PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Oh Lord....its like PSO all over again....

DikkyRay
Aug 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
So i was in my room talking with my friend. No biggie, tlking about fighting games. I seemed to have ALOT of people coming to my room. I mentioned to my friend "Man, whats with everyone coming into my room?"
This guy, dont care about his name doesnt go to buy my crap, rather comes to me and just goes "Can i have some"
Im thinking What the hell, then he goes "I was hacked, can i have some money?"
Now, LOL a this. If the bastard was hacked, i dont think a hacker would just take money/items. He was fully clothed with RARE armor. I believe it was hounds male cast armor. Not cheap for someone who was hacked.
"Its not funny i lost everything For fun i checked his PA's. Most were above lvl 15. Im sure if he was hacked, those would be gone.

Still this kinda makes me worry. PSO was lame that everytime you went to a lobby, hell even in game sometimes you got "CAN I HV FREE STUFF" people. Could they have finally migrated to PSU?

Katrina
Aug 13, 2007, 10:55 AM
It's like that in every mmo i've played. Some ppl are legit newbies asking for help or some money, some scammers out for whatever they can get (including account info), some just ppl being annoying, looking for ppl to overreact so they can get their jollies off it.

P.S. can i hav ur stuffs?

ABDUR101
Aug 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
You get that in any game, duh. I get that in WoW all the time.
Person I don't know whispers me-"Hey can you give me 1g to pay back a friend?"
Me-"No, go play the game and earn the money to pay him back."
Mooch-"ok sheesh sorry, no need to be rude."
Me"Yeah, lets ask a complete stranger to cover YOUR debt, thats not rude at all." *spits on person and rides away*

"Can I have money for training?" No asshole, go play the game and earn your money for training.

You get that element all the time in online games. People expect hand-outs, you just have to ignore them or put them in their place.

drizzle
Aug 13, 2007, 12:58 PM
Chances are he never got hacked. He's just a beggar.
Expect to see it a lot more now that most haxeta is gone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DurakkenX
Aug 13, 2007, 02:17 PM
It's all part of the same thing that people get mad at me being an ass about on the forum...

on forum = "Can you give me info on raising PMs" "Go use the damn search function and how about posting in the right forum?"
noobs in game = "How do I do X" "Did you attempt to do it yourself or read the manual or play the tutorial?"
beggars in game = "Can i have money?" "You can have the money that the mobs drop or that you earn why should i give you mine?"

But people are "nice" to these idiots so they keep doing it. Basically if you have ever given money to someone, helped someone with an obvious problems that should never arise, or problem that are discussed in game tutorials and manuals, or repeated info on a forum... then YOU are more the problem because it allows people to be that dumb...

EphekZ
Aug 13, 2007, 04:47 PM
er, in PSU I'm not sure you can affect other player's stats. Just their items. Most likely he got hacked after he got his PAs to lvl 15 and he bought the armors earlier. it's not like PSO where you get FSOD'd and corrupt.

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
0% like PSO

This also happens in any online game.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 13, 2007, 08:33 PM
It was rather funny in Guild Wars. People spammed that they got scammed or accidentally sold their armor or need it for uber armor that they shouldn't have gotten without being run places. It's rather lame seeing them with the rarest armors begging because they spent their millions on worthless items.

DikkyRay
Aug 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
LOL at the people saying its in every mmo.
If People were hacked in say, WoW, they could go to blizzard, and blizzard would actualy do something. You think Sega cares if anyone was hacked?
I have played ALOT of WoW, as have other friends, barely any beggers. Hell, we got more people giving free stuff than beggers.
Also Artea, you must not have played PSOGCN, because 99% of the lobbies were "I WAS HACKED CAN I HV STUFF"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-08-13 18:53 ]</font>

VanHalen
Aug 13, 2007, 08:43 PM
Lol Yesterday there was a Cast spamming

"Anyone hab monie for a newb Cast Force?"

DikkyRay
Aug 13, 2007, 08:52 PM
Few things i might as well add:
When i say "Like PSO" Im talking about people coming into my game, interupting a run because they spam "I NEED STUFF" or "I WAS HACKED".
Happened ALL THE TIME IN PSO. Now they are coming into my shop/games for the same reasons.
In WoW When i was doing quests, i was never stopped by someone because they were hacked, or stopped by beggers. Like i said before, rarely in towns even.

And PSU isnt a MMO last time i checked. Online, Yes, Massive Multiplayer? Nope.

Powder Keg
Aug 13, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-08-13 18:37, DikkyRay wrote:
LOL at the people saying its in every mmo.
If People were hacked in say, WoW, they could go to blizzard, and blizzard would actualy do something. You think Sega cares if anyone was hacked?
I have played ALOT of WoW, as have other friends, barely any beggers. Hell, we got more people giving free stuff than beggers.
Also Artea, you must not have played PSOGCN, because 99% of the lobbies were "I WAS HACKED CAN I HV STUFF"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-08-13 18:53 ]</font>

LMFAO. You must be living in the twilight zone. Even in lobbies like Vega, the worst people would spam were asking for items in a trade, but you are over-exaggerating the begging, it happens in EVERY online RPG, and I can at the MOST only count twice where someone came into a room begging for something (and it was most likely a trade, not just giving something away)

Being hacked isn't in question..it's already painfully obvious without any sure signs that beggars were never hacked. People are going to beg no matter the situation.

Now, let's count the number of times I've been mailed, begged, carded, and harassed by beggars in PSU for money.

Shit, I ran out of numbers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-08-13 19:51 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Aug 13, 2007, 10:07 PM
The point is; it's in everygame. You're always going to have beggers. As for the hacking, of course Blizzard does something about it; thats called keeping your consumer-base taken care of and not merely sucking them dry with minimal effort to make sure they enjoy the game. ST and Sega are really a joke anymore compared to other companies who atleast take care of their player-base.

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 13, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-08-13 10:58, drizzle wrote:
Chances are he never got hacked. He's just a beggar.
Expect to see it a lot more now that most haxeta is gone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It would be kind of funny if he were one of the hackers using haxeta, and then he's going to blame SEGA for hacking his account and taking his haxeta. LOL

MrNomad
Aug 14, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-08-13 20:07, ABDUR101 wrote:
The point is; it's in everygame. You're always going to have beggers. As for the hacking, of course Blizzard does something about it; thats called keeping your consumer-base taken care of and not merely sucking them dry with minimal effort to make sure they enjoy the game. ST and Sega are really a joke anymore compared to other companies who atleast take care of their player-base.

Well of course Blizzard is gonna be all over the problems in thier games...Really, how many games have they recently made?....uhhh, WoW expansion...See, Blizzard IS going to give great service, because they only make a new game every 2-3 years, and if they didnt, then well, they're pretty much FUCKED until they pull some huge new game out their ass. Sega and ST dont make one game every 2-3 years, they dish out a lot of different games per year, so technically they dont need to worry so much about some online pay-to-play game they make as long as people still play it, which so far is working.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2007-08-14 19:15 ]</font>