PDA

View Full Version : quick question 360 players

The_Gio
Aug 10, 2007, 01:08 AM
how big are your patches for psu? do you go to that menu that shows a status bar in the game? or do you download a patch thru the xbox live software

Fredrick
Aug 10, 2007, 01:17 AM
Based on what I've experienced, there are no patches. Changes are made though updates which don't involve any kind of downloading.

The_Gio
Aug 10, 2007, 01:21 AM
oh wow didnt see that coming. ty

landman
Aug 10, 2007, 01:28 AM
Game patches in 360 are stored in the internal memory of the system and they are not too big, also they are erased if you play a lot of games because it can only store a few ones and when you play again to an old game you have to patch (normaly to fix bugs) it in order to play online with it

Extra content (free or not) is downloaded from the marketplace and you need a harddrive

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 10, 2007, 02:18 AM
We do get patches and they are downloaded via Xbox Live Dashboard, and they are cached on the system's memory (not the Harddrive). I assume the patches are about 10MB, they barely take 2 seconds to download and install, they're small because they're not really new content, just changes to parameters and properties...and most likely security updates as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-10 00:20 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Aug 10, 2007, 03:49 AM
I never see these downloads or notice them...is 360 that good?

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 10, 2007, 04:39 AM
What do you mean?

KoolAidPitcher
Aug 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
There are updates to the game's version, usually to fix exploits and bugs. If you press in the left thumbstick on the title screen, you'll see the game's version. These updates are hidden, and appear to be less than 2MB in size.

A2K
Aug 10, 2007, 06:08 AM
On 2007-08-10 00:18, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
We do get patches and they are downloaded via Xbox Live Dashboard, and they are cached on the system's memory (not the Harddrive). I assume the patches are about 10MB, they barely take 2 seconds to download and install, they're small because they're not really new content, just changes to parameters and properties...and most likely security updates as well.

Game updates actually are stored on your storage device (be it a memory unit or HDD), although they're actually hidden from view and can't be individually deleted. If you go to your storage devices in the Xbox Dashboard and input some controller combination, you can actually "perform maintenance" (as the console calls it) and wipe them all at once.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 10, 2007, 07:19 AM
Ohhh okay. I thought that button sequence was just to "defragment" the drive.

The sequence is x,x,LB,RB,x,x.

The man on the phone from Xbox customer support told me to try it when my Xbox stopped working properly.

Sekani
Aug 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
In most cases the patch process is invisible. You won't be prompted for any downloads, and you likely won't notice anything downloading in the background. You just start and play as normal.

On rare occasions the Xbox Live dashboard will prompt you for an update as you start the game.

ThEoRy
Aug 10, 2007, 10:50 AM
yes, there are patches. A guide menu pops up and prompts u through. Very quick process.

Duke
Aug 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
For Those of you who need extra space on the 360 I suggest that you buy the 120 gig hard drive off of ebay. I got it for a nice price of $30.00 because nobody else bidded on it and dont forget to buy the 360 transfer kit to transfer all of your data or you'll lose it.

lethe
Aug 10, 2007, 03:03 PM
a few nights ago i was running missions with my normal group and one by one we'd get DC'd and prompted to download an update....it happened to at least 6 of us i have no idea what was goin on