PDA

View Full Version : exactly why are you doing HSM?

Raven5_1
Aug 11, 2007, 05:54 PM
i was just thinking about how i lvled 3 jobs to max and an working on a 4th job and i realised something if i keep this up mission points become useless to me and i lose part of the lvling experience(by this i mean working towards lvl'n certain jobs and the satisfaction of seeing that red bar go up at the end of a mission) you get playing normal missions.

also dispite the money you get for getting all 20 samples i'm at that stage where i'm spending it just as quick on upkeep i.e lvling pm's getting synth mats, buying wepons and disks

and the experience on c runs(cant do b yet) isnt much i get around 1k per run. and it takes a hellavalot to lvl up my stats.

so i ask myself why am i doing HSM?

part of it is its the only place besides linear line where i can regularly find low to mid lvl characters to play with, unless i run into a friend who's not doing HSM and wants to do normal missions. also being in the uk means i have weird hours in comparison to us players i go to bed when most are coming on

so what i'm thinking is i'll finish fortefighter and then stop and hope for the best, besides heres hoping theres an influx of players when AOI hits or i reach high enough to join in with the big boys and girls.

but going back to the title, Exactly why are those of you that play HSM playing that mission?

Kylie
Aug 11, 2007, 05:56 PM
I used to do it when I needed mission points, but lately, I've only done it to show friends that quit and came back.

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
Seems like a fun mission, the first couple of times through. I'm sure it gets old fast, though. I only ever did it to see what it was like, even then only on C rank.

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
I don't need the MP anymore because I'm content with the job classes for both my guys.

I do it for money...but right now I don't really need it all that badly. I will after I equip my alt...

I also do it because it's easy as heck for me to find a party there (both my guys are unusually tall and stand out in the crowd, have bows and either a blast badge or SUV's). It's also a chance to interact with real people once in a while since I have phases where I just do a lot of soloing. Just nice to hear a human voice once in a while.

Best case scenario we get a party together of decent levels and go somewhere else for xp.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 11, 2007, 06:15 PM
I did it to level basic classes on an alt, that's about it

THE JACKEL

Ezodagrom
Aug 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
I do it for meseta, to feed my partner machinerys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

McLaughlin
Aug 11, 2007, 06:21 PM
I need the meseta and the Mission Points.

Mayu
Aug 11, 2007, 06:22 PM
MP

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 06:23 PM
After one of my guys reaches level 60 or so, I'll start playing my brand new badass CAseal. She'll be doing HSM for a while.

Anduril
Aug 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
I just do it for the Meseta and Mission Points. I only play with pickup parties so its not really all that fun for me when I"m out of the loop with what off topic thing they are talking about.

LLSmoothJ
Aug 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'm only doing HSM for money (To afford weapon boards & materials) and to level up my low character's classes.

Mystil
Aug 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
Not really a good source of MP anyone since I could just head to CoR. But it's been for quick money mostly.

Complex_Jao
Aug 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
I hate that run.ST needs to take it out

Realmz
Aug 11, 2007, 08:28 PM
I do it for money more then anything, i'd rather do s2 missions for money, but my friends ain't on all the time ya know?

also if the money doesn't outweigh your upkeep, you should probably discard an island or a plains....

DonRoyale
Aug 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
Meseta. I don't need MP except on my Protranser, for obvious reasons, and most other missions either take too long or give crap money.

Wallin
Aug 11, 2007, 09:33 PM
I go there because it's the only place in the game you can reliably find a group if you're not high enough for S2 missions.

Esufer
Aug 12, 2007, 01:27 AM
Nothing better to do.

Powder Keg
Aug 12, 2007, 01:42 AM
Are you guys just doing C for 10k? Because that really doesn't seem worth it to me.

APEXi
Aug 12, 2007, 03:52 AM
i'll do B to get some meseta while levelling bullets. do A for fun

darthplagis
Aug 12, 2007, 05:40 AM
the thing is if you are pretty new (say around firebreak joining) then you cant do S2 easilly and finding a party when you are in the limbo of lvl 45-55 where all you can really do is PA frag runs with a group, HSM is a great way to meet ppl and get some quick cash for not much effort, granted the challenge of B rank when you are at the levels above is a little funny esp when you get those "OMG you are gonna die, you suck!! NOOB" when you get stuck in the kamatoze dambarta (yeah it sux but thats what they do and sometimes you just get unlucky) because the party split up thinking "its easy on C, it cant be too hard on B" leaving you to contend with 2 cameltoes i mean kamatoze.

so basically id say the cash is the cause of HSM congestion

Raven5_1
Aug 12, 2007, 05:48 AM
well thinking about it i've decided i'm gonna use hsm to finish lvling up FF on both my chars and try to save some mesta, maybe see if i can earn a million mesta lol.

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 10:45 AM
Money and/or MP for basic classes.

Urtri
Aug 12, 2007, 11:15 AM
Mostly just for quick and easy MP to get the advance Classes, But if i'am in need of some quick cash i head back there though not very often.

DreamLocke
Aug 12, 2007, 11:39 AM
I'll be doing HSM again for a while because last night I got impulsive and bought 2 cometaras for my WT which was unnecessary. Someone needs to remind me not to go shopping at 3am when I can barely keep my eyes open.

OP/poll creator...it's MESETA. I hear people say "mesta" all the time on 360. Just a pet peeve, sorry.

Sha Sha
Aug 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
How do YOU pronouce meseta?

Me-Set-ta
*meh-seh-ta*
thats how i say it >>

anyway back to topic
i do it for leveling my alt's basic class of Force she has now hit Fortetecher
woo! money is nice as well my main will need it later when i start hunting better armor

fireant
Aug 12, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-08-12 10:01, Tsukuyo wrote:
How do YOU pronouce meseta?

Me-Set-ta
*meh-seh-ta*
thats how i say it >>

Thats what Ethan said in story mode.
I/m doing the mission to finish my last guntecher level and to see how far away i can shot the berry on the left path.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fireant on 2007-08-12 11:34 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 12, 2007, 03:47 PM
I only did HSM for the MP so I could cap my basic classes.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

PJ
Aug 12, 2007, 04:33 PM
I use HSM to get quick basic classes done, then to kick start the advanced classes.