PDA

View Full Version : Soloing, is it possible?

Garasu
Aug 11, 2007, 11:47 PM
So, I plan on soloing from here on out..(well, I plan on soloing once I start again..) anyone have any suggestions?

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2007, 11:48 PM
Make a Fortetecher

beatrixkiddo
Aug 11, 2007, 11:49 PM
FF can't solo well unless you have a lot of 50%s (which not everyone does >.>)

Mayu
-.-

Anyone can solo well

Except for maybe PT's <.< I ono I haven't played one! someone tell us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

360NyTeMaRe
Yeah, soloing is very easy, recommended if you're a gunner or techer, but it's just something to try if you're a fighter or protranser.

Anduril
Aug 11, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-08-11 21:48, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Make a Fortetecher

That or a Guntecher, and stick to missions one rank lower than what you can do, ie. if you can do an S2 do an S instead, if you want mission rewards. That is all I can say.

Garasu
Aug 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
Would a Fighgunner work at all?

HFlowen
Aug 11, 2007, 11:54 PM
Protransers are not suited for soloing, we just don't have much mobility.

In retrospect, a smart PT is great party player.

Sinue_v2
Aug 11, 2007, 11:57 PM
Eh, I don't have a lot of problems soloing the top tier stuff I can access. It just takes a lot longer. Also, I avoid anything with Megid like the plague. I use a Newman WT. Self-Buffs, Debuffs, moderate melee skills... not a problem. Also, be sure to invite a few NPC's along. Even if they don't do a lot of damage, they're good for distractions and meatshields so everything isn't all ganging up on you at once.

Yeah, it's possible to solo - but at the speed you'll be going, it's not really worth it. Until you can take down enemies at a fairly fast clip, it's better to just speed-run the easier missions. Moatoob A-Z runs tend to net a lot of exp in a relatively short amount of time. You're not going to gain crap for MP though, and you can't solo HSM ~ so you're out of luck on that one.

McLaughlin
Aug 11, 2007, 11:57 PM
Possibly People are suggesting -techer classes because of the Resta it brings, which will save you a lot of money on healing items.

If you go with a melee class without techs (Fortefighter, Fighgunner, Protranser) you'd do well to acquire some high-quality gear.

-Gunner classes are easy to solo with because of the status effects they allow you to inflict; the most useful being Burn and Infect. You can just Burn or Infect an enemy and then run around until it dies.

Might I ask why you want to solo?

Garasu
Aug 12, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-08-11 21:57, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Might I ask why you want to solo?

Well I soloed all of PSO, Id like to keep all the drops for myself, and sometimes I hate the parties Im in...

Garasu
Aug 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
Pretty much...

HFlowen
Aug 12, 2007, 12:01 AM
Soloing online is a bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

Anduril
Aug 12, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-08-11 22:01, HFlowen wrote:

True, but some people feel that the extra content compared to offline may be enough to justify paying to play online even if it is just solo.

HFlowen
Aug 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
I'd go with guntecher. In the higher tier missons, the larger enemies have a lot of HP, level 30 bullets will take care of them with high level status effects like fire and virus.

You can also use resta and low level buffs.

D1ABOLIK
Aug 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-08-11 22:02, Anduril wrote:

On 2007-08-11 22:01, HFlowen wrote:

True, but some people feel that the extra content compared to offline may be enough to justify paying to play online even if it is just solo.

Thats why i solo online.Honestly if extra mode had even half of the stuff it SHOULD,i wouldnt even play online.

________
Iolite portable vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/iolite-vaporizer)

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2007, 12:36 AM
If ur gona solo go guntecher, fortetecher, or maybe fortegunner.

Sinue_v2
Aug 12, 2007, 12:37 AM
I agree as well. As I've said, online mode isn't very important to me. The next Phantasy Star title can be a completely offline story-driven affair and I would be just as happy with it.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
fighgunner will improve soloing in AoI with 30 bullets, giving Xbow SE3

THE JACKEL

Dhylec
Aug 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
I play with friends any chance I can, but solo alot. My main is WT, so I can say I'm pretty much self-sufficient for soloing.

Also, Pc/Ps2 side has Npc deaths nulled, so soloing is now better than before. ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-11 22:52 ]</font>

Aka
Aug 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
Different classes solo better in different areas. For example, soloing the following:

Eastern Peril - Melee > Gunners + Techers
Sleeping Warriors - Techers > Melee + Gunners
Groves of Fanatics - Gunners > Techers + Melee

These are just basic examples from my own experiences, other people my think differently.

So to answer the original poster's question, yes, it's possible to solo.

landman
Aug 12, 2007, 12:51 AM
Soloing as a Protranser is possible, they have SE at lvl 4 and can deal with bullet resistant enemies too, but I solo faster as fortefighter, of course a GH-450 helps a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah, Agata is basically the only thing my FF is capable of soloing. And that's still rough going due to Tengohgs and worms.

Esufer
Aug 12, 2007, 01:30 AM
Soloing is possible depending what you mean.

It's cake with a PM & Tonnio/Laia/Leo.

But not so much fun on your own.

If you are gonna go with a PM, I'd reccommend the 451/452. Whichever one casts Rentis basically. XD

biggabertha
Aug 12, 2007, 01:38 AM
I solo a lot as a full time Protranser but it does take AGES to do a level. However, I'm fine with that since I get all the drops, I get all the blame and if I want to go to the toilet, I don't have to say I am.

Do any of you tell people around you that you're going to the bathroom for a number two? Yeah.. WHy would you do the same in-game?

From partying with some close friends, I've found that Guntechers and all three Forte-classes are especially strong soloing. Wartehcer is THE strongest solo and possibly weakest in a well rounded team. I don't know the stand-point of a Fighgunner except that from the weapon selection, it's very much the OPPOSITE of a Protranser. All the mobility but very little of the crowd control.

But you know, if you want the easiest path, you'll get bored of it really easily because going Fortetecher, I've heard all you need are three TECHNICs. Diga, Dammubarta and Resta. For gunner type classes, you just shoot for 1000+ hours. Everyone else however, can melee to a decent degree and to me, that just seems like a lot more fun, even if you are soloing.

What? You've never taken your anger out on a bunch of rappies(In PSO)/lapuchas(In PSU)?

Arika
Aug 12, 2007, 01:46 AM
I guess Hunter (basic job) can't solo in S2 misison http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xaeris
Aug 12, 2007, 02:06 AM
I solo very well with my protranser. I can DoT the big things, melee the lesser things and have enough HP to live through a Vahra gang bang if I have my lightning armor up. Honestly, if it weren't for the sheer brokeness of Yak Zagenga and flaws in maps that allow for easy sniping, a well equipped (key word there, well equipped) protranser would probably be the best soloist in the game.

Conversely, my wartecher, the guy you think would be the most excellent at soloing...ain't that hot at it. Don't get me wrong, I, easily, have the best survivability of all classes. But that doesn't matter squat when defensive capabilities are meaningless past not getting one shot. Combine that with the fact that I have no efficient way to take down big, melee resistant things aside from chucking Foie and praying it procs, and I'm essentially a weaker fF that isn't spending meseta on trimates or -tides in most areas.

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2007, 02:55 AM
I'm not sure why no one has said Fortegunner as the obvious solo-ing king.

they have access to all traps, 3rd best ATP, DoTs via crossbow are the most damaging weapon in the game vs mobs (and SE4 are the most damagin vs large mobs).

Several bosses are also best handled by gunners, as they fly around, or are otherwise difficult to melee.

Fortefighters are the worst class to solo with. Though they have great ATP, their access to ranged weapons is limited (my newman Wartecher does more damage with cards, than my beast fortefighter does with), they have no access to traps or SE3/SE4.

classes with resta make best use of NPCs - especially partner machines that use SUVs, or with Leo/Tonnio who, when kept alive will nanoblast for good supplementary damage.

Shishi-O
Aug 12, 2007, 03:54 AM
On 2007-08-11 21:48, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Make a Fortetecher

i agree, and i did.

Her name is mindy and she kicks ass, she is 5 lvls away from double agito.

And 15 lvls away from Cati power...but really double agito is what yanks my chain right now.

And she is my favorite character.

Teching is fun..so are granarodocs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-08-12 02:16 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Aug 12, 2007, 04:13 AM
On 2007-08-11 23:38, biggabertha wrote:
I solo a lot as a full time Protranser but it does take AGES to do a level. However, I'm fine with that since I get all the drops, I get all the blame and if I want to go to the toilet, I don't have to say I am.

Do any of you tell people around you that you're going to the bathroom for a number two? Yeah.. WHy would you do the same in-game?

From partying with some close friends, I've found that Guntechers and all three Forte-classes are especially strong soloing. Wartehcer is THE strongest solo and possibly weakest in a well rounded team. I don't know the stand-point of a Fighgunner except that from the weapon selection, it's very much the OPPOSITE of a Protranser. All the mobility but very little of the crowd control.

Hmmm..as a fighgunner myself I will admit to not being able to solo..fred has a gun toting pm, not much help on the healing side.

As for crowd control fred owns all

Mindy has the striking pm but is only lvl 60 at the moment...from double agitoooo.

She can heal all and attack, having no jarbas just makes It so much easier.

Techers really do get all the good crap.

She has an easy time soloing all missions with the pm and bots as long as they don't have jarbas

But you know, if you want the easiest path, you'll get bored of it really easily because going Fortetecher, I've heard all you need are three TECHNICs. Diga, Dammubarta and Resta. For gunner type classes, you just shoot for 1000+ hours. Everyone else however, can melee to a decent degree and to me, that just seems like a lot more fun, even if you are soloing.

What? You've never taken your anger out on a bunch of rappies(In PSO)/lapuchas(In PSU)?

Shishi-O
Aug 12, 2007, 04:19 AM
I thinx I mangled Yue posty srryz

jayster
Aug 12, 2007, 09:05 AM
I found my fighgunner 10 with capped pas could solo eastern peril A in 7 mins. When I switched to fortefighter 10, it took me 14 mins to do eastern peril A (stupid boss). Then when I switched to fortegunner, my fortegunner 1 with level 1-5 bullets soloed eastern peril A in 7 mins..... just wait until I solo it again as a fortegunner 10 with level 11-25 bullets. Can't wait to see my time with that. I guess ill have to go back there.

ThEoRy
Aug 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
constantly soloing = BORING

I rarely solo myself. The only time i do is if I wanna tech lvl. And even then I can only take about an hour before I start going mad.

DreamLocke
Aug 12, 2007, 10:42 AM
Guntechers are great solo...resta, SE4 for big guys, SE3 crossbow for damage, great mobility.

Wartechers solo well, too...maybe just a bit slower. But the good thing is they never run into a problem as far as tech/bullet/melee resistant mobs. They can also hit flying bosses with the bow.

Urtri
Aug 12, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'd Say ForteGunners are the best for soloing cause of traps, SE4 Burn, Virus, Damage potential and boss potentail (come on fortegunners are the best for bosses). Guntechers a Close 2nd (lower damage output and lack of trap types are not made up by buffs and heals). And Fifgunners a 3rd (high ATP, ATA, EVP and DFP, mixed of range and melee weapons and Burn Traps)

But really any class can solo its just that cretain missions are easier for cretain types to solo (i.e. A fortefigther will go mad soloing Desert Terror and a fortegunner has a hard time in the Agata Isle's area due to Kamatozes)

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-08-12 08:31, Octagon wrote:

I rarely solo myself. The only time i do is if I wanna tech lvl. And even then I can only take about an hour before I start going mad.

but but but...you get to keep the stuff!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tita
Aug 12, 2007, 01:47 PM
i can solo Rainbow Beast S2 as a PT pretty well (with my PM and an NPC bodyshield). it took quite a few tries (and meseta...) to figure out the best spots, and the map actually turned out to be PT friendly. and the boss takes virus trap Gs up the butt (the easiest part of RB S2 imhhhhho). i'm working on speed atm, though -_-

i still prefer running it with a GT or fG buddy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I WANT THAT DAMN DAGGER

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 12, 2007, 01:50 PM
I find fGs can solo quite well, Specially if you got level 3-4 SE makes it real easy.

Kylie
Aug 12, 2007, 01:56 PM
Like I'll say about any MMO I've played, I CAN solo, but why in the hell would I WANT to? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I mean, I realize that everyone pays for their own game and has a right to play it however they damn well choose to, but for my ten bucks per month, I'm not going to go off and play by myself all thew time. I play online games because having people to talk to makes it that much funner. Anyways, I'm saying I don't understand why anyone would want to, but it's possible to solo, yes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-12 11:57 ]</font>

kizzycrew
Aug 12, 2007, 02:09 PM
Been soloing mostly recently, due to my one friend buggering off to play FFXI. Finding it ok, with my PM I can now solo mad creatures A with my lv 26 FT.

majorgamer55
Aug 12, 2007, 02:12 PM
believe it or not every single type is soloable
Fortechers and Fortegunners would probably be the best simple because FT heal and have strong techs and FG have long range and killer shot helps.
If you are doing Fighgunner i recommend alot of twin bullets

PS for pure strikers i recommend 50% shileds

Jakosifer
Aug 12, 2007, 05:13 PM
For soloing...It goes like this for me, Imo:

1. Fortegunner (Do I need to even explain this?)
2. Guntecher
3. Fortetecher
4. Wartecher
5. FighGunner
6. Fortefighter
7. Protranser

Protranser's, as stated above, are awesome for parties, but it's stats and general abilities, as far as soloing goes..Wouldn't make for a pretty mission.

As a FighGunner, I can solo quite well, very fast, easily. But cost efficiency, SE dealing and whatnot...It'd be better to have at least some kind of teching aspect. For Gunners to be at the top, thats obvious...Its the easy button.

Gen2000
Aug 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
a fortegunner has a hard time in the Agata Isle's area due to Kamatozes)

Why is this? (I already disagree I just want to see what you have to say).

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 12, 2007, 09:06 PM
Wow..it seems a few people have the wrong idea about Fortefighters? I tend to solo quite a bit and I don't have many problems at all. We don't have all of this strength and defense for nothing, you know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Anyway, my character stands toe-to-toe with even level 60 monsters at her current level. I can solo S ranks and fight anything (I meet the requirements to fight against) in a mission and not have any problems.

Sure, it may hurt me, but guess what..if it stands up against me, it will be the first to fall. I have tons of strength (not as much as a Beast, mind you..) and I put it to good use. I look at the class Fortefighter as a fearless class, really.

I've got ALL this ATP and DFP, so I might as well put it to good use, right? If I go solo, I kill anything in my way and if I'm in a party, I do the same, but I'm the walking tank of the group or a wall. That's just how I'm built.

If anyone chooses to say that a Fortefighter is NOT good for going solo, you can feel free to talk to my +10 Caliburn.

>:3

ThEoRy
Aug 12, 2007, 09:13 PM
On 2007-08-12 10:05, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-08-12 08:31, Octagon wrote:

but but but...you get to keep the stuff!
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mad I tell you, MAD!!

White_Mage
Aug 12, 2007, 09:36 PM
i can't stand soloing.its so boring

DreamLocke
Aug 12, 2007, 09:40 PM
I solo while leveling a single PA tech or bullet at a time. In parties, it might annoy people if I just spam one thing over and over the whole mission.

I just don't feel like I contribute to a party if my essential PA's aren't up to snuff. (gunner without SE4's, WT without 11+ supports, etc.)

Chaobo99
Aug 13, 2007, 01:05 AM
Hmm..I play a forteguner and fortetecher to solo and i do very very much just fine. Maybe a guntecher would be good.I play all the classes but i havent soloed as a PT or FF,do they work well? All I know is FF makes a great boss killer.