PDA

View Full Version : What race do you Not play on PSU?

Raven5_1
Aug 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
Okay i've come to realise i'm a racist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif What i mean is when i make character creation choices i never consider newmans and thinking about it further i probably wont play newmans ever. i think it goes back to my dislike of fonewman's on PSO

so my question is which race's do you avoid as a character creation choice and why? ALSO NOTE: this isnt about gender its about the race as a whole.

Xaeris
Aug 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
Newmans. I mean, it's not that I don't want to...given the option, I'd seriously consider remaking my main into a male newman. Not so much for stats or anything, I just like the look of the ears and they do the WT thing well enough. Still, that boat's sailed and the other character slots wouldn't accomodate a newman very well.

There had to be a slot for a gunner, so a cast got that one. Then there needed to be one to be a fT and move onto AT in AoI; I made a second human for that. And of course, I have my fembeast. It's like, a rule, that everyone has to have one.

Piper_Maru
Aug 11, 2007, 06:51 PM
I've never played as a Cast. Not in PSO, and not in PSU =P

I just dont like robots I suppose. Ironic thing is that I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner.

Zorafim
Aug 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
Humans are too generic. Newman are now pansies, compared to what I had expected. (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/rikatitl.gif) Beasts are too low class. That leaves Casts, which I have never regretted (unless I thought about what newmen could have been like).

Anduril
Aug 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
I don't play humans. Too plain for my tastes.

RedX
Aug 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
Newmans. Darn elves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sychosis
Aug 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
Beasts and Humans. Beasts are fugly, and CASTs are every bit as capable in melee combat. Humans are just too gimp in every class except fT/WT compared to CASTs.

Raven5_1
Aug 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
to be honest the only reason my supossed main is human is i've been waiting for a human female hunter since PSO, i promised myself i would have one. now i have her i dont mind the plainess she's a genius of hardwork! and i modeled her on one of my fav comicbook characters Sage, from the xmen.

VanHalen
Aug 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
I hate Beast, mainly male Beast. That hare lip is annoying to look at, and they make clothes look bad <_<.

I'm more of a Human and Newman person and a little bit of CAST.

BeastOblivion
Aug 11, 2007, 07:30 PM
I hate Casts andhumans,my favorite type is newman and my second is beast.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
I tend to play my cast the most, then my newman, then my beast...

I made a human, but he is so...average.

DurakkenX
Aug 11, 2007, 07:35 PM
i have a male cast, female cast, and 2 male humans...in extramode i have a male newman char and i've had a female newman...I also had a male beast the jp servers in the second world.

chaoskila
Aug 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
i thnk u shudnt be humans cuz they sux and they dont ahve any thnk special at all
think about it new mans have the halarod
casts have the SUV and Killer elite
beasts have the Nanoblast and gudda hon

HFlowen
Aug 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
Casts.... walking refrigerators.
Beasts are ugly as sin.
Newmans are meh... don't like the ears.

I'm fine as a Human.

youthisoverrated
Aug 11, 2007, 07:40 PM
newmans, i found that technics are extremely hard for me to use. and their hp is low. other than that i have no problems with any of the races.

Kanju
Aug 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
I play(or rather, have tried out) all of the races. However, I made a CAST last and have played my human the least. My newman takes up most of my time.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
I have 4 characters, my main is a male human, and I also have a male beast and two newmans, one dude and one chick. I guess that makes CAST the one race I don't play. My Human's a Fighgunner now, and I know that CAST may be better, even if just slightly, but I wanted my PSO HUmar, and he'll be an Acrofighter which I think Human may do better due to the importance of high EVP in that class, and Humans being practicaly the same as CAST in the other important stats.

Esufer
Aug 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
I won't play anything other than CAST or occasionally human.

Kylie
Aug 11, 2007, 08:13 PM
Human. I wouldn't play newman either if I wasn't in the mood to cast TECHs sometimes.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 11, 2007, 08:19 PM
I never make beasts, because I think they're really ugly as hell, I'd tell you guys the funny name that I came up with for their upper lip, but then you'd all quote it forever so forth and say "ZOMG LOOK AT THIS 1337 WORD I MADE UP"

EDIT: ...and people who play as beasts are seemingly A-holes most of the time, because they call CASTs tin cans and garbage compactors. It must be hard to judge when you're bent over backwards licking your own crack, beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-11 18:20 ]</font>

Greaus
Aug 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
I have a char of each race. The human is my least favorite I would say. All other races have something going for them. Beasts excel at melle and have beast mode. Cast excel at guns and have SUV's, Newmans techs are plenty powerful to make up for low HP. Humans excel at... uhm... nothing really, and have no special attack or weapon to make up for it.

Be it, this is all just personal opinion. Like I said as well I do have a human char. So I obviously don't hate them to the point I wouldn't play it. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

DonRoyale
Aug 11, 2007, 09:01 PM
Beasts. Because I'm just...uncomfortable playing them.

I suppose that will change if we get more character slots come AoI.

xgp
Aug 11, 2007, 09:24 PM
cast rock i play one cart in pso and psu and it was a cast in pso the guner cast and in psu i am fg so i jast love bots gundam pso psu armored core transfomers long live the bots

Sinue_v2
Aug 11, 2007, 09:26 PM
Beasts. Those harelips bother me... and they're generally played by furries.

DreamLocke
Aug 11, 2007, 09:28 PM
I have a beast and a CAST...I could never give up SUV's or nano-blast. Plus I like playing non-human races in rpgs, just a thing I do. I had an elvaan in FFXI, but their stats are more comparable to beasts in PSU than newmen.

gundam0079
Aug 11, 2007, 09:29 PM
i dont play with beasts cuz they arnt original from PSO. but mostly just CAST and NEWMAN

SolomonGrundy
Aug 11, 2007, 09:32 PM
EDIT: ...and people who play as beasts are seemingly A-holes most of the time, because they call CASTs tin cans and garbage compactors. It must be hard to judge when you're bent over backwards licking your own crack, beasts.

let's not talk about omgpirate2000 wen he isn't here todefend himself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I keed! I keed!

Sinue_v2
Aug 11, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-08-11 19:29, gundam0079 wrote:
i dont play with beasts cuz they arnt original from PSO. but mostly just CAST and NEWMAN

CASTS and NEWMEN weren't original to PSO...

omegapirate2k
Aug 11, 2007, 10:24 PM
Newmans, I've never desired to play fortetecher, and even if I have a sudden urge, my little brothers character is a male newman fortetecher.

Innominate
Aug 11, 2007, 10:28 PM
I had a human once. Once!

Jife_Jifremok
Aug 11, 2007, 10:41 PM
Beasts. Ugly lips, low ATA (not that I really know how problematic this is), and furry.

Numen. Insanely cute and primarily magic types. I see no point in playing a male one and I'm not the type to use female characters online. Besides, having a cute numan companion at my side beats the shit outta having one in my character roster.

CASTs. I used to play one, but becuase they utterly FAIL on the big, clunky walking refridgerator aesthetic (no matter what, EVERY CAST feels exactly like playing a hideous fleshie!), I stopped playing them. For clunky walking refridgerators, I'll stick with GunGriffon, Armored Core and RAD. THOSE are robots, dammit! Not these damned Pinnochio-botswho want to be real people! When AOI comes I might use a Megaman-type CAST, though I would certainly feel more comfortable having one of those in a 2D game than a 3D one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-08-11 20:43 ]</font>

Wallin
Aug 11, 2007, 11:13 PM
I don't particularly like Beasts, and I don't like the way Newman males look, but I would play everything else.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
There are no beasts under me. It came down to a human and a beast as my 2nd servant, but I sure don't want a damn beast gunner! So Nova wins hands down, also I needed someone to live up to my fiiiiiness, so I hired a human to serve me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

D1ABOLIK
Aug 12, 2007, 12:15 AM
I rather dispise cast.First off they all look the same,and they all look ugly to me.I think beast women look the coolest and are my favorite of all.Newman are o.k.Humans are to plain.Cast are just ugly and i dont think i could really relate and grow with a character thats a robot.

________
CRF250X (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CRF250X)

landman
Aug 12, 2007, 01:11 AM
I hate humanity, in all their dimensions xD

Funny, I never noticed my beast's lips being strange, maybe his black skin hides that thing that lot of people hate, and well, this hate to Beast makes me like them more now lol

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 01:17 AM
No beasts or newmans for me.

Alisha
Aug 12, 2007, 04:41 AM
can i say males? if not then newman since i dont care much for techer types other than wartecher.

EMPYREAN
Aug 12, 2007, 01:19 PM
i never play as a human cus ther r no jobs they r good at.

XxTylerxX
Aug 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
humans have no special abilities... THEY SUCK...(no offense to any1 that is a human but the only thing they have is crea and they are the worst in the game)

RuPiKa
Aug 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
I'm already a human why "play" as one on a M-RPG? Also, nothing really stands out about the race.

MrNomad
Aug 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
My favorite has always been the CAST. My Main looks like a blue gundam too. Humans are good, its just whenever I see any humans they ALWAYS have the red over coat and that ethan weber hair cut. Come on, why not the classica outfit?! It makes you look like the main character in PSII http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif My human has that look and he's WT. Most Beast players are pretty much assholes, but then again how can you blame them? The only classes they look good in are hunter classes, and by look good I dont mean actual looks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Btw, I dont think furries like playing beasts..Well, at least not sonic furries I believe. And Numans...I dont like playing short panzy looking space elves!

DraginHikari
Aug 12, 2007, 01:57 PM
I play as any race expect Beasts, I just don't particularly like them.

ashley50
Aug 12, 2007, 02:16 PM
I have 1 CAST and 2 Caseals and 1 Female Newman. Humans are quite fine on my scales but OFF LIMITS to Beasts.
Yes...I am a Racist to PSU races ESPECIALLY Beasts.
I consider CASTs to be the Superior race IMO.

Golto
Aug 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
Silly migens.

Finae
Aug 12, 2007, 02:19 PM
Humans. They suck, yet I told my gf to make one. I'll only use her human when she has 3 luck. I'd explain my reasons on why I think they aren't any good, but I'm tired of typing up that same long ass post so take it like it is.

Most beast players a-hats lol? I dunno, newmans are the ones that are azzhats. They remind me of tarutaru of ffxi as most tarus I met always started crap haha. All that intelligence for that race, no wonder they are azzhats. Think they know everything. Beast females though? Yeah, they are pretty fugly, but my beast male is hawter than any ugly human, newman, or some retarded cast male with wings. Same thing goes for my newman female.

But really, I only hate short or extremely tall people. Race don't really matter. Add on the clothing you wear (esp if you're female) which may be fugly, your chars voice, and I don't like ya at all haha (won't say nothin tho).

-Tidus_415-
Aug 12, 2007, 02:44 PM
Beasts = Ugly (Look at the nose and their lips...)
Casts = Dumb Looking (Airplane wings. Enough Said)

Shardio
Aug 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
Beasts. They are too obvious.
*Beast enters Party*
"Hi."
"Whar'z da monstarz? I ned moar Nanobalst!!1"
"Bye."
*Leaves party.*

Sha Sha
Aug 12, 2007, 04:54 PM
Cast ><

Jakosifer
Aug 12, 2007, 05:01 PM
I avoided them all except for human...Heh, silly me.

PJ
Aug 12, 2007, 05:03 PM
I have all classes, but if they're one class I probably wouldn't play, it's Newman, only cause my Human is my force character.

Although by actual Race stuff, it'd be CAST. Especially female CAST, since everyone who makes one seems to make them super super SUPER ugly. Well, same with female beast. BUT YA KNOW

Gryffin
Aug 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
I didn't make a newman.. I don't NOT like them, although Pointy ears don't make me want one.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ulyoth
Aug 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
Cast Supremacy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ZeL_of_Seals
Aug 12, 2007, 10:34 PM
im sorry i hate newmans, i perfer beasts because im a close ranged fighter, then humans then casts but never will i use newmans they are too weak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZeL_of_Seals on 2007-08-12 20:42 ]</font>

ZeL_of_Seals
Aug 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-08-12 13:14, Shardio wrote:
Beasts. They are too obvious.
*Beast enters Party*
"Hi."
"Whar'z da monstarz? I ned moar Nanobalst!!1"
"Bye."
*Leaves party.*

wow you make beasts look stupid well my main is a beast and I play like eveyone else and never go saying I need nano or wutever youre implying i play like every well manered player out there who doesnt speak in leet speak.
also, im sick of hearing things like beasts are pathetic or they dont realize how weak they are. beasts excel in strength, casts in accuracy, newmans in inttelligence. thats how it works thats how it is.

Midicronica
Aug 12, 2007, 10:43 PM
Don't have a human character. Might make one with the expansion. Highly doubtful though..

Sinue_v2
Aug 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
wow you make beasts look stupid

Most Beasts are critically stupid. You see it all the time in HSM. Some dumb-shit beast will ALWAYS Nano-Blast in the final boss room... and it's ALWAYS the Power Nano. So of course, they can't heal - and they do knock-back attacks, which cause it to spin = dead beast and pissed off party members. EVERY time.

If I'm in range, I'll try to resta - but good support shouldn't be used as a crutch to insure against stupidity. And I sure as hell am not going to risk getting caught in that shit-storm to Resta some stupid Beast who can't stop attacking long enough to dodge a move that thing is invincible during anyhow.

And, of course - when they're not Nano'd they use Dark Weapons against it. Enjoy your Megid.

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 11:16 PM
Anyone who chooses the power nano is critically stupid...period. The Defense is the best from what I've seen.

I have a beast in extra mode at lvl 45. My brother has one (we share the account), but I have no intentions on one. I hate 'em. Not only do I agree that they look stupid, but they are only good for one thing...FF. Casts have somewhat comparable ATP in hybrid classes and they hit a lot more.

WTF IS WITH THOSE GODDAMN EARS ON A BEAST?

Tita
Aug 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
i like funny ears.

i can't bring myself to play a human, even though i love playing hybrid classes.

drizzle
Aug 13, 2007, 02:38 AM
I have 2 human, a newman and a beast character. I don't like how CASTs look in this game and they're kind of pointless stat-wise anyway.

BahnKnakyu
Aug 13, 2007, 03:26 AM
I play all races, but I hate female newmans the most. Too many of them out there.

HiroSan
Aug 13, 2007, 03:59 AM
Hmm...i don't think any of the races suck at all. Personally i find Humans awesome, for the fact that its the only race despite not having any real strenghts or things they EXCEL the most out of any other race, but the fact that they have NO weaknesses...

Newmans, Casts and Beasts...yeah u all got ur strengths in certain apsects, but because of that, u all have ur weaknesses as well. I see people on here really only look at the GOOD things about a race and not the bad ones...

And of course, to those of you who do run the non-human races, u all know ur weaknesses. If not, go research lol...but i just wanted to defend those people who DO use Human chars, because a lot of ppl seemed to be just belittlin us Human players sayin "HUMANS SUCK" just because we don't excel at anything haha. Just wanted to point that out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

amtalx
Aug 13, 2007, 06:58 AM
I don't do humans. I hate mediocrity.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 13, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-08-12 11:52, MrNomad wrote:
My favorite has always been the CAST. My Main looks like a blue gundam too. Humans are good, its just whenever I see any humans they ALWAYS have the red over coat and that ethan weber hair cut. Come on, why not the classica outfit?! It makes you look like the main character in PSII http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif My human has that look and he's WT. Most Beast players are pretty much assholes, but then again how can you blame them? The only classes they look good in are hunter classes, and by look good I dont mean actual looks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Btw, I dont think furries like playing beasts..Well, at least not sonic furries I believe. And Numans...I dont like playing short panzy looking space elves!

You know, you can easily just adjust the height of Newmans, right? They don't have to be short. >.>

Raven5_1
Aug 13, 2007, 07:10 AM
if the newman's were like the eldar i would be all over them.

Jaspaller
Aug 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
Haven't touched Beast or Cast yet. I probably won't be touching either for a while. I don't need a nano-blast or SUV to be good at this game, though others playing them are a nice addition to the party.

-Rune-
Aug 13, 2007, 11:01 AM
i just can't bring myself to make a Newman character. As a FT they are just boring in my opinion yay highest dmg and all that but meh, having the highest attack isn't always the most exciting thing.

I wouldn't make one as melee, because even though not having the highest dmg isn't that important having below par dmg sucks too xD

Low HP is annoying in the higher ranked missions I'd guess and lastly... there really isn't anything special to them in my opinion.

DreamLocke
Aug 13, 2007, 11:20 AM
What's up with the "beast players are stupid" stereotype?

I don't nano every chance I get, but I have Vande Val(incincible) so I don't take any damage or status effects at all. My nanoblast charges quickly because I use a lot of multi-hit weapons but I'm selective of when I use my blast badge. No need to babysit me because I cannot get hurt or die in that 35 second period. I don't spin Kagajibari in HSM because I don't use the knockdown/back combo against them.

Beast ATA has to be the biggest crutch, IMO. Right now it affects the ranged weapons I can equip. Later on when I get to S2's I know I'm going to whiff attacks a lot, but as a WT I can buff my own accuracy and debuff mob ATA which is kind of nice.

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 13, 2007, 02:56 PM
I've made a total of 6 characters since JP launch, 4 Human and 2 Beast. I play Humans I guess because I like the realism they possess for me. Beasts were new and I wanted to try one.

I tend to avoid Cast and Newman mainly because I perceive them as being so popular. I would play Cast before I played Newman though, so I guess my vote goes for Newman.

Shardio
Aug 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
Well, actually I was referring to the in-game universe, where Beasts are, generally, the 'stupid' race... >.>

Edit: It does seem funny how beast players responded to it though. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shardio on 2007-08-13 13:02 ]</font>

MAGNUShunter
Aug 13, 2007, 03:41 PM
Never been a cast.

-Rune-
Aug 13, 2007, 04:09 PM
wow so much racism and stereotypes in this world... guess we're not much different than earth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

First off not all beast players are stupid geez, I've met a fair share of idiots in all "genders" and races, so scratch that.

Secondly for whoever said fighters are all beasts are good for, then I have my Beast Fortetecher to prove you wrong in more ways than one.

I already said my opinion earlier but I just wanna state that the stereotypes need to be downplayed a bit. It's not like the person behind the TV/monitor is really a beast,cast, or newman http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

chibiLegolas
Aug 13, 2007, 04:22 PM
I can't stand the look of beasts right now. Unless they let us nanoblast with the correct proportions we've customed our characters to be, then I'm not planning to make one.

I enjoy looking at my slim built male character. And if he's gonna nonoblast into an ugly, super bulky, hulk like creature, that's a HUGE turn off for me. Females look nice enough, but like the males, they all gonna look the same in nano blast form.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 13, 2007, 04:30 PM
I have a Beast and I still don't nanoblast, so its not like you HAVE to use it. Its there, but you don't have to use it, you can just be like a Human with better stats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Immortal44
Aug 13, 2007, 04:51 PM
Casts eat newman babies! jkjk but have you ever noticed that there arent that many newmans on PC/PS2. Lots of casts though. Personally I find playing as a cast boring. I like more close combat fighting. (beasts and humans ftw!)

ThEoRy
Aug 13, 2007, 05:10 PM
Where's the option for "I've never been anything other than a Newman."?

Darkly
Aug 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
For me its Newman, I mean i like the class stats wise but, those ears freak me out. There so long and pointy they just make me shudder thinking about them.

mll
Aug 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
I never play beasts because i object to their design.
When they announced them i expected them to look like a werewolf or something.
Then they turned out to be a boring human with stoopid ears (apparently we don't have
enough of them, stares at newman).

MSAksion
Aug 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
Beast. Not just cause my brother is already one and we don't need two beasts.

Well... its like... how can i kill something if i can't HIT it first @_@ all those zeros are depressing. Swords and guns rely heavily on Accuracy and for Beast TECH Power is pretty low compared to a human or newman.

Plus the nanoblasting - the only useful one is the shortest one - the invincibility. Cant use POWER or DEFENSE if you're being burned to death without the ability to TRIMATE. You're supposed to charge headlong into a group of vanda all Huffy Puffy but your fur catches fire and you DIE wasting your nano.

Unless you have a newman Fortetecher hand-cuffed to you while you nano... but how is a Healer supposed to wade into that same squad of vanda and expect to survive? AND that healer can't launch multi-hitting squad TECH-NUKES while healing the big bad boy @_@

Aralia
Aug 13, 2007, 09:09 PM
I play all the races, each one has a class that just feels right to me.
My cast is a fG, newman is a fT, Beast is a FG, and human is a fF.

Plus, I feel that not playing a race means you're missing out on some of what the game has to offer.

On 2007-08-11 18:19, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-11 18:20 ]</font>

Had to have this in my reply....

Way to stereotype the beast population, no... really.. way to go.
I call all races names jokingly, but never to be an asshole.

Seriously.. sterotyping like this went out with the 90's. =/

Only stereotype that I'll believe is that almost every beast fF has a high and mighty view of their worth simply because of them having the highest atp.
Then once they nanoblast they want the force to heal them non-stop, taking their attention away from other matters, such as dishing out mega damage through dam-techs, or keeping the -REST- of the party alive.
This one I've seen far to often to -not- feel is true.

Course, that's only the pc/ps2 version. I know people are much different between the 2 servers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sinue_v2
Aug 13, 2007, 09:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/FunnyEars.jpg

LS_Aksion
Aug 13, 2007, 10:17 PM
*Sigh i have to be honest... cant play Neuman. perhaps Male Neuman would be accurate.

cant stand being incredably... lacking in every other stat besides an oustanding raw TECH. but thats why a Neuman Female is BETTER at.

My opinion: Neu-Girl Magic-Witch & a Beast Male Preist/Cleric [WT] as a body-guard. Together creates intresting results http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LS_Aksion on 2007-08-13 20:19 ]</font>

Jioruji
Aug 14, 2007, 12:41 AM
I've played every race and have each of my charachters for each race in the classes that amplify their strengths and weaknesses. A cast fortegunner, a newman fortetecher, a beast fortefighter, and a human protranser. It seemed like a rather good idea to me.

Given the use of the right units, it's possible to use races that are not in natural posession of the key stat of a certain class very effectively. And besides this point, PSU is a game, don't get extremely serious about being the best and "putting people in their place", have fun.

Cz
Aug 14, 2007, 12:45 AM
i got all four race and all four slots used. I love them all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

XCOPY
Aug 14, 2007, 12:58 AM
Humans are such boring trash in this game. I'd never waste my time playing one of those pointless characters. heh, and I don't even play the game anymore...I just dropped by to spout some hate.

BanF
Aug 14, 2007, 01:19 AM
Next time, put some effort into it, I don't think anyone got offended.

I play them all! Enough to claim those people who claim one race's superior to the others are just stroking their own ego to hide their insecurities.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 14, 2007, 01:39 AM
Only stereotype i beleive is that 90% of casts think they are better than everyone else and are ignorant to the benefits of other classes.As shown by the constant "cast supremacy" i always see flashed across the screen in lobbies.Every cast character i have talked to online asked me why i picked my character,why i didnt pick a cast,then goes on this long rant about cast are the greatest class ever,and blah,blah,blah.Seriously every class has its benefits.So i picked a beast,so i dont like cast,so leave me the F alone about it already.I think i have almost b listed every cast on the server for this reason.
EDIT: Also this thread should be locked before it gets to hot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-08-13 23:41 ]</font>
________
Portable vaporier review (http://vaporizer.org/portable)

ShadowDragon28
Aug 14, 2007, 01:59 AM
Dang.. why all the virtual racism in this thread?

It's really ridicoulous IMO. Race doesn't matter, actions and behaivor are what matter. And in a VIDEOGAME, it's all skill, timing, and forethought that matters, not what f*king race your player-character is.

So no need to spew blatant or veiled hate-filled rhetoric about Sci-Fi/Fantasy races! jeez.

Hatemachine
Aug 14, 2007, 03:48 AM
Wow disregarding all the other bundles of fun posts.

I didnt bother playing with humans got 2 casts 1 beast and a neuman.

Way I see it it's a fantsy game why play something base and familiar go with the weird stuff see what happens.

Just me or are some folks taking this type of thing to seriously?

Feelmirath
Aug 14, 2007, 05:58 AM
I play one of every race. Good to have a bit of variety, yes yes? )b

Akaimizu
Aug 14, 2007, 11:04 AM
For me, I originally picked human because there's just an exotic-ness about being a race in which nobody questioned no matter what class you picked. Of course, once Tynselle was created, and the story was put in place, I couldn't see that character as anything else. The whole idea of the circus, the business behind it, just seems so much like a human idea. I also wanted a closer connection to an actual human civilization within the character.

For me, I've played them all, actually. Though I currently mainly run with a Human and a Beast. My Beta character was Newman, and is likely my 3rd character. Offline and the Demos is when I normally play casts. Not that I have anything against them, it's just my backstory ideas started with Human and Beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-08-14 09:06 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Aug 14, 2007, 11:18 AM
I only have 2 cast and 1 beast male but that is due to their background story.

DreamLocke
Aug 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
I have a beast and a cast, so I don't have the "beasts are the best" or "cast supremacy" thing in my head.

They're both techers, so go figure on that one. So I'm not shouting out how beast FF are the best or how a cast FG is the most uber class/race in the game. In fact I'm actually considering leveling as a FT on my beast for a while just to shake things up.

I'm almost never a human in online RPGs...I just like to be exotic. But in PSU, it's humans that are the exotic ones lol.

I had a newman male in the demo wanted but to do some melee as well. I also wanted to try out a beast since that was new to the PSO/PSU universe. So Chimera Trigger was born and I haven't looked back. My big, buffed out newman male in the demo just didn't seem right.

I made a CAST to fill my gunner slot; I had a RAcast and HUcaseal in PSO and remember them fondly. I mainly played rangers on DC PSO. In PSU you can make your CAST completely different looking...big, bulky Gundam-types, or sleek and agile in appearance. It's like playing several different characters at once.

I can't see myself using a human or newman, though. I considered a fembeast, but I think 3 characters are enough for me. I made a Caseal recently but she is pretty much inactive until AoI. Caseals just look badass IMO.

unicorn
Aug 14, 2007, 06:36 PM
Humans bore me to tears. Beasts are just plain ugly.....

Newmans and CASTs for me (two completely different races...neh?).

I find that I can do ANYTHING with a CAST. I can stab, snipe, and buff you to til you laugh at my CAST buffs.

As for newmans....well I just like their ethereal appearance.

Humans have nothing good going for them...and you know what? I kinda like having some weaknesses. If I didnt want a racial special, and was primarily going to be a techer (since humans suck at everything but wartecher and fortetecher), I would just choose Newman.

I can do practically everything a Beast can do with my CAST and be saved from that ugly upper lip and nose. Not to mention, some of the time, Nanoblast is a hassle for a party (those things die ya know), and SUVs still do alot of damage, without risking a player in the process. Imagine being in a party when everyone dies by De Ragan (sans scrapedolls) and the only player left to use moons, is a Beast in Nanoblast?

Wash
Aug 14, 2007, 07:17 PM
I haven't played as a Human in a long time... I like having a specialty that I can focus on. I mean they're still fine, but I personally don't use them.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 14, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-08-14 16:36, super_luu wrote:
Humans bore me to tears. Beasts are just plain ugly.....

Newmans and CASTs for me (two completely different races...neh?).

I find that I can do ANYTHING with a CAST. I can stab, snipe, and buff you to til you laugh at my CAST buffs.

As for newmans....well I just like their ethereal appearance.

Humans have nothing good going for them...and you know what? I kinda like having some weaknesses. If I didnt want a racial special, and was primarily going to be a techer (since humans suck at everything but wartecher and fortetecher), I would just choose Newman.

I can do practically everything a Beast can do with my CAST and be saved from that ugly upper lip and nose. Not to mention, some of the time, Nanoblast is a hassle for a party (those things die ya know), and SUVs still do alot of damage, without risking a player in the process. Imagine being in a party when everyone dies by De Ragan (sans scrapedolls) and the only player left to use moons, is a Beast in Nanoblast?

Uhh, I play a Human, and lemme see here, Humans, they suck at, what was that again? Oh yeah, they suck at NOTHING.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 14, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-08-14 17:47, Shiroryuu wrote:
Uhh, I play a Human, and lemme see here, Humans, they suck at, what was that again? Oh yeah, they suck at NOTHING.

QFT.

PSU unfortunately doesn't have hybrid races like "Half-Newman", "Half-Beast", "Cyborg", or even "Half-Dragon."

My main character is "human" by lack-of choices in alternative or half-breed races, but RP-wise He is actually part dragon he just appears to be "human."

DarkShadowX
Aug 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
I've played as CAST, Beast, Newman. Never tried Human(even tho I have one), not that I got anything against Humans, as some of the best ppl I've played with(and still do) use Humans. Its just something I haven't had the time nor the need to do.