PDA

View Full Version : is their a secret to grinding weapons

Slash_13
Aug 6, 2007, 01:14 PM
if their is a secret to grinding weapons plz tell me how

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
Mostly luck. Some chose to barter their soul for +10s. Seriously though, there isn't any trick. Use the best grinders you can find, and don't grind anything you can't afford to loose.

Realmz
okay here are the steps

1. make a lot of weapons
2. make a lot of grinders
3. go to the grinder shops and grind the weapons
4. break the weapons
5. repeat until step 4 does not happen

HFlowen
Wait for 3 star luck day.

Make alt character with 3 star luck.

Give weapon and grinders to alt character.

Grind.

Ryna
Aug 6, 2007, 01:23 PM
As HFlowen mentioned, wait for 3* luck days. Besides that, use the best grinders you can find. Also, don't grind anything you can't afford to lose.

_Wolf_
Aug 6, 2007, 01:23 PM
Good grinders + 3star luck

PALRAPPYS
Aug 6, 2007, 01:43 PM
I've never tried it, but... what happens if an item breaks and you shut your system off/close the PSU program before you press A to confirm it breaking?

If that worked... then that could explain all the people with tons upon tons of +10 weapons.

HFlowen
Aug 6, 2007, 01:49 PM
The system actually decides whether or not you are going to break your item when you select a grinder and weapon. You'll see a little (connecting to server) box flash before you select "OK"

The glowing progress bar is just a formality.

jayster
Aug 6, 2007, 01:53 PM
3* luck, only grind with 100% success or very high.

Today was a bad grinding day for me.......

Broke 1 phantom 1 > 2
Broke 1 phantom 3 > 4
Broke 1 deathmaker 4 > 5
Grinded 2 phantoms 4 > 5
Grinded 1 phantom 1 > 5
Grinded 1 deathmaker 4 > 5
Grinded 1 gur missal 2 > 5

amtalx
Aug 6, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:53, jayster wrote:
3* luck, only grind with 100% success or very high.

Today was a bad grinding day for me.......

Broke 1 phantom 1 > 2
Broke 1 phantom 3 > 4
Broke 1 deathmaker 4 > 5
Grinded 2 phantoms 4 > 5
Grinded 1 phantom 1 > 5
Grinded 1 deathmaker 4 > 5
Grinded 1 gur missal 2 > 5

Nice work moneybags. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Umberger
Aug 6, 2007, 02:43 PM
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A.

But really, getting things to 10 is a pretty costly endeavor and 99.999% of the time, you're going to have to use more than one weapon. I think someone said out of 36 weapons, you were "guaranteed" a +10...something like that, I dunno. =|

Mayu
Aug 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
32 weapons +

More likely 2-3 weapons will survive being +9

1-2 will +10

fumatanera
Aug 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:16, HFlowen wrote:

Grind.

why the alt?

Anduril
Aug 6, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-08-06 13:07, fumatanera wrote:

Grind.

why the alt?

So that the alt with 3* luck can grind, even if your main doesn't have 3*luck.

HFlowen
Aug 6, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-08-06 13:07, fumatanera wrote:

Grind.

why the alt?

Sorry, i worded that incoherently.

I meant if it wasn't your particular character that had +3 luck, just make an alt character in the correct race/sex type.

Mortisx3
Aug 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:16, Realmz wrote:
okay here are the steps

1. make a lot of weapons
2. make a lot of grinders
3. go to the grinder shops and grind the weapons
4. break the weapons
5. repeat until step 4 does not happen

Hmmm...I thought the fourth step always happened...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mortisx3 on 2007-08-06 13:11 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 6, 2007, 03:46 PM
let's see

when I grinded deathmakers, had about 20, got 2 to +10
for cugo mamba, had about 14, also got 2 to +10

basically, you have to not care about breaking weapons and just go for it. if you care too much the game can detect it and it'll break! (I swear it can tell)

THE JACKEL

Cz
Aug 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
the secret is to have 100+ of that weapons you want to grind. Then start breaking them until you get +10. If you dont get +10, then keep on trying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

3 lucks and +10 grinders help you break less.

ThEoRy
Aug 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
the secret is.........

wait 4 the expansion!

Urtri
Aug 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
I agree with Octagon Wait for Aoi to grind because then youll never break a weapon again and in the mean time only grind as long as you get a no chance of faliure ( i belive for A ranks thats +2 with +10 A grinders on lvl 3 luck days)

-Tidus_415-
Aug 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
When it says "No chance of failure" you still have a VERY VERY small chance of breaking it. lol

pikachief
Aug 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-08-06 11:14, Slash_13 wrote:

]

having millions and millions of meseta then spending it all to get 100+ more atp on your weapon!! XD grinded phantoms to 10 makes me LOL so hard XD

CeasOne
Aug 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
My last grinding escapade
1x 3 star luck day
9x double sabers (2x +8 double sabers survived)
6x hanzo's (1x +6 hanzo survived)
3x buccaneers (1x +8 buccaneer survived)
5x 7* daggers (1x +5 survived =/ )
5x 7* twin daggers (1x +5 survived)
*the look on my face when i lost 1 million worth of weapons* PRICELESS

Sasamichan
Aug 6, 2007, 05:19 PM
Also, try not to focus on one weapon at a time. Instead, spread out the grinding with all your weapons.

Zorafim
Aug 6, 2007, 05:40 PM
Get two items that you want to grind, and grind them equally. When one breaks, don't grind the other. Get a replacement for the broken one, and grind it up to the same level as the unbroken one. Then continue.
This tells you when to stop grinding, and lets you have a replacement. Of course, it's much harder to do with melee weapons, due to percentages. This method will still work come expansion.

Cz
Aug 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
the secret is::::::::::::::::::::::|||||||_____________++++++ +++++++::::::::::::::Keep trying.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-08-06 14:34, Urtri wrote:
I agree with Octagon Wait for Aoi to grind because then youll never break a weapon again and in the mean time only grind as long as you get a no chance of faliure ( i belive for A ranks thats +2 with +10 A grinders on lvl 3 luck days)

one problem with this that people seem to be forgetting, it may not break, but now you have a weapon that can only go to 9. That's not of much use to me, and I'm just gonna toss it to the side and get a new one to try and get me a +10. While it's nice for melee weapons, it's still pretty dumb. Someone will have amazing luck and have a +10 50% weapon, will someone will have crap luck and max out at +3.

THE JACKEL

Jools
Aug 6, 2007, 11:55 PM
Can you still do "The Trick" to get a +10 grinder every time?

Sasamichan
Aug 7, 2007, 06:06 AM
On 2007-08-06 21:55, Jools wrote:
Can you still do "The Trick" to get a +10 grinder every time?

What trick? Maxing your inventory and storage? If so, it does not work.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 06:16 AM
My list of grinding breaks is now too long to fit on one screen.

Anyway, here's my tips, which I never follow because I'm stubborn.

1. Use your luck...
-0 Stars Luck / Up to 3 grinds or 2 grinds on A rank weapon
-1 Star Luck / Up to 4 grinds or 2 grinds on A rank weapon
-2 Stars Luck / Up to 7 grinds or 4 grinds on A rank weapon
-3 Stars Luck / Up to 10 grinds or 7 (10?) grinds on A rank weapon

2. Recharge your weapons before grinding
3. Give it some time after grinding (at least an hour between each grind to be careful)
4. Grind in order. NEVER use a high level grinder followed by a low level grinder
5. Don't grind ANYTHING in Moatoob, that lady is retarded.

EDIT: If you want to waste your time like people do with bearclaws, when making grinders, if they don't come out +10, go to the dashboard before taking them, then go back and try again. It takes literally FOREVER and is a complete waste of time and patience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-07 04:18 ]</font>

sarita
Aug 7, 2007, 06:34 AM
welllll!!! I have a very good friend playing on the demo, and he has all his weapons with 10 grinders!! yes, you heard correctly!! 10 grinders!!!

He has told me there is an order to put the grinders on!!

It works for him on the demo everytime, he has never broke a weapon since he has done it this way!

So I am going to give it a try and see what happens, can at the moment need sertain numbers to do it and have not got them!

I mean if this works it would be sooooo sweat!!!

I guess it wont, probrably a demo glitch!

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 06:41 AM
I have a Falcon+10 and Riflic+10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also made two Falgohoh+10's and numerous Blaster+10 and Compadri+10

Eureka
Aug 7, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-08-06 14:18, Octagon wrote:
the secret is.........

wait 4 the expansion!

Agreed. That is the best answer and the only one I will consider...my weapons are too precious to risk grinding. Not because of their ranks, but because of the connections to my friends they represent.

Wallin
Aug 7, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-08-06 17:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
one problem with this that people seem to be forgetting, it may not break, but now you have a weapon that can only go to 9. That's not of much use to me, and I'm just gonna toss it to the side and get a new one to try and get me a +10. While it's nice for melee weapons, it's still pretty dumb. Someone will have amazing luck and have a +10 50% weapon, will someone will have crap luck and max out at +3.

THE JACKEL

From the AoI FAQ:
(http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148743&forum=20&start=0&15#1)

10. Weapon Grinding

10-01. How will the grinding system be changed in the expansion?
Weapon grinding no longer carries the harsh penalty of destroying a weapon with an unsuccessful grind. Now when a grind fails, the weapon's stats are reset to their base amount, and the total number of failed grinds that particular weapon can withstand is reduced by one. The new grind indicator of a weapon will display as two numbers. The first number shows what grind the weapon is currently at while the second number shows how many failed grinds that weapon has left. For example, 6/10 would be a weapon that has never been ground six times without failing once while 3/4 would be a weapon that is on its third grind level, but can only withstand four more failed grinds as it has already failed six times prior. So, in essence, you have 10 attempts to get a weapon to its maximum grind level of +10, as the second number in the new grind indicator only shows how many more failures a weapon can take before it's unable to be ground any further.

I'm confused now as to how this actually works in the expansion. Can someone confirm one or the other please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-08-07 21:48 ]</font>

chaoskila
Aug 7, 2007, 11:42 PM
first u get 10 A+1 and grind that thing all the way !!!! on 1 star luck!!!!

Reipard
Aug 7, 2007, 11:51 PM
I'm confused now as to how this actually works in the expansion. Can someone confirm one or the other please?

When your grind fails, the weapon no longer breaks outright. Instead, it gets reset to 0 grinds and loses 1 from its maximum grind.

So if you fail a grind, it can only go to +9. Fail two, only +8. Fail thrice? +7.
So on, so forth.

Great for people who don't really give a crap about reaching +10 but it is actually not much of an improvement at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-08-07 21:51 ]</font>

HFlowen
Aug 7, 2007, 11:56 PM
The above is false.

10-01. How will the grinding system be changed in the expansion?
Weapon grinding no longer carries the harsh penalty of destroying a weapon with an unsuccessful grind. Now when a grind fails, the weapon's stats are reset to their base amount, and the total number of failed grinds that particular weapon can withstand is reduced by one. The new grind indicator of a weapon will display as two numbers. The first number shows what grind the weapon is currently at while the second number shows how many failed grinds that weapon has left. For example, 6/10 would be a weapon that has never been ground six times without failing once while 3/4 would be a weapon that is on its third grind level, but can only withstand four more failed grinds as it has already failed six times prior. So, in essence, you have 10 attempts to get a weapon to its maximum grind level of +10, as the second number in the new grind indicator only shows how many more failures a weapon can take before it's unable to be ground any further.

Read closely.

Gryffin
Aug 7, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-08-07 21:51, Reipard wrote:

When your grind fails, the weapon no longer breaks outright. Instead, it gets reset to 0 grinds and loses 1 from its maximum grind.

So if you fail a grind, it can only go to +9. Fail two, only +8. Fail thrice? +7.
So on, so forth.

Great for people who don't really give a crap about reaching +10 but it is actually not much of an improvement at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-08-07 21:51 ]</font>

Incorrect. It means you have 10 chances to grind it to 10. When you've broken it 10 times, the weapon will remain at 0..

I think.

chaoskila
Aug 7, 2007, 11:57 PM
sheesh thats alot woosh!

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 12:01 AM
oh! i had to read that twice but i actually like the grinding system then! i thought it was how he said like it loses its max number of grinds, and i didnt like that method either.

so i guess this one really is awesome!

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 8, 2007, 12:16 AM
Wait. The new grinding system will still allow you a chance to reach +10 even after a failed grind or two? Sweet! That probably compensates for a lower success rate. (the success rate will be lower, right? Bleh, I still say gimme a skill-based minigame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Wallin
Aug 8, 2007, 12:19 AM
Okay, so you don't lose any maximum for failing, you just can only fail so many times, correct?

(I'm asking again because now Jackel and Reipard have said the same thing...)

ChaosStrike
Aug 8, 2007, 01:42 AM
I personally unserstand it to be the way that Gryffin stated it. Thats one more thing we gotta look at while weapon shopping. : (

Axel3792
Aug 8, 2007, 03:48 AM
On 2007-08-06 11:14, Slash_13 wrote:

I heard you have to do an Irish jig then clap your hands three times.

Zorafim
Aug 8, 2007, 04:10 AM
Wow, I completely misunderstood that. That's a great system, compared to the one I thought they were going to do. But still, my grinding technique still works well, since you'll still know when to stop grinding.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
so basically it's worded very incorrectly, or at least it was, because it made it seem like the way I said at first. Plus that section has been changed since the last time I finished that thread. Either way, people are still going to get unlucky as hell and have a weapon with no grinds on it from breaking it 10 times, while someone else will get it their first time. It's better, but still pretty crappy. Meh, owell

THE JACKEL