PDA

View Full Version : Female Nanoblast...WTF?

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 05:48 PM
I've only seen one...ONE female beast use their blast. It was in HSM, last room.

What kind of spazzy mess is that? All I saw was a blue blur hopping erratically across the screen. I don't know if she (yes, a rl girl was playing her...another rarity lol) even hit anything. Huh?

Later I was playing story missions and Laia used hers. I was still dumbfounded. Not just because the ATA badge is dumb.

Why did ST make female nanoblasts so ridiculous?

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
I rather like the female nano-blast, except for the walk. Male nanoblast is another story.

psu-noob
Aug 11, 2007, 05:50 PM
u mean beast mode right because female beastmode is sooooooooooo ugly

Kylie
Aug 11, 2007, 05:51 PM
Ridiculous? =| They aren't that different from the male ones, in my opinion...
Only thing that kills me is how females walk while in nano. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
What? The walk is the best part of the nanoblast! What I can't get over are the splits they do while attacking. Honestly, it's like there's a trampoline right beneath them wherever they're attacking they bounce around so much.

DreamLocke
Hey, not to offend anyone...Beast women are the best!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It's just that their attacks are all over the damn place. How the heck do you hit anything?

That walk is another story.

Chuck_Norris
On 2007-08-11 15:50, psu-noob wrote:

I'm sure a lot of furrys disagree with you on that.
(Is not a furry)

Kylie
Aug 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-08-11 15:53, DreamLocke wrote:
Hey, not to offend anyone...Beast women are the best!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

It's just that their attacks are all over the damn place. How the heck do you hit anything?

That walk is another story.

It was hard at first, but I got used to it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
"Ridiculous" maybe too strong a word. Distracting? I was on my GT trying to land an SE on the Kagajibiri on the last room while dodging it's megid.(Due to smartasses in my party.)
Then this blue thing comes flying over my head and starts bouncing all over the room. Wierd. Almost got me killed.

Vyre
Aug 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
Hitting with the nanoblast as a female beast is extremely simple.
The person you saw probably didn't know what she was doing yet.
and don't even include laia in this. Npcs don't know wtf they're doing with nanoblasts/suvs anyhow. ever see lu or your 4x2 pm suv a wall or a door?

Phetty
Aug 11, 2007, 06:10 PM
I dont like using my beast much either. Only do it on Kog Nags and ocasionally a boss. I hope the Expansion gives you different fighting style beasts. They can do the same thing but please have different attack animations.

PALRAPPYS
Aug 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
The male beast Nanoblast is easier to use than the female's. With the male nano, you can change direction with the attack simpler, whereas the female can only continue attacking straight.

Piper_Maru
Aug 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-08-11 15:53, chuck_norris wrote:

On 2007-08-11 15:50, psu-noob wrote:

I'm sure a lot of furrys disagree with you on that.
(Is not a furry)

Actually, if you want to go with stereotypes, most of us would prefer the male 'beastmode'.

Mystil
Aug 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-08-11 15:50, Zorafim wrote:
I rather like the female nano-blast, except for the walk. Male nanoblast is another story.

Yes the walk is completly uneccessary.

I like the agile moves they do in beastmode.

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
Really? The male nanoblast seems to retain more of its original features, i.e, it still looks "human" where as the female blast has the face of a cat. As in, the kind of cat that trips on your router cable when a Deva zashi board drops.

Piper_Maru
Aug 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-08-11 17:10, Xaeris wrote:
Really? The male nanoblast seems to retain more of its original features, i.e, it still looks "human" where as the female blast has the face of a cat. As in, the kind of cat that trips on your router cable when a Deva zashi board drops.

Mmmm, to be honest I havent seen the female nanoblast yet. I was more going by the 'lolallfurriesaregayperverts' thing.

If it hast the face of a cat, then I can see what you mean.

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2007, 07:15 PM
Ah, I get your meaning now; that is a common piece of the stereotype. And yeah, if you get the opportunity to play with a female beast, ask them to do a cut in when they blast; you'll see what I mean.

Dragwind
Aug 11, 2007, 08:09 PM
I beg to differ, I find the female nanoblast to be hawt ;o

Miyoko
Aug 11, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-08-11 18:09, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
I beg to differ, I find the female nanoblast to be hawt ;o

Ditto. I'd hit it, and I'm not even a furry (or male, for that matter)! <.<

Gen2000
Aug 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
From a friend who plays a female beast I hear it's harder for them to hit with than Male Nanoblasts. I would like to try it myself for better comparison but all my character slots are filled. Anyone who has a male AND female beast noticed a difference?

Chuck_Norris
Aug 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
I tryed a female beast offline, It is quite hard to hit, I have to say the male one is much better battle wise.

Gen2000
Aug 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
Ah heh. Forgot about testing this in offline mode (lol). If I get bored enough I'll try it out there.

Libram
Aug 11, 2007, 10:27 PM
I use a female beast, and I will say that it's a little hard to hit with some of those attacks. She likes to brush past enemies during her flips and tends to miss a couple of those first hits from time to time. That initial part of the combo is the only part that won't change direction, however. If I miss with that first part I can always just do a complete 180 midair and trip whatever I was trying to hit. I have also found that the final part of the combo is worthless. It doesn't do the two hits and takes to much time to actually connect. Besides, if I wait a moment or two I can immediately start a second combo from the beginning, and it almost appears to be a seemless transition of attacks. I could end with the knockup-into-knockback attack, but this also takes more time to execute and cuts down and DPS.

This brings up something I've noticed. I've never seen a male beast use the first two attack combos then wait a bit to start a new combo. Is it possible for them to do so? I'm assuming it is, but seeing as how I've never seen that it makes me wonder.

Innominate
Aug 11, 2007, 10:32 PM
It is harder to hit with from my experience and I do have a beast of both genders for comparison. I try my best to hit things with female nanoblast though.

Pinecone
Aug 11, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-08-11 20:27, Libram wrote:
This brings up something I've noticed. I've never seen a male beast use the first two attack combos then wait a bit to start a new combo. Is it possible for them to do so? I'm assuming it is, but seeing as how I've never seen that it makes me wonder.

I do the first two hit thing, you can also make it go faster to restart if u hold on up to make it move, it speeds it up by like half a second to a full second if u get the timing right, its much faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pinecone on 2007-08-11 20:44 ]</font>

mvffin
Aug 11, 2007, 11:02 PM
as long as you dont use the third hit of the female nano, its all good. its easy to change direction between the first and second attacks. i do find the knockdown attack lacking.

Miyoko
Aug 11, 2007, 11:11 PM
For female nanoblasts, I generally down "down-down-left" (Not sure what the attacks are actually called) and have no trouble hitting things.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 12, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-08-11 16:48, PALRAPPYS wrote:
The male beast Nanoblast is easier to use than the female's. With the male nano, you can change direction with the attack simpler, whereas the female can only continue attacking straight.

You can change directions while attacking with the female nanoblast.Its rather quite simple.Personally i rather dislike the male nanoblast.Its so slow and clumsy IMO.

________
Daihatsu mira gino (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Daihatsu_Mira_Gino)

Alisha
Aug 12, 2007, 12:11 AM
its only hard to hit with the female nano blast if you dont lock on. and the triangle/pa attack has a HUGE hit area

AnnabellaRenee87
Aug 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
On 2007-08-11 15:48, DreamLocke wrote:
(yes, a rl girl was playing her...another rarity lol)

There quite common on PSU360

SabZero
Aug 12, 2007, 04:44 AM
On 2007-08-11 22:11, Alisha wrote:
its only hard to hit with the female nano blast if you dont lock on. and the triangle/pa attack has a HUGE hit area

Wait a minute, I can't lock on in nanoblast form. How do you do it?

And I agree, that it's a bit frustrating. But the normal attack has a wide range, so aiming isn't a priority (just jump in the middle of the group).

The hard attack is good for single big enemies.

SabZero
Aug 12, 2007, 04:46 AM
On 2007-08-11 22:11, Alisha wrote:

Wait a minute, I can't lock on in nanoblast form. How do you do it?

And I agree, that it's a bit frustrating. But the normal attack has a wide range, so aiming isn't a priority (just jump in the middle of the group).

The hard attack is good for single big enemies.

SATatami
Aug 12, 2007, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I miss a lot on Reina... She's so hard to control during nano, and it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to hit small enemies like Pannons and Polties....