PDA

View Full Version : most fun class to play?

atomisk
Aug 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
im just now picking up psu and im having a hard time deciding on if I want to use magic, guns, or melee, because all of them sound fun for different reasons. so I was wanting everyones opinion on which is the most fun to play. also, is there an over population of hunters? one more question, on the xbox 360 trial, will I have to buy the whole game or just a hunters liscence? and will I be able to keep my trial character?

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 05:53 PM
Fortefighter. Seriously.

Well, it is when you know which PAs to use in what situation...

shotsfired
Aug 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
Fortegunner. no explanation needed....

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 05:55 PM
FF -.-

Spamming Dus Daggas -.-!!!

Gravity Break calls us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
Well, gunners are fun as they can wreak havoc on the enemy ranks from yards away. When I do my gunner impersonation as a protranser, I get a big kick out of confusing, freezing and rendering enemies otherwise ineffective with little effort beyond training my bullets.

On the other hand, the utter annihilation that is a well equipped melee is just as much fun. The numbers, the acrobatics, tossing enemies up and down and all around the room like rag dolls...it's all very cathartic.

And forces...um...actually, I can't figure out how the hell playing an fT is fun. You'd have to ask them.

Kylie
Aug 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
Fighgunner for me. Good blend of weapons to choose from and use.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-08-11 15:53, Zorafim wrote:
Fortefighter. Seriously.

Well, it is when you know which PAs to use in what situation...

Raven5_1
Aug 11, 2007, 06:02 PM
fightgunner or fortefighter i'm not sure yet, both use claws, twin claws, daggers, twin daggers, but one has AXE the other has Dbl sabers

gah! i cant choose!

atomisk
Aug 11, 2007, 06:03 PM
hmmm, but do all you fighters tend to get the reaction, "oh god, another fighter" when you join a party?

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 06:04 PM
Not really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niloklives
Aug 11, 2007, 06:15 PM
no, rena gets "OMFG, hacker *boot*"

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 11, 2007, 06:15 PM
Actually, I been the only fortefighter in alot of the parties I played with, lol.

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 06:24 PM
<.< Why mention me! go mention someone else! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

FT'S fun to, Just got to get the PA'S to 21 -.-

Niloklives
Aug 11, 2007, 06:28 PM
cause I was directly responding to you, dear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm pretty hooked on GT myself atm...but FT and FG are a lot of fun too

Anduril
Aug 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
I personally found the most joy from being a Guntecher and a Fortetecher. Killing things from a distance is fun, especially when you can boost your damage with TECHs.

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
Gunner types can be fun but leveling some of the bullet PA's can be a bit of a grind. They may seem one dimensional (shoot things over and over and over) but when you realize how much damage you do over time, status effects you inflict, and how fast you can blaze through missions you won't mind so much. When I get bored of being Rambo I go to my WT alt...who has an entirely different strategy to mix things up.

Wartecher's fun because you can experience every aspect of the game...techs, guns(bows, cards actually) and decent melee. But it's not for everyone; it's kind of a controversial class and not the easiest job to learn how to play effectively. If you don't mind being nerfed a bit for the sake of versatility, it can be a rewarding class to play.

Niloklives
Aug 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
WT is actually my least favorite class...but that will be fized quite well come AoI. being able to melee and cast at the same time s what this class was missing.

HaydenX
Aug 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
GT is really fun. Strong recommendation though...Get a crossbow as your first advanced weapon. The cards are nice, but the damage on a crossbow kicks @$$. I just now got my crossbow. I haven't used my cards in 20 missions.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 11, 2007, 06:41 PM
fighgunner is my favorite, and has the ranged weapons I love the most (dualies/xbow and less so mechgun)
I'm actually worried I'll use my Xbow too much come AoI lol

THE JACKEL

Mystil
Aug 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
Fortegunner.

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-08-11 16:38, NIloklives wrote:
WT is actually my least favorite class...but that will be fized quite well come AoI. being able to melee and cast at the same time s what this class was missing.

It's possible but you have to be adept at switching weapons. But sometimes you don't even want to bother...lol. But yeah, WT isn't the smoothest playing hybrid. It can be fun, but there's a learning curve and you have to watch what you're doing. But if done right, WT can be the backbone of a party.

Having said that, I almost feel guilty playing my GT. He pumps out an endless stream of damage with the crossbow...has SE4s for doing those OMG!!! DOT ticks with an ARMOR piercing bow, and long range truck launchers called +5 grinded duallies. It's almost too easy. No palette management issues, no careful selection of attack/support/debuff techs, just point and shoot.

Only downside is the melee will suck for all of time, but there's really no point to melee with a GT other than to put stuff on the ground with a PA. And for now GT techs are...well, at least we have them... But in AoI GT's will be ignorantly powerful.

Also, as a gunner, I get burnt out from leveling bullets and never really using striking weapons or flashy attack techs. Rangers can feel kind of one dimensional at times. That's why we have alts.

RedX
Aug 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
PT. End of discussion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BeastOblivion
Aug 11, 2007, 07:25 PM
wartecher,because they do alot of damage with technic and melee attacks.

youthisoverrated
Aug 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
FF ot FG. i like the FF skills the most, simply for the fact that they look so pretty lol

Dragwind
Aug 11, 2007, 08:01 PM
The power is yours. I recommend actually that you read the guides that people write in the gameplay area and think the gameplay through.

Innominate
Aug 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
For me Fighgunner even though I'm not currently playing one much.

Morpheo
Aug 11, 2007, 10:53 PM
ALL OF EM, be human, check da sig

Sexy_Raine
Aug 11, 2007, 11:23 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but, fortegunner gets my vote for #1. Due to the fact Sega made techs only come from force weapons, you're forced to look at the same stupid wand/rod animation over and over. I just can't forgive that. Fortetecher gets demoted to 2nd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-11 21:24 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 11, 2007, 11:29 PM
Fortegunner, Love using guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
Fortegunner, or maybe Protranser. ForteGunners get a wide variety of attack styles, from boring aim-at-easy-target-from-a-distance-and-shoot rifle (or even handgun) combat to aggressive shotgun or saber/crossbow offense to debuffing to keeping shit on lockdown. Gunners also make the best decoys...I think? I forgot why I thought Protranser was fun. Probably had something to do with having the melee weapons that didn't have excessive acrobatics combined with the heavy guns. By the way, gunners don't have to deal with shitty animations.

xgp
Aug 11, 2007, 11:47 PM
ues guns mack go bbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm m ahehehehehehe boom

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2007, 12:45 AM
GT cause with a good bow i can do massive damage and i can heal myself whenever i get damaged...

DEM_CIG
GT cause with a good bow i can do massive damage and i can heal myself whenever i get damaged...

DEM_CIG

Jarek
Aug 12, 2007, 01:20 AM
After giving it some thought, I have to say any of the fighter classes. Melee weapons just get all the fun PAs ;o I sometimes find myself wishing there were more jarba so I can use the full combo of Spiral dance on. It's no fun knocking away a bunch of small guys, but stunlocking a jarba and looking cool while doing it = insta win & > mayalee fury

Syl
Aug 12, 2007, 01:32 AM
Guntecher. Why? I'm always down for support classes. GT has the ability to debuff enemies with ranged weapons and heal/buff their teammates. GT isn't a class of selfishness, pretty much you go with your parties needs as they come. For example, helping a fT with healing will allow them to go on a nuking spree and worry less about the team.

Some people tell me GT is a boring class, but I've actually made GT's out of a couple people. No one used to play the class at all until people started to realize how neat they are.

Personally, I just don't have as much fun as with any other class http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Esufer
Aug 12, 2007, 01:34 AM
Fighgunner. Tornado Dance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DonRoyale
Aug 12, 2007, 01:39 AM
You can't, or you won't, have fun with a class if you can't play it right.

Well, one's that outside your style. Whatever you feel the most comfortable doing is the most fun for you. If you're dissatisfied with a class, choose another one.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2007, 03:07 AM
Objectively? FiGunner is the most 'fun' to play.

Fun, to me, means effective, easy to play, and gets good 'stuff'

effective: with 2nd highest ATP, skills to look cool and deal damage, traps, and guns for ranged damage FiGunners always can conribute to combat.

easy to play: only takes 3 levels of gunner and 5 of hunter to become a FiGunner.
Thier guns need only get to level 11 for their current max bonus to elemental %, and increased status and number of bullets
Also, they have a large variety of weapons (both melee and ranged) they can use. Thier stats are quite good as well (above average in everything except MST).

good 'stuff': many of the first S ranks released are figunner only (double sabers, S ranks twin sabers, etc.). That means if you wanted to use a cool weapon, you were a Figunner.

the only thing lacking is resta (the ultimate easy button).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-08-12 01:17 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-08-11 16:58, DreamLocke wrote:

On 2007-08-11 16:38, NIloklives wrote:

It's possible but you have to be adept at switching weapons. But sometimes you don't even want to bother...lol. But yeah, WT isn't the smoothest playing hybrid. It can be fun, but there's a learning curve and you have to watch what you're doing. But if done right, WT can be the backbone of a party.

Having said that, I almost feel guilty playing my GT. He pumps out an endless stream of damage with the crossbow...has SE4s for doing those OMG!!! DOT ticks with an ARMOR piercing bow, and long range truck launchers called +5 grinded duallies. It's almost too easy. No palette management issues, no careful selection of attack/support/debuff techs, just point and shoot.

Only downside is the melee will suck for all of time, but there's really no point to melee with a GT other than to put stuff on the ground with a PA. And for now GT techs are...well, at least we have them... But in AoI GT's will be ignorantly powerful.

Also, as a gunner, I get burnt out from leveling bullets and never really using striking weapons or flashy attack techs. Rangers can feel kind of one dimensional at times. That's why we have alts.

It's not a learning curve. My issue is with how clumsy it plays. I do the class well as it is, but as someone who plays a fighgunner and a guntecher and those classes make sense. WT having to switch to ranged combat to cast techs...it's a severe design flaw and I have no desire to take part of it. once I can cast with one hand and smack things with the other, I will love this class. til then...I'll do something else.

Shardio
Aug 12, 2007, 03:19 PM
Hybrid classes. Except Fighgunner, because all they ever do is use their 'Hunter' part. Except when they can't reach an enemy. AND EVEN THEN...
That class is way too common as well.