PDA

View Full Version : PSU nostalgia

Tagnut
Aug 12, 2007, 02:21 AM
I was doing the Mitzuraki defence mission this morning, on my way to Hot Springs. It really made me nostalgic!

I have been playing PSU for a year now and remember that I played this mission over and over and over. Keseline was much sort after in those days and only the B rank weapons were out. The music on the level was the thing that most bought it back to me!

It has been a great year on the game and I am really looking forward to the expansion (BTW when is it out?)

Thanks SEGA for a great game!

Zorafim
Aug 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
My early days were spent doing de Ragon. There's no nostalgia to be felt from me.

DAMASCUS
Aug 12, 2007, 02:31 AM
Its nice to recognize that a few things were really done right in this game.

I felt nostalgic recently when I hit Sleeping Warriors. I used to spam that mission just cause the music reminds me of PSO and at that time the reward was good. I remember I even got a Relic Edge on B lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kairi_Li
Aug 12, 2007, 02:40 AM
I remember when the game first came out, me and my boyfriend decided to take on the dragon with a whole bunch of players, all around lvl 10s or lower.

We all got owned on our sorry asses. Everyone's dead, no one had moons cause were all poor. This lvl 34 guy had to take it down by himself. While we cheer him on as we lie there dead.

Now the dragon is nothing.

Funny how things were back then...

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2007, 02:43 AM
I spent most ofmy time in sleeping warriors, mad creatres, plains overlord, and unsafe passage/fight for food.

I remember not being able to beat de-regan at level 18 (solo). Most of my first 35 levels were solo. Didn't know anyone, and remembered being able to solo in PSO. :-/

Syl
Aug 12, 2007, 02:49 AM
When I first started out, the lvl cap was still 50 and there was no such thing as moatoob yet. I used to hang out at Raffon Base and run Plains Overlord and some sleeping warriors.

Then I met my dear friends on PSU, the Loli Express and we did everything together. Eventually, I hit lvl 42 on Necrophagist and decided to make Sylvia. Made her a GT and spammed De Ragan C (which was the quickest way to get MP back then).

And btw, the date is said to be Novemeber 20th for the release of AotI

Alarac
Aug 12, 2007, 04:25 AM
Hmm I'm going to flip this topic around since I started around Firebreak. Well, I suppose I miss Burning Rangers.... NOT.

Its actually the music I listened to WHILE playing PSU that make me nostolgic. Ol' Blue Eyes, Utada Hikaru, Dredg, etc etc. THAT's when I get nostolgic and for example remember where I leveled during my 50's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alarac on 2007-08-12 02:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alarac on 2007-08-12 03:52 ]</font>

Freshellent
Aug 12, 2007, 04:42 AM
The Guardians Colony itself is what brings me memories. Just leaving my room for the first time and running Unsafe Passage C makes me wish I was lvl 1 and JUST starting PSU again.
When ever I pull out twin sabers I grin a little. The first weapons I ever truly felt at home with. Then Fists. Man do I love Fists.

Yeah,the music in LL gives me a warm feeling. It's so dark in that area I know,I recall when I thought the game was HUGE when I saw what the other maps looked like. Especially Moatoob. No one ran that planet though,everyone stayed at Ragan.

Sorta stuck on double sabers currently. Fists can't really compare to what doubles can do in some cases though. A shame I tell you.
( I can't wait for that new AoI combat system.)

I really miss the hordes of people everywhere,when you had to fight to get into Uni 1 where I wanted to be. I really miss the Christmas Lobby. I really do.

Aralia
Aug 12, 2007, 05:53 AM
Hrm.. what makes me nostalgic...

Well, when Ragan s2 came out I felt pretty nostalgic. I leveled my techs to 20 on Ragan A/S back in the days before advanced classes, and then to 30 on S2 when it finally got released..

When I remade Nayru I felt pretty nostalgic too.. I started PSO with a HUnewearl named Nayru back on the dreamcast, migrated to GCN using the same name, then the first day of PSU I had a female human hunter named Nayru.. but she got deleted when I felt a need to move on. After a while I felt it was necessary to regress to what made PSO/U for me and recreated her at the cost of a lvl 48 and a 100 armor PM. >.>
I regret nothing... >.>

Lesse... Ank Bico is reminding me of PSO and how I'd rock my picopico hammer for some fun.

Nostalgia is nice, but on the flip side of the coin, it merely makes us long for things we can't have anymore.

jayster
Aug 12, 2007, 08:37 AM
Well for me, I got the game the day it came out. And since then, it has completely changed. But what brought back the memories for me was playing the demo for the real handgun. Having to start from scratch with no main characters or anything to give you money, and moon atomizer X's being rare! That's what brought it back the most.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 08:52 AM
Every time that I get something really cool in a drop or synthesis, I want to go back and be back with my friends I used to play with all the time, I knew them for two years before they abandoned me because they said I was leaching from their parties... I solo all the time now, and soloing missions which are plainly too hard for the feint of heart brings me back to the time when I was Lv14 and I messaged my friend saying "OMG I'm going to go kill the De Ragan alone" and they sent me a message back saying "Good luck with your death wish!" I remember coming out of the mission at a great loss since I used so many healing items and all 11 of my rifles were empty, and even though it was hard as hell, I was real proud of myself for doing something alone which I viewed as a large accomplishment.

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 10:29 AM
De Ragan A gave a "godly" 18 MP. How things have changed.

ThEoRy
Aug 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
must.......find.........Tomoirod!

Katrina
Aug 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
though i don't play anymore, I still remember the 1st big meet and greet organized by Rizen. Chat bubble spammage, a half nekked smexy Parn, posing for pictures, and partner cards, it was chaotic, but fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sha Sha
Aug 12, 2007, 11:18 AM
being level 1 and trying to figure out the system compared to PSOnow throw me in Forest or Caves with a level 1 character and then THAT will bring back memeories
that and theold lobby music for PSO "Day Dawns"
that will make me feel and remeber so much i think i would try T___________T

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 12, 2007, 11:24 AM
I remember spamming Sleeping Warriors and De ragan, from Day 1 almost, Linear Line too. Those bring back some good memories of dieing and owning xD

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
I remember how lots of people didn't know most of the features of the game since they didn't take the tutorial XD I also remember going to Parum from lvl 1 b/c I forgot LL existed lol.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Dragwind
Aug 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
I remember the first day I got online, I put in a full 24 hour session with 2 other players that had just started that same exact day too. I still remember clearly lvling up to 10 in strictly LL, then taking on De Ragan and still failing XD Good times...good times.

Neudaiz music always brings back that early day psu nostalgia for me as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
I remember when the 34 mission points from Mizuraki Defense S used to make me horny. xD

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2007, 12:47 PM
When DAS2 was released, I went there. Hadn't played Mizuraki since waaay back in the days of the JP Beta, when that was basically the pinnacle of the game! (On A Rank, lol).

Umberger
Aug 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-08-12 06:37, jayster wrote:
Well for me, I got the game the day it came out. And since then, it has completely changed. But what brought back the memories for me was playing the demo for the real handgun. Having to start from scratch with no main characters or anything to give you money, and moon atomizer X's being rare! That's what brought it back the most.

I definitely agree. I got way too into the demo when I was playing, like I started out saying I'd just do the two Linear Line missions, and somehow I ended up not stopping until I had like...6 6* weapons, level 20 Tornado Break/Renkai/Rising Crush and all this other stuff. Good times.

Kylie
Aug 12, 2007, 01:24 PM
Lately, since things have been reverting to the "theme" that occurred when I first started playing PSU, I've been remembering things more and more about how I felt back then. Lol, for a while I was just playing the game without noticing the music anymore, whereas I used to recognize each place by their sound. Can't wait until the expansion comes out for me to feel "new" again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-12 11:25 ]</font>