PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for making Fortetechers more pleasent?

Fredrick
Aug 15, 2007, 04:28 PM
I prefer to solo, but as a Fortetecher it can be really frustrating. The slow casting and low HP makes things tricky. The enemies are able to attack much faster I am, and it results in me pretty much having to run away, cast, heal, and run away again. It's very slow and very frustrating.

Does anyone have any tips to making teching easier? Any specific technics or tech classes I should be using?

Dhylec
Aug 15, 2007, 04:32 PM
Check the guides in Gameplay forum for help on this.

ThEoRy
Aug 15, 2007, 05:03 PM
Use debuffs and 5 other players and you'll be fine.

Chaobo99
Aug 15, 2007, 05:05 PM
debuffs/buffs and quick unit will do the trick http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

good elemental armor helps.I carry all the elements on me all the time xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-08-15 15:07 ]</font>

stukasa
Aug 15, 2007, 05:06 PM
Three words: good elemental armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Make sure you have all the elements you need for a particular mission and switch armors when necessary. Using buffs and debuffs can help a bit, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Inazuma
Aug 15, 2007, 05:17 PM
FT can easily be a great solo char, if you know what your doing. dont forget that we get access to some lv 30 bullets too. also, the beast npcs' nano blast can be really helpful.

Mystil
Aug 15, 2007, 07:02 PM
Know where the despawn line is and proceed to abuse it.

HaydenX
Aug 15, 2007, 07:50 PM
Just go in balls out....Oh, you don't care about S-ranking missions solo do you?

Seriously though, If you find fT boring, you could just switch to WT, or stop using Rods as fT and use only wands w/ guns and bows. That'll speed things up.

Alarac
Aug 15, 2007, 11:36 PM
Try to balance nuking and support. Keep an eye on your team mate's bar! I always glance at the bottom left corner of the window just in case someone needs a quick reverser or resta while I spam cards (on my GT) and what not. The same is applicable as a foretetecher.

Ebram
Aug 16, 2007, 07:38 AM
Carry good armor for each element and get good at switching between them at the drop of a hat. Never get hit without the best armor for the attack. And always use buffs and debuffs. It helps to have leveled buffs/debuffs up (at least to 11).

jayster
Aug 16, 2007, 08:30 AM
nozdiga + damnbarta.

Those spells are just devistating.

EspioKaos
Aug 16, 2007, 09:04 AM
But if you end up using Nosdiga a lot, make sure you have good enough defense so that enemy hits won't constantly interrupt casting. It's quite a pain in the ass to drain a decent chunk of a rod's PP from trying to cast something that never actually hits anything.

RedCoKid
Aug 16, 2007, 09:06 AM
I prefer to solo, but as a Fortetecher it can be really frustrating.
Find a party; FT isn't a class meant to solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-08-16 13:22 ]</font>

Fredrick
Aug 16, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-08-16 07:06, RedCoKid wrote:

Lmao! What happened to the old post?!

JAFO22000
Aug 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
Soloing is easy with a FT. As far as techs you should be learning; I personally use them all:

Ra- spells for 2-3 enemies which don't move (Vandas, Olgohmon) or move toward you very slowly.

Dam- spells to hit a larger group of enemies in front of you

Gi- spells if you get surrounded. They can give you a quick escape!

Nos - spells for tracking fast and "tricky" creatures (worms burrowing and whatnot).

I basically use opposite element most of the time. There are cases where I don't do this, but for the most part Fire v. Ice, Ground v. Lightning, etc....

When soloing, remember that you can do good damage from far away. Don't run up to the creatures all the time! Find a branch to stand behind or stairs to retreat to or a "cowards alley" to stand in (Mad Creatures/Plains Overlord...yeah, you know what I'm talking about!).

Get to know your techs, their range, what they can do, how they can help you. With even a decent ice armor equipped, Olgohmon Barta won't hurt you that much. They don't move around much either. Therefore, I find Damfoie is the best thing to use on them; find a good spot where you can hit as many as possible and unleash! If you get hit by one or two Bartas, no problem. When you health gets low, run back, resta, then find another spot and start Damfoie again.

I can't really go into everything that I personally do as a FT, all I can say is to practice, practice, practice. Try every tech in every situation and see how it works for you. Pay attention to adverse affects of each tech (knockback, stagger, etc.) and use these to your advantage. Try using Damdiga against Deljabans in the Hive. Not only does it stagger them to the point that you can keep them from casting Megid, it also keeps their attention on you and can possibly poison them as well, all while not obstructing your (nor anyone elses) view of the Deljabans (I'm looking at YOU Dambarta!), so if they happen to shoot Megid, it will not come as a surprise. (Again, hard to explain all of this stuff!).

Anyway, practice and experiment. And use resta. Lots and lots of resta!

haruna
Aug 16, 2007, 05:29 PM
This is why Me/Quick and Har/Quick units sell for so dang much. They make all the world of difference.

biggabertha
Aug 16, 2007, 05:35 PM
I've duoed with a Fortetecher and she's told me that having anyone else helps to distract enemies away from her while she goes nuts with Arcane Explosion her TECHNICs (namely Dammubarta).

But from what I've seen, I really don't think a Fortetecher needs anyone else expcet NPCs because screen blocker Dammubarta is THAT powerful.

JAFO22000
Aug 16, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-08-16 15:29, haruna wrote:
This is why Me/Quick and Har/Quick units sell for so dang much. They make all the world of difference.

Meh, the quick units make things easier, but if you are a sucky FT without the unit, you will continue to suck with the unit.

I think it's better to learn w/o a quick unit. Then, when you finally get one, you will see how much easier it actually is.

JAFO22000
Aug 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
Dambarta is a good tech, but not the end-all-be-all. There are many techs which are better than it in given situations.

Also, I would suggest not teaching people to just spam Dambarta. If you are a Dambarta spammer, you will be a horrible techer when AoI is released (not that you already aren't a horrible techer....)

bloodflowers
Aug 17, 2007, 02:35 AM
Get Me/Quick for great justice, it removes some of the slow paced frustration.

RedCoKid
Aug 17, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-08-16 15:14, Fredrick wrote:

On 2007-08-16 07:06, RedCoKid wrote:

Lmao! What happened to the old post?!

I don't know what you're talking about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

Sexy_Raine
Aug 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
I hope you're not one those trying-to-be-everything
multi-classers! It's so worthless.

If Dambarta is your only lv'ed tech, then don't bother with FT! Despite what the nubs say, it won't help you with every enemy, and even be useless on some! It will do nothing for Bil des and Gol Dolvas, and other large enemies. It is however the best anti-koltova/distova/badira/naval attack in PSU, hands down.

Nosdiga is also overrated, as you can constantly be knocked out of it, and you are left open for a long period of time! However it is very good for Volfus. Use this with caution, diga is safer in most situations.

For soloing, get Foie, diga, all Ra techs, all gi Techs. And take advantage of single element rods, as they give a bonus 12% when you put 4 of the same element on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-17 09:56 ]</font>