PDA

View Full Version : is it confirmed AOI will include PSU itself and the expansio

Saner
Aug 14, 2007, 03:31 AM
so there's no need for the original PSU to access everything PSU has besides what AOI will add? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 14, 2007, 03:32 AM
Good question, but I'm still keeping the original if it does. GameStop is like an NPC shop, it takes stuff for 10% of the price.

Hatemachine
Aug 14, 2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah but if you bend over JUUUST right they give ya an extra 10% reserving new games.

still nowhere NEAR the value of the game but hey thems the pits and personally I dont have enough vaseline to merit trading this games disc in if this is the case.

Raikuro
Aug 14, 2007, 03:51 AM
I'd guess it would have everything but episode 1, since it had it's own "achievement" points...

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 14, 2007, 03:52 AM
The only game that I've ever traded in which I got more than its money worth was Gears of War (I'm not allowed to say MY name for it) for $22 including the 10% bonus for the EB Games card.

A2K
Aug 14, 2007, 06:07 AM
It won't include Episode 1 Story Mode or Extra Mode, but, yes, it should contain all game assets (bosses, levels, associated textures and geometry, etc.) present in the base game and be playable as a standalone title on PC and PS2.

Xbox 360 is a trickier matter. We know that the game will be available as a download on the Xbox Marketplace. Requiring an original game disc might shave a few gigs off the download, which is certainly a welcome thing, in my opinion, but on the other side of the spectrum, it might be completely standalone in and of itself and may even be launched directly from the Xbox Dashboard. We just don't really know as details as to how exactly it will work haven't been released.

Xtian913
Aug 14, 2007, 08:23 AM
If its anything like the Oblivion expansion you will still need the original game disc to boot up the game, regardless of whether you even venture back into the original game's content. Its their way of making sure you own the game disc and aren't just downloading the expansion content and then letting a friend play the game disc for free. Gotta love big business.

amtalx
Aug 14, 2007, 08:40 AM
The 360 release *should* be the same as the PC/PS2 release, meaning that it would be standalone. Shivering Isles was actually sold as an expansion and was never intended to be standalone. Selling AoI as an "expansion" would be a little silly on ST's part since it would reduce the number of adopters to people who already own a PSU disc or those who want to shell out for 2 games just to play. If its sold as a standalone package, new adopters only have to pay once. Personally I hope its a full release and runs off the HD. Those pesky DDE will be a thing of the past.

Soulvayne
Aug 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
Its not unheard of in MMO's to release an expansion and not have everyone switch and buy the new content; as the new content isn't essential to playing the game, its just more content. You didn't have to have Burning Crusade for WoW and the game is not sold combined with it, FFXI however has over time released a Vanadiel collection but however when the Chains of Promathia Expansion came out it was never bundled with the game until Square Enix's newest expansion the Treasures of Aht Urghan. Now I"d be all for a new bundled version of the game, but that kind of steps away from Sega's attempt to make AoI a marketplace download.