PDA

View Full Version : Is Ethan acauley Evil or good? In AOI ( bet this has been an

mattdude
Aug 13, 2007, 01:19 AM
Is ethan acauley evil or good in AOI?? If there is any proof..send link please.. I would like to know. ( in the off line story I saw the ending movie on youtube and nothing bad happened to him so I was kinda confused..)

Chuck_Norris
Aug 13, 2007, 01:21 AM
Well since the game isn't out i doubt anyone really knows.

mattdude
Aug 13, 2007, 01:24 AM
yeah..its just odd cause it showed such a happy ending lol. MAybe he gets tricked...I dont no..but I do think Karen dies cause it hasnt showed her in any movie...or does she leave??

A2K
Aug 13, 2007, 01:36 AM
You can play Episode 2 online right now, or you can just wait until the expansion to play it offline and "enhanced", as sort of a director's cut.

Getting into it is rather spoilerrific territory. Do you really want to know, despite this?

Immortal44
Aug 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
Is the AOI story longer than the online one, I would think that they would at least use one of the new levels that they worked so hard to make in the offline story. I bet the online story is cut short some how. But I dont know, Ive only played up to ep2:ch9

A2K
Aug 13, 2007, 02:11 AM
Episode 2, at least in Network Mode, ends on Chapter 10 (two chapters short of Episode 1). It's possible there will be bonus chapters for the expansion, but it hasn't been brought up.

darkante
Aug 13, 2007, 02:22 AM
Would be pretty lame otherwise, give out the whole story online?
Nahah, i must certainly think it will be more chapters.

A2K
Aug 13, 2007, 02:44 AM
A few people here have suggested doing things this way allows the story to be playable long after the servers are shut down in the future. At the very least, I'm looking forward to the added FMV and voice acting.

Sinue_v2
Aug 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
Ethan is a good guy. He's playing the evil manipulative role to his own end which isn't completely clear just yet - but it's to a positive end, of that I'm sure. Rutzu, similarly, is a good guy - but with hidden motives.

There's no real proof, but it's something you can pretty much bank on IMO. The thing is, most of the characters who are involved in the ongoing storyline have been in the thick of it for quite some time and know a lot more than you or Laia do. They're keeping secrets from you, or manipulating your, because they don't want you meddling in their carefully laid out plans.

Ethan - he's deep in the Illuminus organization, and as such he's following their order to a digree in order to keep his cover. Rutzu, I believe he's more concerned with the Darkness which is behind the scenes - and is actually the greater threat. Nobody, not even Ethan or the Divine Maiden at this point realize this - as they still think the Illuminus is the greatest threat. Thus - he comes off as secretive, arrogant, and uncaring - not because he's a part of the conspiracy... but because he's dealing with Gurhal's problems on a level you're not even aware of yet. With the fate of the Gurhal system at stake, he doesn't need the Guardians meddling in his carefully laid plans.

CrimsomWolf
Aug 13, 2007, 11:04 AM
We still don't know full story behind Illuminus and Endrum Collective...

I somehow don't believe that Illuminus's only job is to subdue other races....

Hmmmmmm........... Earthlings?