PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial FKL Space Cowboy Topic

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 01:56 AM
Dizzy found this game before and now I'm making an organized topic.

Basically it is a plane simulator/shooter with four different jets called Gears.

B-Gear: All around
I-Gear: Long range shooting
M-Gear: Not sure
A-Gear: Heavy artillery

Names of people ingame
V4nn(Vanhalen) Gear type: A-Gear
FKLHaya(Hayabusa-FMW-) Gear type: A-Gear

Now you may only see my name up here right now because it well...is a big file so peeps are still downloading it.

Links you will need to play
http://sco.gpotato.com/ Download the client and register here.

Some Questions and Answers
Q. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif What is this I downloaded the client but the game said it won't connect?! *quits*

A. Don't quit, some random thing I don't really know cause this. Though I bet you want this fixed so use this link.

http://sco.gpotato.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138073

Click the blue link in the first post and download that file. It is only 60MB big so don't worry about waiting again. Once downloaded install it and run Space Cowboy again and it should run fine.

Q. Ok so I downloaded that second file run the game type in my ID and password and now it says my PC doesn't support the screen resolution. Now what?

A. On the bottom right of the screen there are resolution settings. Fine your resolution size on the drop down menu and then press the button to play.

Q. HOW DO I MAKE CLAN?

A. Once your lvl 20 you can make a Brigade.

Q. My email address wasn't accepted. Why is that?

A. Your email provider may have the site under its spam blocker. This is said to be a problem mainly in Hotmail email address.

Earthlink problem quote

Earthlink has a special spam filter that forces people sending emails to Earthlink users to go to a website and provide a reason they're sending the email. Our system cannot do this automatically. You will have to allow emails from the @gala-net.com domain in through your control panel.

So for Hotmail users look in your spam section, and Earthlink follow what it says above. Otherwise make another email with AOL or Yahoo.

Yes the game is free to play like other games advertised here.

More stuff to come http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-08-12 19:59 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Aug 12, 2007, 01:59 AM
no

DizzyDi
Aug 12, 2007, 02:14 AM
36% done as of right now.

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
Whoo I was the 1st person in FKL to set foot in here!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 02:30 AM
It finished while we were playing that other thing and getting beat up.

I can wait until tomorrow. Does it take a while to update/install on first boot?

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 02:33 AM
If you use the link in the Q&A once it turns comes on it will be updated.

Also I updated it on Clan info.

Foxix
Aug 12, 2007, 02:50 AM
On 2007-08-11 23:59, Almighty_Envy wrote:
no

I agree, I still need to catch up in GunZ

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 03:19 AM
Gunz is no funz.

Scrub
Aug 12, 2007, 05:16 AM
The game really isnt that fun after 2 days, just go play Starfox.

DizzyDi
Aug 12, 2007, 12:22 PM
On 2007-08-12 00:50, Foxix wrote:

On 2007-08-11 23:59, Almighty_Envy wrote:
no

I agree, I still need to catch up in GunZ

No one plays GunZ anymore.

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 12:33 PM
Peeps still play that?

DizzyDi
Aug 12, 2007, 01:02 PM
Rakion is the new GunZ.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 05:02 PM
Name: FKLHaya

Click to move in lobbies, and I don't know how to move the camera in said lobbies, wack.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
I'm DLing now, at 27%, just started about 10 minutes ago.

I hope this supports flight sticks. . .

Dre_o
Aug 12, 2007, 09:11 PM
Well....I used to play SCO...not sure if my B Gear is still there but I was in my 30's....sigh..I don't think I could bring myself to start playing again, especially if my ship "Hyperion" was deleted due to lack of use...

EDIT: I've kept tabs on SCO and it is a grave yard compared to what it was when I was on. And when I was on it was a grave yard compared to what it what it was BEFORE I got there.

EDIT #2: Shligger: You wont want to use a flight stick. The controls are fairly simple and it would probably mess you up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-12 19:13 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 09:38 PM
So Van how do you drive the tank on the ground?

Got the A-Gear too.

It doesn't say in game. I tried to add V4nn to the friend list thing but it said something about can't add user for some crazy reason.

And I already hate the lock on system with having to keep tabbing the shift key to get the right targets.

Dre_o
Aug 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-08-12 19:38, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
So Van how do you drive the tank on the ground?

Got the A-Gear too.

It doesn't say in game. I tried to add V4nn to the friend list thing but it said something about can't add user for some crazy reason.

And I already hate the lock on system with having to keep tabbing the shift key to get the right targets.

Ho ho you will get used to the shift button. Or. you will die.

And I do believe you use WASD for movement. I'm not sure though, I didn't do a Tank myself.

EDIT: A quick word of advice: If you auto lock on to something, that means it's locked on to you...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-12 19:42 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, the Tank starts out in the air, but in the description it says its better suited for staying on the ground.

Basically did a buncha mission with the flying tank. Flying faster than those damned bug enemies and having to circle back even when holding S to slow down/go the slowest speed.

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 09:50 PM
I'm not fond of the lock on system that much either. My friend made a B-Gear on my account, all he had to do was press shift and right click and things died. Screw them B-Gears and their homing missles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also I havent found out how to get on the ground either.

Tact
Aug 12, 2007, 09:51 PM
I was going to try it, but they didn't accept my E-mail address. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 09:53 PM
Guess I got to add another thing to the Q&A. Hold on Tact I'm going to look that up.

Dre_o
Aug 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, to land is.....Try C....I'm pretty sure that's it.

EDIT: Dammit it's been too long, I feel like an old man with my loss of memory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-08-12 19:55 ]</font>

VanHalen
Aug 12, 2007, 09:59 PM
Q&A is updated for Tact.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 12, 2007, 10:06 PM
I'll try C to land then, thanks.

Yeah, A-Gear gets a slow barrage of missiles that don't have homing and a pea shooter!

I had to keep changing stuff in the Registration page, kept getting errors there myself when I thought everything was correct.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 13, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-08-12 03:16, Scrub wrote:
Just go play Starfox.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

DikkyRay
Aug 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
Seriously, whats with all the random games we find online?

Weeaboolits
I played starfox, I got to do Sector Y and Katina, those are my favorite levels so far. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I like how the hard route on the first mission has you fight the first boss from the original Starfox.

Almighty_Envy
I dont play these gaems you cool kidz play.

I play games no one else plays, I must be emo (//_~)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-08-12 22:40 ]</font>

Dre_o
Aug 13, 2007, 09:06 AM
Well I must ask something:

My Ships (which still exist btw) are on server Joymous. Ships can't move server. You guys are on Trimus I assume?

VanHalen
Aug 13, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-08-12 22:40, DikkyRay wrote:
Seriously, whats with all the random games we find online?

Dude funny story well not really. We did a total of
four games.

The Universal
Rumble Fighter(Game owns, play it sometime)
Space Cowboy
Raikon

And yes we are on Trimus.