PDA

View Full Version : Honestly? (giving up rare items)

Kylie
Aug 13, 2007, 09:18 AM
How many of you would actually give up a rare item to a friend? / how many of you have given up a rare item for a friend? Curious to see how everyone votes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-13 07:19 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Depends on what rare and what friend lol. I've searched for a Black Heart for a friend with the intention to give it to him if I found it. Sadly I never found it ;-;. Did the same with Har/Quick but with the friend, same results.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
I say HELL NO because I work damn hard for all the rare items I have. I'd help them find one, but when they want something that is MINE, that's where I draw the line. Any item which has come to my room in my possession becomes MINE whether someone likes it or not...and no, I never borrow from anyone.

Sekani
Aug 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
Done it before (frequently), will do it again.

Even if this means that I'll be the only person on my card list without a single S-rank for a while to come *sob*

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 09:30 AM
When I find unexpected rares like S-Ranks or A-Rank units, I keep them.

If someone asks me "If you find this, can I have it?" THEN I say "okay" and I give it to them. Never if they ask just because I found something.

LLSmoothJ
Aug 13, 2007, 09:30 AM
I usually give up rare materials my friends need. (I.E. I give Cyrals away since I barely have any use for them.)

Jaden_Korr
Aug 13, 2007, 09:32 AM
I'd do it without hesitation in most cases.

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 13, 2007, 09:33 AM
I would if I ever found any damn S-ranks!!! >_<!!!!!

Shinou
Aug 13, 2007, 09:36 AM
To be honest I play need before greed. So lets say for example a 10* Axe drops and I'm a fighgunner so I have no use for it. And there is one FF in the party and it happens to go to me. Rather than be a greedy mofo I'd give him the Axe. For one I dont need it and two Iono thats just how I am. Now if two FF were in the party, then they would have to random or dice for it.

Ash1ey
Aug 13, 2007, 09:38 AM
I do it all the time, cause I don't care about the items, being with my friends is enough for me. Given away shi-kikami, 2 gudda skellas, and loads of A rank things

Sychosis
Aug 13, 2007, 09:39 AM
I don't know where to begin with all the stuff I've given up...

Crazy_Hunter
Aug 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
I want a 10* Axe....

Or The Bil De Axe....

Or the Ank Bico.....

amtalx
Aug 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
If they say they want it before they find it, I'll give it up without a second thought. If I find it first and then someone says they want it...that's not going to go over as well.

Kylie
Aug 13, 2007, 09:43 AM
Well, none of my friends would ever ask me for a rare just because I got it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif But yeah, if they advertised constantly that they wanted ____, I would probably give it to them if I got it. Now, if I really wanted it too, I'd tell them, and they'd be happy for me getting it (and maybe a little jealous http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif). The only instances I've given up "rare" stuff so far is like when a friend comes back from quitting and eyes a limited edition deco in my room. I'm usually excited to see them, so I have no problems handing it over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif One day, SEGA's going to shut down the servers, and everything I "accomplished" on the game will be gone. However, having the confidence to say I was a great person to my friends on the game is priceless to me and will last past the game's demise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-13 07:47 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Aug 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
I'll give stuff away only if it's something I can't use. Even then I don't usually give stuff out to people outside my guild unless I know them well.

DreamLocke
Aug 13, 2007, 09:46 AM
I don't have any friends... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But yeah, I used to give away rares to my online buddies way back on DC PSO. Often they'd return the favor. I gave more than I recieved, actually. I just like to have the group I rolled with well-equipped.

engelsein
ive done it before, given up crea doubles 20% dark, vhara claws to my friends

360NyTeMaRe
On 2007-08-13 07:43, amtalx wrote:
If they say they want it before they find it, I'll give it up without a second thought. If I find it first and then someone says they want it...that's not going to go over as well.

I just said that! Anyway, I never give away items I can't use, I sell them.

JAFO22000
Aug 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
I would NEVER give up a rare item. If it comes to me, than it is MINE and I will either keep it or sell it. Screw everyone else, it's all about me and my greatness. I will put it in my shop first for Max meseta for about a week so I can gloat about it and get all of my whiny "friends" sending me messages asking if they can have it, to which I reply "Yeah, you can have it......FOR 5,000,000 MESETA PUNK!!!!".

Sekani
Aug 13, 2007, 10:08 AM
On 2007-08-13 07:57, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would NEVER give up a rare item. If it comes to me, than it is MINE and I will either keep it or sell it. Screw everyone else, it's all about me and my greatness. I will put it in my shop first for Max meseta for about a week so I can gloat about it and get all of my whiny "friends" sending me messages asking if they can have it, to which I reply "Yeah, you can have it......FOR 5,000,000 MESETA PUNK!!!!".

...I see what you did there.

DreamLocke
Aug 13, 2007, 10:20 AM
Since I don't have anybody right now I regularly run with in PSU, I'm not giving away anything. Hell, I haven't even found an A-rank board yet.

I don't even lend out money...there was a guy I was running S ranks on seabed with and after about an hour he wanted to borrow 25k. Well, that's not that much really, but I didn't really know the guy.

Maybe later when I have a regular group to run with like I had in PSO but for now what's mine is mine.

Then again, there was a lot of hacked/duped stuff in PSO so rares were in abundance if you knew where to look/ who to know... For every rare I gave up I always had a backup...

Sha Sha
Aug 13, 2007, 10:23 AM
Yes depending on my friend one always has a har/quick called on from
and they said any deva's are mine =3

Mystil
Aug 13, 2007, 10:26 AM
I would.

Slace2k3
Aug 13, 2007, 10:34 AM
yes if a friend needs/wants it, and If I have no use for it. hell, when EP first came out, I had got a me/quick out of luck (in a full party too lol), and I gave to one of my friends. glad to see it in use by someone I know.

beatrixkiddo
I'd have to find something first to give it up ;D

JAFO22000
On 2007-08-13 08:08, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-08-13 07:57, JAFO22000 wrote:

...I see what you did there.

Yes, I incorrectly used the word "than". It SHB "then". Sorry.

-Rune-
Aug 13, 2007, 10:44 AM
I've done so more times than i can count xD
Personally there's not many S-ranks out there I want in the first place I'm quite content with the lower ranked stuffs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Enjoy just playing with friends so the rares i could car less about.

-dis-
Aug 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
I honestly don't find anything.

Jakosifer
Aug 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
lol I give away rares to my friends all the time. I don't need much, cept for one thing. ;;>_>

Katrina
Aug 13, 2007, 11:06 AM
I don't have jack, but, i consider you all my new friends, soooooooooo

Mman2000
Aug 13, 2007, 11:19 AM
If they could use it and I couldn't, then yeah i'd let them have it.

-Crokar-
Aug 13, 2007, 11:33 AM
ill give away synth materials but thats about it.

JAFO22000
Aug 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-08-13 09:33, -Crokar- wrote:
ill give away synth materials but thats about it.

I don't even do that. I earned those materials with my hard work. How do I know that I won't need them in future? I'd be upset if I gave someone materials, then found a board (that I would keep, of course!) that needed those same materials I just gave away! What was the use of finding the board?

-Crokar-
Aug 13, 2007, 12:02 PM
a little jumpy on this subject arent we lol. but i give the the force stuff to my brother i need it not. and the gunner stuff i give to my other freinds. they give me stuff so i give them stuff. but i wont give units armor or weapons away.

haruna
Aug 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
I give up anything I can't use. Gave an Ank Bico to the resident axe-fanatic. I've given up stuff to people who have returned the favor, but random people? Hell no!

JAFO22000
Aug 13, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-08-13 10:02, -Crokar- wrote:
a little jumpy on this subject arent we lol. but i give the the force stuff to my brother i need it not. and the gunner stuff i give to my other freinds. they give me stuff so i give them stuff. but i wont give units armor or weapons away.

I hate people asking for things that I worked for. It gets pathetic after awhile. If I find something REALLY cool, like a Sweet Death or a 2 Headed-Ragnus, what's to say that I won't make a Fighgunner alt just so I can use them?

mia_viola
Aug 13, 2007, 12:25 PM
i traded my first S rank weapon (a fuka misaki which was my only S rank at the time) for a kohibumeti love bow to give my friend, S ranks are nice but i know whats more important to me

pikachief
Aug 13, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-08-13 07:18, Kylie wrote:
How many of you would actually give up a rare item to a friend? / how many of you have given up a rare item for a friend? Curious to see how everyone votes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-13 07:19 ]</font>

if i found a fortefighter weapon then yes. One weapon i would never give up if found would be an S rank double saber! my beast had 10 of them at one point, sold one gave 3 away. still have a full pallet of them though XD

Neith
Aug 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
- Got a Solid / Power S and gave to a friend
- Traded my Fuka-Misaki for a Gudda Skela, then gave that to a friend
- Gave another friend an Uransara, seeing as it was a called drop

This game owes me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Raven5_1
Aug 13, 2007, 12:33 PM
i gave away twin kitty claws to a perfect stranger on firebreak because he asked, didnt find another but i didnt mind giving it up.

PMB960
Aug 13, 2007, 12:58 PM
I have given away very few things although I don't have much to give lol. Not really any S ranks since I have only seen [B] Bear Claw and a [B] Meteor Cannon(which I don't think anyone in the party would have taken since its the first S rank board I got that I could actually synth). I did give away a [B] Bear Claw and both of my Kitty Claws to others. Other than that I have only given people crappy A rank weapons/armor that I had no use for and were all low %.

CelestialBlade
Aug 13, 2007, 01:01 PM
Within my guild, I follow this. If I were to find a Psycho Wand or a Me / Quick, I'd give it to our Fortetecher without hesitation. At the same time, I'd expect a S-rank Guntecher weapon or an A-rank unit increasing ATP to head to one of us Ranged-types.

majorgamer55
Aug 13, 2007, 01:17 PM
i gave a shiiitload of sranks to my friends, crea doubles, halarod, and im not talking about now, like when those thigns weren't even in shops

Innominate
Aug 13, 2007, 01:22 PM
The first 2 S rank boards I got were given to friends. 1st was a Halarod board I gave to someone. 2nd was a completed Deva-zashi.

HaydenX
Aug 13, 2007, 01:22 PM
I give away rares all of the time...If by rares you mean {b} Scape Doll...

RedCoKid
Aug 13, 2007, 02:01 PM
I've given away 1 [B] halarod, 2 [B] bear claws, 1 giga skill pp save and have received 1 me/quick, 2 yamata-senba, 1 [B] baji line, 1 [B] uransara, 1 puyoment aura, and more kubara wood than I could count. Actually, I've never traded any rares until last weekend.

Kylie
Aug 13, 2007, 02:10 PM
more kubara wood than I could count
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Foxfire15
Aug 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hmm...well, any duplicates I might have I generally would have no problem giving up / letting go of cheaply. However, as a rule to my self, any item that was given to me, I will pass on to someone else when I don't need it anymore. The way I see it, if I didn't make it / pay for it, why should I profit from it? Seems kinda backstabish to do that imo.

RedCoKid
Aug 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-08-13 12:10, Kylie wrote:

I'm not like that, I swear! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

pokefiend
Aug 13, 2007, 02:38 PM
I do give up meseta to beginning players if they ask (I'm always encouraging new players to join PSU ^_______^) However its quite difficult for me to give up rare weapons / units / armor boards since I have 4 dedicated characters my two brothers and I use. So if I find something rare (like a Sori / Tech Charge) I'm likely able to use it which also encourages me to keep it instead of give it away.

Mr_Confused
Aug 13, 2007, 02:39 PM
Me and my friends have an agreemant that if we find an S-rank that suits a persons class we give it to that person, like if my friend finds a Mugunruk it goes to me because i use melee weapons. But if i find a s rank ranger weapon i give it to him.

Turambar
Aug 13, 2007, 02:40 PM
If I don't need it and they do, why not.

Fleur-de-Lis
Aug 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
Even when I had the ability to attain them (not very rare, 9* tops), rares were never an inspiration to play the game. They are honestly the least important part of the game, as far as I'm concerned. I'd gladly make a gift of one if it would make a teammate happy.

Feelmirath
Aug 13, 2007, 03:56 PM
You know, I would give away some S-ranks, IF ANY WOULD DROP FOR ME IN THE FIRST PLACE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

perfectminute
Aug 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
If I dont need it I'd give it to a freind. And if I can use it I'd let them borrow it if im not using it. The only friiend that I let borrow things is my freind that I've known since 3rd grade. Not an online freind. If he wouldnt give something back I could just beat him up when ik see him...

Anduril
Aug 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe if it is an item I can't or don't plan on using and I am in a particularly good mood. Otherwise if they want it they can buy it from me in my shop.

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, if I knew it was something I really wasn't going to use, or it was something a friend was really looking for, I'd pass it up no problem.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
I gave my friend a Sori/TECH charge once.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 13, 2007, 06:37 PM
depends if I wanted the item or not. Depends on how bad they wanted it or if I could use it.

IE I found svaltus sword, said I didn't really have a use for it, tons of friends asked for it. So... I traded it for an SPS. Now if one of those friends had said before hand that they wanted a Svaltus sword, they would've gotten it.

THE JACKEL

Jaden_Korr
Aug 13, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-08-13 12:10, Kylie wrote:

*cough*
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

I'm a dead man next time you see me in game,aren't I Kylie?

Tita
Aug 13, 2007, 06:44 PM
oh totally. why not? it's a goddamn game. they help me out with missions, i give them stuff they want, and vice versa.

i got 2 PMs built with friend's meseta so despite not really having any qualms about giving away stuff i dont really need for my own character, i owe them anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xgp
Aug 13, 2007, 06:54 PM
my friends mein more to me thin a s rank i have given my friends s rank if i do not need it and thay do the same for me thats what it meins to have friends y play if u have no friends thin whin u do get an s rank thar is no one to be happy with u and i see no point in playing if thar is no one to be happy with u.

Finae
Aug 13, 2007, 07:13 PM
Give up? Lol, I wouldn't be giving up anything, if I know that person is looking for that item, it goes to them. When I want stuff, I hunt by myself. I can be evil and greedy all I want then. So to answer OP question, yeah.

If I'm playing with some nubz or randoms, that shit is mine. I don't care if you were looking for it, you joined my game and it went to me. It don't matter to me as I won't remember you tomorrow morning anyways. And it don't matter if I'm not going to use whatever dropped anyways, that can be traded for some other crap I want.

In other words, I'm a a-hat to randoms when it comes to items and I'm nice to people I know of when it comes to items. I'll help out the people I know of when it comes to hunting, but I won't help out nub Johnny Blaze. Once I get to know a person, they aren't randoms no more. Nubz are actually noobs and I will be as evil as I want to them.

Ryno
Aug 13, 2007, 08:18 PM
YES!

Tulio07
Aug 13, 2007, 11:05 PM
for a friend ... if I'm not looking for it myself at the time. If it's a stranger ... I'd give it up only if we have a prior agreement to do so. If I get something and he begs, I say tough luck. Not that I've ever found anything of any use ><

Cz
Aug 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
if you somehow manage to get an intimate friendship relationship with me, I will not doubt you and lend you my rares. To me, rares are not important. If a friend betray my trust and take my rares, then he/she can run away with them if he/she desires. I wont hate you or cry over my lost things. An objects are just an outside things to me and it is not necessary. My judgement for a friend is very strict. That is why i dont have many friends anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I will share my rares with anyone that can capture my heart. Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-08-13 23:06 ]</font>

Eureka
Aug 14, 2007, 01:07 AM
The answer is yes. If I can't use it, its no point in me keeping it. Been quite a few things I gave up to various friends for this reason. Even now my best friend in the game has the rarest thing I found thus far. But I would gladly let her have it because we help each other out. And she can put it to better use than I can. Same with any of my friends, if I have no need for it; they are welcome to it.

Any item which has come to my room in my possession becomes MINE whether someone likes it or not...and no, I never borrow from anyone.

Anyway, I never give away items I can't use, I sell them.

lol...You sure were known to beg for items though...and then go around and sell the stuff made from them.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 14, 2007, 02:19 AM
Yeah I know, and after I stopped and went and soloed to earn my stuff, I started to notice I had a lot of single weapons which alone could outprice someone's whole palette. *winks and coughs*

PS - After all, you did start the game a lot earlier than me. I've just made more progress. Call me an elitist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-08-14 00:25 ]</font>

darkante
Aug 14, 2007, 02:30 AM
I would give a rare item to a friend if it happened to be one of the things they wanted.
But...Me / Quick unit is a different story if i should rechieve one, haha.
I have searched too long for it to simply hand it over. XP

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
Well, actually it doesn't really matter much what I find because I don't play in parties anyway! I got lucky one time in a party and got that Daiga-Misaki board, but the 2-headed ragnus and the halarod both dropped while I was soloing. That means it was all my hard work and therefore it's MINE!

Anyway, I searched for Crea Doubles board today, got a couple of 6* sword boards (synthesizing) and I'm about to set off for Holtes City West to hunt for the Cubo Musrana, or if I'm lucky, one of the rogues will drop me another Cugo Mamba to use.

Garasu
Aug 14, 2007, 10:55 AM
If I didnt need the item, sure, why not...But if I EVER thought I would use the item...ever, I would keep it.

Nia
Aug 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
not only would I give it too him, I'm hunting it for him as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Crea Doubles are HARD TO FIND!

-Rune-
Aug 14, 2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, with so many 'nice" people in the community, why is PS2/PC's economy still messed up after all this time? @_@? Surely if all these people including myself are so "easy-going" in giving away rares... what's the difference in lowering prices of things in the community... unless a lot of people are just talking hot-air to seem like a better person... o.o;;;

DLShAdOw
Aug 14, 2007, 03:01 PM
I gave up a Me / Quick to someone I didn't even know because he was hunting it and I wasn't a force.

Para
Aug 14, 2007, 03:12 PM
Would but can't.

darkante
Aug 14, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-08-14 12:27, -Rune- wrote:
Wow, with so many 'nice" people in the community, why is PS2/PC's economy still messed up after all this time? @_@? Surely if all these people including myself are so "easy-going" in giving away rares... what's the difference in lowering prices of things in the community... unless a lot of people are just talking hot-air to seem like a better person... o.o;;;

Yeah, i kinda wondered that myself too.
I know that i have pretty fair prices, and still i am broke most of the time because no one seems to buy anything but ice photons from me? (teh hell?)
I´m clueless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

_Wolf_
Aug 14, 2007, 03:39 PM
The only time i give up rare items is if they are with me in the party and we each call a different rare item. Like in fire break
Player 1-Kitty then Puyo then Jao
Player 2-Puyo then Jao then Kitty
Player 3-Jao then kitty then Puyo etc.

AC9breaker
Aug 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
I've been running Dual Sentinel/Sleeping Warriors searching for a Meteor Cannon or Svaltus Sword. However if I ever found a Psycho Wand it would go to my buddy DJ_Donkey no questions asked.

JAFO22000
Aug 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-08-14 13:39, _Wolf_ wrote:
The only time i give up rare items is if they are with me in the party and we each call a different rare item. Like in fire break
Player 1-Kitty then Puyo then Jao
Player 2-Puyo then Jao then Kitty
Player 3-Jao then kitty then Puyo etc.

Poor player 3! Still looking for that "ever elusive" Jao statue, I see?

(ED: Who would call a JAO STATUE?!?!?!?)

Midicronica
Aug 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-08-13 07:28, Sekani wrote:
Done it before (frequently), will do it again.

perfectminute
Aug 14, 2007, 05:33 PM
I started giving away jaos in the lobby... Get them, run out and yell "JAOS FOR SCAPEDOLLS!!!"

unicorn
Aug 14, 2007, 05:46 PM
In a party of friends, and I found a rare someone else was looking for, I would give it away. For instance, in GoF, if an s-rank Bow drops it goes my way, but if a Deghanna or Meteor Drops, it goes my friend's way. Of course I wouldn't mind a Deghanna Cannon (I love lasers) but I love Bows more.

However, in a party of random people, I would most likely keep whatever I get, unless they seem noteworthy.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 14, 2007, 07:19 PM
I found a Scape Doll while doing Lab Recovery C to get to Raffon Lakeshore, and since I already had 10, I messaged all my friends to come get the free one. Noone came. LOL

Eureka
Aug 15, 2007, 12:12 AM
I gave a complete stranger all the B rank guns I made once >.>
And a Zeetline I made just for the heck of it.

-Aurora-
Aug 15, 2007, 12:37 AM
I've gave up a Har/Quick for a monomate to my best friend no questions asked....if i had the opportunity to do it again...I would in a heartbeat

stukasa
Aug 15, 2007, 12:50 AM
I haven't found many rares, period. ;-;

However, my gunner friend let me have a Me / Quick we found during an Eastern Peril run. Later on, I let that same friend have the SPS we found during a Plains Overlord run. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

If I ever find an S-rank board I don't need I'll probably give it away. That's assuming I ever FIND an S-rank board. xD

Zael
Aug 15, 2007, 01:09 AM
lol, if my friend wants it, I just let them borrow it indefinitely

FUFME
Aug 15, 2007, 01:54 AM
Ive had lots of people give me rare 9* Armor Boards, 2 10* Weapons and Me/Quick for free, so I would not be douchy to a close person and not give them something they really needed.

I gave Rune Meadows a Uransara board during a hunt once.

Edit: I also gave out over 40 Million to various people back when there was good stock of money, if that counts..lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-08-14 23:57 ]</font>

Zael
Aug 15, 2007, 03:58 AM
I don't give strangers rares though. Ever.