PDA

View Full Version : two questions, please answer

TheWildJoker
Aug 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
will Ps2 servers ever link with xbox 360?
and are the ps2 servers runing with alot of players, or its still empty?

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
1. No, 99% sure of that.

2. Less than the 360 apparently. If you remember the population system, usually the highest population is around 3 stars on Universe 2 (sometimes more and less, but never more than 4 stars from what I've seen).

HaydenX
Aug 15, 2007, 07:12 PM
To answer q #1...I can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt it simply because it would cost a lot to do, Microsoft is very protective of the LIVE service and making sure of security on the LIVE network would require that everyone playing PSU on PC upgrade to Vista. Also, combining the servers would completely ruin the 360's economy.

I can't answer #2 because I've only played on the 360.

Yunfa
Aug 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
1) 100% sure, its not going to happen. Plus IF they do, SEGA'll have to make a whole hardrive for complaint mails from subscribers.

2) The PS2/PC server's population does not reach over 3 full stars at prime time. Its that low, hence, if u dont know where the hot spots are, ur gona be very, very lonely.

Mayu
Aug 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
1: mmm... Maybe unlikely

2: 3-4 Peak - 800+ is the most http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and yeah find a hot spot or you will be a loner <.<

Sinue_v2
Aug 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
Also, combining the servers would completely ruin the 360's economy.

There's honestly not that much difference left between the economies now that the S2 missions and high-payout missions like HSM are out, not to mention FireBreak and a possible upcoming Famitsu Cup-like event. In both economies you still have people selling items for multi-millions of meseta, and for the most part - most people in either economy can't afford them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-08-15 17:55 ]</font>

Wallin
Aug 15, 2007, 08:13 PM
HSM is not that much of a high paying mission by comparison. You'd need to run it 100 times to make 1 million meseta, assuming each run took 15 minutes with lobby time, that's 25 hours of straight playing, and just to make a single million.

Meanwhile after the hacking incident, Sega is throwing around 20 million meseta to everyone who got raided, which is probably going to be at least 50-100 people, so they just threw a billion meseta into the PC economy, and 360 gets... nothing. So yeah, there's a big difference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Aug 15, 2007, 08:56 PM
Sega is throwing around 20 million meseta to everyone who got raided

That money is going to rebuilding PM's (which can quite pricey) and restoring room decorations as well as cash lost. There's more to the economy than just meseta, there's also other assets and investments to consider which this money is going to compensate. Sega isn't just "throwing it around", and it's only one option out of five - and not everyone is going to go for the Meseta.

A more accurate gauge of the difference between the economies is not based on the amount of Meseta - but on the number of A-Ranks and weapons which were bought with cheated meseta. Even so, A-Ranks aren't nearly as valuable as they used to be since the release of many of the S-Rank boards. Also, as said... there's going to be another abnormal influx of S-Rank equipment and armors come Famitsu if it's released over here.

HSM alone won't make you an multi-millionaire, but in combination with synthing (even on the 360 economy) and S/S2 runs you can make quite a lot of cash relatively quickly.

Is the PS2/PC economy more inflated than the 360 economy? Sure... but not to the point where if the servers were combined it would collapse out the 360 economy. The sky wouldn't fall... and it wouldn't ruin the game. In less than two to three months time, I doubt you would even notice the difference.

DAMASCUS
Aug 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
I have a random question to throw in. What is the lowest population for the JPN and 360 versions at the lowest point of the day? The reason I ask is that even though the PS2/PC servers are least populated at any one time we are covered by more time zones with European players thrown into the populace.

NexGen
Aug 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
At around 3AM Central Time, I've seen uni 1 at 3 stars, with uni 2 at 1 star.

At 9AM Central time, I've seen uni 1 at 4 stars, with uni 2 at 3 stars.

Both instances were mid-week, with no special event going on. Beyond those times, it's very difficult to get into uni 1 or 2 between 4PM - 1AM Central.

60Hz
Aug 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
hmm... i think the reason why #1 will never happen is because microsoft and sony would never let it happen for obvious reasons if you sit and think about it from their perspective. I dont think there is a game that can be played where players can interact from all 3 platforms... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Medic
Aug 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
1.-Probably never. Because sharing servers would mean a huge butt load of money from SEGA that would almost be pointless because no one on the 360 servers i know would like it.

2.-Im not sure but my friend said alot lower than the 360.

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-08-15 19:18, DAMASCUS wrote:
I have a random question to throw in. What is the lowest population for the JPN and 360 versions at the lowest point of the day? The reason I ask is that even though the PS2/PC servers are least populated at any one time we are covered by more time zones with European players thrown into the populace.

The JP360 players are with the NA/EU populace. Our servers are universal. They tend to stick to Universe 16, at which the most I've seen it get to is two stars.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question. I've never seen Universe 1 not full (unless you're playing at 4 in the morning, and even then it stays at four stars). At peak times, we have Universe 1 and 2 full, and Universe 3 at 2-3 stars.

I can't speak for the Japanese PC/PS2 server, but I think they have a bigger population than we do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-08-16 13:33 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Aug 16, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-08-16 10:27, 60Hz wrote:
hmm... i think the reason why #1 will never happen is because microsoft and sony would never let it happen for obvious reasons if you sit and think about it from their perspective. I dont think there is a game that can be played where players can interact from all 3 platforms... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

FFXI.

majorgamer55
Aug 16, 2007, 06:04 PM
1- doubt it but would love it they would, and 2 360 has alot more ppl

60Hz
Aug 22, 2007, 08:34 PM
On 2007-08-16 13:30, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-08-16 10:27, 60Hz wrote:

FFXI.

Hmm i stand corrected... but square is an exception to the rule lol

ArmitageQc
Aug 23, 2007, 02:50 AM
also the economie on 360 is probably more closer to real and just prizes.with no hack the synth stuff is 100% legit and good.