PDA

View Full Version : 100%striking pm with different success than friends?!

HadesAlmighty
Aug 12, 2007, 08:50 PM
I have a 100% striking PM so does my friend,.we both put vahra claw boards in our machines and his is 45% to make mine is 41%... what gives?

Mayu
Aug 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
You sure it's both 100?

Chuck_Norris
Aug 12, 2007, 08:51 PM
What elements did you both make the weapons?

Mayu
Aug 12, 2007, 08:52 PM
oh thats true

If you tried to make any melee weapon with a Normal photon

It increases the rate by like 4-5%? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HadesAlmighty
Aug 12, 2007, 08:52 PM
1st response, I am possotive they are both 100% 2nd we made them ground..mine came out 12% his 24%

Chuck_Norris
Aug 12, 2007, 08:53 PM
I think it's about 10% for S ranks.

Did either of you use a PM Evolution Device?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-12 18:57 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Aug 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
how many claws have you synthed. How many claws did he synth? What's the b-stat of your PMs.

Not that these things are supposed to influence synth, but I'd be interested in knowing.

JanosA
Aug 12, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-08-12 18:53, chuck_norris wrote:
I think it's about 10% for S ranks.

Did either of you use a PM Evolution Device?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-08-12 18:57 ]</font>

I am the friend he's talkin about. No niether have used evolution device...

Chuck_Norris
Aug 12, 2007, 09:14 PM
Odd...Have either of you fed them food items? If you did then that romor someone made up about food items gives you more % might be true.

JanosA
Aug 12, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-08-12 19:14, chuck_norris wrote:
Odd...Have either of you fed them food items? If you did then that romor someone made up about food items gives you more % might be true.

no food items.

Wallin
Aug 12, 2007, 10:19 PM
Edited: Nevermind, that was just silly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-08-12 20:38 ]</font>

Eureka
Aug 12, 2007, 10:29 PM
Page not found

But I posted in another thread that someone said there vahra claw was 41%, but when I attempted mine it was 44%. Kinda strange, but maybe there is some other factor that affects synth.

Wallin
Aug 12, 2007, 10:33 PM
Wow, it wouldn't work before because I didn't put the / at the end of the link... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It's fixed now, but then I realized what the difference between the two was (offline and online, durrr).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-08-12 20:39 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2007, 02:43 AM
If there really is another way to increase synth rates, I sure would like to know!

DAMASCUS
Aug 13, 2007, 02:53 AM
I always thought succesful synths in a certain type of weapon would eventually raise your chance of making more but maybe I was just hoping lol. The other thing that ST may have done very sneakily...you remember Section ID's based on your name?? What if we all have those but they are hidden so we can't manipulate the rare system like before and make characters just for Skyly for example...

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2007, 02:58 AM
On 2007-08-13 00:53, DAMASCUS wrote:
I always thought succesful synths in a certain type of weapon would eventually raise your chance of making more but maybe I was just hoping lol. The other thing that ST may have done very sneakily...you remember Section ID's based on your name?? What if we all have those but they are hidden so we can't manipulate the rare system like before and make characters just for Skyly for example...

Those were the huge benefits of being able to view the game data in PSO because there was an offline mode. In PSU unfortunately, online mode is different than story and extra, so unless a real good hacker makes his way around the game (a good one, for once) maybe we cna finally know all of the game's mysteries....what luck is REALLY for, drop rates, grind chances, etc...

HaydenX
Aug 13, 2007, 03:21 AM
All we know about luck is that grind chances go up. You don't even have to look at the game's coding for that. On a day with 3 star, when grinding an a-weapon, you actually see the "no chance of failure" text when grinding. I think I'll take the game's word on that note. Also, based on my own anecdotal experiences. I get nearly double the drop rate with a luck of 2*+. Tons of meseta.

No proof, just based on what I've seen.

drizzle
Aug 13, 2007, 05:04 AM
Right now mine says it's 45%.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~punisher/vahraclawsynth.jpg

Today's 0* Photon Fortune so it can't be that. I also haven't fed it in ages so can't be food either. I have synthed a number of twin claws, though not that many...

I'm curious now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NewAgeRed
Aug 13, 2007, 05:14 AM
I have moon Xs that are 6* and some that are 7*, maybe it's an old board and an update is the reason it's different. IDK.

tailz
Aug 13, 2007, 05:44 AM
ive never been convinced 3* luck is good... and most likely never will... lets see, ive played this since it came out n havent really picked up much good stuff... but of the decent drops- black heart (1*), [B]2-Headed Ragnus (0*), [B]Vahra Claw (0*)... n since im thinkin about it, ill add in the list of rares i picked up 2 days ago with my male newman 82/10 fT with -NO- luck soloing plains overlord s2 for about 7 hours: 2 kubara wood, 8 copernia, 1 goldania, 5 grinder base A, 8 grinder base S, 2 omega acid, 17 teranite, 24 kerseline, 28 vestaline, 34 vulcaline (hellz yea), 21 junaline, 3 merculine, 30 par ebon, 11 par walna, 1 petanite, 1 titania, rapier, [B]2-Headed Ragnus, [B]vahra claw (next run after the ragnus board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif), [B]Twin-Crea Saber (dropped by a lv 100 vahra... sigh lol).... n yesterday with 3* luck, same run, same length of time (more power with higher PAs this time=more runs than the day before):7 teranite, 4 kerseline, 6 vestaline, 5 vulcaline, 1 neptuline, 4 copernia, 6 par ebon, 1 par walna, 6 grinder base A, 3 grinder base S, 1 omega acid... thats it.... huge upset lol 0/1* luck--> my fave http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EarthRagon
Aug 13, 2007, 05:55 AM
Well its prolly simple,Do u both have same model....like 410 or 411 or 4 12.They have different success rates on some stuff,lol

Also it's not confirmed ,but yea supposedly if u make more of somthing it gets easier,but prolly just diff. models...are they?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EarthRagon on 2007-08-13 03:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EarthRagon on 2007-08-13 03:57 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Aug 13, 2007, 10:27 AM
This is sort of related... my PM has a 59% or something success rate for the SINGLE harisen fan board I have in it, but 90% for the double. Is that normal? I have the 412 device, but all I normally synth is two-handed striking weps.

DAMASCUS
Aug 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
The other possibility is that if at any point in the past has he fed his PM twin claws or something similar like twin daggers?..'similar' meaning same base metal.

Either that or different classes or races are better with certain types?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2007-08-13 09:16 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Aug 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
I just got a Vahra Claw board myself, and mine too is at 45%. I wonder what makes it Fluctuate. And I need 5 more Copernia to actually make it, so I cant say what the actual percent is with Photons =/.

-Rune-
Aug 13, 2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe if we could have pictures of both PM's and the materials you used and such >.< would help a bunch.

60Hz
Aug 13, 2007, 11:36 AM
hmm curious... post all stats please: both player and pm... there may be some section ID like stuff, or perhaps the pm models are different (that would make sense - err i guess)...

60Hz
Aug 13, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-08-13 03:04, drizzle wrote:
Right now mine says it's 45%.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~punisher/vahraclawsynth.jpg

Today's 0* Photon Fortune so it can't be that. I also haven't fed it in ages so can't be food either. I have synthed a number of twin claws, though not that many...

I'm curious now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think once you place some photons in the perceentage will drop... maybe this is the source of the inconsistency?

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
I think it's just the number of synths. The PM's "Help" feature says that the more you synthesize, and the more you succeed, the higher the success percentages will be in the future.

Soukosa
Aug 13, 2007, 04:07 PM
45% is the max synth rate for the Vahra Claw when made elemental. Before you select a photon, it will always show the elemental rate as well. Personally, I'd rather see a pic of this before I take it to mean anything. It's possible that they don't remember things well. Though it's always possible that the game farted and gave them the wrong rate.

On 2007-08-13 03:55, EarthRagon wrote:
Well its prolly simple,Do u both have same model....like 410 or 411 or 4 12.They have different success rates on some stuff,lol

Also it's not confirmed ,but yea supposedly if u make more of somthing it gets easier,but prolly just diff. models...are they?

The PM type won't influence the success rates. Having had many different PMs I know this from experience.

On 2007-08-13 08:27, beatrixkiddo wrote:
This is sort of related... my PM has a 59% or something success rate for the SINGLE harisen fan board I have in it, but 90% for the double. Is that normal? I have the 412 device, but all I normally synth is two-handed striking weps.

Boards have their own synth rates. In this case, the single and twin harisens have different rates. The single one having a significantly lower rate.

Para
Aug 13, 2007, 04:32 PM
lol did you accidentally look at your claw when you selected EL-PHOTON and IM-PHOTON? XD;

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 13, 2007, 04:37 PM
Which version of PSU are you on? PS2/PC or Xbox360?

Maybe you can get someone to go to each room to take a quick snap shot of both PM and synths.

ThEoRy
Aug 13, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-08-13 14:07, Sounomi wrote:
45% is the max synth rate for the Vahra Claw when made elemental. Before you select a photon, it will always show the elemental rate as well. Personally, I'd rather see a pic of this before I take it to mean anything. It's possible that they don't remember things well. Though it's always possible that the game farted and gave them the wrong rate.

On 2007-08-13 03:55, EarthRagon wrote:

The PM type won't influence the success rates. Having had many different PMs I know this from experience.

On 2007-08-13 08:27, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Boards have their own synth rates. In this case, the single and twin harisens have different rates. The single one having a significantly lower rate.

Welp, aahhh, that takes care of that.
Nice work Sounomi. Gold star!