PDA

View Full Version : Most Useful PA's (Seeking Opinion)

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm wondering what the most useful PA's are for melee and tech classes? I'm a human and I want to be able to do a little bit of everything. I have to choose my PA's careful until AoI when we can just convert them to disk. So which are the most useful PA's for each melee weapon and each tech element? I've got guns covered http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Love,
Fox Makenshi

mrlion
Aug 7, 2007, 03:05 PM
Pretty much all PA Fragmented PAs and techs at level 15+

Anduril
Aug 7, 2007, 03:06 PM
I can kinda help with TECHS. Foie is a good fire tech since it has a 270% multiplier at lvl30 with SE4 Burn. Rabarta is probably the strongest Ice TECH, though it takes some time to get used to it. I hear Nosdiga and Noszonde are good techs for earth and lightning, though they are UltPAs and have a high PP cost. I'm not a fan of dark techs so I've never used any of them. As for light, they are all pretty useful, since until Regrant comes out they are all support techs. Hope that kinda helps.

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 7, 2007, 03:20 PM
My human is doing FG/GT/WT/fF, want me to give my pallete list? Because I do every single job without any limitations.

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 7, 2007, 03:22 PM
Sure if you want, it would definitely help.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 7, 2007, 03:27 PM
Melee
Tornado Break
Dus Daggas
Spiral Dance
Anga Redda
Rising Crush
Renkai Buyou-zan
Hishou Jinren-zan
Renzan Seidan-ga
Rising Strike
Buten Shuren-zan
Senten Kanzan-ga

Bullets
Ensei-sou
Reisei-sou
Twin Burn
Twin Freeze
Twin Rising
Frozen Hit
Yak Banga
Yak Megiga
Ensei-shiki
Reisei-shiki
Raisei-shiki
Jusei-shiki
Yousei-shiki
Insei-shiki
Plasma Fury

Technics
Foie
Shifta
Dambarta
Deband
Zodial
Diga
Damdiga
Resta
Reverser
Retier

So far I haven't had any problems...And I've played a good bit with all the classes.

EDIT: If this helps I would take out Damdiga if I ever wanted to learn another PA. I just was doing a lot of Parum Runs for a bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2007-08-07 13:35 ]</font>

MrNomad
Aug 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-08-07 13:27, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
Melee
Tornado Break
Dus Daggas
Spiral Dance
Anga Redda
Rising Crush
Renkai Buyou-zan
Hishou Jinren-zan
Renzan Seidan-ga
Rising Strike
Buten Shuren-zan
Senten Kanzan-ga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Konstanse_Xx on 2007-08-07 13:35 ]</font>
I would add Dus Robado, its can do a much better job at mob control than tornado break, besides, you dont need dus daggas, thats what anga redda is for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
I'm mainly a Wartecher so Dus Daggas is there because of that. I'm contemplating switching out Redda for Dugrega. and I don't feel like using a charge and switching PAs so often.

Though as a Wartecher I just find myself spamming Buten like a madman, along with Rising Crush.

Hm..

Mystil
Aug 7, 2007, 07:33 PM
Redda burns through PP at lvl21. Between single claw PA and Redda, it's hard to say which blows through PP faster. I can run through 3 charges using redda(38% ice) exclusively against Tengohs in Demons Above. And this is on a 320+PP weapon. You can add the second twin claw PA to that list, I think it's call Seiden Shousen-ga?? I'm bad with yomhei PA names The one with the shoryuken at the end lol. High damage modifier and you can control where you want go Street Fighter apeshit on someone.

MrNomad
Aug 7, 2007, 08:21 PM
When it comes to PAs, its only logical that you'll burn pp a lot. If you cant control redda then I dunno what to tell you, either you're not using it right or if it helps just use the first two combos. Dugrega is a nice PA too, you can easily counter S mobs with its first combo. Its about two points cheaper than redda, although it wont do as much damage total as redda. dugrega is meant more for scattering mobs than to deal big damage like redda, and redda has more control over enemies than dugrega.

MrNomad
Aug 7, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-08-07 17:14, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
I'm mainly a Wartecher so Dus Daggas is there because of that. I'm contemplating switching out Redda for Dugrega. and I don't feel like using a charge and switching PAs so often.

Though as a Wartecher I just find myself spamming Buten like a madman, along with Rising Crush.

Hm..

For Redda and Dugrega, why exactly do you wanna switch PAs? As for your WT, sound like mine is gonna go the same road as yours, except isntead of spears he's gonna use knuckles also. I'm still not sure what PAs to give him, but since you're a WT you also must have some spells ready? Its not a bad idea to implement them to your game, and not just healing and buffing, I mean attacks and debuffing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Aug 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
Dus Daggas
Renkai
Single Claw PA

Aka
Aug 7, 2007, 08:44 PM
Agrees with Rena.

Daggus and Renkai are pretty much the best DPS Melee PAs out there.

I often use other PAs depending on situation though. Rising crush for crowd control, Buten and Assault Crush for a single target enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aka on 2007-08-07 18:59 ]</font>

Zorafim
Aug 7, 2007, 11:46 PM
Um, I can do fF weapons, but I don't have experience with anything else.

Axe: Dugrega. Bad for weak enemies, great for strong ones. Redda is more generic, but I'm sure you'll have enough of those.
Spear: Daggas. Its stuns are too far away for my taste, but its damage is second to none. I'll keep an eye out on the final PA once it comes out.
Sword: Gravity. It doesn't matter that it isn't out, it's just amazing.
Twin claws: Final PA. It's generic, so it'll get you through most situations quite well. The other two are too specialize for your situation.
Single claw: good question. They complement each other well, but neither really stands alone. The first one is great for damage and utility, but it drains PP like nobody's business. The second one, contrarily, is great for everything but damage. Pick the pretty one, I suppose.
Fists: toss up between Robado and danga. Robado tears things apart, but is rather heavy on the PP. Danga is more PP friendly, but its damage is less, and the last hit is tricky to work with.
Dagger: First PA. It just rocks.

ChronoTrigga
Aug 8, 2007, 05:13 AM
All crossbow skills are good for a pure xbow fortegunner (especially if you're looking to inflict some major SE on anything that doesn't require SE4

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 8, 2007, 07:43 AM
@MrNomad I hate debuffing, I just don't do it at all to be honest. And I think it's just where I've been lately, because I find Dambarta to be awesome in Linear Line against those Deljaban maps. Rightn ow I'm spending time on Neudaiz, I just find myself using Dambarta against the Ollakas when they have the leader formation going on, then when some are frozen using Buten/Rising Crush to scatter, then using the fans to pick off the last few that managed to make their way out of the spell range.

And about switching Dugrega/Redda...I HATE KOMATOZE XD. I saw a friend use DUgrega against them..and it worked quite well.

But..Redda is amazing when used right, I love the damage output on it. My CAST has Redda at 26, I have no idea though how it is at 21, and I hear it's a pain to raise. <.<

MrNomad
Aug 8, 2007, 09:50 AM
On 2007-08-08 05:43, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
@MrNomad I hate debuffing, I just don't do it at all to be honest. And I think it's just where I've been lately, because I find Dambarta to be awesome in Linear Line against those Deljaban maps. Rightn ow I'm spending time on Neudaiz, I just find myself using Dambarta against the Ollakas when they have the leader formation going on, then when some are frozen using Buten/Rising Crush to scatter, then using the fans to pick off the last few that managed to make their way out of the spell range.

And about switching Dugrega/Redda...I HATE KOMATOZE XD. I saw a friend use DUgrega against them..and it worked quite well.

But..Redda is amazing when used right, I love the damage output on it. My CAST has Redda at 26, I have no idea though how it is at 21, and I hear it's a pain to raise. <.<

Oh ya, Its tough for me when it comes to the two axe PAs. If you have trouble deciding, well here's some advice:
Ange Redda with Rising Strike do well together. Since Redda has slow startup AND the first hit doesnt flinch, it helps to use ris strk first to launch any enemies before you take out the axe. The strong point is with Redda you'll do most damage.

Anga Dugrega is a PA that works on its own however, and it's actually pretty good on your PP count. Not only that but Dug is ALL about control and scatter when it comes to mobs and big enemies, I mean the first hit is a knockback, and great damage too! Dug lets you fight worms, S rank mobs, and All kinds of Big monsters (with the exception of Bil de Ver)with much damage and ease!

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 8, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hmm...I'll give it a shot. Redda is fast to level, so that's not so bad going Dugrega. It'll take a few minutes at most to bring back Redda if I deicde to stick with that. ;x

Kylie
Aug 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
My favorites for the skills (out of what I used) are:

Anga Redda (axe)
Shousen Totsuzan-ga (claw)
Buten Shuren-zan (dagger)
Gravity Dance (double saber)
Bogga Robado (knuckles)
Dus Robado (spear)
Tornado Break (sword)
Rensan Senshou-ga (claws)
Renkai Buyou-zan (daggers)
Moubu Seiran-zan (daggers)
Rising Crush (sabers)

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
well since there is a topic for this already, are there any useful dam spells besides dambarta?

im making a fortecher and so far i've got the normal spells i like (foie and diga)

the gi spells i like (giresta, gizonde, and about to get gidiga)

the ra spells i like(rafoie, rabarta, and ramegid)

the support spells i like(all buffs, healing, and atp and dfp debuffs)

i got the nos spells and megiverse. is tehre any other really good spells out yet? or any good dam spells besides dambarta? or do i pretty much have all the good spells?

Konstanse_Xx
Aug 8, 2007, 01:31 PM
I like Damdiga second best, it also flinches and is good against Go Vahras

majan
Aug 8, 2007, 02:04 PM
pesronal favorites are personal favorites,but the real truth is that it all depends.every PA is good for something,be it crowd control,high damage in small areas for boss fights or large enemies,or something to control big enemies and do crowd control in one fell swoop.

dus daggas:I think is a must for any melee class.the damage multiplier is pretty high and it does a lot of damage in a very short amount of time.very,very ideal for boss fights and large enemies i.e drua gohras,kamatoze,polavohras.

gravity dance:fighgunner only,of course,but this one is premier when it comes to crowd control.it hits 2-3-3 targets and has a pretty good amount of hits.while its somewhat slow,it is very,very useful for crowd control.the final hit also pops up and does pretty high damage.

tornado dance:again,fighgunner only,but if you dotn get gravity dance,and hell,even if you do have gravity dance,spring the 99 pa frags and buy tornado dance.it is THE most useful melee art in the game,when used wisely and sparingly of course.it can travel you distances far faster than running,and it knocks over/sends flying anything in your path.thats right:anything.does fairly high damage too so its reasonably useful against bosses.the best part is you dont even have to level it up for it to be useful.

renkai bouyo-zan(sp.):once again,very very useful in the crowd control department.any melee class can use this.with good % daggers, you will be doing intensely high damage as well.highly reccomended.

splendor crush:this one is flashier than most others,but it becomes very very useful when you have the third combo.it hits 3 targets 4 times for popup+popup+popup+send flying. very useful,and can do very high damage to things iwth multiple targets,like large enemies and bosses.third combo is also extermely useful for crowd control.playing keep-it-up with go vahras is a very efficient way of keeping those buffed ones from 1-shotting you.

gravity strike / rising strike:saber pas-both rather useful in many ways.gravity does a hell of a lot of damage but it doesnt do much in terms of crowd control and pop-up and whatnot.the last 2 hits are all taht do very much in that department.rising strike is quite the opposite-it pops up and knocks back a lot faster tahn gravity but at the cost of doing a lot less damage.

bogga zubba:a poor man's tornado dance.extremely useful-always pops up.huge against big enemies and bosses.stunlock ftw.

yak zagenga:its a pain the ass to level up,but this is one of hte most broken skills in the entire game.low hp=more damage and when thats x2 or x3 bullets each,it adds up to a hell of a lot of damage.fast firing with strafing?and you have something thats rather comparable to a shotgun without using both hands and being able to strafe.Im positive that yak zagenga can probably outdps almost any shotgun bullet.get it,try it.

anga redda:a LOT of damage.second combo pops up,and third knocks away.highly suggested over the other axe pa.levels up faster and is a lot more useful in damage and crowd control both.

thats about all i got for now.good luck