PDA

View Full Version : Class level

karr
Aug 13, 2007, 05:18 PM
does being level 14 and JUST getting to Rank 2 in my class mean i'm doing something wrong? i see level 17's running around who are already mixed classes and i can't help but think i'm really far behind in class level. i'm just running through zones and i'm typically getting S ranks.... is there a way i can level this up faster or soemthing? i'm really new to this game just got it friday please help me out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mll
Aug 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
A lot of them probably got their level up during firebreak when it was really easy to get MP. Level 14/2 sounds normal and par for the course.
I've heard the party mission on Neudaiz is very good for getting up class levels
but i wouldn't worry about it.

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 13, 2007, 05:32 PM
You should try what mll mention. The party mission called HSM (Her Secret Mission) within the Neudais's Guardian area.

It's great for wonderful MP for low levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-08-13 15:33 ]</font>

Josko
Aug 13, 2007, 05:41 PM
You're not doing anything wrong at all. You just got the game, so you're going to want to explore around a bit before getting into the heavy level grinding. I would expect that most of the low character level/high job level folks you're seeing are experienced player's alts. They already know all the areas, so they're focused solely on getting quick mission points.

If you really want to bump up your job, head on over to the Guardians HQ on Neudaiz. There's a mission running there that gives excellent MP. There's some specific rules for that one though, so pay attention whilst the NPC explains it. You'll need a party of four to run it, but that shouldn't be a problem. That building's usually fairly busy.

ThEoRy
Aug 13, 2007, 05:43 PM
don't worry bout it. you got a ways to go and before ya know it, you'll be maxed.

Kion
Aug 13, 2007, 06:16 PM
The level 17 characters you see running around are probably alternate characters, Players that have another character and choose to make another for game play varaity. They usually hand down weapons to their new character and already have an idea of the missions that they can goto to level up quickly. If you're new to the game that it takes time to play enough missions before you have an idea of what's going on. Level 14 sounds about when most people get a class level up the first time.

Right now I'm working on a guide for suggestion of missions to do for good exp and mp for each level range. It doesn't include low levels yet, but i'll probably add it soon. Check on the topic occasionally as i'll try to keep updating it:
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=150556&forum=22&18

And like DJ said, doing Her Secret Mission from the Neudaiz Gaurdians counter is a really good way to level up.

DurakkenX
Aug 13, 2007, 06:29 PM
Her Secret Mission C-rank, S-ranked gets you 100mp. It takes 10 runs to get lvl 10 of the base classes and 80 for any other job... Also combo jobs only are like 800mp to get to as it's lvl 5 and lvl 3...not hard.

karr
Aug 13, 2007, 09:19 PM
hey i really appreciate all the input guys and gals! very happy to know i'm doing ok! and more than that i'm very interested in this new quest you guys have mentioned.

anybody with a high level want to volunteer to rush me through 1 or 2 of these quests tomorrow lol i'd love to get to one of those mixed classes and try them out hehe.

Jaden_Korr
Aug 13, 2007, 09:25 PM
If you're on PS2/PC,I'll gladly help out with some runs. Hell,I'm wanting to level my alt at some point,along with boost my first character's class levels

Kylie
Aug 13, 2007, 09:48 PM
You're not behind, they just hurried too quickly.

karr
Aug 13, 2007, 10:35 PM
xbox http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Complex_Jao
Aug 13, 2007, 10:57 PM
NO HSM,14/2:good 17/10:bad.I DONT LIKE THAT RUN.make your way there like all the other #30050000 did

mvffin
Aug 14, 2007, 03:25 AM
I once saw a level 1 fortetecher 2. during firebreak.