PDA

View Full Version : Deragan's Breath Trap?

60Hz
Aug 8, 2007, 11:30 AM
any info on this???

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
It's a trap.

Akaimizu
Aug 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
Thank you Admiral Akbar...but does that mean that the shields are still fully operational?

I'm actually curious about this, as I've never heard even a rumor about this breath trap. Outside of a bunch of Vandas, that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-08 09:35 ]</font>

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
There is also a fireworks trap as per mewns file dump. A firework effect would tie into the next neudaiz decorations.

EDIT: yea, thought so.

Traps

De Ragan's Breath - 'Fireworks made to look the breath of a De Ragan. Multiple units can be set at once. Item max: 30'
Fireworks - 'Fireworks for a dazzling display. Multiple units can be set at once. Item max: 30'
Freeze Trap EX - 'A new trap model that activates for a set period of time. Adds freezing effects. Item max: 10'
Stun Trap EX - 'A new trap model that activates for a set period of time. Adds freezing effects. Item max: 10'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-08 09:42 ]</font>

Mr_Confused
Aug 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-08-08 09:37, HFlowen wrote:
There is also a fireworks trap as per mewns file dump. A firework effect would tie into the next neudaiz decorations.

EDIT: yea, thought so.

Traps

De Ragan's Breath - 'Fireworks made to look the breath of a De Ragan. Multiple units can be set at once. Item max: 30'
Fireworks - 'Fireworks for a dazzling display. Multiple units can be set at once. Item max: 30'
Freeze Trap EX - 'A new trap model that activates for a set period of time. Adds freezing effects. Item max: 10'
Stun Trap EX - 'A new trap model that activates for a set period of time. Adds freezing effects. Item max: 10'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-08-08 09:42 ]</font>

OMG gib NAO!!!!11!

60Hz
Aug 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
item max: 30! sounds delightful! hmm and those EX traps sound sexy... stun trap finally! probably wont be getting those until AOI i'm sure... but this friday deragan breath! YESH!

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 12:10 PM
http://mewn.psupedia.info/PSU/PSU%20Items.txt

Lot of good stuff in there.

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 12:14 PM
The EX traps are probably backwash from initial programming. We probably wont see them untill AoI.

pikachief
Aug 8, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-08-08 10:14, HFlowen wrote:
The EX traps are probably backwash from initial programming. We probably wont see them until AoI.

yea and they'll probably update the non-AOI users still so they don't just leave if they're not ready for the expansion (for whatever reason :/)

AC9breaker
Aug 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
I just hope some of these traps are PT exclusive. I'm a little jealous of my Fortegunner gunner counterparts and their S ranks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

EspioKaos
Aug 8, 2007, 01:50 PM
As long as it stays like it was in the beta of Ambition of the Illuminus, the EX trap series will be exclusive to Protransers.

The official English site (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20070807a) shows some shots of fireworks exploding from the ground in the Shikon Islands. I imagine these are De Ragan's Breath, though they don't exactly remind me of it.

Anyway, what are the chances that these might be usable by any type? For some reason I kind of get the feeling that anyone will be able to use these, even if they aren't part Ranger.

AC9breaker
Aug 8, 2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm willing to bet the farm that EVERYONE will be able to use Deragans breath. Sega can be so predicable at times.

ChaosStrike
Aug 8, 2007, 02:37 PM
IS it going to be one of those sucky novelty items or do you think it might actually be worth stocking up on?

Siertes
Aug 8, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:37, ChaosStrike wrote:
IS it going to be one of those sucky novelty items or do you think it might actually be worth stocking up on?

Novelty items like this are always worth stocking up on!! Depending on the price, I'll be getting stacks of them.

HFlowen
Aug 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
Buy stack, PM, buy stack, PM, Buy stack, gift wrap, PM

Siertes
Aug 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:43, HFlowen wrote:
Buy stack, PM, buy stack, PM, Buy stack, gift wrap, PM

We should all work to make the new currency of the PC/PS2 servers fireworks.

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
I feel they are going to be visual novelty items (read: no damage given to creatures) usable by any character.

Sinue_v2
Aug 8, 2007, 04:46 PM
Fireworks in the form of traps is a very pimp idea. I remember having a lot of fun playing with the various fireworks on FFXI - but many of them were kind of, underwhelming. PSU seems to be a game which could provide a more intimate and spectacular show with different fireworks. If everyone in a party of six is able to lay down one trap each, and synchronise their detonation - it could provide some pretty spiffy effects.

I just wish they weren't limited time items.