PDA

View Full Version : Price of Reseach. AKA: Gib Mugunruk

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2007, 11:16 PM
Another "Need help hunting" thread from me, this time for a more popular mission. Lances have always been a favorite of mine, so I figured I should get this one as early as I could. Of course, it's difficult to set up rare hunting parties with only one rare to hunt, so I'm stuck to duoing with friends (Soloing isn't even an option now).
That being said, I need the usual. Map layouts with high Koggs / low birds and vandas, hopefully manipulating them so that I can get a large amount of Koggs with ease. I'll also assume that I require Dark axes and light Crimson lines, though the latter irks me due to lack of funds. Anything that I forgot to mention this time?

Mayu
Aug 10, 2007, 11:19 PM
All maps contain large amount o.0

At least what I experienced

And all of them are at B2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Aug 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
I wonder... Is there any way to get alot of Koggs before the two person switches?

Rashiid
Aug 10, 2007, 11:29 PM
i say just do em all.
if any other map its only about 2-3 more.

AishaClanclan
Aug 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
what the pay out in it

Golto
Aug 10, 2007, 11:55 PM
I've only seen Kog Nadds in b2 and always a total of 6.

Rashiid
Aug 11, 2007, 12:06 AM
15k. (@ post above)

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 03:11 AM
I should ask, is this spear an easy drop, compared to other S ranks? It seems that enemies as rare and strong as Kog Nadds would drop S ranks more often. Is this true?

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 03:16 AM
Not really -.-

Same drop rate as any other S weapon silly

AishaClanclan
Aug 11, 2007, 03:30 AM
On 2007-08-10 22:06, Rashiid wrote:
15k. (@ post above)

Thanks

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 03:37 AM
Ah, I thought I heard that it was a better drop rate than usual. Ah, considering the requirements of the mission, it's bad news if the droprate isn't better due to the sheer number of Kogs...

Mystil
Aug 11, 2007, 06:50 AM
1+2+3(spawn sets) = 6 Koggs, if I got the math right.

Ya after about 10-15 runs you should get atleast one board, but oh well.

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 06:57 AM
I'd take an NPC hardline for normal monster protection, and axes will be waaay too slow to use on Kog Nadds. I even have trouble loosing my 3rd claw PA hit on them.

I'd reccommend a high level Dus Daggas :]

MrNomad
Aug 11, 2007, 07:08 AM
On 2007-08-11 04:57, Esufer wrote:
I'd take an NPC hardline for normal monster protection, and axes will be waaay too slow to use on Kog Nadds. I even have trouble loosing my 3rd claw PA hit on them.

I'd reccommend a high level Dus Daggas :]

Anga Redda/Dugrega kills kogs fast...

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 07:13 AM
In my experience, getting knocked over and taking hideous amounts of damage from 3 of them using their spikes effect on you kills YOU fast.

But I was only running this mission for close to 14 hours yesterday so what do I know.

I'd still say Dus Daggas if you don't want to die.

MrNomad
Aug 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
On 2007-08-11 05:13, Esufer wrote:
In my experience, getting knocked over and taking hideous amounts of damage from 3 of them using their spikes effect on you kills YOU fast.

But I was only running this mission for close to 14 hours yesterday so what do I know.

I'd still say Dus Daggas if you don't want to die.

Its still gonna happen when you use ANY skill pa, thats what happens when you fight up close, deal with it. And you sound like you've never used Dugrega, so really you dont know how easy axes makes fighting big monsters...

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
I used Redda. Dugrega seemed fairly unimpressive. All I'm saying is that Dus Daggas took these guys down quickly for me, and that was with a 28% fire Halbenata.

The OP asked for advice, I'm just giving mine.

But y'know you don't seem to want to let me. Heh. Off out now, so I won't be able to read your fla- uh, reply.

MrNomad
Aug 11, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-08-11 05:23, Esufer wrote:
I used Redda. Dugrega seemed fairly unimpressive. All I'm saying is that Dus Daggas took these guys down quickly for me, and that was with a 28% fire Halbenata.

The OP asked for advice, I'm just giving mine.

But y'know you don't seem to want to let me. Heh. Off out now, so I won't be able to read your fla- uh, reply.

Wha? You said axes arent good to use and I think you're wrong so I'm telling you why. And if you pick Redda over Dug, well, enjoy spamming and spamming until you get that 2nd hit of your attack to land while mobs knock you out of your attack and force you to burn more pp trying to flinch them, Ill just use the first hit in Dugrega to knock those mobs down and save up on mates and pp. Its much more practical if you know whats its for, but then again you prolly think getting big numbers is the only way to help yourself and the party > >

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 07:36 AM
Ahhh, nah. I only use my axe on facking Kamatoze's to be honest. Sometimes cornered mobs. I never said they were bad, I said they were freaking slow.

Everything other mob gets claws. I've not got the third hit of Redda yet.

But when I was using it on Kog Nadds, i'd either block the spikes which'd stop my PA, or fall over. Which is none too peachy.

MrNomad
Aug 11, 2007, 07:41 AM
On 2007-08-11 05:36, Esufer wrote:
Ahhh, nah. I only use my axe on facking Kamatoze's to be honest. Sometimes cornered mobs. I never said they were bad, I said they were freaking slow.

But when I was using it on Kog Nadds, i'd either block the spikes which'd stop my PA, or fall over. Which is none too peachy.

Ya, some advice for the axe: get both pas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
redda is much stronger, but its a terrible pa when it comes to flinching/knocking enemies fast enough. Dugrega is a god in knockback, the 1st hit always knocks back mobs, large monsters and worms. In a sense, I'd say that enemies who can hurt you just by moving or being touched are the ones to use Dug on. Its a godsend against any monster shaped like a kogg or any worm!

goud71493
Aug 11, 2007, 07:42 AM

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 12:11 PM
Tell him to give it to me.

From what I've experienced, Dugrega is indeed a Godsend. If I time it right, and I don't have other monsters breathing down my neck, I can stunlock a Kogg to death. I didn't like what Daggas was doing, so that's the strategy I'll stick with. Now, would it be suggested to take out smaller enemies before I take out the Koggs?
Yet another argument on PSOW. What else is new?

As for armors, I have a low percentage fire Crimsonline, which after doing the math, is better than a gigaline (slightly). However, I don't have a light elemental armor. Would Crimsonline again be the armor of choice?

Shiryuu
Aug 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
Get a Te-senba?

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-08-11 05:41, MrNomad wrote:

On 2007-08-11 05:36, Esufer wrote:

Ya, some advice for the axe: get both pas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
redda is much stronger, but its a terrible pa when it comes to flinching/knocking enemies fast enough. Dugrega is a god in knockback, the 1st hit always knocks back mobs, large monsters and worms. In a sense, I'd say that enemies who can hurt you just by moving or being touched are the ones to use Dug on. Its a godsend against any monster shaped like a kogg or any worm!

Looks like I'm buying a second axe. Ta love.