PDA

View Full Version : so 360 version...

DurakkenX
Aug 5, 2007, 11:26 PM
I was wondering... with all the problems that exist within the community of 360 with the scamming and annoyances and dumb rumors...do any of you 360 players ever think about switching?

The only problem that the ps2/pc version have is a basic economy problem which will fix itself soon...

But i really don't see all the problems the 360 version has being fixed with time since it's mainly the player base that is like that ^.^

So why not switch since those who switched away were all because of the hacker problem that is now no more >.>

PJ
Aug 5, 2007, 11:28 PM
Our economy is pretty much fixed up too, minus the dumb people who still price high (And dumber the people who buy them).

But from what I hear, 360 people suffer the same player shop problem anyways.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 5, 2007, 11:33 PM
Our shops are way cheaper.We dont have near as much lag.There has NEVER been haxeta.You guys blow the rumors and scamming way outta proportion and its really no different than scammers and rumors on the PC/PS2 servers.Plus we have voice chat,and if you dont like someone, you mute them.That simple.Our population doubles yours.Plus you still have hackers on there,they just get caught faster these days.Conclusion,360 servers are where its at.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-05 21:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-05 21:36 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 5, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-08-05 21:33, D1ABOLIK wrote:
You guys blow the rumors and scamming way outta proportion

Ok, go to Offcial PSU boards, search "scam". Tons of stuff comes up, apparently linking to search results doesn't work. Hell, even here we get scammed topics everyday.

My main irk with 360 is how it slowsdown, true PS2 does too, but a good PC fixes that. People say "PA slowdown is for dramatic effect!" No, it just looks dumb http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Yes, it's bad coding, but it's still there until perhaps an AoI fix.

Really, though. Why would people switch? I find it retarded for anyone to switch ever after working hard on a character. But whatever. I seem to be in the minority for those with lives.

Edit: There we go http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-08-05 21:47 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Aug 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
I dont know.I run on 360 online and have never experienced slowdown.

DurakkenX
Aug 5, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-08-05 21:33, D1ABOLIK wrote: its really no different than scammers and rumors on the PC/PS2 servers.

what scammers and rumors? As far as i've seen and heard all rumors originate from the 360 servers and i've never even heard of a scam on ps2. Also every time i hear a rumor on ps2 it usually is a joke OR someone corrects them right off and the rumor never comes up again except when talking about others on forums and such bringing it up.

-Crokar-
Aug 5, 2007, 11:50 PM
well the 360 population is as dumb as box of hammers.people say some of the stupidest stuff and people are idiots and beleive them and then tell abunch of people who are also stupid and beleive it. thats just the way things are.

gundam0079
Aug 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
there have only been maybe 2 scammers at least on the ps2/pc side and guess what, nobody listened.

Kent
Aug 5, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-08-05 21:26, DurakkenX wrote:
with all the problems that exist within the community of 360 with the scamming and annoyances and dumb rumors...

Try actually playing on the 360 version.

Annoyances are a good part of the reason I left the PC/PS2 servers, in the first place, coupled with a severely crippled economy, and cheating issues (that are totally helped by GameGuard). Of course, you can top that off with how horribly the game runs, and you've got pretty much every concievable reason to make the switch, right there.

Stupid rumors happen everywhere, even on the PC/PS2 servers - and I've personally witnessed them there, just as much as I have on the 360 servers. It's not like stupid people instigating stupid rumors are isolated here, or something like that.

I prefer the combination of security, a larger playerbase, and integrated (key word, right there) Live functionality and voice chat.

In other words: No. There's no real reason to consider switching back. :/

D1ABOLIK
Aug 5, 2007, 11:53 PM
Most rumors are not specified to which console and are just PSU rumors in general and come from all servers.People gettin scammed on the trade window thing is stupid cause you can read it.Just pay attention.And as far as 360 gamers being dumb as a box of hammers i think thats backwards,cause you would have to be dumb as a box of hammers to buy a PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-05 21:54 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 5, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-08-05 21:52, Kent wrote:
I prefer the combination of security, a larger playerbase, and integrated (key word, right there) Live functionality and voice chat.

http://www.webngames.com/funfiles/signaturepsow.jpg

That looks like the 360 version to me.

Dunno if it's just a visual thing, or what, but that certainly looks like a start.

Mayu
Aug 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
Our economy will remain retarded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

- PS2-PC

That is all

gundam0079
Aug 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
<3 smaller community so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif to to 360'ers

Kent
Aug 6, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-08-05 21:53, D1ABOLIK wrote:
And as far as 360 gamers being dumb as a box of hammers i think thats backwards,cause you would have to be dumb as a box of hammers to buy a PS2.

You'd have to be as dumb as a box of hammers to buy a PS2, the best-selling game system in recent generations, that houses some of the best RPGs ever produced?

Good call.

On 2007-08-05 21:58, PJ wrote:

On 2007-08-05 21:52, Kent wrote:

http://www.webngames.com/funfiles/signaturepsow.jpg

That looks like the 360 version to me.

Dunno if it's just a visual thing, or what, but that certainly looks like a start.

...Whoop-de-do? Nobody here was saying it was impossible - but it's still, by far, the most secure version of the game.

PJ
Aug 6, 2007, 12:10 AM
I was just saying, most people seem to be under the impression that the 360 version is some version sent to them by God to be the most ultimate CHEAT NO EXIST... no jutsu

D1ABOLIK
Aug 6, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-08-05 22:06, Kent wrote:

And as far as 360 gamers being dumb as a box of hammers i think thats backwards,cause you would have to be dumb as a box of hammers to buy a PS2.

You'd have to be as dumb as a box of hammers to buy a PS2, the best-selling game system in recent generations, that houses some of the best RPGs ever produced?

Good call.I really dislike the PS2 games.Just my personal opinion.I dont think it has the best RPG's either.It is the most popular among the mainstream casual gamers that just want mindless sports and racing titles with no depth.And the 360 and the Wii are both beating the PS3 in sales even with is 100% backwards compatibility.But if your a sony fan thats good news,cause the price of the PS3 is droppin in fall to try to regain sales and actually compete with the Wii.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-05 22:11 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 12:14 AM
It's just because 360 players are happy that it can't be hacked into like the PC/PS2. ^.^

D1ABOLIK
Aug 6, 2007, 12:16 AM
On 2007-08-05 22:14, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
It's just because 360 players are happy that it can't be hacked into like the PC/PS2. ^.^

Kent
Aug 6, 2007, 12:18 AM
It stands to reason that nothing is unhackable. deltaTime.

The Xbox 360 and Xbox Live just make for more impeding obstacles, making for a longer time differential from when it took to h4x the PC/PS2 versions, and when the eventual h4x of the 360 version gets wider-spread.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that by the time the cheating issues get as bad on the 360 as they were on the PC/PS2 version when I left, I'll have:

a. Moved on to a different ORPG.
b. Graduated college and gotten a job getting coffee for people who make these things.
or c. Both

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
Well, I understand that with improving technology, eventually the Xbox 360 will be hacked, but as of right now, it's very unlikely, because everyone I've heard of that actually succeeded got instantly banned, and/or their system broke. :/

Para
Aug 6, 2007, 12:23 AM
Simple answer: Greed. It always existed and will continue to exist in both platforms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Of course its not a smart idea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-08-05 22:24 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 6, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-08-05 22:22, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
Well, I understand that with improving technology, eventually the Xbox 360 will be hacked, but as of right now, it's very unlikely, because everyone I've heard of that actually succeeded got instantly banned, and/or their system broke. :/

Thus the system itself and Xbox Live being rather impeding obstacles.

Microsoft, of all people, knows that it's impossible to make an unhackable system, so they took the only logical route about prevention: Make it a total bitch to do.

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 6, 2007, 12:28 AM
I don't read the official forums, but from what I hear I'm not missing anything worthwhile. That might just mean that I'm not qualified to respond to the OP, but concerning matters of opinion from someone who's played both versions, I would say...

No.

Back when I played on PS2, and the hacked Meseta rolled out and you actually could see inflation with the naked eye, and when I read the forums on those nights when the shop-hack-PM-bomb blew up, and over the course of the following months as everyone I liked and partied with dropped the game for something else that didn't destroy hundreds of hours of effort, I wouldn't have thought that I too would abandon ship. But I did. Back then, I would have never dreamed that I would be as happy switching to 360 as I am now. But there you have it. I miss my friends from PS2. I still have a character, floating out there in the ether somewhere. But...

(US market - adequate support) + (PC x script kiddies) = everything that went wrong, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure, but I don't think SEGA is going to put any more effort into security than what we've seen so far, but even if they did, the PC medium has let me down enough on this title.

So to the question of coming back, I reiterate:

No.

Yunfa
Aug 6, 2007, 12:58 AM
I have a character w/ over 1k hours on him (ps2), however i recently purchased an X-box Elite to play PSU due to MANY of my friends who play PSU on 360 which i was totally oblivious that they played. Im like, "no way, u guys seriously play on the 360??!! holy crap."

Fun and excitement starts? Nooooooo, i tried to party up at the Guardian's Mission, but due to my low lvl (16) they automatically assume that i was inferior than they are and remove me from the party. Its terrible, im estimating out of 5 party invites 4 of the times the leader laugh with the most obnoxious comments w/ something like: "kakaka! Loooooook at that lvl 16, GTFO u little c--t!" *removed* Im like, hmm..........tats nice.

I have RARELY met someone as rude as the people im meeting on the 360. However there are a few nice guys out there. It may be true that the 360s server as about twice as many people, but if most of that population are douche-bags, then PS2/PC wins hands down.

*sighs* Im regreting joining the 360's server, currently im just mostly partying up w/ my friends from real life whenever they get off work.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 01:01 AM
It's because the easiest way to play the game is on the Xbox 360, and therefore most of the childish little kids gravitate to it.

-Crokar-
Aug 6, 2007, 02:10 AM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-05 21:54 ]</font>

i am on the 360 version thats why i made the comment i did. i know the people on it and i know how stupid the people are. i would never say something bad about a system i dont even have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-08-06 00:10 ]</font>

Parn
Aug 6, 2007, 06:14 AM
Let the flames begin!

I wouldn't dare go back to PC/PS2. Contrary to what folks want to claim, the economy there is still jacked up and will remain jacked up because for some reason, people seem to think that the economy just revolves around the meseta, but ignore all the numerous amount of assets.

In my short time through the haxeta period, I was synthing 18 9* weapons a day, and had all sorts of elemental 9* armors. I was on a mass synthing spree, and it didn't matter because I could just go do another set of Linear Line S runs to sell another Deljaban Blade for 50 million. On 360, you're lucky to be synthing 2 9* weapons a day if you're playing all bloody day, so you can imagine how much progress one could have made over the course of the haxeta era on PC. I had two 44% 9* weapons at level 55 on PC/PS2. Right now on 360, I'm still using 7* weapons at level 62, and still using B rank armor. I just started synthing my first 9* weapon last night and have enough money to try two more attempts before I need more meseta. That's a pretty huge freakin' difference.

If someone goes and prints tons of counterfeit money, and I obtain tons of it and purchase mansions, corvettes, and other luxury high life property, I'm way ahead of the game so to speak. When the counterfeit money is taken out of the monetary system and no one's printing anymore (for now anyways), would I be right to say that everything's getting back to normal? Because I'd argue that it's not even close to being back to normal, and never will. I own numerous illegitimately owned mansions, vehicles, whatever.... and I'm just one person who abused the counterfeit money. The only possible way for things to "get back to normal" is if that illegitimately owned property was taken away as well.

Now, I'm not saying folks need to go get rid of all that stuff, because that's just pointless. But to say that everything's "stabilizing" or "getting back to normal"... no, no it's not. Until everyone throws out the assets that were obtained through use of counterfeit meseta, it will never get back to normal on PC/PS2. The economy on that version was permanently affected.

And since GameGuard was broken through yet again just a month ago, even with the small playerbase that's left, it reminded me of why I'll never go back. The moment the expansion ships, the popularity will jump up for a short time, which brings in more potential for cheaters to try to ruin things for others. It'll be cheated again, people will panic and lock their rooms, etc. etc. Personally, I rather enjoy being able to decorate my room and having a shop on my main character without having to worry about someone stealing decorations or items out of my common box. I have a great group of people to play with right now which is slowly growing, and I have yet more folks jumping into the fray when the expansion ships.

Long story short, no, I will never go back to PC/PS2.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 6, 2007, 06:22 AM
^ Doh! and I still got your card from your original account, too. xD;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-08-06 04:34 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 07:23 AM
Getting scammed is a result of your own stupidity. I have never had a problem with scamming because common sense tells me when when someone is trying slip their hand in my pocket.

Powder Keg
Aug 6, 2007, 08:08 AM
Count me in as one of the few who never minded the whole haxeta fiasco. It's nowhere near as bad now, but I had no proiblem with it because of the money you can easily lose failing synth after synth after synth. I'm not exactly a big fan of hours of work going to waste all the time.

Also, how PC is hacked and the haxeta scare is blown a little more out of proportion than the whole scammer issue if you ask me...with the exception of how it USED to be. (ie. selling ray photons for 200k a piece. It's nothing like that now.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-08-06 06:12 ]</font>

_Wolf_
Aug 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
Even if i wanted to change i cant dont have a PS2 and my PC is shit

BanF
Aug 6, 2007, 09:10 AM
Change? Like hell!

Buncha scammers? Yeah, but they are SCAMMERS, not HACKERS, so they are easily avoided if you apply common sense. There is one reason we hear more of them in the 360 population: its size. More people == more scamming idiots, and more prey without common sense. Those idiotic 360 kiddies will hear "dupe items" or "99% Everything Twin Suckers" and their eyes will shine and their brains will stop working, and they will fall for the scam. Others who don't fall for lobby scams will be offered the one item they simply must have and their brains will stop working too... when they are running a mission.

Same for chat-spamming kiddies, meseta hawkers and the rest. I personally fail to see why people refuse to use the blacklist function the game comes with.

We do have overpricing idiots, that's never going to change regardless of how many meseta are out in the economy nor the system you play in; it seems some people think that just because they themselves are selling something, it's okay to sell it for 100 times it's real value.

But change? To what? As annoying and selfish as the 360 people are, at least they care enough for their own rewards they'll actually play well, so you are guaranteed to find a functional party running the mission you want, which can't be said of the PC/PS2 side. Then there's Live, which MS keeps hacker-free, and through which we can actually get really bad people kicked from the game for good, not to mention all the other Live games through which we can get our kicks without having to worry about finding opponents; the Internet provides this for the PC, but the Internet doesn't protect from cheaters, so the PC is not as great as option for multiplayer. Lastly, finally, with the 360 I have a system that's guaranteed to run all games made for it the next five years; with the PC, somewhere along the line I'm going to have to fork over more cash in order to keep the machine able to do that. So the PC loses.

The PS2? Never an option.

All of this is, of course, my view on the matter. For me the bottom line is: the 360 is way better than the PC or PS2 for playing anything, not just PSU (speaking of games all three systems share, of course). What the 360 totally fails at is community, that is, everyone working towards the same objective, as witnessed in Firebreak.

AweOfShe
Aug 6, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-08-06 04:14, Parn wrote:
Long story short, no, I will never go back to PC/PS2.

Heh, that probably goes for the rest of the #rpgfan crew, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DurakkenX
Aug 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
Parn, that makes me laugh...as if you are just now getting A-ranks, that's sad... On the JP servers, before hacking and before all these missions the give great rewards came out, most players could buy entire pallets of A-ranks within a few days or a few weeks depending on how much time you actually spent on it. So that's a bad reason.

As far as those ill-gotten items...well when the basic materials of an items are inflated you must attain more money and thus an equalizing effect comes about. The problem is, the same with actual countrys that go through inflation, when the money is taken out of the cycle as well as items that used to be hard to attain become easily attainable the money becomes destabilized and prices becomes skewed. Also because of the fact we simply don't have the same population the difference in prices, ps2 will always have more expensive, not because of "haxeta" but because those items that are worth anything become harder to get.

But currently...photons are selling for less than on 360...so it's sorta even to as it was before.

jayster
Aug 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
I love how 360 users are accused of being elitest who degrade the pc / ps2 econmony. But it just seems to be jelous pc / ps2 owners that start everything 90% of the time.....

And yes, there is a lot of scammers. But 99% of them are people outside, spamming messages like "Trading S rank for 5 A ranks", "Selling nightwalker 30k"....... I mean really now, no offense, but I'v yet to see a single scam that I would fall for, anyone who falls for one is a complete moron. I just can't comprehend how someone could be so dumb.

I remember one guy came into my party once while I was on an alternate character and said he was trading a S rank weapon. This level 30 was like, "WOW, I WANT IT!".... and the scammer said, "What do you have?". This other guy told him he'd trade all his B rank weapons which was like 5 and the scammer said ok.... They both left the party to go outside and trade. I tried to warn the kid, because it was so obvious, but he didnt listen...

And to the poster above... You do know that ban photons sell about 250-500 meseta, megi photons are about 10 meseta, gra photons are about 100 meseta, zon photons are about 500 meseta, di photons are about 1.2k and ray photons are about 3k.... That's going to be hard to beat..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-08-06 07:30 ]</font>

Sekani
Aug 6, 2007, 09:38 AM
And Durakken's talking out of his ass again, big surprise.

Short answer is that the PC/PS2 version has nothing to offer me. Even with our console's shortcomings, I like not having to worry about someone zeroing my PM and stealing all my room decorations.

lethe
Aug 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-08-06 05:23, amtalx wrote:
Getting scammed is a result of your own stupidity. I have never had a problem with scamming because common sense tells me when when someone is trying slip their hand in my pocket.

agreed, i see so many idiots fall for the sonic/tails scam. its been around for a long time and you have to be pretty damn stupid to fall for it by now........which in a sense does say that some maybe even the majority of 360 players are idiots but i honestly dont care because its not affecting me in anyway whatsoever, so maybe a scammer gets rich...who cares, i still have fun on the 360, and the lag issue has sometimes helped me when dodging megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 09:58 AM
On 2007-08-06 07:21, DurakkenX wrote:
Parn, that makes me laugh...as if you are just now getting A-ranks, that's sad... On the JP servers, before hacking and before all these missions the give great rewards came out, most players could buy entire pallets of A-ranks within a few days or a few weeks depending on how much time you actually spent on it. So that's a bad reason.

We all have to start somewhere. For a long time, the only A-rank I had was courtesy of a Vanda. Now I have several palletes of A and S-ranks. Point being, until you accumulate some wealth, A-ranks can seem out of reach for some players without haxets lining their pockets.

As far as those ill-gotten items...well when the basic materials of an items are inflated you must attain more money and thus an equalizing effect comes about. The problem is, the same with actual countrys that go through inflation, when the money is taken out of the cycle as well as items that used to be hard to attain become easily attainable the money becomes destabilized and prices becomes skewed. Also because of the fact we simply don't have the same population the difference in prices, ps2 will always have more expensive, not because of "haxeta" but because those items that are worth anything become harder to get.

Problem is NPC prices are not inflated and Photons are as expensive as running LL... Presto! Insta-millions.

But currently...photons are selling for less than on 360...so it's sorta even to as it was before.

No.

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 09:59 AM
Yes, Durakken is just ignorant. FYI, pretty much everyone on the 360 version was/is in the same boat as Parn when it comes to A rank weapons. Unless you are one of the people who could run Sealab over and over and over and over...that is if you like to have actual FUN with your game and not spam the most efficient money mission to death, A rank weapons are hard to come by.

I like how everything on that version is now "pretty much the same" as the 360 version in terms of economy. That's laughable. Also, looking to the future, AOI will bring the hackers/scripters back. You don't think that they want to see all of the cool items in that game as well? Even if your economy is starting to level out over there, it will be ruined (or should I say, "accentuated") again shortly.

Funny how if this topic were started here by a 360 user, the mods would have already deleted it and the OP would've been given a warning.

DLShAdOw
Aug 6, 2007, 10:05 AM
Here's my ultimate reason for staying on 360: Come this September, when I am bored of PSU, until AoI comes out, I will be playing Halo 3! And you folks who don't have a 360, won't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Aug 6, 2007, 10:16 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:05, DLShAdOw wrote:
Here's my ultimate reason for staying on 360: Come this September, when I am bored of PSU, until AoI comes out, I will be playing Halo 3! And you folks who don't have a 360, won't http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i'll be playing the CoD4 beta before halo 3 comes out too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

sarita
Aug 6, 2007, 10:19 AM
You are soooo right JAFO22000 about the topic, 360 and all that!!
And why hasnt this topic been closed already! I mean is this topic helping anyone??? Does it make anyone feel better???

Come on!! I though the message boards where here to help people!?

PJ
Aug 6, 2007, 10:20 AM
On 2007-08-06 07:59, JAFO22000 wrote:
Funny how if this topic were started here by a 360 user, the mods would have already deleted it and the OP would've been given a warning.

What? It seems more like, if 360 players say the PC/PS2 servers are shit, we have to just accept it, but if the PC/PS2 players say that the 360 servers are shit, WHOAH HOLY CRAP GTFO.

It seems even the mods have accepted this double standard as well.

And I don't think any PC/PS2 player post has even said that the 360 server is shit, on the other hand...

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 10:25 AM
Well, nobody knows this yet, (nor does anyone care...even me) but I played the game on the PS2, with hopes of getting online for it, and got to Chapter 4. Then, December 22nd, I got a crapload of Christmas cards in the mail. I was so excited about it, I bought myself an Xbox 360 Extra bundle w/NFS Most Wanted. I bought PSU, NFS Carbon, and Gears of War on the same night. I played PSU and the first thing I said when I progressed through story mode is "HOLY SH** I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A SMOOTH FRAMERATE IN MY LIFE!" I never had. I loved every second of it. Need for Speed games were ridiculously nice looking, but off-topic anyway. Anything to do with online was simple and fast. I finally got online for PSU on January 6th, because my friends from PSO-Xbox played it, and they told me "Your other friend Jerad went to play PS2 because he liked the hackers like in PSO"

I've never even DREAMED or THOUGHT of moving to the PC/PS2 servers, and I'm damn sure I'm never GOING to.

PC/PS2 doesn't even have an extensive communication system like the Xbox 360 does anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-06 08:26 ]</font>

Sekani
Aug 6, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:20, PJ wrote:

And I don't think any PC/PS2 player post has even said that the 360 server is shit, on the other hand...

The in-quote right now is that all 360 players are idiots and/or annoying kids. I report all such statements to moderators (I report unwarranted PS2 bashing as well), and pay attention to which ones are taken care of. The mods DO play favorites.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 10:35 AM
I don't say anything discriminatory, and I stick to facts.

Mystil
Aug 6, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'm taking a step further. Learning japanese and going to head over the JP version - had my own copy for about 6 months.

I wont encourage anyone to play on the PC/PS2 servers, and I can't play on the 360 because I'd have to buy live again and the game, and I'm severely tight on cash. Cheating was never a problem for me. It's scale was no where near what it was on PSO. MY problem is assumptions, greed, and game locking. General unfairness to low level players, and other things. It's a ghetto PSU that lives on updates and dies after them.

majan
Aug 6, 2007, 10:47 AM
hows this for an explanation....

every single online RPG on every single console it is avialable for has had its low points.the high points are up to YOU to make,and only you.the pc/ps2 players survived(or participated in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) some major hackage.that's allegedly all fixed and they all are still having just as good a time as we are on 360,minus a chunk of people and some of the 'rumors' and other bullshit we put up with on 360 servers.what makes that so bad though for poeple who are just playing?find a friend,or someone from these boards to roll with,and keep your head out of the way of annoying noobs that do nothing but make life in the game annoying for others.it's that simple...you can say all you want about both servers having their low points but in the end its still the game we enjoy to play,so if you let things like that drag your enjoyment of the game down,this game probably isnt for you altogether. a version switch will not solve that problem,I'd think.

find some friends,stick together,and have fun.hunt your rares.complain about shitty drop rates,synth rates,1 hit kills,the works.the rule is to have fun together.dont let 'rumors and annoying noobs and scammers and yadda' ruin the time you have playing the game when you can avoid the noobs,and don't get trade scammed!its that simple.dont trade with people you dont trust or know.

anybody that's ever played diablo II knows that online rpg's arent exactly the friendliest of environments.

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
From what I've seen this is now a "360 is SO much better than PS2/PC!" thread. Who the fuck cares? If someone is thinking of joining and can't decide give them the pro's and con's of each server. Personally I play the PS2 version but I play there because that's the only system I can play PSU on AND I have some pretty good friends there. My brother is getting a 360 soon and I'm buying a new PC when I get the money but I wouldn't change communities.

PS2/PC
-Smaller community (pro if you like it con if you don't)
-Choice of system for the same community
-PC has extremely easy screen shot taking capabilities
-A GENERALLY more mature community (from my experiences)
-A good enough PC can run the game just as well, if not better, than the 360
-Has been hacked in the past but the meseta problem is slowly evening out and hackers are getting caught faster.

-voice chat
-no one has hacked it (yet)
-larger community
-demo events

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-08-06 09:06 ]</font>

PJ
Aug 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:34, Sekani wrote:

The mods DO play favorites.

I figured that, although I've never reported anything, so I haven't seen it.

I just kind of assumed that was the case.

DurakkenX
Aug 6, 2007, 10:55 AM
We all have to start somewhere. For a long time, the only A-rank I had was courtesy of a Vanda. Now I have several palletes of A and S-ranks. Point being, until you accumulate some wealth, A-ranks can seem out of reach for some players without haxets lining their pockets.

Amtalx/JAFO... that's sad as i pointed out, BEFORE good missions and BEFORE haxeta, A-ranks were gotten by just about everyone on the JP servers within a few weeks, having full pallets as long as you were over lvl 30, most people has A-ranks. I had A-ranks before opening a shop on PS2/PC ver too and that was long before i reached level 40 AND I SOLOED for most of that. So like I said, that's just pathetically sad and jas nothing to do with economy.

We probably have more 50% +10s, but those aren't being sold much because people either don't have the money OR they simply aren't being sold. And since people are trying to get these items the expend a lot of money and often with NPC shops because people overprice, but even when you take that into account inflation is with more than one item so everything costs more, so if you cut the price a bit it's still the same work to get the same items...

The reason this topic was made was out of curiousity as to why there aren't people switchin to pc/ps2, not inflamitory.

The answer being that the majority of 360 users are dumb and most likely aren't really wanted on either server and those that aren't dumb have valid enough reasons.

Umberger
Aug 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:48, Fox_Makenshi wrote:

-no one has hacked it (yet)

Not true. It was hacked, but only by one person, and he was a respectful hacker (believe it or not). He changed his level and equipment, then offered SEGA help on how to fix their server bugs that allowed him to hack. They banned him, end of story.

I've thought about changing, but only because I'm not sure if I will be able to play PSU 360 as much as I would PSU PC at college. I really don't feel like leveling all my spells and getting all the experience and such again though. Not to mention that I'd feel bad for abandoning my friends. If we hit a mega time warp and went back to the day PSU was released, I would probably choose PC over 360.

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:55, DurakkenX wrote:
Amtalx/JAFO... that's sad as i pointed out, BEFORE good missions and BEFORE haxeta, A-ranks were gotten by just about everyone on the JP servers within a few weeks, having full pallets as long as you were over lvl 30, most people has A-ranks. I had A-ranks before opening a shop on PS2/PC ver too and that was long before i reached level 40 AND I SOLOED for most of that. So like I said, that's just pathetically sad and jas nothing to do with economy.

OMGZ ur aw3some3 can i b like U!! so uberl33t!! durakken FTW!

beatrixkiddo
Aug 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
Haven't we had enough of these threads yet?

Sekani
Aug 6, 2007, 11:05 AM

The answer being that the majority of 360 users are dumb and most likely aren't really wanted on either server and those that aren't dumb have valid enough reasons.

I'd like to present Exhibit A to the jury.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:52, PJ wrote:

On 2007-08-06 08:34, Sekani wrote:

The mods DO play favorites.

I figured that, although I've never reported anything, so I haven't seen it.

I just kind of assumed that was the case.

I've reported things before, and anytime I do, the mods seem to respect me, and they're always fair. It seems that everyone I report for certain things is a "previous offender"...

PJ
Aug 6, 2007, 11:11 AM
I don't think it's fair that our servers have Durakken though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sekani
Aug 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
LOL, I can understand that. There's a certain person on our servers (who I won't name since he hasn't posted in this thread) that I feel the same way about.

DurakkenX
Aug 6, 2007, 11:15 AM
amtalx - Im saying that this is normal to have a ranks long before you are saying most 360 players are fetting them...it's not normal to have them until lvl 60. Your argument then becomes immature since you can not answer reasonably? why can't you say that you were wrong or that there is a problem with the 360 servers?

PJ - I agree... I should have a license that allows me on all servers at any time!

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
Amtalx/JAFO... that's sad as i pointed out, BEFORE good missions and BEFORE haxeta, A-ranks were gotten by just about everyone on the JP servers within a few weeks, having full pallets as long as you were over lvl 30, most people has A-ranks.

Is there any proof to this statement? I suppose those who actually play on those servers are the only ones who can truly comment on this. I don't know if you play on the JP version or not, but if not, how do you know this?

I had A-ranks before opening a shop on PS2/PC ver too and that was long before i reached level 40 AND I SOLOED for most of that. So like I said, that's just pathetically sad and jas nothing to do with economy.

What's pathetically sad is that you were below level 40 when A ranks were released. Also, HOW were you able to solo to obtain all the money you needed for A rank weapons, yet remain at a sub-30 level? I would assume that the time invested to obtain the money/materials to synth these items (not counting raising a PM to a decent enough level for the synth) would've been substantial. HOW could you NOT have reached the cap, much less level 40?

The reason this topic was made was out of curiousity as to why there aren't people switchin to pc/ps2, not inflamitory.

I thought you were trying to be non-"inflamitory"???

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
At least I know it's not me then. :/

Sekani is cool because he took pics of me and my friends one day before I got my capture card working.

DurakkenX
Aug 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
Gee... i guess the fact that a number of people used my account to access the AoI beta or the fact i have the visual book, or the fact that early images were posted by me, aren't proof, oh well.

I didn't start playing the ps2/pc ver till like 2 or 3 months after it came out due to hoping my PC would be fixed quicker and I'd have continued with the JP ver. The A-ranks were released long before i started on the PC/PS2 ver and i have no idea where you got that. Also you'd be amazed how much meseta can be earned through selling to the NPCs. It's easy to get a-ranks without participating in the community's economy.

That's not inflamitory... that's what is being said over all.

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:14, Sekani wrote:
LOL, I can understand that. There's a certain person on our servers (who I won't name since he hasn't posted in this thread) that I feel the same way about.

Don't talk about -dis-- when he's not here. That's rude!

PJ
Aug 6, 2007, 11:23 AM
Hey, if we're allowed to say who's cool, I think Sekani is cool too even if I'll never get the chance to play with him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

He's got awesome style.

l_Will_l
Aug 6, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-08-06 08:25, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

PC/PS2 doesn't even have an extensive communication system like the Xbox 360 does anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-06 08:26 ]</font>

i personally like not having elementary school kids yelling in my ear while im playing psu. and children is the reason why theres alot more players on 360. its alot easier for kids to understand a console game than a pc game. and for the most part if u play on a good pc in our servers theres no lag at all. and not everyone is effected by the haxeta. i play as i would play offline execpt i play with ppl. ie i dont go for those trades of hacked weps or haxeta. i run for my moneys lol

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
i personally like not having elementary school kids yelling in my ear while im playing psu. and children is the reason why theres alot more players on 360. its alot easier for kids to understand a console game than a pc game. and for the most part if u play on a good pc in our servers theres no lag at all. and not everyone is effected by the haxeta. i play as i would play offline execpt i play with ppl. ie i dont go for those trades of hacked weps or haxeta. i run for my moneys lol

That's quite a nice generalized discriminatory statement you've got there. I stand with Sekani on this one. Hey, jury, take a look at this one!

DLShAdOw
Aug 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
Mass Effect
Army of two
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Two Worlds

Shardio
Aug 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
Switching is for the weak, who can not make up their mind and stay with 1 decision they have made. Topics like this one are weak. Weak, weak, weak.
Also, failure to show strength. Oh wait, that's the same.. Nvm.

-dis-
Aug 6, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:22, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-08-06 09:14, Sekani wrote:

Don't talk about -dis-- when he's not here. That's rude!

Aw, man. Screw you guys, I'm switching to PS2/PC and starting a STRYKE FORCE!

Ceresa
Aug 6, 2007, 11:37 AM

What...the shit...

If by just about everyone you mean the 2% of the JP playerbase that farms meseta all day, and excluding rangers cause they sucked hard back then, then sure "everyone" had a pallette that was all A-rank weapons. And if you were a hunter those were probably mostly 14% shit. The only people who had 9 stars were the capped lvl 60s, lvl 30s lol no, not even close. The average player had 2-3 7-8stars like Parn, again probably with shit %, and probably one of those was a Claire lol. Even the most hardcore players were barely bringing in 100-150k a day, that doesn't translate very well to full pallettes of good A-ranks, when it's 100k per synth with a 50% success rate. The normal person made way the fuck less, so who knows where you're getting these fantasies of full pallettes of A-ranks on lvl 30s on a normal non-hacked server.

The only thing you ever contributed too on the JP servers was the lag during the hellish first month, you know fuck all about the servers/economy/playerbase once they actually went to pay to play so STFU about how it was back then, you don't have a clue.

Akaimizu
Aug 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
If there's one reason I wouldn't switch for, it's for common annoyances, that really exist across the entire internet. Yeah, certain issues might be skewed a little one way on one platform to the next, sometimes temporarily; but they all exist everywhere. I've been to them all. Whether it be text-based, graphical-based, on Linux, on a Dec, on Windows, on any given console, 2D, or 3D, I've seen them.

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:15, DurakkenX wrote:
amtalx - Im saying that this is normal to have a ranks long before you are saying most 360 players are fetting them...it's not normal to have them until lvl 60. Your argument then becomes immature since you can not answer reasonably? why can't you say that you were wrong or that there is a problem with the 360 servers?

If you can find a statement I made saying what the appropriate level for acquiring A-ranks is I would like a quote. However, what I did say was that every player has to start somewhere. My response to your original post was most generally targeted at the "elite" players that look down on others who don't have A-rank weapons. Some people are more casual and have no desire to chase A-ranks or exhaustively run S2 Labs for money to purchase them.

I didn't answer reasonably because your post was ridiculous. A ridiculous response for a ridiculuos post. There is never any reason to berate a players style of play in that manner. You should have more respect for players that choose to enjoy the game in ways other than yourself.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I've done so in this forum before. I'm not doing so in this case because I'm not wrong this time. There is nothing wrong with the 360 servers that I have experienced or otherwise heard of. However, there are tangible issues with the PC/PC2 servers that go beyond heresay. If you don't like the 360 servers, avoid them, but don't slander other players.

Shardio
Aug 6, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:38, Akaimizu wrote:
If there's one reason I wouldn't switch for, it's for common annoyances, that really exist across the entire internet. Yeah, certain issues might be skewed a little one way on one platform to the next, sometimes temporarily; but they all exist everywhere. I've been to them all. Whether it be text-based, graphical-based, on Linux, on a Dec, on Windows, on any given console, 2D, or 3D, I've seen them.

Amen.

l_Will_l
Aug 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-08-06 09:29, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

That's quite a nice generalized discriminatory statement you've got there. I stand with Sekani on this one. Hey, jury, take a look at this one!

I played pso for dc,gc, and xbox. and xbox was by far the worst communication experience i had with the series. ok so maybe it dosent matter how old u are to act like a moron on the mic. but i mean a child is alot more able to play psu for xbox cause its just put it in and away you go compared to installing the program, setting ur gfx up if u dont have a high end pc so it runs properly and learning of keys on the kb, or if u have a controller set the controller up to work properly. all im saying is its alot easier for children to play on xbox than pc. thats all

Ryna
Aug 6, 2007, 11:43 AM
This thread is being locked due to the off-topic and inflammatory banter that is occurring.