PDA

View Full Version : what items can i use to make my robot armor if i cant make m

psu-noob
Aug 10, 2007, 04:28 PM
i need a little help with my robot

Mayu
Aug 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
I really can't understand you

psu-noob
Aug 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
come on people i need a little help!

JAFO22000
Aug 10, 2007, 04:33 PM
I think he's saying that all four character slots are currently used, thus he can't make a new cast character and strip it.

I'm unsure whether he knows that he can just keep overwriting one of his slots for unlimited parts or not.

Allison_W
Aug 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
Cheapest is probably to go to the Clyez City armour shop and buy the cheapest armour units they sell. I think it's something like 400 meseta for a unit that gives +4 armour. Needless to say, really frickin' slow.

Much more expensive, but blazingly fast, is to buy a bunch of CAST swimsuits and feed your PM those. It would have been considerably cheaper while the clothing discount was in effect, but alas, we no longer have it. Each swimsuit is like 5k and gives some +18 armour, so you'll be getting a good 18 levels a feeding.

Honestly, I would advise the former unless you're fucking rich. I did the latter, and it left me too broke to be able to afford the ridiculous costs of synthing armour, so it's been pretty much unused--and really, that's a lot of capital to let go to waste. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Consider that the materials for a 9* armour, not including the board or photons, come to 540k, and that's for like a 37% success rate with a 100 armour PM. (For an 8* armour, the cost of materials is 412.5k; for a 7*, 247.5k, and still pretty crappy success rates.) Let that simmer in your head a while, and then decide just how urgent it is that you have an extremely expensive 100 armour PM inside of a week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-08-10 14:36 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Aug 10, 2007, 04:41 PM
I have a pure armor PM, but it's not too useful pre-AoI before the synth rates get fixed. It's a hell of a lot cheaper just to buy armor in the player shops than to synth them. Actually, there's armor in the NPC shops with good % that would cost you more to synth. Plus with crappy % rates you might just see that money go down the drain just trying to make the damn thing and end up failing it.

If I'd have known then what I know now, I would have just made a pure ranged, which is a hell of a lot more forgiving and cheaper for synthing purposes.

But I just can't throw away all the hours it took to strip all those damn CAST parts...