PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite fighting style.

ChaosStrike
Aug 6, 2007, 11:36 PM
Just put in your least favorite style, Skills, Bullets, or Techniques.

(Also please put in your favorite style)

ChaosStrike
Aug 6, 2007, 11:37 PM
Wow someone has already voted.

DEM_CIG
Aug 6, 2007, 11:38 PM
I like them all... depending on certian situations.

JFKdj
Aug 6, 2007, 11:52 PM
Depends on my mood (whichever one of my characters has the most luck that day).

VanHalen
Aug 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
Crane style.

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2007, 12:06 AM
I've never liked guns. As such, I don't like bullets.

BanF
Aug 7, 2007, 12:14 AM
I see nothing wrong with a single one.

PJ
Aug 7, 2007, 12:19 AM
I can't stand being a ranger. Couldn't stand it in PSO, and, even though it's been improved, can't stand it here. That's why I have 3 hunter characters, and one force character.

So it sounds like I prefer melee over technics, but my force is my main character, and that's just how it always is. So I'd put them as evenly awesome.

I'm not downplaying the usefulness of gunners, just don't want to play 'em.

landman
Aug 7, 2007, 12:26 AM
On 2007-08-06 21:53, VanHalen wrote:
Crane style.

Drunken Fist: /alt7 (Female Event pose 4 animation xD)

Rashiid
Aug 7, 2007, 12:26 AM
i like em all.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 7, 2007, 12:31 AM
Favorite - bullets

Cz
Aug 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
my least favorite is meleeing.

Mayu
Aug 7, 2007, 12:48 AM
Melee - Dus Daggas

Techs - as long it's 21 -.-

Bullets - BOWS

Alisha
Aug 7, 2007, 12:50 AM
i've never been a fan of offensive magic.

Micro
Aug 7, 2007, 01:40 AM
I like them all... gives you a variety of stuff to do.

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2007, 01:41 AM
On 2007-08-06 21:53, VanHalen wrote:
Crane style.

Mantis Fist remains superior.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 7, 2007, 01:43 AM
I like Isshin-Shorin-Go Ryu Tai Shin Ki Do(Yes a real fighting style).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-06 23:45 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Aug 7, 2007, 01:56 AM
I like them all, although I have not a single Tech on my character. So my vote...Least fave is techs.

darkante
Aug 7, 2007, 03:15 AM
I´m getting pretty tired of the hunter class.
Close range is not really my thing anymore.

Tsavo
Aug 7, 2007, 03:19 AM
The least fun for me is ranger. Been like that since the old days of pso. With the ability to strafe while firing the RA classes hold a little more interest for me now. Only a little though.

Midicronica
Aug 7, 2007, 03:36 AM
Teching just became boring for me after a long time. So, yeah...

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 7, 2007, 05:27 AM
My least favorite fighting style would have to be Chi blasting. It's not real! Test it out in the real world of fighting and you'll see what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ykNZ7rAcw
I favor Muay Thai overall though.

/within-game, I have no hatred against any fighting styles. They're all unique and great assets to fighting in general.

I favor Technics overall only because I like to be able to attend to the team while also seeing technics grow into different stages as it levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-08-07 03:35 ]</font>

Kent
Aug 7, 2007, 06:42 AM
Being that I favor versatility over all in many of the games I play, I don't necessarily dislike any particular style of fighting, but rather, I dislike being limited to one main mode of doing so. Especially if it's using guns.

As a Wartecher (that actually knows what he's doing), I use all three frequently, in the scope of my efforts, and do quite well with it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 7, 2007, 07:29 AM
On 2007-08-07 03:27, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
My least favorite fighting style would have to be Chi blasting. It's not real! Test it out in the real world of fighting and you'll see what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1ykNZ7rAcw
I favor Muay Thai overall though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-08-07 03:35 ]</font>

I agree, Muay Thai is very practical for realistic fighting, and I practice the style, so I say that would be my favorite, although Kyokushin Karate gets my respect as well. I also like Jiujitsu [as spelled by the Brazilians for their style of it], those submissions are brutal.

Oh, PSU? Well, I have lemme see, here, four fighter type characters? Guess it's easy for you guys to tell which is my favorite. But yeah, I really don't have much gunner characters. I do have a techer and a gunner in the form of Fighgunner and Wartecher, but yeah. I do like all three styles of fighting, but I prefer melee the most.

AC9breaker
Aug 7, 2007, 07:33 AM
The Toad Style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNGC8oFWp7w) : Is immensely strong, and immune to nearly any weapon. When its properly used, its almost invincible.

Dhylec
Aug 7, 2007, 07:34 AM
I like playing as hybrid classes, so I (must) like them all. ;]

-Rune-
Aug 7, 2007, 09:56 AM
I like them all, but I mainly love the gunplay on this game. Also the Tech's are very fun to play around with. I get really bored with melee if I go fer too long, so I just switch in and out when it comes to hand to hand fighting... if I had to pick a fave though... definately bullets cause Bow, Mech, And Xbow rule all xD

Sexy_Raine
Aug 7, 2007, 10:02 AM
Melee isn't what is use to be, so it's most certainly dead last for me. I still have all 3 types under me for the sake of bragging rights, unlike some people who never tried all 3.

Bullets are easily the best since, long range has spoiled me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-07 08:07 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 7, 2007, 10:20 AM
Melee = ZZZZzzzz....

EOF

Kaydin
Aug 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
I like them all, but if I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be ranged.

chibiLegolas
Aug 7, 2007, 10:26 AM
I hate nuke'n with techs. It's always bored the hell out of me and always will.
None are my favorite at the moment. I'd like skills more if only they improve melee fighting once AoI comes out. PA spamming with techs, skills, bullets feels too much like button mashing for me and I hate it.

Realmz
Aug 7, 2007, 10:33 AM
i like the fighting style where i kill things, which one is that?

Anduril
Aug 7, 2007, 10:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of melee combat. I feel it gets to confusing when you have multiple enemies and you can't hit the one you want to, and you're being attacked from all sides.

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2007, 10:48 AM
Any style that isn't "Kyokugenryu Style Karate" already puts it on a lower pedestal.

http://kof.confusticated.com/97/aof.gif

Sakazaki, for the winning style. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-07 08:57 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 7, 2007, 10:49 PM
My least favorite? Though I have the occasional soft spot for melee combat (and I do like to combine it with ranged), melee is my least favorite. Techs have a wide variety of effects, ranged style has way more variety, melee...feels too much the same and too limited. Each weapon needs more moves and more freedom, I think.

On 2007-08-07 08:38, Anduril wrote:
I'm not a big fan of melee combat. I feel it gets to confusing when you have multiple enemies and you can't hit the one you want to, and you're being attacked from all sides.

I've only had that problem when I accidentally locked on to something when wanting to do a strafing run with a gun (if a saber is equipped). The solution? Don't use the lock-on system. EVER. (Except by accident. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

ChaosStrike
Aug 8, 2007, 01:50 AM
I don't know I personally like Judo style fighting, you attack me I'll break your arm type thing, and for PSU I love watching the pretty techs and skills, bullets just don't look nearly as cool. (color changing bullets would be good though.)

AweOfShe
Aug 8, 2007, 08:25 AM
I like all three, but if I had to pick a favourite and a least favourite...
My least favourite would have to be ranged, because I find it boring as shit. My favourite would have to be melee, simply because my Newman is pretty damn awesome at it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

willym
Aug 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-08-07 05:34, Dhylec wrote:
I like playing as hybrid classes, so I (must) like them all. ;]

Agreed.
Also, I just started alts to really get into the different styles. I wish I started sooner!

MrNomad
Aug 8, 2007, 06:38 PM
I find techs boring, because almost any FT you see has either Diga or Dambarta...Zzzzzzzzz

Kylie
Aug 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
Skills, then bullets, then TECHnics.