PDA

View Full Version : Can PSU be played offline on the PC? I can't seem to find my

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
Just wondering if PSU can be played offline for the PC because I was considering buying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I can't get broadband where I live so I was wanting to make sure... Also if it can play offline does it have anything missing? As in... PSO you could only get certain items online... is PSU the same way?

The only place that gave me any info was the PSU website and it said an internet connection of 256kkps was required. HOWEVER, I was pretty sure the 360 version could be played offline... So I assumed that they just meant a connection of that speed was required to play online and not play the game entirely. heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-08-04 18:46 ]</font>

Anduril
Aug 4, 2007, 08:45 PM
You can play Story and Extra mode (these are completely separate from Network mode which is completely saved on SEGA's servers) offline on the PC, but you need an active internet connection because of the security program that the game uses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-08-04 18:46 ]</font>

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 08:47 PM
Well I have dial up...Will that suffice to do whatever is needed?

Edit* Are you saying it's like Diablo 2 (not sure if you played that or not)? But they had entirely seperate characters from online and offline. The online characters were stored all online. Is that what you're saying? Or do I absolutely need any kind of connection no matter what http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As well as what I just stated hahah

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-08-04 18:50 ]</font>

RedX
Aug 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah it should. All you need to do is have it up to start the game, after that internet isn't needed.

Sol_B4dguy
Aug 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
I would think so. All you need it for is the security system to check for updates and the like. The only problem is when it needs to download an update; they seem to take forever on my wireless connection.

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 08:53 PM
That could be a problem... Does anyone know how large (file size) most of the updates are? And also if they can be downloaded outside of the games setup (like from a website and then extracted)

RedX
Aug 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
Reading your edits, no you don't need a connection to play offline on 360. Only for PC. Also, for offline they're are no updates.

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all your help guys :]

I'm going to pick it up right now! Hope I enjoy it as much as I did PSO