PDA

View Full Version : thinking about coming back

atomisk
Aug 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
I was one of the nay sayers who quit the game about a month after release mostly because of the lack of content and the start of cheating. so anyway, im considering coming back and was wondering how the game is doing now, is there much cheating? has there been significant amounts of content added? is there still much of a player base? is it still fun to play? also, im not sure if I would go with ps2 or xbox, what are the pros and cons of each? thanks for any help

D1ABOLIK
Aug 9, 2007, 09:35 PM
Alot more stuff.XBOX is the way to go though.IMO anyways.Alot more people and alot less hacking.Thats just my opinion,so please dont start flame war people.

________
FORD CVH ENGINE HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_CVH_engine)

atomisk
Aug 9, 2007, 09:45 PM
yeah, please no flame wars, I just want the pros and cons. also, I forgot to mention but I absolutely HATE voice chat, is it used alot on xbox and will people be mad at me for not using it?

KTani
Aug 9, 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm on PS2, and I'd advise going with XBox >.> PS2's economy is still a mess even though the haxeta is gone - people still won't price things correctly. From what I've heard, the XBox economy isn't perfect, but it's a lot better.

The only "pro" I can think of for PC/PS2 is that it's there for those like me who don't have an XBox 360. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

APEXi
Aug 9, 2007, 09:52 PM
they should make a sticky for all these "coming back" threads

D1ABOLIK
Aug 9, 2007, 09:52 PM
I would say about 80% use voice chat.But i have never used.Dont like it personally.No one has ever got mad at me for not using it.I just use a USB keyboard to text and i get by just fine.

________
Willys Hurricane Engine (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Willys_Hurricane_engine)

Gemel
Aug 9, 2007, 09:57 PM
Most people wont be mad at you for not having a mic (I didnt have a mic for 3 weeks straight and no one complained). I play on the 360 so my pros and cons list might be a little biased.
Pro:
1. More people.
2. Voice chat (I think its easier to communicate this way atleast)
3. Kinda hard to hack it and get away with it.

Cons:
1. Little kids (I really havent had a problem though)
2. Slow frame rate (Really I havent had a problem like this either)

PS2/PC
Pros:
1. You dont have to buy the game again (this is if you still have the game and if you played on PS2/PC)
2. Can take ingame pictures/ videos (On PC atleast)
3. Better graphics/frame, w/e (Or on the PC only I think?)
4. You can die and not lose the S rank.

Cons:
1. Was hacked (blarg you know the rest)
2. Less people (From the people that play on the PS2/PC say this is a good thing though?)

Parn
Aug 9, 2007, 10:04 PM
If you join up on Xbox 360, drop on by here (http://psu.synbios.net/) and you'll be able to play with some cool folks. You'd want to get acquainted with voice chat though, since typing isn't nearly as convenient when you can sit back and relax with both hands on the controller at all times. Most people's dislike of voice chat stems primarily from the jerks that helped establish the stereotype of the average Xbox Live gamer... definitely could assure you that many of us, at least around here are not like that.

Piper_Maru
Aug 9, 2007, 10:07 PM
Well, I prefer small communities rather then huge ones. The bigger the community, the more jerks will be there to take advantage of others.

That doesnt mean there arent jerks on the PS2/PC servers, its just means there are alot less.

RedMussel
Aug 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
I hate seeing this on all boards should i come back like its great your thinking of coming back but do you relly gatta make a topic well you can just read the other 100 topics saying should i come back

atomisk
Aug 9, 2007, 10:25 PM
I checked three pages back and didnt see anything, if there were a sticky that would be great

RedX
Aug 9, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-08-09 19:57, Gemel wrote:
Pro:
1. More people.
2. Voice chat (I think its easier to communicate this way atleast)
3. Kinda hard to hack it and get away with it.

Cons:
1. Little kids (I really havent had a problem though)
2. Slow frame rate (Really I havent had a problem like this either)

PS2/PC
Pros:
1. You dont have to buy the game again (this is if you still have the game and if you played on PS2/PC)
2. Can take ingame pictures/ videos (On PC atleast)
3. Better graphics/frame, w/e (Or on the PC only I think?)

Cons:
1. Was hacked (blarg you know the rest)
2. Less people (From the people that play on the PS2/PC say this is a good thing though?)

This is actually a pretty good pro con list.
I'd just do it more like this:
(has PC bias in it i guess)

Pro:
1. More people.
2. Kinda hard to hack it and get away with it.

Pro/con: (depending on how you look at it)
1. Voice chat

Cons:
1. Little kids
2. Slow frame rate

PS2

Pros:
1. You dont have to buy the game again (this is if you still have the game and if you played on PS2)
2. You can die and not lose the S rank.

2. Less people

Cons:
1. Was hacked (Sega's, somewhat stepped up it's game in this area and is taking active measures against it. Should be a lot better in AoI)
2. Terrible load times, frame rate, lag, etc.

PC

Pros:
1. you don't have to buy the game (even if you haven't play on PC before http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )
2. Can take in-game pictures/ videos
3. Better graphics, frame rate, load times, etc. (graphics is dependent on what kind of PC you have, but even on lowest it looks better then PS2...)
5. you can read pso-w well playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1. less people

Cons:
1. Was hacked (Sega's, somewhat stepped up it's game in this area and is taking active measures against it. Should be a lot better in AoI)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedX on 2007-08-09 20:28 ]</font>