PDA

View Full Version : New Ultimate Bullets

RegulusHikari
Aug 7, 2007, 01:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows what effects the new frag bullets are going to have.

Rifle: ???
Handgun: Penetrate
Twin Handguns: Penetrate
Shotgun: Charm
Machine Gun: Charge (:D)
Bow: Knockdown
Crossbow: Jellen
Grenade: High ATP and PP usage (I swear if it's anything like the first Bow Ult, I'll kill somebody.)
Laser Cannon: Low ATP (I better be missing something here >_>)
Card: ???

Really interested in what the Rifle and Laser are going to do, and whatever Charm is supposed to do. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-08-07 11:26 ]</font>

RedX
Aug 7, 2007, 01:24 PM
The 442 has charm. It makes enemies only attack the person that charmed it.

KamiSori
Aug 7, 2007, 01:24 PM
i hope we get that knockdown bow bullet.

RegulusHikari
Aug 7, 2007, 01:26 PM
...Wow, I was expecting the opposite. >_>

I thought it'd be useful for PTs, getting the enemies AWAY from you, but I guess brining them in to trap or kite them isn't so bad either.

Tita
Aug 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
huh huh, twin penetrate, heh heh.

i can't wait for the charm bullet to come out. i'm getting that one for both my forteG and 'tranny... i just need more PA space for my 'tranny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
(and it's the 441 who has the charm shottie bullet)

Para
Aug 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
Sigh more bullet levelling...

For sure Im getting the knockdown, penetrate and MAYBE the jellen...

beatrixkiddo
Aug 7, 2007, 01:37 PM
Yak Maga rocks, I think it has some sort of DFP-ignoring factor to it too o:

majorgamer55
Aug 7, 2007, 01:46 PM
i do believe that rifle ult will be mayalee shot but im not 100% sure, i mean in the photon arts section of the database it shows many unreleased ults

RegulusHikari
Aug 7, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-08-07 11:46, majorgamer55 wrote:
i do believe that rifle ult will be mayalee shot but im not 100% sure, i mean in the photon arts section of the database it shows many unreleased ults

Yes, but what will it DO? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2007, 01:58 PM
Hmm. Charm given to shotgun. Hmm. Guess that means it'll take that natural ability from Lower HP folk with masteries of Twin Handguns and Machineguns.

Didn't expect to need Shotguns, but now I might have to get one just for that, and maintain the claim of chief distractor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-07 12:00 ]</font>

Kuya
Aug 7, 2007, 02:01 PM
Gah - thank goodness there's nothing there I want. I still have to level shotgun and xbow bullets. I don't even have time for those! XD

Anduril
Aug 7, 2007, 02:03 PM
I NEED those twin handgun bullets. The ability to damage more than one or two enemies with my Twins is what I've wanted since the moment I first used them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2007, 02:04 PM
The only bad about Charm on Shotgun, if that's what it does, is that it's a spreading weapon. Can get one into trouble quite quickly. The reason I like Machine or Twins for monster attracting is mainly because not only are they easy to spread, but they are also just as simple to ping any one distant individual for distraction. (Eg. In a mixed group, targetting just the slow but deadly ones for aggression)

The Twin Handgun bullets? Yeah, I'm getting them. Though it's a shame they're making me use more of my Bullet Arts. My open slots are getting very low. But since they'll be adding a Twin Handgun bullet that I haven't taken past 21 yet, my hands are forced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-07 12:06 ]</font>

amtalx
Aug 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
Wow...I need new pants after looking at that list.

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
Adding Jellen to that Crossbow is yet another tool designed for Crossbows to give Go Vahras, the Finger. Now there will be too many bullets, and now I'm going to start having to decide which ones to keep and which ones to drop. Hmmm. That expansion can't come soon enough.

Dragwind
Aug 7, 2007, 02:26 PM
Wow, these new PA's sure will add up some more flavor to gameplay and strategy... all the more need for AoI's PA swapping sort of deal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

shotsfired
Aug 7, 2007, 03:19 PM
so, we really don't know what the rifle one is?? the "knockback".... is that like the laser cannon, kind of stutters them back?

Siertes
Aug 7, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-08-07 12:09, Akaimizu wrote:
Adding Jellen to that Crossbow is yet another tool designed for Crossbows to give Go Vahras, the Finger. Now there will be too many bullets, and now I'm going to start having to decide which ones to keep and which ones to drop. Hmmm. That expansion can't come soon enough.

Same here. I'm going to have to think seriously about which bullets I want to keep now. I've begun weeding out my Handgun bullets, and I'll probably get rid of Mayalee Fury too, but after that I hope ST doesn't come out with too many more cool bullets.

Hatemachine
Aug 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
Lets hope it's more like the grenade launcher knockback that would be AWESOME to send beasties flying around like ragdolls pile the bodies into a corner for the melee psychos to just harvest like corn in the midwest.

Not to sure the shotgun one is a very good idea use that on a massive group of volfus or just even small fry enemies in general and watch the hilarity of this poor little ranger running with an armada of mini knee munchers chasing the poor guy LOL.

Nevermind the chance for hilarity and people screaming GETTEM OFFA ME!!!! or OH GOD OH GOD what was I thinking makes it worth it.

A damage booster for grenades actually sounds quite nice kinda makes it into a weapon that it's meant to be heavy and hard hitting
sounds like a grenade launcher to me.

The twin pistols could be interesting but far as im concerned the maylee shot and the regular elemental shots makes the pistols my meat and potatoes when running so this one just seems like kinda a waste since I have all ele bullets and can tailor the guns to the run violating defense just seems useless when you can just damage them with their opposing element AND SE them.

Still AOI is gonna be a blast cant wait.

majorgamer55
Aug 7, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-08-07 11:57, RegulusHikari wrote:

On 2007-08-07 11:46, majorgamer55 wrote:

Yes, but what will it DO? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

same thing as tiwin mayalee: lowers defense

Zael
Aug 7, 2007, 04:48 PM
No... Mayalee does not mean Lower Defense.

RedX
Aug 7, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-08-07 13:59, Hatemachine wrote:
Not to sure the shotgun one is a very good idea use that on a massive group of volfus or just even small fry enemies in general and watch the hilarity of this poor little ranger running with an armada of mini knee munchers chasing the poor guy LOL.

The way i see it, it is more of a PT BA. You round up a lot of enemies and then unload your AoE PA's. Once you get high level PT you don't really have to worry about damage, as you have so much health.

pikachief
Aug 7, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-08-07 14:55, RedX wrote:

On 2007-08-07 13:59, Hatemachine wrote:

The way i see it, it is more of a PT BA. You round up a lot of enemies and then unload your AoE PA's. Once you get high level PT you don't really have to worry about damage, as you have so much health.

bring them in with the shotty then switch to twin peircing to kill them all!

CelestialBlade
Aug 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
Penetrate?! Hot shit, I know what my Twin Handguns are getting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HFlowen
Aug 7, 2007, 06:35 PM
*Prays that Phantasam Prisim will make the cannon useful....*

Gryffin
Aug 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
'Phantasm'... Lower ATP... Unlimited PP?

I still think some weapons should have like, special effect sort of things. A handgun that adds no ATP but has unlimited PP..... A Laser Cannon that doesn't pierce because it explodes on the first target.. Cards that shoot one blade, but it chases three enemies. Lol. I just want some RANDOMNESS...

Maybe I'll get lucky and some of these will deliver~

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 7, 2007, 06:50 PM
I hope the new Bullets are good, The one we have right now arn't that great >>

HFlowen
Aug 7, 2007, 06:51 PM
Unlimited PP + Cannon glitch..... buhaha.

Gryffin
Aug 7, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-08-07 16:51, HFlowen wrote:

And thats why I said it <3

LoneDespo
Aug 7, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-08-07 16:35, HFlowen wrote:
*Prays that Phantasam Prisim will make the cannon useful....*

Phantasm prism is supposed to add sleep, I think. Considering how laser cannons go...lvl 1 SE? D:

Really interested in the rifle PA though. Any word on its effect yet? I assumed sleep since the Endrum rifle casts use something like it.
Also, the bow PA sounds like win if it hits stun + wipeout + area effect. Same thing with twin mayalee, assuming that the range + atp wasn't gimped horribly.

biggabertha
Aug 7, 2007, 08:25 PM
If Phantasm Prism allows you to hit multiple hit points on the same enemy, THAT would make it worth getting. Se you later De Ragan/De Ragnus/Dulk Fakis/Loads of enemies with three or more hit zones...

Mua hua hua... That would be so damn cool!

Does anyone think that the new Bow Bullet is going to be as slow as Chousei-Sou? That's the only real thing that makes Chousei-Sou not-so-good.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 7, 2007, 08:30 PM
not really interested in any of these as a fighgunner

Twin penetrate sounds good, but I really only use dualies on large enemies or flying enemies or something so it's not really needed.

Xbow, couldn't hurt to have another debuff, especially if there is the dfp ignore thing someone said

Mechgun, maybe, depends how strong it is really

THE JACKEL

RegulusHikari
Aug 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-08-07 18:25, biggabertha wrote:
If Phantasm Prism allows you to hit multiple hit points on the same enemy, THAT would make it worth getting. Se you later De Ragan/De Ragnus/Dulk Fakis/Loads of enemies with three or more hit zones...

Mua hua hua... That would be so damn cool!

Does anyone think that the new Bow Bullet is going to be as slow as Chousei-Sou? That's the only real thing that makes Chousei-Sou not-so-good.

Yea, the thing's a piece of junk, seriously. It would be pretty amazing if it wasn't for the 3 times longer shooting speed. Higher PP cost would have been fine, but what's the point of doing 10-20% more damage if it's at least 50% slower? -_-;

chibiLegolas
Aug 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
twin penetrate:
I can't believe ST censored phrases like porked, SD, toss, etc., but let us say twin penetrate.
>_>

But yea, I wonder if it'll turn duallies into mini lazers, or just let you hit more target areas on the same enemy...

And Jellen on crossbows? So THAT'S what my PM have been doing. (ranger PM in red dress/ blue hair). DIdn't realize it was a specific ult PA.

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-08-07 16:54, Gryffin wrote:

OMG I NEED THAT PA! <3

RegulusHikari
Aug 8, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-08-08 10:41, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-08-07 16:54, Gryffin wrote:

OMG I NEED THAT PA! <3

It's not like it's confirmed yet. -_-
Besides I'd rather do normal damage, have an element and a SE, use the exploit (it's not a glitch), and pop a charge instead.

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 01:53 PM
i dont understand the mechchine gun one....

and another Rifle? you got everything u need.

or they could hav Joker Shot: Neutral; can randomly place any status effect. (all status effects included; sleep; stun; freeze; jellen; all that)

RegulusHikari
Aug 8, 2007, 02:01 PM
Well, the new Mech says "Drains meseta instead of PP for high damage" or some such like that.

Now, that seems to imply the mech will never run out of bullets. (which is good, because if it ate through PP, we'd spend EVEN MORE meseta recharging it >_>)

Can't wait for more console flamers to use this bullet for their arguments. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

why don't you just Meseta Fury you're way through the mission, n33b

AC9breaker
Aug 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
I'm really interested in the new Bow PA. Should be sweet and help with a soloing Protranser. I have a feeling the new Grenede Launcher PA is gonna be Chousei-Sou reborn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The charge Machine Gun PA is gonna own on PC/PS2 servers lol. Assuming of course its just like PSO charge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-08-08 12:10 ]</font>

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:07, AC9breaker wrote:
I'm really interested in the new Bow PA. Should be sweet and help with a soloing Protranser. I have a feeling the new Laser PA is gonna be the Chousei-Sou reborn for laser. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

how so? with the laser glitch thats insane attacking! it could do a hundered a shot with a thunder canon and i'd be happy cuz it wouldnt run out in liek 10 seconds when i use it! XD

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well they have to run out of money eventually. Maybe it will do some good to chew up some of that meseta.

AC9breaker
Aug 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
yeah I meant Grenade Launcher not laser, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

darkante
Aug 8, 2007, 02:12 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:01, RegulusHikari wrote:
Well, the new Mech says "Drains meseta instead of PP for high damage" or some such like that.

Now, that seems to imply the mech will never run out of bullets. (which is good, because if it ate through PP, we'd spend EVEN MORE meseta recharging it >_>)

Can't wait for more console flamers to use this bullet for their arguments. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

why don't you just Meseta Fury you're way through the mission, n33b

This starts to bring some memories from PSO, there every Hucast or RaCast player like spammed the meseta charge all the time like crasy with a machine gun.
So every second i saw like -200 meseta..
There like "OMG, the damage is so l33t and at the sametime very repetive spamming this but..who cares?" And they keep on spamming like it were *Power ------> Fun*

Now that was irritating...>.>...
Hopefully, i can tolerate the spam charge thing this time...<.<

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:01, RegulusHikari wrote:

OH its Meseta Fury!

cause he said 'charge' as if it were like charging up a weapon or sumthin.

and maybe PC can drain there economy back to normal XD

theres no way in hell 360 users are gonna get this. atleast average ones.

maybe ppl like HULK and ZT that buy meseta can use it; cause they can always buy more >.>

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:16, Rashiid wrote:
OH its Meseta Fury!

cause he said 'charge' as if it were like charging up a weapon or sumthin.

and maybe PC can drain there economy back to normal XD

theres no way in hell 360 users are gonna get this. atleast average ones.

maybe ppl like HULK and ZT that buy meseta can use it; cause they can always buy more >.>

I'm gonna get it. I was practically married to my Baranz Launcher in PSO. But now that I don't have meseta pouring out of my ears, I will have to be more reserved with my usage. Leveling this is going to make Killer Shot leveling look like chump change.

Golto
Aug 8, 2007, 02:50 PM
Maybe ST would be nice and have maylee charge only cost 1 meseta per shot lvl 1-10, nah its going to be 200 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RegulusHikari
Aug 8, 2007, 05:16 PM
I'm just hoping that the Rifle isn't a rip off of another bullet. I don't want it to be sleep either (worst SE, IMO). Piercing Killer Shot maybe? XD

You know, I'd like to see the Laser bounce off walls or something crazy. >_> I hope it isn't faster shooting speed. XD 'Phantasm' really doesn't give us many leads, but at least it's better than the generic Mayalee (which I think should have been dropped, what's wrong with Twin Zalure or Drain Hit?).

I wonder if the last SE of the unknown list here http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2443 will be used...

PMB960
Aug 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
That last one is probably that Attract SE on the Ult Shotgun PA.

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 06:22 PM
Charm is a pink heart icon.

Kylie
Aug 8, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hm, the twin handguns one interests me, and I do like charm... But Idunno, I'm usually trying to avoid enemies, and attracting them might mess up my game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 07:45 PM
Charm would add alot more to gameplay and stratagem.

I could see my PT charming a large group of badria into a forces circle of death/range.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-08 17:46 ]</font>

Gen2000
Aug 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
Charm could end up being pretty awesome in 3+ parties depending on easy it is to land.

Gunner: Charms a mob in a neat bunch in a corner.
Other Gunners/Techers: Proceeds to execute/nuke said mob without drawing aggro. Almost sounds broken in some ways (Shotgun SEs is always SE2 but maybe they'll tone it down to SE1 to prevent such abuse?).