PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Is it possible?

Sha Sha
Aug 8, 2007, 01:08 PM
Is it possible...to be a complete Support Force.
Thats my Goal on my Force To be a COMPLETE SUPPORT FORCE. Meaning No attacking. just buffs, debuffs and healing. how would you react if someone come to your party and only healed, buffed and debuffed?
Do you think its possible?
Yes it would mean No soloing however wouldn't a pure support force be needed?
tell me PSWO what do YOU think?

Anduril
Aug 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
I do that on occasion, just Buff and heal. I find most people I play with in that style enjoy it since they can get as much EXP as possible without having to worry about dying.

majorgamer55
Aug 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
well i i know what u mean but it wouldnt be reaklly useful because believe or not i use every support except debuffs and still own with attacks but my advice if you do this only do it with a pro party, its a good idea though but like i said only with pro parties

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 01:15 PM
1 word.

Ryno.

RedX
Aug 8, 2007, 01:16 PM
I tried to do that, but then i discovered how awesome attacks techs were an abandoned the idea >.>

Sasamichan
Aug 8, 2007, 01:16 PM
It's possible, but I frown upon it. But at least you don't just have Resta and Reverser like some n00b did during Firebreak.

Otis_Kat
Aug 8, 2007, 01:18 PM
Possible, but don't expect a lot of pick up groups to accept you.

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 01:32 PM
Sure, but why? I mean, I can take care of the support stuff AND attack all at the same time.

Buffs can be given between spawns (there's a timing pattern to it, but an experienced force-type knows when their buffs are about to run out!).

Debuffs are really only useful on larger type creatrues. I suppose you could debuff a group of Badiras, but most of them would be dead by the time you cast your third debuff!

Resta and Reverser are situational; if nobody gets hit for a substantial amount of HP nor has any statuses applied, they do not need to be cast.

Given the above information, what would you do all mission? Once buffs have been cast, they last for awhile. After the currently spawned creatures are fully debuffed, would you then just go around with a resta/reverser wand in your hand waiting for someone to get hit? Would you heal after every hit, however slight? Would you find that fun?

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
Haha, don't hate on support forces. You seriously need to party with Ryno. The only downside is using Yak Zagenga is IMPOSSIBLE. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Took 47 damage? RESTA! RESTA! RESTA!

I play 90% support. I will only attack if all monsters are debuffed and all players are healed and buffed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-08-08 11:35 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Aug 8, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-08-08 11:16, Sasamichan wrote:
It's possible, but I frown upon it. But at least you don't just have Resta and Reverser like some n00b did during Firebreak.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ryna
Aug 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
Is it possible? Sure, you can make a pure support force. The only problem comes up when you are forced to solo. Certain party and Famitsu missions require you to deal with several enemy waves by yourself or with a small group of the overall party.

FUFME
Aug 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-08-08 11:08, Tsukuyo wrote:
Thats my Goal on my Force To be a COMPLETE SUPPORT FORCE. Meaning No attacking. just buffs, debuffs and healing. how would you react if someone come to your party and only healed, buffed and debuffed?

I can do all of that and attack. Just gotta be quick, ask anyone I play with

Niered
Aug 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
You wouldnt level up. That would be the biggest problem right there.

Secondly, an absolutely pure support force isnt necessarily needed. There may be times where you are buffing, debuffing, and healing MUCH more than you are attacking, but there are going to be moments that you dont need to do any of those things, and those are when you need to pull out the attack techniques.

FUFME
Aug 8, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-08-08 11:41, Niered wrote:

Actually Ive gotten Exp points just by Debuffing a monster w/o even using an attack

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 01:45 PM

Debuffs are actually the fastest way to level up. 21+ debuffs have a huge range. Very easy way to tag everything.

RedX
Aug 8, 2007, 01:48 PM

Debuffing counts as tagging. I know cause thats how i power leveled my force on jp. i cast jellen then my friend killed everything with megiverse.

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 01:48 PM
^ debuffs count as 'tagging'.

Ryno got to 90 in about 3-4 days; and he does NOTHING but support.

only attack spell he has is Rabarta and Gidiga ( i think foie but idk; he should be forced to have it but i think its Lv1 if so)

and only reason he uses rabarta is cause i BEGGED him to use sum type of attack spell. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

but he gets around easily and all he does is resta/reverser/buff/debuff.

i dont think ive ever seen a person w/o a buff or full heal w/ him in there......

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
i think he knows his mistake now >.>

Inazuma
Aug 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
its very possible to be 100% support force and never use any attacks. its also possible to be a fortegunner and never use guns.

my point is, you arent gonna be nearly as helpful to the party as you could be. after you cast your debuffs, you just plan on standing around doing nothing the whole time?

the ideal support force would be someone who buffs others and uses resta/regene to save others lives. the other 95% of the time, you should be killing monsters.

barrier techs mite change things though. if there is a player just spamming barriers nonstop, so everyone in the party is basically invincible, that mite be a big help.

PJ
Aug 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
If you did, being a CAST would be best, since TP is useless to you anyways, and you can atleast throw in bow/card damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'd never do it, but it could be lots of fun.

AT would be a better choice once its out, since it has better melee and arguably better range, and same support levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-08-08 12:09 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
Also, what about enemies that are bullet or melee resistant? You are more helpful to your party when you can assist in ALL aspects of teching (offensive and support), than just concentrating on one vs. the other.

I will say, though, that a 100% support force would be more accepted than a 100% offensive force.

MrNomad
Aug 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-08-08 12:14, JAFO22000 wrote:
Also, what about enemies that are bullet or melee resistant? You are more helpful to your party when you can assist in ALL aspects of teching (offensive and support), than just concentrating on one vs. the other.

I will say, though, that a 100% support force would be more accepted than a 100% offensive force.

I dunno, what kind of support and offense force you talking about? Cause A force using Razonde to para and some radiga for damage sounds pretty good to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 03:22 PM
I was just saying that a majority of the people would accept a force who did nothing but support over a force who did nothing but attack.

Sha Sha
Aug 8, 2007, 03:30 PM
It sounds like i should find Ryno and ask for some tips

Wallin
Aug 8, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:22, JAFO22000 wrote:
I was just saying that a majority of the people would accept a force who did nothing but support over a force who did nothing but attack.

I think the problem is having a character that does nothing most of the time. For example, you only buff the party every so often, and you only need to use debuffs once per wave, heal on occassion, and then...? Just stand around twiddling your thumbs waiting for people to take damage? It's usually pretty frowned upon for melee to be completely reckless and just throw themselves into harms way, and while hits do happen, I think most of the time they'd be standing around doing nothing.

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:30, Tsukuyo wrote:
It sounds like i should find Ryno and ask for some tips

indeed.

i out-supported him once in a support-off!

bwhahahah!

(so i cheated and had a Me / Quick; so what >.<)

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:41, Wallin wrote:
I think the problem is having a character that does nothing most of the time. For example, you only buff the party every so often, and you only need to use debuffs once per wave, heal on occassion, and then...? Just stand around twiddling your thumbs waiting for people to take damage? It's usually pretty frowned upon for melee to be completely reckless and just throw themselves into harms way, and while hits do happen, I think most of the time they'd be standing around doing nothing.

Yes, yes....I mentioned that exact point in a previous post in this thread. Did you read that?

amtalx
Aug 8, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:51, Rashiid wrote:

Lies and slander!

Wallin
Aug 8, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-08-08 13:54, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, yes....I mentioned that exact point in a previous post in this thread. Did you read that?

Nope, I'm at work right now so I'm only reading the recent stuff, sorry about that. ^_^

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 04:09 PM
np

Cz
Aug 8, 2007, 04:17 PM
if you play as a full supporter, I bet the enemies will hardly chase after you and hurt you at all unless you ran into their projectile or something. Btw, you can play however you like and see fit. No one is gonna limit you from doing so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Aug 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-08-08 14:01, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-08-08 13:51, Rashiid wrote:

Lies and slander!

Truths and.....

rawrr!!

JAFO22000
Aug 8, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-08-08 14:17, BunnyGirl wrote:
if you play as a full supporter, I bet the enemies will hardly chase after you and hurt you at all unless you ran into their projectile or something. Btw, you can play however you like and see fit. No one is gonna limit you from doing so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Debuffing pulls aggro. Sometimes, you have to be very careful about debuffing, or you can have 5-6 Volfu's chasing you!

OldCoot
Aug 8, 2007, 06:26 PM
You can do it but there are missions on Moatoob where Radiga or Diga rules. I would miss those very much if I was only support.

Esufer
Aug 8, 2007, 07:50 PM

You would never level up.

Sasamichan
Aug 8, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-08-08 17:50, Esufer wrote:

You would never level up.

Yes you will. Debuffing mobs will get you exp if they do get debuffed. As long as mobs get debuffed, you will get exp.

Otis_Kat
Aug 8, 2007, 08:17 PM
Anyone remember that one female cast force who was level 1 but 10 force? It was back before we even had expert classes and buff techs. All she did was resta and reverser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-08-08 18:20 ]</font>

Wallin
Aug 8, 2007, 08:32 PM
I remember that post, that was a LONG time ago though...

ThEoRy
Aug 8, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-08-08 18:17, Otis_Kat wrote:
Anyone remember that one female cast force who was level 1 but 10 force? It was back before we even had expert classes and buff techs. All she did was resta and reverser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-08-08 18:20 ]</font>

yeah i dont think that ever worked out too well