PDA

View Full Version : GAH! embarressing deaths.

Raven5_1
Aug 10, 2007, 03:01 PM
okay i've played HSM enough times to actually take a my new alt char Cecelia Raven from ranger lvl 2 all the way through to maxing Ranger, Hunter, and Fightgunner and i'd actually only died 6 times since the mission became evailable.

till now that is

today i managed to die in the most stupid way possible.

i went to SUV but did my PA instead in the last room got caught by the spin attack.

sighhhhhh.

how embaressing.

sooooo who else has suffered embarressing deaths on HSM or other missions?

darkante
Aug 10, 2007, 03:04 PM
Well, when i was looking for traps with googles.
I somehow still went into one and died because of that chicken rider frooze me too death.
XD

Fure_Rakune
Aug 10, 2007, 03:23 PM
My alt suffered back-to-back deaths yesterday during Crimson Beast. Gol Dova finished me with a stomp, then I revived with my last scape only to have a Jarba put me back down with a perfectly timed Megid. I was greeted with a red screen of death so I had to wait for my friend to revive me with a moon while dodging the Jarba's dodgeballs o' doom.
Finally after some ducking and turning, she was able to revive me just as one Jarba started it's Dambarta attack... which I was freshly revived in, resulting in another death.

DreamLocke
Aug 10, 2007, 03:32 PM
The last time I died I was on HSM.

I got the three-piece: Wasn't paying attention and got caught in a trap. Komatoze comes up and dambartas me. Miraculously, I survived that. I thought help was coming.. then here he comes with the charge. Mission ends; I got booted soon after even though I'd been running with that group for a while. They didn't even say a word to me.

F-Gattaca
Aug 10, 2007, 03:48 PM
Soloing Desert Goliath S2, with two NPCs as meatshields, using my Killer Shot to look for a Muzzlefever.

Second block entrance--the MRLS bots (I forget what its name is, either Bomalta or Trienos ... and I don't think I'm spelling them right. Anyway!) were two-shotting my NPC meatshields. They can easily do the same to me. After getting smacked once in a failed attempt at dodgeball, I decided it'd be best to go back and recharge since my PP was about used up anyway.

So I run for the crystal, and use it to teleport to the first block. As I do, a missile slams me from behind.

Cue entrance to first block. All three of us collapse on the floor. I wish I made a screenshot of it ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-08-10 13:49 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 10, 2007, 03:52 PM
I've had a pretty embarrassing death at Her Secret Mission as well. In the room where you collect the 18th sample (boss route) where all of those Gohmons are, I told everyone prior to reaching that room that I would handle it, since I was the only CAST in the party and my SUV was charged.

So, everyone stays back and I charge forward. The door slides up, then I even used my shortcut for when I fire my SUV, but when I pushed the command to use my SUV, I ended up using Tornado Break instead, only to be welcomed with multiple fireballs hitting me in the face while wearing my Sori-Senba 11% Ice line shield, no less.

So, the fireballs pushed me back out of the door, right on my ass, with me screaming, "The SUV..jammed?!" with the surprised emote.

Luckily, the party wasn't really upset or anything, so they let me continue going with them, but man..that was embarrassing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

"Don't worry! I've got this! *gets owned*"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

TheBlackDeath
Aug 10, 2007, 04:02 PM
I've had some deaths that weren't necessarily embarrasing but were absolutely retarded.

One for example was on Lab Recovery S2 before the rebalance. I had joined a random group and had been doing quite well so far and hadn't even died once. We got the map with jarba spawns throughout B1 and B2 and I got caught next to a wall when one of the jarba's started using dambarta. So I died, skidded into the wall, and revived into the dambarta, rinse and repeat 9 times because I had 9 scapes. I got booted immediately after dying for the 10th time and not getting back up. After that I swore off of random parties for about 10 character levels.

BeastOblivion
Aug 10, 2007, 04:04 PM
I died on the dual sentinal because I stood behind the de ragnus and it shot me with ice from its tail so I got frozen with only 90 hp remaining and then when I try to heal it hits me with its tail and my scape revives me and it freezes againbecause it was in the air and hits me with fireballs and I fail the misson:[

Mayu
Aug 10, 2007, 04:06 PM
I tried to be well I can solo it

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif - Sealabs S2

I ran away from the group

5 Volfu's

- Gidiga like 3 times

I was wearing the wrong armor so

They destroyed me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ~ cries~

FT's fail ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-10 14:12 ]</font>

Para
Aug 10, 2007, 04:11 PM
Firebreak, getting owned at the switches and unable to OPEN THE GATE for my team D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5blfWjXFk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-08-10 14:12 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Aug 10, 2007, 04:12 PM
Solo LL S. Deljaban Megid takes me down. Scape revives me... Right in time for another Megid to take me down again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I also managed to get caught in a Kagajibari's spin attack during a two-person HSM. During the last three seconds. I died right as time ran out, so it didn't matter. Actually, that one was pretty funny.

GuardianPoe
Aug 10, 2007, 04:28 PM
Firebreak, last mission.

Got stuck in a fence while the Olgohmons kept blasting me with Foie, doing 3000 damage to my HUnewearl's 1700 HP. I lost half my scapes before someone got the hint to hit the button and get me out.

Foie (death) Scape (revive!) Foie (death) Scape (revive!) Foie... you get the idea.

MushiKuro
Aug 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
Well, i only play PSU Story/Extra mode, so, i never died xDDDD

See ya!

X.X

OldCoot
Aug 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
Running solo on LL S and I was quite proud of all my armor making hard work which gave me a decent dark armor so my Newman Fortetecher takes no damage from Megid. Well, running into the last room feeling great and on my way to an S rank, I found out that I had the rare map. High level rappies eat you for lunch if you are wearing dark armor and next thing I know I had a choice to say yes or no.

Aka
Aug 10, 2007, 06:20 PM
Dying to traps in HSM C. Was level 70 something at the time >_>

Cz
Aug 10, 2007, 06:39 PM
got uppercut by polties to death. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jakosifer
Aug 10, 2007, 09:56 PM
Today at Endrum Remnants S2, I stopped to answer a mail in the last room with the Grinna Betes (Stupid move but I was feeling cocky) next thing I know my character flew 50 ft away and died. Needless to say I cussed about it for a bit but it was my own stupidity that made it happen. >_>

Micro
Aug 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-08-10 14:11, Para wrote:
Firebreak, getting owned at the switches and unable to OPEN THE GATE for my team D:

LMFAO! XD XD XD

Jioruji
Aug 10, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-08-10 20:05, Micro wrote:

On 2007-08-10 14:11, Para wrote:

LMFAO! XD XD XD

Laughed out loud. Hard. That was amazingly awesome. XD

Shishi-O
Aug 11, 2007, 12:22 AM
[quote]On 2007-08-10 13:01, Raven5_1 wrote:
okay i've played HSM enough times to actually take a my new alt char Cecelia Raven from ranger lvl 2 all the way through to maxing Ranger, Hunter, and Fightgunner and i'd actually only died 6 times since the mission became evailable.

till now that is

i went to SUV but did my PA instead in the last room got caught by the spin attack.

sighhhhhh.

how embaressing.

I actually made a shortcut on fred,using the jack nicholson( as the joker)quote" ever dance withe the devil in the pail moonlight?"

Sure the team of forte gunners i was running with should have been able to kill the jarba with me keeping both jarbas stunlocked with spiral dance, but they chose not to, instead they let me die.

I was more embarrassed that i was partying with such small people and i left the party.

Thing is i did ot a couple of times very successfull, envy is a bia.

Also today as mindy i was healing everyone and getting a hail of" thank you", I went into a room full of vohlfos, fighting for the team, for that is my motto, and after I died I herd a chuckle... I realized that the two people I was with could have helped me like I have been keeping them alive but they let me die..LOL I have mic issues so i couldn't blow them up.

But embarrassing non-the less.

Eligaz
Aug 11, 2007, 08:53 AM
Eh..due to my own stupidity I always end up typing while fighting the most dangerous of stuff. Like starting to rant about something, vomiting text all over my party, only to get hit with a random megid and face an all too sudden death. That's pretty embarassing. At least stupid. I'm asking for it y'know.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 11, 2007, 08:57 AM
This one was just thanks to PSU's shitty physics, the rainbow beast in Her Secret Mission spins and punches me, and instead of flying backwards, I fly toward it, and past it, to get hit again and into a wall where it continued to beat me to death. Not really embarrassing, just BS.

Sekani
Aug 11, 2007, 10:57 AM
I don't want to talk about how the SAME Vanda cost me three scape dolls in Cost of Research S2 last night.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 11, 2007, 11:15 AM
Pretty much any time when Da ANA fights charged Jarbas, it isn't hrd to figure out what happens.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
Oh it was kinda funny soloing the Grove of Fanatics S at Lv54, the boss killed me three times in a row with the same rocket-arm attack, without any chance to move right after getting up.

Realmz
Aug 11, 2007, 11:29 AM
On 2007-08-10 13:01, Raven5_1 wrote:

till now that is

sighhhhhh.

how embaressing.

hahah i was there for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Raven5_1
Aug 11, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-08-11 09:29, Realmz wrote:

On 2007-08-10 13:01, Raven5_1 wrote:

till now that is

sighhhhhh.

how embaressing.

hahah i was there for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

yes the pirate saw my shame. i'm never gonna live it down.

Hatemachine
Aug 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
Mine isnt so much A singular death mine seems to be a recurring death.

Whenever I play my FT it seems to result in this series of events.

Me and my party take damage

I cast resta

Monster gouges my last bit of HP away as I am casting resta.

BUT THE HEAL WENT OFF healing everyone else but me meaning the party healed but I get murdered.

This isnt just a once in awhile thing this is such a common occurance that I swear it's god sign to say STOP PLAYING A FT!!!!

Dragwind
Aug 11, 2007, 08:05 PM
One time I saw a chunk of meseta drop from a kamatoze. I was so anxious to pick it up for some reason that day, that I ran into a dambarta wall from another kamaztoze and died almost instantly while wearing fire armor. XD

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 08:06 PM
-.- I remember

Almost dying on Rena in HSM C rank

From the first traps where you split -.-

Quite embarrassing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-11 18:06 ]</font>

Dragwind
Aug 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
That's another one on my list too, Rena XD

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2007, 10:13 PM
Soloing plains overlord. Fighting deregan. He's almost dead. I switch to fistsas my spear had run out, and I wasn;t going to waste a photon charge refilling it, when I have fisrt that can do the job.

Last part of bogga danga (the sparkle jump), lands me right in the middleof fire breath with some camera cheese. I die.

...and have to beat de regan from scratch

:-/

Anduril
Aug 11, 2007, 10:18 PM
My most embarrassing death with a party: During HSM I get caught in the trap that is across from the beam cannon as I am running to heal someone else who has almost no HP left. We both died at about the same moment...

Soloing: I get hit by a low powered Megid from a Deljaban just as I'm casting Retier. One second later and I would be immune to it, but instead I die when the most damage it could cause was 3-7. I felt like complete idiot...