PDA

View Full Version : I wonder about the Twin penetration Ult P.A

darkante
Aug 8, 2007, 09:01 AM
As i Fortegunner, i really like the Twin Handguns the most but from what i have noticed...itīs like the worst weapon there with the current BA...Crossbow owns it badly i have to admit :S

Then i heard about this BA...

When will it get released? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

It sounds so uber and yet so kinky. o.O

Sasamichan
Aug 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
Hehe, whoever thought of that name had to be the most perverted developer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, by the naming of this PA, my guess it ignores def just like bows. Will be released on the next JP update.

Esufer
Aug 8, 2007, 09:50 AM
I'm guessing the bullets act like a laser cannon's actually.

Well, not guessing. Using common sense.

And also, double penetrationlol.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
You can't even say it's name in-game. It's Frozen S#$%%^ all over again!!

Esufer
Aug 8, 2007, 09:59 AM
On 2007-08-08 07:58, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
You can't even say it's name in-game. It's Frozen S#$%%^ all over again!!

I've only ever seen people say it as "Frozen Shota."

I lolled.

Shiryuu
Aug 8, 2007, 10:00 AM
Nah, it doesn't ignore defense. It just acts like a laser cannon.

I'm gonna be twin penetrating some female newman servants or female rogues tonight. (if I have enough frags after majarra)

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 8, 2007, 10:01 AM
a lot of people think highly of this PA, but as a fighgunner I find I'll hardly use it. Only using dualies on enemies like Jarba and tengohg and on bosses when they fly, I really don't see when this would come in too handy for me.

THE JACKEL

Esufer
Aug 8, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-08-08 08:00, Shiryuu wrote:
Nah, it doesn't ignore defense. It just acts like a laser cannon.

I'm gonna be twin penetrating some female newman servants or female rogues tonight. (if I have enough frags after majarra)

Why not go and penetrate the De Ragan?

Twice the mouths - Twice the penetration!

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2007, 10:12 AM
Like every other Twin Handgun bullet, I'll put these to a good test. And yes, I love Twin Handguns, and I actually find current uses for them. Especially for long range monster distraction, plus still nice damage.

Golto
Aug 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
At higher lvls for Fortegunners lvl 21+ twin handguns really start to do good damage. The bullets have good element % and damage %. I can do more total damage than someone using a highly grinded bow with the same element and similar bullet lvls.

This ulta pa's usefullness will be determined by its pp usage, damage %, and range limitations if any.

Jakosifer
Aug 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
If the PP for this PA is higher than Twin Mayalee, I won't be getting it.

CelestialBlade
Aug 8, 2007, 11:15 AM
This is going to be a great PA for classes like Fortegunner and Guntecher, especially the latter. The only real effective way a Guntecher can attack an entire mob at once is to use a Laser Cannon, and those blow for the most part. But with Twin Sex (which is what it's called from now on), we have a much better alternative now. Waste away an entire mob with a laser cannon in each hand, that you can still be nimble on your feet with. God I want this PA.

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
Funny you mention that. Guntecher is specifically, a one enemy, one target point at a time class, with provisions to spread Status Effects. Outside of the Laser Cannon (most importantly, Mayalee Prism), I simply considered that as a Guntecher class weakness for somebody else to aid with.

The thought is rather nice, though. Still, it comes down to PP cost and whatever limitations it has, we don't know about. Not sure if it's pass-through, or something something that ignores bullet defense. The latter wouldn't be bad (pre-expansion), as usually the GT is stuck with DoT Status Effects as their only workaround for those situations. And if that comes, then I wouldn't be surprised to see more monsters with bullet resistances where Status Effect level 4s have a near impossible time landing. I've already seen some that act that way, and talk about ultimate vulnerability. It's called use a couple thousand worth of G traps, in the encounter, and survive by the skin of your teeth until they drop.

"Bows do help, but only on the slow ones. Uber fast attackers, with these level of defenses, are definitely Guntecher nightmare departments. In comparison to other enemies, that is."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-08 09:38 ]</font>

watashiwa
Aug 8, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-08-08 08:04, Esufer wrote:

I think you mean De Ragnus. >_<

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-08-08 09:25, Akaimizu wrote:
Funny you mention that. Guntecher is specifically, a one enemy, one target point at a time class, with provisions to spread Status Effects. Outside of the Laser Cannon (most importantly, Mayalee Prism), I simply considered that as a Guntecher class weakness for somebody else to aid with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-08 09:38 ]</font>

hmm with multipule bullet weapons (shottys Xbows twin pistols, cards) i thought they would be the opposite, along with bows and rifles for status effects :/

i probably didnt realize it cuz i dont play as guntecher.

oh well , their still my favorite class http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2007, 12:56 PM
Xbows only prove their damage if the Guntecher is point-blanking the enemies. At a distance, where multiple bullets don't hit a single monster, the Twin Handgun or Cards are more useful to concentrate the damage on one monster. When spread out, the Xbow mainly functions as a SE spreader.

The main idea is that all their weapons that actually spread, trade off a lot of damage when they actually are used for more than one monster at a time. All their good damage options hit one monster. This is unlike the other classes, which do have good direct damage options against a group, either by Multiple monster-hitting Skill PAs, techniques which hit an entire cluster hard, or Grenade Launchers, and the like.

Cards are convenient by their ability to track, but they aren't used for multiple monsters. Generally, they're one monster at a time, functions, and are a slow weapon for any attempts to spread status effects across a group. Twins easily repeat faster and spread faster, but don't spread effects as fast as the triple bullet Xbow. Twins are good distant damage dealers, but your choice is to either concentrate a lot on one, or the same amount divided across a group (not the same good damage amount per individual for the group, as the other options other classes have).

Landing DoT Status effects across the group is the main way a GT can see big damage numbers across a group. Actually, their only way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-08 11:03 ]</font>

Esufer
Aug 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-08-08 09:59, watashiwa wrote:

On 2007-08-08 08:04, Esufer wrote:

I think you mean De Ragnus. >_<

I mean gtfo