PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to unlock extra mode?

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
I hope not long... I'd really rather play as my own character... I also read that this game isn't that good offline :[ Which I hope isn't true! lol

PSO was great offline... so I'm hoping this is somewhat the same.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2007, 11:34 PM
Chapter 3 or so, I believe. Even then you're best off finishing the whole Story Mode because your Extra Mode character can only do what you've finished so far in Story!

Rizen
Aug 4, 2007, 11:34 PM
I'd say roughly an hour or two if you know/speed through the missions. I believe it was Chapter 4 it was unlocked....

D1ABOLIK
Aug 4, 2007, 11:37 PM
You unlock extra mode after you complete chapter 3.After each chapter you beat in story mode more content is available in extra mode.It takes 20 - 40 hours to beat all of story mode.Sadly,there is not much to it offline.In PSO offline you could play each level on different difficulties.Not so in PSU.When your level 20 the De Ragan is level 20,when your level 100,the De Ragan is level 20.That is the worst thing about offline.On the online game you have difficulties for each mission ranging from C to S,even S2 for some.C being easiest,S2 being hardest.Aside from that it is really fun.That is the main flaw in the offline game as it makes it so when your high level you cant replay some of the missions you love(you can they are just incredible easy),unless you create a new low level character to have them actually be a challenge.

________
Electric Cigarettes (http://vaporizer.org/forum/electronic-cigarettes/)

TheImmortal
Aug 4, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hmm... sounds sad for me :[ haha

Do you think with the expansion (it might already be out I didn't even look and haven't read the forums) they will try and make the offline mode similar to PSO?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-08-04 21:41 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 4, 2007, 11:39 PM
Just play it, don't worry about how quick you can play your own chars. The story is really good if you pay attention http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Aug 5, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-08-04 21:37, TheImmortal wrote:

Do you think with the expansion (it might already be out I didn't even look and haven't read the forums) they will try and make the offline mode similar to PSO?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheImmortal on 2007-08-04 21:41 ]</font>

i think they may cuz your online character and offline character r the same i believe

ThEoRy
Aug 5, 2007, 12:50 AM
it took me 4 months to open extra mode. I month per chapter I guess..

DragoonSlayer
Aug 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-08-04 21:37, TheImmortal wrote:

alright, i JUST beatin the game 2 weeks ago.
1-EXTRA MODE IS UNLOCKED AFTER CHAPTER 4, not 3. you MUST complete chapter four, get be in it.
2-if you like me, to change ETHAN's outfits, you must complete chapter 5 or 6, and trust me, it sounds cool, but the OFFLINE outfits aren't as great as the ONLINE ones (i've seen them, since i'm offline only)
3-BEAT STORY MODE. it informs you on the story (despite that it's kinda gay if you aren't into yu gi oh GX, but still good). on top of that, EXTRA MODE is nothing more than "Do nothing more than play ALL the FREE MISSIONS from story mode with your created character. nothing new. you can buy all the items available from story mode DIRECTLY in extra mode, no exclusions, so u can buy S-RANK weapons at level 1 and equip them as soon as you have the requiments (if you can afford them).
4-the only reason to use EXTRA MODE is if sega allows us to keep our status and equipment from extra mode to AoI, we'll be all set

D1ABOLIK
Aug 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
There are three S ranks you cant buy in extra mode.Two only drop in the hive.And the [B] Svaltus sword you have to acquire from getting an S rank on absolute zero.

________
GRAPE APE MARIJUANA STRAIN (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/grape-ape)