PDA

View Full Version : Do people just lie about being bored or leaving?

ZeL_of_Seals
Aug 15, 2007, 10:14 AM
My friend plays the Xbox one and as we were trying to find good stuff we saw that a lot of ppl were saying that they were leaving. so then my friend said that they were leaving for AoI. So is AoI going to be a new game or is it really a expansion?

Dhylec
Aug 15, 2007, 10:22 AM
See this for more info on AoI..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148743&forum=20&402

Fox_Makenshi
Aug 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
Wait do you mean they are leaving RIGHT NOW for AoI or that they will be leaving for AoI when it comes out?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Xtian913
Aug 15, 2007, 10:29 AM
Maybe they thought AOI was some new version of PSU where you would have to start new characters and therefore didn't see any reason to keep leveling characters they couldn't use. Luckily, that's not the case with expansions.

Golto
Aug 15, 2007, 10:33 AM
Madden 08 anyone?

-dis-
Aug 15, 2007, 10:52 AM
Lying to get people in their overpriced shops anyone?

HaydenX
Aug 15, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-08-15 08:52, -dis- wrote:

Yep, see it all of the time.

"I'm quitting...So I'll give you a great deal...Kerseline only 9999999!"

-Rune-
Aug 15, 2007, 11:08 AM
Basically I've been wanting to make this thread for some time now, but I always see in trade boards and shops. "This game is boring" or "Leaving so selling everything!" and a multitude of others...

My thing is if people are "bored or "leaving" why do they need money? @_@? If I were seriously leaving I'd give my items awy to friend and randomly, r they'd just sit and whither away in my inventory.

My question is are they just lying to get you to feel sorry for them and buy their stuff while they return later? Or I don't know fill me in...

youthisoverrated
Aug 15, 2007, 11:09 AM
ecco the dolphin...... word lmfao

Zorafim
Aug 15, 2007, 11:17 AM
They do quit. Outside of PSOW, I don't know anyone who has actually played PSU and actually stayed. After watching many FFXIers switch over to PSU, this is really saying something.

Dropthehammr
Aug 15, 2007, 11:19 AM
some people leave simply because they are waiting for AoI to come out, my freind just left for that exact reason

Jainsea
Aug 15, 2007, 11:20 AM
yay^^ i got 1st vote http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif you bring up good point on the I'm leaving and yet they insist on selling thier
items for big monsy $_$ The only thing I can think of them doing this is if they are taking a break from the game and coming back. Yes, though I think
its a ploy for people to get thier attention and see
how much meseta they can get thier stuff for. Oh, or maybe they want to sell thier stuff and give someone
the meseta maybe? I'll take some
of that charity whoever's leaving! jk jk!( no I'm not,Im poor gib http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )

SarinSerafi
Aug 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
When I quit FFXI, instead of just giving my items to my friends in my linkshell, I sold everything and split the gil 13 ways. (Everyone ended up getting about 4 million, which is quite a bit in that economy back then.) I did it because I leveled only mage jobs, jobs my friends didn't have leveled so high, so the gil was worth more to them.

Perhaps the people who sell their stuff rather than give them away just want to distribute the meseta instead. However, in this game, most people will have some job you have leveled or can use your items on another job (for example, if I had a 50% fire Yamata and was quitting, I can give it to anyone. Any job can benefit from that armor). On FFXI, I had a Sha'ir Manteel (Bard only item), and none of my friends had a Bard high enough to use it. Being so valuable, I just sold it for gil.

Or perhaps they have some items that are extremely valuable and exclusive to a job (like an S-rank FT only weapon) and everything else they owned wasn't so valuable. Rather than have to decide which friend to give the S-rank to, they sell it and split the money amongst all of them.

So that's one reason. You never know though - it may just be a scam.

Kylie
Aug 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
It depends. Some people are trying to scam you, some people don't have friends, some people intend on coming back and want that money for when they do. But I've also seen that a lot of people do it for attention... They say that again and again, hoping that someone will say, "Oh no, don't leave!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've actually met a few people that did this to me, and got mad when I said, "okay, bye!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-15 09:29 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Aug 15, 2007, 11:30 AM
They are leaving....INTO THE FUTURE.

-Rune-
Aug 15, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-08-15 09:28, Kylie wrote:
It depends. Some people are trying to scam you, some people don't have friends, some people intend on coming back and want that money for when they do. But I've also seen that a lot of people do it for attention... They say that again and again, hoping that someone will say, "Oh no, don't leave!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've actually met a few people that did this to me, and got mad when I said, "okay, bye!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-08-15 09:29 ]</font>

Lol yeah sounds about right. Hmm could just be for attention... if that's the case that's pretty sad ;3; I'll be your friend <3

HaydenX
Aug 15, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-08-15 09:27, SarinSerafi wrote:
When I quit FFXI, instead of just giving my items to my friends in my linkshell, I sold everything and split the gil 13 ways. (Everyone ended up getting about 4 million, which is quite a bit in that economy back then.) I did it because I leveled only mage jobs, jobs my friends didn't have leveled so high, so the gil was worth more to them.

Perhaps the people who sell their stuff rather than give them away just want to distribute the meseta instead. However, in this game, most people will have some job you have leveled or can use your items on another job (for example, if I had a 50% fire Yamata and was quitting, I can give it to anyone. Any job can benefit from that armor). On FFXI, I had a Sha'ir Manteel (Bard only item), and none of my friends had a Bard high enough to use it. Being so valuable, I just sold it for gil.

Or perhaps they have some items that are extremely valuable and exclusive to a job (like an S-rank FT only weapon) and everything else they owned wasn't so valuable. Rather than have to decide which friend to give the S-rank to, they sell it and split the money amongst all of them.

So that's one reason. You never know though - it may just be a scam.

I also quit FFXI back when I played last year. I had been spending most of my time harvesting and stuff for money. I ended up with about 1 mil and when I quit , I gave it all to the only person on my linkshell.

-Rune-
Aug 15, 2007, 11:55 AM
I "quit" FFXI as well, but I'm so off and on with MMO's I just learned to keep things. I'm still debating whether I want to start it up again, and since I know I'm like this I want to leave things for myself to come back to.

Only reason that's keeping me from FFXI right now is that I want a static to come back with... I'm not a bg fan of doing randomness on there... :/

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
some people are "quitting" for a period of time, and may come back later. So rather than end up with nothing if they chose to come back, they'll have some meseta or whatever

THE JACKEL

DreamLocke
Aug 15, 2007, 01:35 PM
Some people put "quitting" in their shop ads so that their shops show up in searches. Then you realize they are the same damn prices.

Maybe people are quitting but aren't really sure if they'll come back or not. I quit once, and started over fresh, but I didn't think I would come back to PSU until I read about AoI. I wish I had a "quitting sale" so I would have started out as very rich level 1's.

Dragwind
Aug 15, 2007, 02:24 PM
They're looking for attention, imho.

MushiKuro
Aug 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
They are leaving...for som days and back saying "Ohhh man, i selled all my item1 Somebody give me free stuff?"

See ya!

X.X

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-08-15 09:08, -Rune- wrote:
Basically I've been wanting to make this thread for some time now, but I always see in trade boards and shops. "This game is boring" or "Leaving so selling everything!" and a multitude of others...

My thing is if people are "bored or "leaving" why do they need money? @_@? If I were seriously leaving I'd give my items awy to friend and randomly, r they'd just sit and whither away in my inventory.

My question is are they just lying to get you to feel sorry for them and buy their stuff while they return later? Or I don't know fill me in...

Because if you quit and come back, your shop and characters will all still be there, so people want to get rid of items now while they might be worth something versus coming back later when they're dime a dozen, like A and S rank weapons that are rare now but could be everywhere or could become completely inferior by the time the expansion rolls around. Take what you can while you can get it.

There are, of course, the shops that say they're quitting and try to rip people off, or ones that are just plain closed until the expansion.

At least with PSU you can actually come back to what you left, unlike a certain badly made Square-Enix game *cough*FFXI*cough* (yes, I saw the other posts about that game here) where if you close your account for more than 30-90 days they delete all of your account info including the serial number you made the account with and force you to buy a brand new copy of a game you already own to play online again, and charge you $12.95 just to attempt to recover your old characters. Worst service ever.

-Tidus_415-
Aug 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-08-15 12:46, Wallin wrote:
At least with PSU you can actually come back to what you left, unlike a certain badly made Square-Enix game *cough*FFXI*cough* (yes, I saw the other posts about that game here) where if you close your account for more than 30-90 days they delete all of your account info including the serial number you made the account with and force you to buy a brand new copy of a game you already own to play online again, and charge you $12.95 just to attempt to recover your old characters. Worst service ever.

O_o? Thats odd...I remember I got FFXI way back when it 1st came out on the PS2 in 2003.. Played it for about 2-3 months then stopped playing and cancelled. Then around the end of 2005 I wanted to get back into it so I used the same serial number I had and I was able to get on with no problems. Of course my character was gone but yeah...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-08-15 13:44 ]</font>

OldCoot
Aug 15, 2007, 04:15 PM
If I was quitting I would give anything to friends who wanted it, then sell the rest. Everyting left will sell for near market value. I would want others to experience the long hours of runs, failed synths and broken grinds so they can enjoy all the ups and downs that PSU has to offer. I want others to get the best money for their buck.

I agree that some of this is just to draw people to a shop to sell stuff, but I think that is not as common as the vote tells.

ZeL_of_Seals
Aug 15, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-08-15 08:59, HaydenX wrote:

On 2007-08-15 08:52, -dis- wrote:

Yep, see it all of the time.

"I'm quitting...So I'll give you a great deal...Kerseline only 9999999!"

well put

ZeL_of_Seals
Aug 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
If i wass quiting, like most ppl I would give my stuff to my top priority friends who are a select few so they would each get a good amount of my stuff

Revolt2origin
Aug 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
Virtual currency sites buy currency as well as sell it...
If you're on the 360 version, you may have seen a certain site name being spammed.

HaydenX
Aug 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-08-15 16:39, Revolt2origin wrote:
Virtual currency sites buy currency as well as sell it...
If you're on the 360 version, you may have seen a certain site name being spammed.

Yes I have....Even more bs to deal with...ughh.

Sekani
Aug 15, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-08-15 12:39, MushiKuro wrote:
They are leaving...for som days and back saying "Ohhh man, i selled all my item1 Somebody give me free stuff?"

LOL, truth.

I don't really see how people plan in advance that they're quitting anyway. I figure most people would be like me; I never really quit WoW or FFXI, I just one day decided that I didn't feel like logging in. And that was the end of it.

My characters and all their stuff vanished off into the online abyss, where they belong.

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-08-15 13:41, -Tidus_415- wrote:
O_o? Thats odd...I remember I got FFXI way back when it 1st came out on the PS2 in 2003.. Played it for about 2-3 months then stopped playing and cancelled. Then around the end of 2005 I wanted to get back into it so I used the same serial number I had and I was able to get on with no problems. Of course my character was gone but yeah...

I played it when it first came out for the same amount of time, tried to rejoin last summer actually since I met a co-worker who played, and yeah, they do delete serial numbers for inactive accounts after a while. Found it says it on their website somewhere, even asked around just to make sure and saw I wasn't the only one who thought it was stupid.

On 2007-08-15 16:53, Sekani wrote:
I don't really see how people plan in advance that they're quitting anyway. I figure most people would be like me; I never really quit WoW or FFXI, I just one day decided that I didn't feel like logging in. And that was the end of it.

It's not that hard to plan out. You get or are about to get your credit card bill, realize you're wasting $10 a month on a game you don't play anymore, and either try the game out again for a couple of days before you remembered why you stopped playing it, or just log on and throw everything in the shops before canceling the account.

Finae
Aug 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
To answer Op ?, its a yes and no. Some people will whine and complain about the game, say they quit, but still post on forums 24/7. They haven't quit, they are just waiting on Sega to release better update.

The other half actually do quit. They won't come back. Some might come back after a year or possibly 2 years, but they will get bored again and see why the quit in the first place.

Me? Oh its not a lie when I say I'm bored of the game, but I never said I was going to quit. One has to do a lot to make me quit. The only game I officially quit after about 3 years I think was FFXI. I logged on and deleted my 75 char, then closed the account. That makes anyone quit. So for me to officially quit PSU, I'd have to delete all my characters. That won't happen because PSU is not a job like games like FFXI. Its actually fun when it wants to be, but that doesn't mean I won't complain and get bored of the game. The game has many flaws like any other game.

Other than that, new games come out that grab people's interests and they put the game they were playing on hold because its boring enough as is lol. PSU is a nice game no doubt, but I wouldn't make it the only game to play.

BanF
Aug 15, 2007, 07:34 PM
Most who said that are just looking for attention.

lostinseganet
Aug 15, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-08-15 08:14, ZeL_of_Seals wrote:
My friend plays the Xbox one and as we were trying to find good stuff we saw that a lot of ppl were saying that they were leaving. so then my friend said that they were leaving for AoI. So is AoI going to be a new game or is it really a expansion?

Ummm no people do not like to give away things that belong to them. Think about terminal patients, and all the dead for that matter. Do people give their organs when they pass...?

bloodflowers
Aug 17, 2007, 07:47 AM
Coming from the 360 side of things here. I both know, and know of a large number of people who sold up and quit. I can tell you that in many cases that money was then sold over ebay, to virtual currency sites, and directly to other players in the game. It's quite widespread at the moment despite the banhammer Sega waved around for a bit - I've even had someone wander into my shop trying to sell me it.

SATatami
Aug 17, 2007, 08:01 AM
For me, I synthed way too much in the past, so I turned into a free weapons dealer, giving out 9|*'s to those who can't afford it. =]

Medic
Aug 17, 2007, 08:22 AM
I think most of it is scams because it is more attractive to people who have less money but still enough to buy something for average player shop price. "Quiting sale everything for 1/3 NPC price!" seems more attractive than, "Come to Bob's Warehouse!"

Just my opinion.

Profoundone
Aug 17, 2007, 09:30 AM
they could just be cashing out sellin their meseta to websites, i know if iquit thats what i would do

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 17, 2007, 09:48 AM
I think it's because of the topic which was posted a while ago here, where someone said "Do you ever go looking through the shop ad search for 'quitting' to see who's selling really cheap items?"