PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth coming back to the PC version as a Lv 20-somethi

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
I was originally thinking about getting a 360 and then starting fresh on the 360 version, but I spent my money on Warhammer instead. So I'm thinking about coming back to the PC version. My character is only level 20-something. Will I be able to find games at my level, or are only hardcore players with high-level characters left playing? I realize that everyone's probably spamming one popular mission and that I'll probably only be able to play that mission, but are there usually players playing it at C and B rank?

DurakkenX
Aug 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
it's worth it to come back.

xgp
Aug 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
yes come back its still fun

Shardio
Aug 6, 2007, 02:27 PM
Come back, you'll do fine! I've been playing since December, and I'm still lvl 56. And yes, for all this time, I've been having fun in Gurhal. Just not doing alot of high level missions... Bleh! Who needs levels when you can have FUN?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Aug 6, 2007, 02:29 PM
You should definetly come back. There are still tons of people who are below 30 and still play, and even all the people at 70, 80, and 90, have alts... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Aug 6, 2007, 02:35 PM
IMO not worth it due to leveling far too slowly.

JAFO22000
Aug 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
I would suggest signing back up if your curious, then quit again after a month if you don't like it. You'd only be out $10.00.

Mayu
Aug 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
It is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 03:01 PM
Heh, I made this same topic on the official Sega PSU forums and they're all taking the opposite stance, telling me that it's not worth coming back with a low level character.

On 2007-08-06 12:38, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would suggest signing back up if your curious, then quit again after a month if you don't like it. You'd only be out $10.00.

If it would only cost me $10US, I'd have signed up already, but I don't have a credit card. I applied for a credit card over 3 weeks ago so I could sign up for this game, and even though they said it'd only take a week or two to arrive, I'm still waiting. North of the border, we don't have things like Visa debit cards or prepaid gift cards, so my only options are to either use a real credit card, which I'm still waiting for, or buy moneymart's prepaid credit card, which costs $20. So for me, signing up for one month would actually cost me $30, not $10.

xgp
Aug 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
still if u have pll u no come back they can help u lv hell find me my name in the game is the some one no this sit the gme needs more pll and pll comeing back rjast as good if not batre.

Freshellent
Aug 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Jump on Vent,you'll always have a party. We're always glad to help out.

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
xgp, I have no idea what you were trying to say. Grammar is your friend.

toxicpinball8
Aug 6, 2007, 03:35 PM
You should DEFINITELY come back, I'm a veteran PSO player, but I JUST got PSU. Which means I just started a low-level character, and yes, it's still an amazing game.

Mayu
Aug 6, 2007, 03:41 PM
I think he said

I'm willing to help you if no one else will

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 04:40 PM
Well, I'm glad to hear that there are other lowbies around. I don't think I'll sign up today, (I don't feel like paying that extra $20 for moneymart's prepaid credit card) but when I do, I'll need some help earning meseta. My Cast has Lv 10 Hunter, Lv 3 Ranger, and Lv1 Fighgunner, but I've decided now that I don't like melee so I'm switching back to Ranger and I'll need money for the class change and ranger weapons.

Cz
Aug 6, 2007, 04:45 PM
dont you paid more by playing on the 360? Like...you have to buy subscription (something like that), monthly bill for playing PSU, and internet bill as well? I dont know since i havent play PSU online on the 360 before.
On PC, i only have to paid monthly of 10 dollars for PSU and 30 for internet.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
No. You can play PSU on the 360 with Xbox Live Silver (Which is free).

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, if I bought a 360 I'd use Xbox Live Silver. It's not the cost of the subscription stopping me from playing on 360, it's the cost of the system itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2007-08-06 15:20 ]</font>

MrNomad
Aug 6, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-08-06 13:01, Phaze37 wrote:
Heh, I made this same topic on the official Sega PSU forums and they're all taking the opposite stance, telling me that it's not worth coming back with a low level character.

Lol thats cuz everyone on the SEGA forums are some of the whiniest bunch of tards.

Criss
Aug 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well, PSU wouldn't be worth buying a X360 for. Not unless you have another big X360 game in mind to buy. On the other hand, if you have a good PC, 10$ (or even 30$) is not too much to try it out. Security holes have been dealt with, most of the haxeta was used up, and the death penalty was fixed. And really, if it's about a lack of low level players you're concerned, I'm pretty sure that quite a few PSOW-ers could help out with that, myself included.

If you're not too busy with work or school, and that you're not totally broke, I say give it a try.

BigBadWolf
Aug 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm going through a similiar ordeal as you Phaze, but my character was level 56 when I signed back on. Even at my level I have difficulty finding a leveling group. But the good thing about PSU is that you really only need to find one and your set for the day.

Unfortunately your timing for coming back couldn't be worse since school is starting so even less people will be online.

I have a feeling however that the answer to your question might actually lye in why you only managed to get your character to level 20 in the first place before you quit.

Either way I do recommend you try it again and see for yourself. The PC/PS2 version still has it's share of problems but I'm definitely enjoy being back in the game ^_^

Phaze37
Aug 6, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-08-06 17:06, BigBadWolf wrote:
I have a feeling however that the answer to your question might actually lye in why you only managed to get your character to level 20 in the first place before you quit.

Life takes priority over videogames. PSU couldn't have come out at a worse time for me. I was really busy with college, I had several big projects to do, and I'd just sneak in half an hour, maybe an hour at a time to play when I could, which wasn't that often. I play PSO and PSU because they are much better suited for short sessions than traditional MMO's like world of warcrap. There's nothing more irritating than a game that wastes your time on purpose; why do griffin rides need to take 5-10 minutes when it could easily be replaced by a 5 second loading screen? I'm a casual player. That's why I play PSO and PSU despite their flaws.

BigBadWolf
Aug 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
sorry weird double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-08-07 05:15 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-08-06 13:01, Phaze37 wrote:

Yea and the first person who replied in that thread was me. And I wasn't trying to be an ass. It's just well, the truth. They were gonna lie to you and all that stuff and make it sound like it's going to be easy peaches for a new player.

Unless you do not care about leveling your character up and enjoying it's potential. It will take a while I assure you. Make friends, talk alot and you'll be alright tile AoI comes out and the crybabies reactivate thier accounts and there be more games for everyone.

AweOfShe
Aug 8, 2007, 01:28 AM
On 2007-08-07 06:24, Mystil wrote:
and the crybabies reactivate thier accounts and there be more games for everyone.

Until the week after release and they find something else to bitch about and quit over. Heh.

BigBadWolf
Aug 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
Okay after last night's exp partying experience I feel I had to post again in this topic with my new outlook on this game.

This post will probably be long, but for a one sentence summary:

If you're a Hunter type player below the level of 50 on the PC/PS2 version, and you're completely new to/unfamiliar with the dynamics of the game, you're in for a world of hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto my story, I just hit level 63 yesterday on my Fortetecher and I get a message on my partner card from a level 47 player saying he needed help leveling and such. Besides obligation to help rare new players on PC/PS2, I also wanted to look at the state of finding exp parties for people of his level because I myself find it difficult to get decent groups at my level.

Well I'm sorry to say, but things looked very very bad. First we split up to find a group of players doing either A rank

or low S rank missions. The server was 2 stars at the time, he took Neudaiz, while I searched everywhere else. I saw almost no A rank low S rank missions, or simply locked ones being done at the time, except for a Moatoob mission with one guy in it.

Fast forwarding a little, I picked up the level 44 player and my level 47 friend teleported us to NeuRelics area. Things took a turn for the worst because someone told him to do NeuRelics S for exp at his level, and I had to spend a good 15mins explaining to him that due to the current circumstances why this wasn't so (lack of players/dark elemental weapons + techs/ and so on).

I was about willing to give up at this point, however we lucked out a when bunch of players that were leveling their (2nd, 3rd) alts showed up saying they were doing Relics S. I felt bad for dragging the level 44 player all the way to Neudaiz when he was just too low to join, so I gave him 200k which was like 2/3 of the cash I had on me (was away during the haxesta craze), and the rest of us went into the mission.

For those that were offended by the hunter comment, I only said it because while we were exping, these guys that were leveling their alts did so much more damage then my level 47 friend it wasn't even funny. In the melee department they had so much more playing experience and disposable income he had no chance to keep up. This was later confirmed in another party during Eastern Peril S missions that he was pretty much dead weight when we did a run by ourselves while he went afk for the whole mission, and we completed it in the same amount of time as we did when he was there before.

I know he's new and he came online because he just wanted to have fun and mess around. Nowadays, if a player wants to level fast they have to take the game seriously, they have to take pick up parties seriously, and their gonna have to commit themselves to some waiting then hours of level grinding if they want to make good progress. It breaks my heart not simply because I doubt he'd understand what I'm saying, but also because PSU didn't really used to be like that. The level cap was a lot smaller and there was a lot more players on the PC/PS2 side so casual play was the way to go back then.

Sasamichan
Aug 8, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-08-07 23:28, AweOfShe wrote:

On 2007-08-07 06:24, Mystil wrote:
and the crybabies reactivate thier accounts and there be more games for everyone.

Until the week after release and they find something else to bitch about and quit over. Heh.

Ain't that the truth.