PDA

View Full Version : The (Now) Untitled Story

DonRoyale
Aug 9, 2007, 05:28 PM
I think a few of you remember back almost a year ago when I wrote Seishou No Kamigami, right? The original creator, now a PSOW member, consulted me on it, and I decided to rewrite it, make it better, and drop the title he thought "gay".

Regardless, one thing I want to clear up is that I'm sorry for saying "I'm the most creative storywriter you'll ever meet." I was on a cloud http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Regardless, without a title, I give you our story.

---------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Creation. An anomaly to all living creatures, its origin, the location of what was, is, and ever will be, is still to this day argued.

Even the avatars to creation itself, the gods, question their leader’s authority as the almighty creator at times. However, their inquiring is not to be confused with their unwavering loyalty. With most gods, anyways.

The almighty creator thought it a beautiful thing to make humans. Humans that would live together in peace. Or so they thought.

When the creator blessed his creations with a great power in the form of a relic that would remind the humans of the creator’s power, some began to question him. The gods had always understood their task-to oversee the humans and ensure there is peace and balance in the world. However, when the creator gave the humans power to restore peace to a violent world, some of them began to question his decision. Some thought that power would never solve anything. Others thought that the divine should intervene. Some even went so far as to think that creating creatures of rational thought was a mistake, a mistake that needed to be corrected.

The gods all inquired the creator, who simply answered “The answer will come in time.” For some, that wasn’t good enough. Some gods began to plot against the creator, turning to the dark side.

Those still loyal to the creator stuck by his side, and the creator attempted to have the heretics reconcile with him, but to no avail. It just got worse at that point, because when he tried, the heretics decided to take the action that they felt the creator didn’t. They created hideous, lethal creatures called demons. These demons began killing the humans one by one, and the gods and the creator began to take notice.

The creator and the gods had different agendas, though. While the creator wanted to let the humans run their course, the gods wanted not only to destroy the heretics, but to save the humans from the demons by fighting back against them. However, the gods themselves were disallowed to exist in the human world, by order of the creator. Despite this bitter order, the gods remained unwaveringly faithful to their creator. Besides, the gods knew that the creator could give the humans a link to them and their power. The gods somehow knew that the creator’s relic to the humans would be that link.

In addition, the gods had been observing the devils who had been in the human world, and noticed they had paid little attention to the relic. Devising a plan, they took action quickly.

The gods sent two operatives disguised as traitors to create demons that would retrieve the relic and bring it to them. They would then slip the relic through the devils and reunite with the creator, relic in hand. That way, the devils would never be able to seize the relic and use it for their own purposes.

However, something went horribly wrong…

DonRoyale
Aug 10, 2007, 02:58 PM
Chapter 2

”A village. Wonderful.”

Shiko the monk had been wandering the land for days without food or water. Tired of fighting demons and needing some money, and more importantly some food, Shiko decided to enter the village and offer his services to their leader.

”A monk?” said the village leader. He looked at Shiko, who really didn’t have the staple monk look, opting for beige robes and wearing strange gloves. His long, unkempt brown hair that matched his clothes, tied with his carefree expression and brown eyes made him look more like a hippie than a monk. “This young man looks more like the village idiot.”

Shiko stared at the village leader with an obviously insulted expression on his face. He then reached inside the back of his robe and pulled out a strange small stick. The stick then extended, spreading out into a full-length staff. From the tip of one end of the staff extended a blade, which arced from the side and bent into a wide edge.

”Well, then…” said the village leader. “I’m willing to see what you’re capable of. Besides, we are in need of a powerful monk’s services.” he said.

”Really? For what?” Shiko asked.

”Our village is under attack for some reason. The demons have been plaguing the lands for ages now, but the main wave of demons has reached the Southern Sea on the edge of the land. Being out in the northeast region of the land, we should usually have no problem with demons. But apparently, that is not the case.” he answered. “The demons haven’t been killing many of us, but have been attempting to apprehend my daughter.”

”Your daughter?” Shiko said, confused.

”Yes. They’re after me.”

Shiko stopped to look at the daughter of the village head. She was a beautiful young woman, with long brown hair, green eyes, and she wore a pink kimono. She was in a defensive pose, shy to meet Shiko.

”Zeena!” The village head exclaimed. He quickly looked around to make sure the demons weren’t observing them. “Get inside before you’re seen!”

Zeena quietly obeyed, retreating inside the house.

”That is my daughter, Zeena.” he said. “For some reason, the demons have been assaulting the village. Luckily, the demons aren’t strong enough to get past all of our guards, but our defenses are wearing thin, and it’s getting to the point where we’re not going to be able to defend against them much longer. A powerful monk like you will be a valuable asset to our defenses…”

Shiko looked on as he explained his story, waiting for what he wanted to hear.

”And to add to that,” he continued, “I can pay you quite handsomely.”

Shiko raised an eyebrow. “Now you’ve piqued my interest. Continue.”

”Your job is to simply defend against the demons. I’ll pay you in food if you accept the offer, and I’ll pay you in transportation and gold for every demon you manage to kill.” he said. “But be warned, monk. There aren’t many demons attacking us, but they’re stronger than your average demons.”

”What do they look like?” Shiko asked.

”They are parrot demons, three of them. They’re all very strong, and have killed many, but they’re not exactly the most intelligent trio of demons.” he answered. He then pointed to a mountain. “They’ve been operating from the mountain on the side of our village, but there is a barrier past a certain point on the mountain that stretches farther than just the mountain. It’s strange, but those parrots are the only thing coming from it.”

”That’s strange.” Shiko said. “Why would a trio of parrots build a giant barrier spanning past a huge mountain like that?”

”I’ve always asked myself that very same question. But it’s yet to be answered.” he said.

”That’s strange…and interesting. I’ll take the job.” Shiko said.

”Thank you, monk. What is your name?”

”My name is Shiko.”

---------------------------------------------

”So…you say they’ve hired a monk?”

”Indeed, Master Ezko. They’ve hired the services of a monk to assist them from us.”

Suddenly, from the shadows emerged another figure. The four of them jumped back, and rushed to bow before him.

”Get up, Ezko.” he said coldly.

”Yes, milord.” he said in a quivering voice.

”They’ve hired a monk…fine. Ezko, help them apprehend the girl. The birds won’t be able to do it by themselves.”

”Of course, my lord. Your wish is my command.” He then turned to the parrots. “You three! We’ll attack at sundown. Be ready.”

”Yes, Master Ezko.” the three birds said.

”Now, you three, observe the village.”

”Right away, milord!” The three then flew off into the distance while the master approached Ezko.

”Ezko…you know what happens should you fail…”

Ezko gulped in fear. “Yes, milord, I am perfectly aware…” He had to hold his staff and use it as a third leg, because his two legs were shaking like a leaf, and were barely holding him up.

”I also sense…him…”

”What? You mean he’s found us again?”

”…I came to the northeast for the treasure. It just so happens I need the girl to obtain it. That naïve fool came here for me. But there is another bonus…that I will tackle alone.” He then turned to the side of the mountain. He quickly glanced back at Ezko. “Go. Join them, and bring the girl with you. You know the cost of failure.” He then walked forward, disappearing behind an invisible barrier.

”…” Ezko didn’t say anything. Taking a deep breath, he said to himself, “Why me?”

He then bitterly walked off towards the village.

Jaysky
Aug 10, 2007, 11:00 PM
I never said it was gay I said it was japanese, why would a North American story/fanfic have a japanese name?