PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Technic

_Wolf_
Aug 6, 2007, 06:16 PM
Once i get back tomorrow (yay) i want to get an ultimate photon technic. I am on the 360 and already have nos zonde which would you say is most useful or most important UPA?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 6, 2007, 06:18 PM
Nosedigger, then Megiverse.

Cz
Aug 6, 2007, 06:19 PM
i would go with Nosdiga for damage.

Umberger
Aug 6, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-08-06 16:18, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Nosedigger, then Megiverse.

Moreso Megiverse than Nosdiga, but yes. In my opinion, Nosdiga is horribly inefficient in terms of PP, and if you miss one "snake" at 21, you did about the same damage as one Diga would have done. It's just too expensive for less than impressive damage in a long amount of time. Also, you need to buy two dark ultimate arts to be able to get the 12% bonus on a rod if you do that kind of thing...plus Megiverse is probably the best of the dark technics.

Mayu
Aug 6, 2007, 06:29 PM
Nosdiga

Zorafim
Aug 6, 2007, 06:30 PM
Dambarta.

_Wolf_
Aug 6, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-08-06 16:30, Zorafim wrote:
Dambarta.

lol

OldCoot
Aug 6, 2007, 06:35 PM
I like Megiverse. I think it will be even better at level 21. The biggest problem is getting hit which breaks the tech, but the HP regeneration is wonderful.

Nosdiga would be my favorite if it were cheaper in PP usage.

EspioKaos
Aug 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-08-06 16:35, OldCoot wrote:
I like Megiverse. I think it will be even better at level 21. The biggest problem is getting hit which breaks the tech, but the HP regeneration is wonderful.

Nosdiga would be my favorite if it were cheaper in PP usage.

Yeah, even with the Fortetecher PP bonus, it's still expensive. Conversely, Megiverse is the same way, and since it takes a moment to "warm up" after you begin the casting animation, you can potentially lose a good chunk of PP before it even damages anything if, as OldCoot said, you get hit while casting.

I was a bit skeptical of Megiverse when I first got it, but as it's leveled up for me, I've come to like it a lot more.

Umberger
Aug 6, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-08-06 16:48, EspioKaos wrote:
I was a bit skeptical of Megiverse when I first got it, but as it's leveled up for me, I've come to like it a lot more.

A good way to level it up (if you get it, you'll want to get it out of the awkward phase it has before it gains some decent range...i.e. levels 1-10) is to go get a Rabol Tero, Mega / Rainbow, and go do Linear Line A/S. The enemies won't take too much damage from it, they frequently spawn in pretty large numbers, and the armor should stop you from flinching on A (maybe S if you switch to Wartecher and/or use a higher % armor...or a better armor...or a combination of those).

Rashiid
Aug 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
yeah nosdiga is TOO much PP; do more damage in diga then the amount of PP of nosdiga

MushiKuro
Aug 6, 2007, 09:29 PM
Megiverse.

See ya!

X.X

LS_Aksion
Aug 6, 2007, 09:32 PM
Guys - NosDiga can do level 2 STUN - the best status effect on enemies. Since Nos-Diga levels so quick youll get to lvl 21 in no time and have 3 chances to stun enemies. And all 3 snakes are powerful by themselves but even more so if they hit the same enemy.

Megiverse is a good choice too. But yes its dangerous to start it - you're vulernable for a few seconds before it even starts hurting enemies. even blocking stops it cold.

Aka
Aug 6, 2007, 09:35 PM
Nosdiga for single target damage, Megiverse for AoE damage. Depends which one you will likely to need more based on what technics you already have.

Sychosis
Aug 6, 2007, 10:14 PM
On 2007-08-06 19:32, LS_Aksion wrote:
Guys - NosDiga can do level 2 STUN - the best status effect on enemies. Since Nos-Diga levels so quick youll get to lvl 21 in no time and have 3 chances to stun enemies. And all 3 snakes are powerful by themselves but even more so if they hit the same enemy.

Megiverse is a good choice too. But yes its dangerous to start it - you're vulernable for a few seconds before it even starts hurting enemies. even blocking stops it cold.

I'd personally take Nosdiga. Great damage, but yes, the stun is a great thing to have when hitting a Go Vahra 3 times over.

Megiverse is a close second. Wedging yourself in a corner with your back towards the enemy will eliminate your blocking problems and if your armor is good enough, essentially make you un-killable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-08-06 20:17 ]</font>

DEM_CIG
Aug 6, 2007, 10:47 PM
Gi resta...

pikachief
Aug 6, 2007, 11:28 PM
wats so good about megiverse? my friend is gonna delete it soon and i would like to give him a reason to keep it

Rashiid
Aug 6, 2007, 11:49 PM
if hunters hav tha enemies distracted; its good for slowly draining their health w/ a LARGE AoE.

Hatemachine
Aug 7, 2007, 02:22 AM
Does the health regen go to the party as well or just the caster of the spell?

and to work it I'd say just run derag runs and abuse them safe zones managed to get about 90% of my FT 's skills up ta 21+ and the exp was pretty nice as well as chances for items and synth materials.

I myself for now would consider gi resta since once the death penalty goes away that tech is gonna be VERY useful and the stronger it is the better it gets.

BTW one more question does gi resta level as a buff like repeated casting in buff parties will raise it or does it need to actually effect something?

GoDz
Aug 7, 2007, 02:50 AM
noz diga,then megiverse, then megid, then gi resta, thats my opinion....i dont like noz zonde or noz megid

THERAPIST
Aug 7, 2007, 03:18 AM
I got Noszonde to level 25 or so, but it's too slow to be truly useful, plus it took ages to level up. Looks good tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Nosdiga I had to 21 within a matter of hours and the damage it does is insane!
Megiverse just owns.

RedCoKid
Aug 7, 2007, 08:23 AM
Megid. You need a tech to one-shot rappies.

Astarin
Aug 7, 2007, 09:31 AM
On 2007-08-07 00:22, Hatemachine wrote:
Does the health regen go to the party as well or just the caster of the spell?

BTW one more question does gi resta level as a buff like repeated casting in buff parties will raise it or does it need to actually effect something?

Giresta adds the health regen to everyone within range, and it levels just like a buff. It seems to level faster than the standard four buffs, actually. I bought it once the death penalty was changed, and I like it. It's handy.

Also, in response to the original poster... Megid? I have Nosdiga, and Giresta. Nosdiga is only about 1.5 times as strong as Diga, and costs a lot of PP. The homing effect is really convenient against moving targets, though. Megid is going to be my next PA, because I've been watching Rangers killing 'bots in the Grove of Fanatics with Killer Shot. And drooling with envy. I know Megid only gets Incapacitate lv 3... but it should still be worth it.

OldCoot
Aug 7, 2007, 01:07 PM
Megid to one shot rappies? The last batch of rappies I fought ate Megid for lunch, belched, and kept on coming. They are tough little critters at high levels. After a number of castings all that was left was feathers. Go figure.

Pulpy
Aug 7, 2007, 01:29 PM
I had megiverse for a while and replaced it. Now I'm doing sleeping warriors alot I wonder if it would make runs faster, since so many golmoro spawn. Does anyone here have a 44%-50% light armor and use megiverse in SW S2? I want to know if that would keep you from being knocked out of you animation by the golmoro or not.

RedCoKid
Aug 7, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-08-07 11:07, OldCoot wrote:
Megid to one shot rappies? The last batch of rappies I fought ate Megid for lunch, belched, and kept on coming. They are tough little critters at high levels. After a number of castings all that was left was feathers. Go figure.
Using megid (mine was lv ~24 at the time) on lv 100 rappies is hilarious. They were gone in <5 sec! Go me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-08-07 11:29, Pulpy wrote:
I had megiverse for a while and replaced it. Now I'm doing sleeping warriors alot I wonder if it would make runs faster, since so many golmoro spawn. Does anyone here have a 44%-50% light armor and use megiverse in SW S2? I want to know if that would keep you from being knocked out of you animation by the golmoro or not.

You could ask any gunners in your party to use lightning bullets for support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-08-07 12:07 ]</font>

relentless
Aug 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
1.Nosdiga
2.Megiverse
3.Gi-resta
4.Nosmegid
5.Megid

Would be my priority if I were you, just like the vote says.
Go for Nosdiga first I say.

Gryffin
Aug 7, 2007, 03:03 PM
Megid... the first Ult PA I bought, and the PA I use more than any other.. although it's still only level 12 T_T

OldCoot
Aug 7, 2007, 04:02 PM
"I had megiverse for a while and replaced it. Now I'm doing sleeping warriors alot I wonder if it would make runs faster, since so many golmoro spawn. Does anyone here have a 44%-50% light armor and use megiverse in SW S2? I want to know if that would keep you from being knocked out of you animation by the golmoro or not. "

No. I have a 50% light and that isn't enough for SW2. Not sure exactly the cutoff, but taking small amounts of damage can stop you from casting.

Pulpy
Aug 7, 2007, 04:24 PM
But what kind of 50%? It's wasn't like a 2* or something was it? Did you jellen them? I used megiverse on b missions when I first got it and i only got hit for 30-40 damage and didn't get knocked out of it. Come to think of it it's probably a fraction of your max hp that determines if your flinched when hit.

OldCoot
Aug 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-08-07 14:24, Pulpy wrote:
But what kind of 50%? It's wasn't like a 2* or something was it? Did you jellen them? I used megiverse on b missions when I first got it and i only got hit for 30-40 damage and didn't get knocked out of it. Come to think of it it's probably a fraction of your max hp that determines if your flinched when hit.

You could be right. It seems crits stop Megiverse and of course when I block. Lately I have been leveling Megiverse on LL S2 with a dark 44% ageha-senba that reduces their damage with buffs and debuffs so I am not knocked down but I still get interrupted.

Oh my armor is a Ageha-senba.

OldCoot
Aug 7, 2007, 08:44 PM
Did a little test today on SW S2 which only adds to how I like Megiverse. With buffs and debuffs and my armor, I was able to get Golmoro's damage below 60pts and I was not interrupted in casting Megiverse(as you guessed Pulpy and this answers your question also). I only have this tech to level 18 now but at 21 and how much you gain back with it you could stand in a crowd and finish them and walk away untouched for the most part.

Pulpy
Aug 8, 2007, 08:31 AM
On 2007-08-07 18:44, OldCoot wrote:
Did a little test today on SW S2 which only adds to how I like Megiverse. With buffs and debuffs and my armor, I was able to get Golmoro's damage below 60pts and I was not interrupted in casting Megiverse(as you guessed Pulpy and this answers your question also). I only have this tech to level 18 now but at 21 and how much you gain back with it you could stand in a crowd and finish them and walk away untouched for the most part.

That makes me very happy. =) Thank you! Sigh, now to figure out what tech to replace.

PUMA
Aug 8, 2007, 04:26 PM
You should get megiverse cuase im teh emoest lolz