PDA

View Full Version : New PSU Community Podcasts - Episode 12 (Sonic SatAM) is on

PSU_Castor
Aug 11, 2007, 03:34 AM
If you haven't been listening in, we've been kicking out a new weekly PSU Podcast for well over two months now. From here you can check out all current and past episodes.

The Podcast Episode Archive:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=41935

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSU_Castor on 2007-11-02 02:09 ]</font>

Darkly
Aug 11, 2007, 04:17 AM
has anyone won on 360 yet ?

PSU_Castor
Aug 11, 2007, 04:19 AM
All prizes are still up for grabs, I'll post here whenever we've got winners.

PSU_Castor
Aug 11, 2007, 02:33 PM
EspioKaos has 3/4 correct, and he nailed those to a tee. Both prizes are still up, but may not be for long after these hints:

- Mystery Track II is from an old Sega game that just got a sequel announced.
- Mystery Track III is from a game published by Sega on a current next-gen system.

If you don't recognize the other two, buy a Dreamcast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hit me up with those song requests, and I'll get them added into the next episode.

Inazuma
Aug 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
i knew track 3 was a current game since its the one that stumped me. the other 3 were very easy to figure out.
ever since pso came out, i really havent been playing many other games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PSU_Castor
Aug 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
360 Player S-T-H was the first to correctly guess all four tracks yesterday. He is out of town currently and says he'd like the prize to go to another player - so, on both sides, the prizes are still up for grabs.

A lot of people have gotten 3/4 correct, so this hint will be aimed at the track that most people are having trouble with:

- Mystery Track III from a fairly new game that released on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3. Sega recently sponsored a tournament on the X360 servers of this game, and gave away a ton of nice prizes to the winners.

Good luck!

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
Did I guess the first song right? I sent you a message on the official site and you didn't respond.

PSU_Castor
Aug 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
Sent you a PM back, sorry for the delay.

Desecration
Aug 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
I wasnt able to send you a PM on the official site because I dont have an account there, but I sent you a PM on the forum here, so give me a PM and let me know if I was right.

PSU_Castor
Aug 23, 2007, 06:38 PM
Episode II is now up!

Another 100k is up for grabs on both servers, provided you can name this week's mystery tracks.

Good luck everyone, hope you enjoy it.

PSU_Castor
Aug 31, 2007, 02:24 AM
Episode III is up!

A little something to listen to while we wait for maintenance to finish. Also, we hope that fans of the oldschool sonic games will appreciate this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SATatami
Aug 31, 2007, 02:30 AM
I know all of those. >_> Too bad I'm lazy/my PSU account's not active at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif No use ruining it for the other users. XD

EDIT: Thanks for the nostalgia. I know have a strong urge to play Sonic 2 and S3&K. XD

EDIT2: Mystery Track 2. I love you.

EDIT3: You totally pwned that douche that was complaining. XD

EDIT4: Mystery Track 3... I loved that level so much. Hell, that GAME. >_>

EDIT5: KEEP EDITING AWAY!

EDIT6: Lava Reef was awesome. I must've played it hundreds of times. <3 level select.

EDIT7: lole 7. I need something better to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2007-08-31 00:45 ]</font>

KTani
Aug 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
I hadn't been listening before, but I'm going to listen in from now on. I like this episode, I know those songs XD Has anyone guessed the tracks yet? It's the first one I may be able to win XD

EDIT: Sent the answers anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KTani on 2007-08-31 08:21 ]</font>

PSU_Castor
Sep 7, 2007, 08:49 PM
Episode IV is going up right now. This time the theme is Retro-phantasy star, and PSOW posters may recognize our special guest, EspioKaos.

Let us know what you think!

ShinAnt
Sep 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
No polka ._.

Zorafim
Sep 7, 2007, 08:56 PM
Sorry, I'm new to this, but I just checked out episode 1. Its first song, "Mystery Track #1" as they called it, is from Skies of Arcadia. I just realized how much that song rocked.

*illegally downloads SoA music*

PSU_Castor
Sep 7, 2007, 09:03 PM
Agreed, I love that game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, to clarify about this week's mystery tracks - you only need to name which Phantasy Star game the tracks came from, not the track name itself. Hope this helps!

S-T-H
Sep 8, 2007, 01:30 AM
For anyone wondering who I am exactly:

I mainly post on the official forums, but I do come here from time to time to see if anything interesting is going on. Especially with EspioKaos and all. About a month ago I started pulling together relevant news items and posting them to that blog. It's a convenient way to quickly get out news on player events and such.

If anyone has any suggestions, PM me on the official forums or drop a comment into a post on the blog.

Turbobrain
Sep 8, 2007, 06:31 AM
On 2007-08-31 00:30, SATatami wrote:
I know all of those. >_> Too bad I'm lazy/my PSU account's not active at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif No use ruining it for the other users. XD

EDIT: Thanks for the nostalgia. I know have a strong urge to play Sonic 2 and S3&K. XD

EDIT2: Mystery Track 2. I love you.

EDIT3: You totally pwned that douche that was complaining. XD

EDIT4: Mystery Track 3... I loved that level so much. Hell, that GAME. >_>

EDIT5: KEEP EDITING AWAY!

EDIT6: Lava Reef was awesome. I must've played it hundreds of times. <3 level select.

EDIT7: lole 7. I need something better to do.

I concur. That made me LMOA... I find the comments that 'person' made very dumb ESPECIALLY in relation to the podcast.

I personally don't think too much of Sega's BGM so would not mind if it was not there, seriosuly, I turn the BGM off when I play and listen to something else... podcasts and stuff:).

I find it amazing they can do this EVERY week. Cool to download and put on my phone(built in MP3 player). I hope they keep up the good work.

PSU_Castor
Sep 24, 2007, 01:27 AM
Ba-bump! Two weeks have passed since I posted here, and that means two more shiny new Podcast episodes have hit the internet in the meantime.

Episode five, themed after Phantasy Star Online Episode 3, and Episode Six, themed after Sega's own Dreamcast, are both up and can be streamed via the links in the first post.

Feedback rocks, as always. Hope you guys enjoy them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Midicronica
Sep 24, 2007, 03:00 AM
Can't sleep and it's my first time listening in on the podcast. I was really impressed and the Save a Beast Child ad was made of win. XD

PSU_Castor
Oct 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
Episodes Seven, themed after Skies of Arcadia, and Episode Eight, themed after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, are now online and can be streamed and downloaded at the links in the first post.

Included are interviews with Jellen Master Ironfox, and also Official PSU Forum Moderator Momonpso.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2007, 06:07 AM
PSU_Castor, the host of the Podcast that (the one that doesn't have the British accent)
his voice sounds like the voice actor that did Alex or maybe Hiro the the Lunar games or the remakes... Excellent work with the Podcasts btw.

PSU_Castor
Oct 26, 2007, 04:11 AM
So, since the official forum thread looks a bit nicer and it's easier just to link everyone there, I have edited the first post with a straight link to our podcast archive.

Last time I posted here was after Episode 8. We are now up to Episode 11, which went up tonight. Also definitely check out Episode 10, which includes a first-ever interview with the entire PSU GM team. I submitted it as news at the time, since I figure its kinda important, or at least news-worthy, but I guess not. xD Ah well.

Anyways, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Remedy
Oct 26, 2007, 04:14 AM
Heh, good to see your podcast is doing better than the one I was a part of. Keep it up. :3

If you ever want a guest host in the form of the cohost of the first PSU podcast, shoot me a PM.

PSU_Castor
Oct 27, 2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

May have an improved version of 11 out shortly, it'll be nothing major but should streamline a couple parts overall.

PSU_Castor
Nov 2, 2007, 04:09 AM
Episode 12 (Sonic SatAM theme) is up. You can check it out in our thread at the official forums.

Remedy
Nov 2, 2007, 04:15 AM
DID YOU PRONOUNCE IT AS MEH-JID?!?!?!

I WILL MEGID YOU UNTIL YOU PRONOUNCE IT CORRECTLY (read: MEH-GID)

That is all. *coughs*

Kairi_Li
Nov 2, 2007, 06:46 AM
On 2007-11-02 02:09, PSU_Castor wrote:
Episode 12 (Sonic SatAM theme) is up. You can check it out in our thread at the official forums.

I love that cartoon, and its awesome that you guys used that as your theme. Bunny and Sally were awesome that I wish they were feature in one of the games.

EDIT: Just figure out we need to PM you, so I just did here. Please check your inbox here.

Though I doubt I was the first person to get all 3 right...

My boyfriend also got the Satam DVD set. It is way past cool.

Who was your fav character aside from Sonic? Mine is a tie between Sally and Bunny. A hot and intelligent princess along with a souther belle rabbit that can kick a giant door down? Awesome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-11-02 05:00 ]</font>

PSU_Castor
Nov 3, 2007, 03:41 AM
Deco Bryl was the first person to get the answers in, Congrats Deco! A lot of you had all the answers right, it was a very close competition this time.

And yes, I did pronounce it Meh-jid. I imagine the JP root probably proves it's a hard G, so I'll call it, er, artistic freedom, though as long as people understand I meant the big purple ball of death, it should be alright.

Kairi, as to my favorite characters... Definitely Sonic and Tails. I was a kid when those aired on TV, and the Sonic/Tails combo just couldn't be beat. Does anyone remember the episode where Sonic moves into Antoine's hut after his is destroyed? Loved that one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSU_Castor on 2007-11-03 01:43 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Nov 3, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-11-02 02:15, Remedy wrote:
DID YOU PRONOUNCE IT AS MEH-JID?!?!?!

I WILL MEGID YOU UNTIL YOU PRONOUNCE IT CORRECTLY (read: MEH-GID)

That is all. *coughs*

That gets to me as well, but every single person who isn't Japanese says "mehjid" on the 360 thanks to the voice chat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

"I imagine the JP root probably proves it's a hard G[...]"

"Megido" (use the IME) in Google search proves it's a soft G. Also, I've played PSO in Japanese since it came out on Dreamcast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

"Kairi, as to my favorite characters... Definitely Sonic and Tails. I was a kid when those aired on TV, and the Sonic/Tails combo just couldn't be beat. Does anyone remember the episode where Sonic moves into Antoine's hut after his is destroyed? Loved that one."

OMG yes! I found the entire SatAM series on DVD for $30 a few months ago and couldn't believe how well the show stood up!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-11-03 05:09 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Nov 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
I didnt really like the episodes with Antoine, cause, well, I don't really like him. He's the only character who doesn't develop or has much contribution to the group and was mostly a nuisance. I wish that if another season was made, they would have developed his character abit. I don't expect to suddenly be really brave, but it wouldn't hurt for him to contribute more.

And I prefer the more serious episodes from Satam, not that the humor wasn't good, but to me, most of the Antoine cartoony episodes were the worst of the bunch. If I wanted to watch slapstick humor, I'd watch Adventures, which I did.

But that's just me. If the Bioware Sonic RPG has something to do with Satam, seeing that Mass Effect is sci fi and looks dark deep, I would die happy.