PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Thanks Bioshock, you're lagging everyone on 36

CeasOne
Aug 12, 2007, 09:43 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Agnostic187
Aug 12, 2007, 09:43 PM
If you're wondering why the XBL and PSU servers are lagging/crashing, they just put the BioShock demo up and its going crazy with downloads so its freezing up.

APEXi
Aug 12, 2007, 09:44 PM
lol awesomness

White_Mage
ugh.no wonder i cant log on.boooo

360NyTeMaRe
I just got f***ing kicked off Xbox Live!

Parn
Aug 12, 2007, 09:45 PM
http://synbios.net/images/misc/popcorn2.gif

Downloading Bioshock right now!

Tahldon
Eh. Is that -really- what's going on?

White_Mage
On 2007-08-12 19:44, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

same and right when i was about to pull out a gur missal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif lol

CeasOne
Aug 12, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-08-12 19:45, Parn wrote:

LOL

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm not lagging...>_> Friend of mine just got kicked off though.

White_Mage
Aug 12, 2007, 09:50 PM
i say we go on strike.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif,this sucks

Davot
Aug 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
i cant even download it

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-08-12 19:45, White_Mage wrote:

On 2007-08-12 19:44, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

same and right when i was about to pull out a gur missal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif lol

Sh**! I just remembered that I have a Ran-Misaki to finish synthesizing.

What in the hell is Bioshock, and when the hell are the servers going to be fixed? Should we rename Bioshock "Biosh*t"?

-Tidus_415-
Aug 12, 2007, 09:55 PM
LMAO! I havent got kicked off. I been in my room for the past hour or so. But when I went to the 4th floor for about 5 mins I saw that Uni 1 had like...3 stars on it. I was like WTF then ran back to my room. lol

youthisoverrated
Aug 12, 2007, 09:56 PM
aw no way and i put some twin sabers into bake =/ i want to hunt my jaggos dangit!!!!

ViciousRappy
Aug 12, 2007, 10:02 PM
I cant....

goud71493
Aug 12, 2007, 10:02 PM
i have been trying to log in for the past 15 min and cant log in same with some of my friends

youthisoverrated
Aug 12, 2007, 10:07 PM
they have another post on the forums on here..... it's the bioshock demo. i'm on xbox live right now but couldn't get into the PSU servers. i'm waiting to be signed off any minute noe

Sychosis
Aug 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
Got booted off Live a few minutes ago. Had to try connecting about a dozen times before I got back on PSU.

A2K
Aug 12, 2007, 10:10 PM
There's definitely something up with the Xbox Live authentication servers. I've been reading reports of all sorts of XBL games having trouble connecting. I doubt it has anything to do with Bioshock, but, I suppose it might be possible if the same server that receives requests and authentication for marketplace downloads was one and the same...

youthisoverrated
Aug 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
that always happenes though when they have really bad server problems..... oh no i just got signed out =/ they need more servers for the market place

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
I know this sounds dumb, perhaps it's DNS? Since some people changed their DNS addresses to "help fix interrupt requests", maybe those are the only people who can logon to PSU.

Agnostic187
Aug 12, 2007, 10:17 PM
It really is BioShock for some reason, theres apparently 12,000+ people flooding the DL right now effecting the Marketplace. The Madden '08 demo is rumored to be going up later as well.

BigshowPat
Aug 12, 2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah...I got booted off of Xbox Live as well while playinig PSU. Now I can't login at all on PSU...just keep on getting connection failed. Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble!

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2007, 10:18 PM
Nooo dam u microsoft... now i have nothing to do... =(

BigshowPat
Aug 12, 2007, 10:21 PM
That figures...and to think I thought Sega was finally going to fix the interrupt request problems, lol!!!!!

Eureka
Aug 12, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-08-12 19:45, Parn wrote:

First...LMAO...love House

Second...I didn't get disconnected. Just bad lag. But not thinking of the problem, I logged out so I could work on my other characters PM and can't get on.

Oh well, it'll be back to normal soon enough.

jayster
Aug 12, 2007, 10:24 PM
I am online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2007, 10:25 PM
OMG

gum_on_shoe
Aug 12, 2007, 10:28 PM
No! I got a De Ragen figure in the pm and my mag is only 10 levels away from 80!

DEM_CIG
Aug 12, 2007, 10:33 PM
im goin crazy

Wallin
Aug 12, 2007, 10:35 PM
There's reports all over, not just for PSU, of Bioshock downloads. A lot of people have been downloading for a while and are only at 5%, it's gotta be really clogged right now.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 12, 2007, 10:46 PM
Picture taken about 3 mins ago.

LOL

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7369/phto0001ui1.jpg

Yunfa
Aug 12, 2007, 10:52 PM
Sad thing is, thats about the same population on the PS2/PC's peak hours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 10:52 PM
If the Madden'08 demo goes up tonight, I might just send microsoft a barrage of nasty emails.

We pay 50 bucks a year for their shitty service just to have the right to play. The least they could do is separate the servers between downloading and playing. Also, with all of the cross-platform compatibility with vista, I wonder if people who are playing Shadowrun are also having problems.
Just a thought.

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 10:55 PM
It's likely that anyone still on the game (like myself a moment ago) will be unable to sign back on should they log out. At least, I couldn't (didn't want to, but felt like testing).

It ought to sort itself out by the morning.

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-08-12 20:52, HaydenX wrote:
If the Madden'08 demo goes up tonight, I might just send microsoft a barrage of nasty emails.

We pay 50 bucks a year for their shitty service just to have the right to play. The least they could do is separate the servers between downloading and playing. Also, with all of the cross-platform compatibility with vista, I wonder if people who are playing Shadowrun are also having problems.
Just a thought.

Their service is anything but shitty.

Have some goddamn patience.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 12, 2007, 10:57 PM
On 2007-08-12 20:52, Yunfa wrote:
Sad thing is, thats about the same population on the PS2/PC's peak hours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh man. LOL

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-08-12 20:52, HaydenX wrote:

Just a thought.

Or they could make a seperate server entitled "Shitty downloads" and put BioShock on it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, this gives me more time to make some videos of me being incredibly good at NFS: Carbon.

Videos HERE (http://www.youtube.com/teamoverkillxbox) LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-12 20:59 ]</font>

Midicronica
Aug 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-08-12 20:52, Yunfa wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Yeah, it's really sad. I'm one of the fortunate ones who didn't get kicked off and now I'm having to solo Train S2.

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 11:01 PM
In regards to their service not being shitty, I quit playing Halo 2 because of all of the hackers. People firing 4 shots at once with sniper rifles. People throwing grenades that launch needles. I even had to deal with the invincible. I reported and reported, none of the people got banned.

I couldn't sign on for about a week one time, I sent them 6 emails and it took them until after the problem was corrected to even send me the standard corporate sendoff email.

I only pay, 'cuz I need it to play.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:03 PM
I reported and reported, none of the people got banned.

That is BULLCRAP because I didn't get reported once when I played alone on offline splitscreen with mods, and STILL got banned from Matchmaking within 6 hours.

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:01, HaydenX wrote:
In regards to their service not being shitty, I quit playing Halo 2 because of all of the hackers. People firing 4 shots at once with sniper rifles. People throwing grenades that launch needles. I even had to deal with the invincible. I reported and reported, none of the people got banned.

I couldn't sign on for about a week one time, I sent them 6 emails and it took them until after the problem was corrected to even send me the standard corporate sendoff email.

I only pay, 'cuz I need it to play.

You seem to be confusing Bungie with Microsoft. They're the ones responsible for preventing "hacking." I guarantee you that anyone who cheated got banned. Even the people who didn't play online. (My friend modded his Campaign save and got a 7 day ban from Matchmaking. He did it again and is permanently banned from Halo2, and subsequently Halo3 matching.)

Did you ever think that maybe your inability to sign in was a problem on your end? Every time I've had issues signing in it's been an issue with my network, not theirs.

Also, don't send emails. Use the goddamn help line. That's what it's there for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-08-12 21:18 ]</font>

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:15 PM
Sega Is fucking up.they better fix this or there goanna loose alot of money by ppl that were already pissed off before this disconnect bullshit started happening

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 11:17 PM
Well, this thread was an entertaining read while waiting on my Bioshock demo to finish up.

Oh yeah, no connection problems here, though a few people are sending me hate mail cause they're either locked out of PSU or stuck at 1% on the demo.

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:17, Sekani wrote:
Well, this thread was an entertaining read while waiting on my Bioshock demo to finish up.

Oh yeah, no connection problems here, though a few people are sending me hate mail cause they're either locked out of PSU or stuck at 1% on the demo.

Im downloading that shit right now.i wanna know what the stupid fuss is about.Im at 5% already

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 11:23 PM
Was it a connection problem on my end...?
No, I tested my connection using my 360 and it said there wasn't a problem. I tried to sign in...nothing.

Cheaters on Halo 2 not getting banned...is not bullshit. I played against so many of these assholes that I just stopped playing. I have heard that they are better at banning now, so I'll try Halo 3 online. Also Bungie is OWNED by Microsoft. Therefore blaming Microsoft is correct.

Before anyone asks...No I have never been banned from anything in life (incl. Xbox Live) aside from Ubersite.com.

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:27 PM
lol

-Tidus_415-
Uni 1 down to 2 Stars
Uni 2 down to 1 Star

Im about to log off. Barely anyone here...

xXNinjaXx
PSU is a ghost town O_O
its f-ing crazy

recommended shops has an entire list showing everytime you click on it
and its mainly the same people showing up
and everyone is just standing there Idle...
its weird @_@

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:27, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Uni 1 down to 2 Stars
Uni 2 down to 1 Star

Nooo dont do it.Go on a Jaggo hunt.hahahahaha oh and buy me a monomate

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:23, HaydenX wrote:
Was it a connection problem on my end...?
No, I tested my connection using my 360 and it said there wasn't a problem. I tried to sign in...nothing.

Cheaters on Halo 2 not getting banned...is not bullshit. I played against so many of these assholes that I just stopped playing. I have heard that they are better at banning now, so I'll try Halo 3 online. Also Bungie is OWNED by Microsoft. Therefore blaming Microsoft is correct.

Before anyone asks...No I have never been banned from anything in life (incl. Xbox Live) aside from Ubersite.com.

No, I said it's bullcrap that you think they don't get banned.

Eureka
Aug 12, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:15, Soda wrote:
Sega Is fucking up.they better fix this or there goanna loose alot of money by ppl that were already pissed off before this disconnect bullshit started happening

Despite what you think, they are not gonna lose a lot of money. People are still gonna pay and still gonna play. Funny how folks are so quick to start talking about how these big companies need to do something when there is a "black out" period.

Someone posted above (too lazy to go look who it was) say that they HAVE to pay Microsoft to play LIVE. Umm...I could have sworn that they had a free option available now...and what do you know, it can be used it play PSU. So really...you don't have to play 50 bucks a year.

People act like technical problems don't happen. But they do. You just need to be patient instead of hitting the "retry" button every 2 seconds. Its not going to get you on the game any faster.

So you can't play PSU for a few hours...get over it. Life does go on without a game. Stop moaning about how you can't get on and just be patient. Obviously things will be waiting for you when you are able to get back on.

xXNinjaXx
Aug 12, 2007, 11:33 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:27, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Uni 1 down to 2 Stars
Uni 2 down to 1 Star

i just logged off now. nothings going on at all

but i have some shit i just bought for dirt cheap that needs to sell now
i want servers up so ppl can buy it XO

Yunfa
Aug 12, 2007, 11:35 PM
Someone posted above (too lazy to go look who it was) say that they HAVE to pay Microsoft to play LIVE. Umm...I could have sworn that they had a free option available now...and what do you know, it can be used it play PSU. So really...you don't have to play 50 bucks a year.

WHAT? O___O?! more info please

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:35, Yunfa wrote:

Oh, I hear that you can also have an option to not buy an Xbox 360! I love stating the obvious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:31, Eureka wrote:

Despite what you think, they are not gonna lose a lot of money. People are still gonna pay and still gonna play. Funny how folks are so quick to start talking about how these big companies need to do something when there is a "black out" period.

People act like technical problems don't happen. But they do. You just need to be patient instead of hitting the "retry" button every 2 seconds. Its not going to get you on the game any faster.

So you can't play PSU for a few hours...get over it. Life does go on without a game. Stop moaning about how you can't get on and just be patient. Obviously things will be waiting for you when you are able to get back on.

hahaha your funny.I like you ppl,always trying to get attention.you know you didnt really have to respond to what I said,but thanks.Your post was heard are you proud?Meet me in UNI 25 when this is all done and I'll give you a {B} BBQ Hot Dog

Sychosis
Aug 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
It feels like I'm on PC/PS2...only I'm not armed to the teeth with 50%s :/

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:37, Soda wrote:

hahaha your funny.I like you ppl,always trying to get attention.you know you didnt really have to respond to what I said,but thanks.Your post was heard are you proud?Meet me in UNI 25 when this is all done and I'll give you a {B} BBQ Hot Dog

Soda, I think I love you. LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Aug 12, 2007, 11:40 PM

Live Silver, yo.

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:38, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

Soda, I think I love you. LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mmm yes i wanna have little casts with you too.lol

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:43 PM
Soda, meet our son, his name is "RAAARRAAARAAAA!!!!"

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Nytemare6789/gunman-biped.jpg

Sekani
Aug 12, 2007, 11:44 PM
You sure it's not just PSU's login server that's down? Xbox Live for me is working perfectly at the moment, but PSU is damned near dead.

frosty003
Aug 12, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:43, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

man.... now that... is jacked up >_> lol

Midicronica
Aug 12, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:38, Sychosis wrote:
It feels like I'm on PC/PS2...only I'm not armed to the teeth with 50%s :/

Once again, you're a funny ass guy.

Eureka
[hahaha your funny.I like you ppl,always trying to get attention.you know you didnt really have to respond to what I said,but thanks.Your post was heard are you proud?Meet me in UNI 25 when this is all done and I'll give you a {B} BBQ Hot Dog

Get attention? Not really. Just stating the fact that big time corporate America could care less about your idle threat. And as far as my post goes, sure...I didn't have to say anything; but you and a few others don't have to moan about being blocked out a game either. And if you want to really split hairs, you didn't have to respond to my post either.

And sure, I'll take your BBQ Hot Dog board. Be sure to gift wrap it for me, that would make me smile.

360NyTeMaRe
Same here, I just signed on Need for Speed: Carbon and owned someone in a sprint race.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:47 PM
Get attention? Not really. Just stating the fact that big time corporate America could care less about your idle threat. And as far as my post goes, sure...I didn't have to say anything; but you and a few others don't have to moan about being blocked out a game either. And if you want to really split hairs, you didn't have to respond to my post either.

And sure, I'll take your BBQ Hot Dog board. Be sure to gift wrap it for me, that would make me smile.

"Corporate America" doesn't even know you exist. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 11:51 PM

Xbox Live Silver allows you full access to the Marketplace and the ability to play ORPGs. PSU qualifies for this privilege.

As for whoever I was arguing with before; Bungie is the one who has access to the Matchmaking data. Bungie is the one who programs the game. Bungie is the one responsible for remedying the glitches and exploits found within Matchmaking. Therefor, you CANNOT blame Microsoft for the modding breakout Halo2 experienced (and has since been remedied).

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
The whole "have to pay to play" comment is one that I made. While technically I think you can play PSU on Silver Membership, PSU isn't the only game I play online, just the only one I've been playing lately. I like UNO, PDZ, BF2 (I just sold that one actually when I bought BF: 2142 4 PC), and DOOM. It just so happens that I pay for my membership by the year, so in essence, I am paying a few pennies for downtime. I don't personally like when services that I am paying for don't work. I don't know about you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:46, Eureka wrote:

[hahaha your funny.I like you ppl,always trying to get attention.you know you didnt really have to respond to what I said,but thanks.Your post was heard are you proud?Meet me in UNI 25 when this is all done and I'll give you a {B} BBQ Hot Dog

dont worry its ok.They will notice me one day when i piss on them

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:43, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

daam looks like Johny five had a sex change and fused with R2D2's ass

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:54 PM
Anyone know what this is? Anyone watching it? LOL

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q277/Nytemare6789/Untitled_0001_0001.jpg

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 12, 2007, 11:56 PM
LMFAO I know! We just need to fit him with some sweetass armor plating and chainguns now, and sic him on "Corporate America"

HaydenX
Aug 12, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:46, Eureka wrote:

Get attention? Not really. Just stating the fact that big time corporate America could care less about your idle threat. And as far as my post goes, sure...I didn't have to say anything; but you and a few others don't have to moan about being blocked out a game either.

Personally I believe we have a right to bitch as paying customers.

And if you want to really split hairs, you didn't have to respond to my post either.

Speaking of BBQ hot dogs...If you were to go into a Weinerschnitzel and order a hot dog, then have to wait overnight before you got it, I assume you would be upset.

Soda
Aug 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:54, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

something with a V Brothers? I seen some

McLaughlin
Aug 12, 2007, 11:59 PM
What did altering the quote accomplish?

Eureka
Aug 12, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-08-12 21:51, HaydenX wrote:
It just so happens that I pay for my membership by the year, so in essence, I am paying a few pennies for downtime. I don't personally like when services that I am paying for don't work. I don't know about you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't either, but sometimes things happen that our out of our control. I was without phone and internet about two months ago because of a lightning storm. It was a pain, but it happens. Same thing here. All we can do is report a problem and be patient.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-08-12 21:57, Soda wrote:

Yep, Venture Brothers.

Soda
Aug 13, 2007, 12:01 AM
Im so bored

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, me too, but I think I'm going to go crazy and start spamming NFS Carbon screenies all over the site now. LOL

Soda
Aug 13, 2007, 12:03 AM
On 2007-08-12 22:00, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

On 2007-08-12 21:57, Soda wrote:

Yep, Venture Brothers.

I knew it!!!That show is funny.I seen maybe like 2 episodes but still,It made me laugh