PDA

View Full Version : VoC...and Jao

Gryffin
Aug 14, 2007, 06:54 PM
Has anyone seen Jao in VoC since the rebalance? Can you recall what the map was?

I'm sick of Crimson, and I'm agitated at PSU in general. I just want to hunt for the Bico in solitude, so if anyone has a valid rare map, it would be much appreciated.

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
just find one friend, play as fighgunner with tornado dance, and the two of you run Crimson on B, it literally takes like 4 minutes

THE JACKEL

Gryffin
Aug 14, 2007, 06:58 PM
The thing is, I'm sick of crimson.

I did over two hours of TWO MINUTE runs, and not a single jao spawn... Lol.

Desecration
Aug 14, 2007, 09:21 PM
try doin lab recovery B, thats what im doin

Starrz
Aug 14, 2007, 09:57 PM
http://psupedia.info/Rare_Monsters#Valley_of_Carnage

Gryffin
Aug 14, 2007, 10:17 PM
On 2007-08-14 19:57, Starrz wrote:
http://psupedia.info/Rare_Monsters#Valley_of_Carnage

Yeah. Thanks...

Except the fact that I've yet to see a rare spawn after following that map, in three hours of running. Can you confirm it's working-ness?

ShadowDragon28
Aug 14, 2007, 11:47 PM
agreed.. info plz... i would like to find a few fireworks decos...

Aralia
Aug 15, 2007, 06:21 AM
Only map I can confirm is the left gate route.

Up the hill to the right you'll see 3 vandas and a jishgara.
next block you gotta go to the last room and if you get 2 kog nads then 5 vandas, you got it.. if it's only 4 vandas, the map is a fail.

LP_Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007, 09:08 AM
even the north east map with there 3 jishagaras is even right after the rebalance. it was my first map on this day... and its was the rare map.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 15, 2007, 11:18 AM
The official Jaggo map has blk1 full of Lapuchas, make sure blk1 has a bridge north and one east in the first room with enemies. Blk2 will have all charged Vandas in the first part.

NexGen
Aug 15, 2007, 11:38 AM
Not that I don't believe you, but why isn't this information on PSUPedia yet? If your statement is correct (which I'd believe at this point lol) what is the point of the misinformation listed there?

EspioKaos
Aug 15, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-08-15 09:38, NexGen wrote:
Not that I don't believe you, but why isn't this information on PSUPedia yet? If your statement is correct (which I'd believe at this point lol) what is the point of the misinformation listed there?

The "misinformation" was correct prior to the mission rebalancing done a few updates ago. Following the adjustments made to spawn patterns, these charts got jacked up something fierce.

NexGen
Aug 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, which is why I've been wary of all but Crimson for my Bico hunt.

But, considering I have been reading Raine's posts and find her information typically valid - shouldn't this be placed there to correct the fierce jacking of charts?

EspioKaos
Aug 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
On 2007-08-15 09:43, NexGen wrote:
Yeah, which is why I've been wary of all but Crimson for my Bico hunt.

But, considering I have been reading Raine's posts and find her information typically valid - shouldn't this be placed there to correct the fierce jacking of charts?

We're getting there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Updates are generally done to these charts on a daily basis, and overall we're doing some massive cleaning of the site, so it'll definitely be addressed.

NexGen
Aug 15, 2007, 11:59 AM
Good to hear - I like the site, and appreciate the work people put into it. I hope it's ready before 9/15 since that is my new deadline for the Bico.

Starrz
Aug 15, 2007, 12:14 PM
The VoC maps on PSUpedia are correct.

I've had confirmations of both A-X and C-X.

NexGen
Aug 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
So...B-X would be with the Lapuchas, as Raine mentioned?

Edit: Found this on PSUPedia...I never thought it would have been changed last night to reflect all of this information lol.

- | '''Initial spawn:'''
Jishagara x2 Zoona x1 + | '''Initial spawn:'''
Lapucha x3

This information is from the change logs for the B-X variant. It appears that it is now accurate, and Raine's information has been included as well. (Credit to Bagleyboy)

To that, my friends, I say hoo-ray.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NexGen on 2007-08-15 11:19 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Aug 15, 2007, 01:49 PM
Let me add this, the first Kod nadd you fight in Blk2 will appear by itself, then the 2nd one will appear after you killed the first. They do not appear together. This is after the Lapucha blk1 of course.

ulyoth
Aug 15, 2007, 03:55 PM
So id be better off, doing VoC rather than Desert terror? Because ive spent over 6 hours last night and this morning running it using the map layouts on PSUpedia, and ive got nada.

Innominate
Aug 15, 2007, 05:08 PM
Do they not spawn in C rank? I've been at it for 4+ days with varying degrees of luck and have yet to see a single spawn of Jao. Did they lower the spawn rate with the rebalance? Do you need to kill all the mobs or something else I'm missing? Before the rebalance I used to hunt for decos in VoC C and found them by the ton. Now i can't get a single spawn. I'd love to what's up with that. I'm very disappointed since I've always hunted the decos for friends and myself. I dont care about the Axe, I just want decos.

DAMASCUS
Aug 15, 2007, 08:44 PM
I've been having the same problem with Mine Defense but thankfully Psupedia did update their maps for it. I have been running it on C rank too with 3* luck and have had no Jaggo. It still seems a lot better for Jaggo hunting though, so if it pans out, its totally quick&easy to do.

LP_Phoenix
Aug 16, 2007, 02:13 AM
same problems...its quit harder since the rebalance. like kaiaphas, was always searching the decos for friends or myself.and i want 2 firework decos too...but voc take a lot of time to check. mine defense is faster,isnt it, damascus? i would search the jaos there, but i dont know where they spawn. is it after the fence teleport? where u need to destroy the boxes to see enemies...can somebody explain it to me >.< i dont know...

NexGen
Aug 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-08-15 11:49, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Let me add this, the first Kod nadd you fight in Blk2 will appear by itself, then the 2nd one will appear after you killed the first. They do not appear together.

I thought what mattered in block 2 was what spawned AFTER the gate (in VoC), not the initial spawn. After the gate, there should be 2 Kog Nadds, followed by 5 total Vandas (1 must spawn upon the death of 1)

DAMASCUS
Aug 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-08-16 00:13, LP_Phoenix wrote:
same problems...its quit harder since the rebalance. like kaiaphas, was always searching the decos for friends or myself.and i want 2 firework decos too...but voc take a lot of time to check. mine defense is faster,isnt it, damascus? i would search the jaos there, but i dont know where they spawn. is it after the fence teleport? where u need to destroy the boxes to see enemies...can somebody explain it to me >.< i dont know...

I'm a almost positive that they are suppose to appear at the very end before the room of Kog Nadds. Once you hit the boxes you get the 3 Jaggo instead of 4 Jishagara. I have not gotten them but I'm sure thats the story.

I also have to say that soloing for Jaggo seems almost impossible but with groups we can get a spawn at least once an hour; on Crimson Beast at least.

NexGen
Aug 16, 2007, 12:02 PM
I also have to say that soloing for Jaggo seems almost impossible but with groups we can get a spawn at least once an hour; on Crimson Beast at least.

I wish. Either I am mentally challenged, or I just have no luck. Could be both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NexGen on 2007-08-16 10:02 ]</font>

JanosA
Aug 16, 2007, 06:53 PM
so the Mine Defence maps are correct?

stukasa
Aug 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-08-14 16:55, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
just find one friend, play as fighgunner with tornado dance, and the two of you run Crimson on B, it literally takes like 4 minutes

THE JACKEL

I've been wondering, how does that work? My FG friend tried TDing from one switch to the other while I stood on the third switch but we couldn't get the door to open. Is there some kind of trick to it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DAMASCUS
Aug 16, 2007, 11:00 PM
I've been wondering, how does that work? My FG friend tried TDing from one switch to the other while I stood on the third switch but we couldn't get the door to open. Is there some kind of trick to it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

lol, thats the only problem with Crimson Beast Jaggo runs. You need 3 people by the end to get into the room with the JAGGO ACTE.

stukasa
Aug 16, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-08-16 21:00, DAMASCUS wrote:
lol, thats the only problem with Crimson Beast Jaggo runs. You need 3 people by the end to get into the room with the JAGGO ACTE.

Are you sure? The way Jackel phrased it made it sound like you could use Tornado Dance to open the gate with only two people. I heard a rumor about a trick like that before but I've never actually seen it. o.o

DAMASCUS
Aug 17, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-08-16 10:02, NexGen wrote:

I wish. Either I am mentally challenged, or I just have no luck. Could be both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NexGen on 2007-08-16 10:02 ]</font>

Well, if it makes you feel any better, of the six spawns I got over the past two days they all dropped meseta except for one deco...and that was on A.

Gryffin
Aug 17, 2007, 03:59 AM
I've seen around 24 Jao now and not a single bico.

And I will continue hunting >_>

Helly
Aug 18, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-08-15 15:08, Kaiaphas wrote:
Do they not spawn in C rank? I've been at it for 4+ days with varying degrees of luck and have yet to see a single spawn of Jao. Did they lower the spawn rate with the rebalance? Do you need to kill all the mobs or something else I'm missing? Before the rebalance I used to hunt for decos in VoC C and found them by the ton. Now i can't get a single spawn. I'd love to what's up with that. I'm very disappointed since I've always hunted the decos for friends and myself. I dont care about the Axe, I just want decos.

Thats pretty much what I came in here to say! Tons of 1st Block-X but the 2nd Block never fails to um~fail with 4 Vanda instead of 5. ;_; Does the game punish you for skipping lotsa enemies? Cause there's usually a ton you can run right past in B1 which normally gets me through the mission in like 4-5 minutes!

Gryffin
Aug 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
I as well have yet to see a spawn in VoC... I've seen 33 Jao total from Crimson, 6 of which were on S, the rest on B.

Not a Bico, OR a fireworks yet.