PDA

View Full Version : lvling PAs

Turb0
Aug 8, 2007, 08:59 PM
I just got the real game last week after playing the demo for a while so I'm not a complete n00b, but I had a question about leveling up PAs. In the demo, you could only level PAs to 20 so I've never had to worry about getting a 3rd combo before.

I bought an axe and not knowing which PA to get 1st, I got the 10k one and have it to level 11 now. Here's my question: When you look at the PA and it says 2 or 3 hits, is that how many combos it has? Like if it says 2, you don't get anything new after level 21, but if it says 3, you get another part added on at 21? I just don't want to waste my time leveling this PA up if it doesn't get anything else, because I want to level up the other axe PA too. Thanks.

White_Mage
Aug 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
yes.if it says three hits it three combos.n if it says two its only two combos

Turb0
Aug 8, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ok good, just wanted to make sure before I spent a lot of tonight leveling it up.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2007, 09:21 PM
Off the top of my head, the only PAs that do not gain extra combos are Rising Crush, and Bogga Zubba. There's probably a few more I haven't used that don't, but I know those two do not.

White_Mage
Aug 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
rising crush has three combos http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RedX
Aug 8, 2007, 09:36 PM
I think he meant Rising strike. cause that is one of them anyway.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2007, 09:41 PM
Huh, I thought someone told me Rising Crush doesn't... I know Rising Strike gets a combo... I swear..? >_>

Golto
Aug 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
Most 2 handed weapon pas gets a 3rd combo while all 1 handed melee pas stops at 2 combos.

Realmz
Aug 8, 2007, 10:01 PM
all one handed weapons only have two combos for their PA's. out of the two handed weapons, all of them have three hits, except for fists second PA (bogga Zubba or something..)

as a note, if a PA doesn't gain an addition combo, it will often get a larger boost in power and accuracy to compensate (or so i hear)

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2007, 10:06 PM
Ahhh, that makes sense. As a FF I haven't levelled single-bladed weapon PAs much. And yeah, it's Bogga Zubba that never gets a combo.

Turb0
Aug 8, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ok one more question. What's the fastest way to level this up? I just keep doing Crimson runs by myself which uses about 4 photon charges per mission, but then there's no one else to kill the creatures. Is there any faster way?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2007, 10:43 PM
Which one are you talking about? Redda, or Dugrega? Do you swing the axe like a bat, or do you charge forward with it?

Turb0
Aug 8, 2007, 11:16 PM
I'm talking about dugrega but I'll end up getting redda too.

beatrixkiddo
Aug 8, 2007, 11:22 PM
Ah, Dugrega. It's a pain to level up. I suggest fighting whichever tier De Ragan you can take 0 damage from, and just spamming it in between his legs, from either the left or the right. Bring lots of charges. Otherwise you'll just have to use it on every moving thing you see ;p

Kaydin
Aug 8, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-08-08 20:01, Realmz wrote:
all one handed weapons only have two combos for their PA's. out of the two handed weapons, all of them have three hits, except for fists second PA (bogga Zubba or something..)There are actually 3 PA's for dual-handed weapons that only have one combo: Bogga Zubba, Tornado Dance, and Anga Jabroga.