PDA

View Full Version : About Kubara weapons and grinding them

Shardio
Aug 14, 2007, 08:51 AM
So, I've been around in this game for a while (okay, since December >.>) and some time ago, I decided to make a Kubara weapon. Shinstuki-zashic. It had 22% chance of succes. It worked and ended up having 22% fire. Lucky me, I guess.
Anyway, the question is: What's so special about these Kubara weapons? I noticed they grind well, yes. But apart from that? Their stats are kind of dissappointing, even when grinded. All I can think of is their huge amount of PP and the 'Attack' name being replaced with 'Dance'.
Enlighten me.

amtalx
Aug 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
You usually have to grind them pretty high to see the effects (+7/8 range) and even then, there are some Kubaras that still suck after they are grinded (Tengohg Bow anyone?).

Shardio
Aug 14, 2007, 09:25 AM
Aha... any other special thingies? I was thinking about like... induces status effects or something... Especially because the Frying pan says 'Cook' for 'attack' and it causes burn... so I thought 'dance' might cause... confusion? XD

Edit: But who sets the names of PA's to stick on their screens anyway? I'm probably the only guy in all of Gurhal who does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shardio on 2007-08-14 07:26 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
All kubara melee type - 10% Melee reduction PA

Most normal kubara fail because well yeah the stat sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif until you grind them, But some of them don't o.0 grind well like the tengoh bow that ama said Still sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Most ''Special kubara'' have a stange or well an effect on them like

The frying pan and The Ank Bico http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Frying pan causes Burn) ( Ank bico is random dmg)

Higher PP always o.o

AC9breaker
Aug 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
Kubara weps are for the hardcore. For example Shigga Damduc, 6* star Kubara Shotgun. Its only useful at +10 It has stats comparable to an S rank then. The last grind gives it like +50 or something absurd. Don't recall the exact number. Not all Kubara weapon are useful as amtalx mentioned the Tengohg bow still sucks but has a very large amount of pp at +10. It varies for each weapon.

Shardio
Aug 14, 2007, 09:39 AM
So basicly, they are made for PA spammage, with the reduction and all? Wow, sounds like stupid to me, since I don't spam PAs.

Edit: I see. Hardcore weapons... hmm, not for me, I guess! XD
Thanks for the info, and uhm... my shop will be selling it soon >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shardio on 2007-08-14 07:41 ]</font>

A2K
Aug 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that's a 10% reduction of skill damage, not PP cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-14 07:44 ]</font>

Mayu
Aug 14, 2007, 09:44 AM
The reduction of PA damage isn't that bad

The Kubara weapon have higher PP then most counterpart Normal weapons so that helps a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Example

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1557/carriguine_rucar/

Rucar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<3 the PP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hate the recovery -.- Oh well Photon charges

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-14 07:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-14 07:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-14 07:49 ]</font>

Shardio
Aug 14, 2007, 09:53 AM
On 2007-08-14 07:43, A2K wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, that's a 10% reduction of skill damage, not PP cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-08-14 07:44 ]</font>

Makes it even less of an option to me. Mind you, I'm a Newman wartecher. Any lack of power in a weapon is catastrophic to me. Well, not really, but... I gotta keep up with the party, you know. They might think a measly lvl 20 hunter snuck in or something... >.>

DreamLocke
Aug 14, 2007, 10:00 AM
What I don't understand is why UNGRINDED kubara weapons are so overpriced in the player shops. Isn't it easier/cheaper to make a kubara weapon?

As a WT, right now the only kubara I'd consider would be a nice grinded cometarac.

Mayu
Aug 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
I'm guessing the Slight % Reduction to make that current kubara weapon

It also takes kubara wood which is um easy to find but it's for some reason worth more then NPC wood hehe

DarkEliteRico
Aug 14, 2007, 10:42 AM
I've also noticed for my dual sabrics that i regen 5 PP vs 4 PP on my dual sabers. Grinded 3 times and with a little less elemental % on it it hits for about 5-10 less damage per strike. But the extra PP is nice.

Neoptolemus
Aug 14, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-08-14 08:02, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
I'm guessing the Slight % Reduction to make that current kubara weapon

It also takes kubara wood which is um easy to find but it's for some reason worth more then NPC wood hehe

But, the NPC wood can be purchased at NPC fairly cheap, whereas the Kubara wood can only be found. On top of that, it is a much lower synth % to make a Kubara. I do agree, however, that Kubara weapons should be cheaper in Player Shops, but for the most part, that goes for every item on PSU.

Kion
Aug 14, 2007, 02:41 PM
B rank kubara weapons grinded to +10 get above 8* stats. They have lower equip requirements and more power. They're the most powerful weapons available to basic classes, but people still use them because they look cool and they have high PP regen.

There are two kinds of A rank kubara weapons, the main stream company knock offs that you can buy in the kubara store after Seed Awakened, and Kubaras that have to be found in missions.

The knock off kubaras are generally weak and don't get decent power/pp until the +7/8 range and the requirements for kubara wood make them more expensive and with lower synth rates they're needlessly expensive for poor weapons. So considder them exactly that; inferior knock offs, but they do have lower requirements to equip.

Than there are the kubara that have to be found in missions and they tend to have good stats to begin with and grind even better. The 7/8* kubara tend to need to be grinded before they show significant damage output versus the 9*'s which tend to be insanely powerful from the beginning.
Because each class has a combination of equipable S and A rank weapons, the most powerful possible A ranks are unique kubaras. Grinded it'd be like having another S rank on your pallet. Considdering there's the Degahna cannon, and ank bico at the mosment, plus the magical wand and koltova grenade laucher coming out, i'm predicting/hoping that we'll see more 9* kubara weapons come AoI.

The thing to remember about kubara is that kubara just refers to illegal weapons of unknown origins. The makers are unknown which is why each kubara weapon has different traits and there's no one way to think that makes sense for all of them. Each kubara can be very effective depending on how you use it.