two separate Divisions. The first Division is for those under level 50 on the character they choose to compete with. These players will be running the selected missions at C Rank. (Or higher, though that would hurt your chances by taking longer.) The second Division is anyone at or over the level of 50. These players will have a minimum of A Rank runs. Each Division will be located in a separate Universe once the Event has commenced. I will declare the first race begun, and will wait for the winners at the lobby post-mission. Each race is run one at a time. Once the mission is finished, we will wait for ALL players of the Division to finish the current mission before moving on. The Event will progress like this in ten different race sections. At the end, we will reconvene both Divisions at the Clyez Fountain for the tallying of points and declaration of winners.
Placing in the event as a whole is based on how you place in each of the ten small races. For each race, there are a total of 6 Points awarded. 3 to the first team into the lobby, 2 to 2nd place, and 1 to 3rd place. Whichever teams have the highest point totals at the end of the ten races will be the winners. But now, I add another twist. The top three teams from each Division will be awarded with in-game meseta prizes, but there will be a further round to determine who will be the recipients of the official Sega prizes. All members of the winning teams will be taken to another location with me, and we will do an eleventh race. This race, however, will not be run in teams. Instead, all competing players will be racing on their own, trying to best their companions in this final leg. The top two finishers of each Division will be awarded with the Sega prizes.

And, in summary format:

The Missions:
Unsafe Passage, Fight for Food, Mad Creatures, Train Rescue, Mizaruki Defense, Forested Islands, System Defense, Valley of Carnage, Dark Satellite, SEED Awakened, (Mystery 11th Mission)

The Date and Time:
Saturday, August 18, 2007. Beginning at 10:00 AM Pacific/GMT -8

The Location:
Both Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be held in Universe 30, at the Clyez Fountain. The Universes for the two Divisions will remained unnamed until the Opening Ceremony.

The Security:
Our first step to preventing cheating is leaving the Universes of competition unknown until the Event begins for both Divisions. Before each mission is run, the judge at the initial lobby will check the ‘Join Party’ screen to see if any missions are already in progress. If there is a mission nearly finished, they will wait for that mission to end, and then begin the runs. If the mission still has plenty of time left to run, the judge will make an on-the-spot decision of a new Universe for their Division to move competition to. Remember after a Universe switch, and between races: even though you know which mission to run, DO NOT begin until the judge standing outside the mission entrance says to begin. This judge will also be constantly refreshing and checking the list of in-session missions of the A-Rank Division to ensure that all players are running at least the minimal appropriate difficulty. At the end of each mission, in the post lobby, either myself or another official judge will be waiting to receive the teams. To avoid any possible disputes as to who has won, we will have a recording device trained on the exit point, and will have footage of the first three teams as they exit.

The Rewards:
Unlike our previous competitions, with staggered prizes for each tier of victory (1st, 2nd, 3rd), we will instead be handing out the same value of cash to each of the top three teams. This value is estimated at 1.2 Million Meseta per team. That means a grand total of 7.2 Million Meseta between the two Divisions. The real difference between 1st and 2nd place will be who among the winners can take home the Sega prizes?

As ever, please leave any/all questions/concerns/comments in posts below this announcements. I’ll try my best to quiet any fears you may have, and take in mind any suggestions. The more posts that are made, the more people will take the time to visit this information. That means a bigger turnout. And a bigger turnout means that we’ll get more attention to help to make the next one twice as great.

Stretch out and get your retro-70’s sweatbands out, the Decathlon is on the horizon!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hitori on 2007-08-05 09:23 ]</font>

Pinoy4695
Aug 4, 2007, 07:58 PM
Sweet!

Skye-Fox713
Aug 4, 2007, 08:06 PM
wow O.O

zandra117
Aug 4, 2007, 09:18 PM
How did you manage to get Sega to sponser the event?

jayster
Aug 4, 2007, 09:31 PM
wait what is the sega sponsered reward?

FUFME
Aug 4, 2007, 09:35 PM
Sega should be awarding a 11* Rank weapon or something

Morpheo
Aug 4, 2007, 09:49 PM
sounds good, neone wanna team up wit me? lol 90 fortegunner?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morpheo on 2007-08-04 19:51 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Aug 4, 2007, 11:23 PM
i need ppl to team up with... lvl 75 gt

Scythe88
Aug 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
Cool

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 12:29 AM
i'll join in! O.O get a SUPER-GROUP TOGETHER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

A2K
Aug 5, 2007, 03:19 AM
In regards to the official Sega sponsorship, could you, uh... prove it?

Wallin
Aug 5, 2007, 03:57 AM
Checked the PSU forums, there's nothing mentioned by Sega there at all except RubyEclipse saying it sounds fun and will try to be there to watch it. But I guess if Ruby also didn't delete the post there that it must have some sort of validity to it.

Hitori
Aug 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
Right. We do have Sega prizes, and they'll all be real world rewards. Though I'm not at liberty to say exactly what they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Sega came to us after we hosted a number of previous, succesful events, and they wanted to give the player base more fun things to do. Beyond that, you all will just have to win to see the prizes. :3

Sychosis
Aug 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
Texters FTL.

I could imagine them only being able to move those stupid things by giving them away.

Hitori
Aug 5, 2007, 11:18 AM
Never used one myself... who knows. They'd make a good event! Who can type out these two pages of text the fastest with a BlueOrb? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pikachief
Aug 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
lol no one likes the blue orb XD anyways i still havent mentioned this event to any of my friends yet! i still need to get a group together for this! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 6, 2007, 09:59 AM
Awesome on the Sega donations. Hope you guys have fun at this event.

RedCoKid
Aug 6, 2007, 11:01 AM
FYI~

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=367684#367684
As far as I know, my teammates and I have yet to receive our 1st place prize (Blue Orb's Texter Controller) from the Sega and jEM co-sponsored PC/PS2 event on May 31 during Operation Firebreak. Sega sent me an email on July 20 requesting confirmation of my identity/address, but I haven't heard back from them since.

Good luck to the 360 participants! Remember that the fun of these contests comes from friendly competition, not prizes.

Hitori
Aug 6, 2007, 01:22 PM
It's definitely about the fun, you're right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm just glad Sega is taking an interest in its players to make things even better. Hope they get those other prizes out soon.

JFKdj
Aug 18, 2007, 07:47 AM
Starts in about 4 hours...

NewAgeRed
Aug 18, 2007, 11:14 AM
no one is here yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

pikachief
Aug 18, 2007, 11:16 AM
OH DAM ITS TODAY!? I THOUGHT IT WAS LAST WEEK! XD IM RUNNING!

EDIT: it doesnt start till another 45 min....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-08-18 09:17 ]</font>

lethe
Aug 18, 2007, 03:31 PM
there were two second places so newage's team (the team i was in) who got third didnt get anything T-T T-T T-T T-T T-T