PDA

View Full Version : Rumor about Price-Tell me what you think

ChaosStrike
Aug 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
I was playing with a bunch of people who said that because new games were coming out PSu isn't goin gto charge people after September, I personally think that this is wrong but please post with your opinions, known facts, vote, adn well discuss this

Anduril
Aug 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
I've heard this rumor going around, but I've never seen any proof. I personally think it would be a dumb idea of SEGA to do that since they do make a good amount of money from the 10 dollars a month they get from people. I mean if they stop charging us, then what reason would they have to give us any new content? Like that they can just drop updating and leave us with nothing new ever again. At least that's my 2 cents.

Golto
Aug 6, 2007, 07:18 PM
Man you 360ers can really make up some stupid rumors.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Aug 6, 2007, 07:20 PM
Jesus Christ, people, $10 is nothing.

Anduril
Aug 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-08-06 17:18, Golto wrote:
Man you 360ers can really make up some stupid rumors.

Please don't make this into an attack on the 360 community in general. It's just that with our higher population we get a lot of idiots who like to act like they know more than everyone else. Which is frankly ridiculous and it is really only the fault of those who believe them if the rumor spreads.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-08-06 17:27 ]</font>

Golto
Aug 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
From Clumsyorchid, site admin at the official site.

This is a false rumor that appears to be floating around the DEMO servers. The demo servers themselves are actually a pretty good example when you consider what the game would be like without any online fees. Essentially the same content that came out at launch, and maybe a few extras tacked on.

The online fees cover a long list of expenses, one of which is the development costs for future content creation and implementation. Server and bandwidth costs come into consideration, as well as funding customer service, GMs, web, and marketing. There's a good amount of things that go on behind the scenes of any game that you may take for granted, but they all usually have a price tag attached.

A good rumor won't die, so I expect that we'll see this through October and beyond. So yes, if you want free, play the DEMO but don't expect any updates or changes to the play environment.

So you 360 people need to let this false rumor die.

HFlowen
Aug 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
Where is the "lol" option?

ChaosStrike
Aug 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
Sorry forgot to make a lol option, I knew that I was fogetting something

NPCMook
Aug 7, 2007, 06:07 AM
On 2007-08-06 17:30, Golto wrote:
The online fees cover a long list of expenses, one of which is the development costs for future content creation and implementation. Server and bandwidth costs come into consideration, as well as funding customer service, GMs, web, and marketing. There's a good amount of things that go on behind the scenes of any game that you may take for granted, but they all usually have a price tag attached.
Boulderdash!
Horse Hockey!
Bull Shit!

pionear
Aug 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't mind a fee reduction, maybe to about $5 bucks a month.

You have other games like 2moons which is free to play as of now.

Piper_Maru
Aug 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
10$ is well worth it.

Realmz
Aug 7, 2007, 03:47 PM
the price will actually be raised in order to fund the purchasing of photon SUV's for humans, after all crude photon prices are on the rise...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2007-08-07 13:48 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Aug 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-08-06 17:30, Golto wrote:

So you 360 people need to let this false rumor die.

You sound like one of those ignorant redneck jackasses talkin bout some "you people" shit. You 360 people? wtf?! what's that supposed to mean? we're all a bunch of chatty Cathy's rumor mongering around all day? Yeah, not one single rumor ever came from ps2 servers because they have the most honest and mature 11 year olds EVER! Every rumor ever was started on 360?! Yeah more like we have 10 times the population so therefore of course you'd hear more bs there. You'd hear more truths there too you ignorant degenerate. Why don't you get a fucking clue before you can speak about an entire um "demographic" consisting of people from all walks of life, races, religions, and age groups.

Golto
Aug 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
Lol at least 95% of totally unfounded rumors start on the 360 demo and regular servers. You need to get a clue Octagon. A larger percentage of pc/ps2 players read psu websites so our smaller 1/4th of your population is more informed.

Psu free in October -360
Ice break -360
Me quicks and Blackhearts sold in npcs next update for about 2months now -360
newman-human summons -360
ban-photons wipe before the start of firebreak - 360
black beast nanoblast with dual axes -360
cyber sex for $5 - 360

ThEoRy
Aug 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
I have a clue thanx. You unfortunately do not, and obviously math AND literacy escape you as well. Where in my post did I ever say rumors do not come from 360? In fact, you illiterate troll, I CLEARLY said, "Yeah more like we have 10 times the population so therefore of course you'd hear more bs there". CLEARLY I stated that did I not? My problem with your posting in this topic has nothing to do with rumors being started and where from. It's more about your blatant generalization of the 360 population. So it's no surprise that you chose to completely ignore my comments about your ignorance and focus your reply on even MORE of your ignorance by stating, "so our smaller 1/4th of your population is more informed" Whazah? How is it that you STILL can not comprehend the fact that 10000 people will of course have more rumors poppin up than 2500 no matter how informed or not either of them are? It's sheer numbers my friend. That same reason we'd be fucked if China ever wanted to start some shit.

RedX
Aug 7, 2007, 07:43 PM
At 14 the population, that would mean that for every 4 rumors that come from 360 1 will come from PC/PS2. But since thats not the case, PC/PS2 is more informed overall the 360.

ThEoRy
Aug 7, 2007, 08:11 PM
Who the fuck makes up these so called "facts". Where does anyone get off making up fictional numbers about the number or rumors coming from where? is there some secret organization somewhere keeping tabs? Well if it's you two assholes, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

RedX
Aug 7, 2007, 08:50 PM
It comes from reading the forums :/

Almost every rumor topic is started by someone from the 360. I could find some if you want proof.

ThEoRy
Aug 7, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-08-07 18:50, RedX wrote:
It comes from reading the forums :/

Almost every rumor topic is started by someone from the 360. I could find some if you want proof.

Where is it that I'm disagreeing with that again?! AGAIN let me reiterate. My beef is with the derogatory comments generalizing all 360 players into this group of teenage retard morons. When the simple fact is that not even one of those people are even on my friend list!

RedX
Aug 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
Aren't you taking this a little personally? No one ever said you were a "teenage retard moron". As you said before it's all about the numbers, on AVERAGE, a PC/PS2 player is more informed. That doesn't everyone is, less informed.

Also who said that you had you had to know them for them to exist. We aren't talking about a group we're talking about a large amount of people. If you aren't friends with them then thats good for you, I'm not friends with the morons on PC/PS2 either.

Also, because it's the PC/PS2 server, all the people on the PC can check if a rumor is true while there still in the party thats talking about it and crush it there, so it never reaches out of that party. Since that is the way that rumors are started they don't start at all.

Just so we're clear, saying on average, DOESN'T mean everyone. Just of you look at the bigger picture.